PDA

View Full Version : Should spies get binoculars?

RayBob
05-11-03, 17:18
I would like to see one simple new item for spies....binoculars. They should be usable while a spy is stealthed. The game mechanics already exist for zooming from the SH/scopes so I would imagine this would be simple to add. Good idea?

\\Fényx//
05-11-03, 17:21
I could almost swear that these were in game at one point O_o but... anyway... yea implement them

Ray later on your and rhoid are teachin me how to play bf1942 online :)

Lecko
05-11-03, 20:31
I thought it didn't work cos of the maximum distance thingy. So things far away arent actually drawn on the screen - otherwise most compys fall over.

Unless when you activate the binoculars, your viewpoint becomes about 500 metres in front and when you turn, you're effectively travelling a circle around yourself. That would make it appear that you're seeing far away. kinda like a drone i guess but it's invisible and cant freely move.

Scikar
05-11-03, 20:45
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
I could almost swear that these were in game at one point O_o but... anyway... yea implement them

Ray later on your and rhoid are teachin me how to play bf1942 online :)

Easy. Use All Seeing Eye to find servers, and always aim to hit tanks in the ass instead of in the face. That's all there is to it, except remember to right click if you're in a turret or artillery tank and someone says "I need artillery fire!" because arty barraging is great fun. :)

Vid Gamer
05-11-03, 20:49
Fuck all these suggestion threads on Spies getting new shit (hacking GR's, binoculars, locating people) and let the Tanks get new shit...last new thing we got was like 6 months ago.

darknessfairy
05-11-03, 20:57
It's true us tanks get the raw end of the deal...all the new things get given to tradeskillers, pe's, spies or monkehs, hence everyone except the gentank...dont we think this is a tad unfair? i certainly do

StryfeX
05-11-03, 21:17
Err...why not just make binoculars usable as an item with no req's? I mean, come on, even a GenTank ought to be able to put something up in his/her face and look through it.

Or maybe have a DEX requirement with one set being at 30 DEX, 60 DEX, then 90 DEX, each having better levels of zoom than their previous versions. E.g. - Level 1 binocs only have a 2x zoom, level 2's have a 2x and 4x, and the level 3's have a 2x, a 4x, and an 8x.

Simple and fairly easy to implement I'd think.

--Stryfe

Ascension
05-11-03, 21:20
Originally posted by StryfeX
Err...why not just make binoculars usable as an item with no req's? I mean, come on, even a GenTank ought to be able to put something up in his/her face and look through it.

Or maybe have a DEX requirement with one set being at 30 DEX, 60 DEX, then 90 DEX, each having better levels of zoom than their previous versions. E.g. - Level 1 binocs only have a 2x zoom, level 2's have a 2x and 4x, and the level 3's have a 2x, a 4x, and an 8x.

Simple and fairly easy to implement I'd think.

--Stryfe

Yeah why do you need 2 skill to see through a pair of binoculas?

:lol: