PDA

View Full Version : Sad fact: The Black Dragons on Uranus are seriously outnumbered. Why so?

‡ Stormlord ‡
05-11-03, 12:46
As a long Black Dragon member (9 months on a row and still a BD) on Uranus I realized a sad fact that the BD factions seems to be not very attractive to Players; just only an example for the Uranus server. We are trying to ressurect the Dragon. I was on a term and was checking out how much clans are really active and how much members they have. Only 3 "active" Clans, members not more about 60 if u add together. WoW, what a pownage...
Recently, the Black Dragon Party was mentioned more than one week before it get started, was mentioned ingame and even a thread was posted ingame tough. It was the biggest flop ever, only SIX Black Dragon members came: R O F L !!!
I have asked some clanleaders whats going on so far with their clans. All I hear is: 1. I am only caretaking here... or: 2. All my other characters I got in Crahn Sect or Fallen Angels... or: 3. Oh, we are inactive so far, just for fun here you know... or: 4. Black Dragons suck...

Nine months ago as I started to play Neocron first I had do read about the Factions and their Story... ...Black Dragons... ...Quote: ...“Can you refuse our offer?”... ...men and women who create their own society within society... ...they follow their own rules, answer only to themselves... the Black Dragon Clan is just this, a society of its own within Neocron... ...the Black Dragons control the illegal drug market in Neocron, dealing in anything from over the counter products to black market goods... ...they also control parts of the real estate market... ...they are dangerous businessmen who do not hesitate to eliminate any competition or tenant that gets out of line... ...the Black Dragon headquarters can be found in Pepper Park, a large building well guarded by clan members... ...few people enter this shady building uninvited... ...those that do, rarely leave...

Doesent it sounds nicely? I have realized that much NEW players to this game START AS A BLACK DRAGON and after time they change their faction due to lameness inside the faction, as I hear this reason very often from them... :(
Fact is, that we ONLY got Shooting Range in PepperPark and nothing more ingame. All the Clubs are belonging to Tsunamis. If the CA dont removes the Copbots from the PepperPark, it never will be an attractive place for players. The factionchannel is quiet like dust inside a grave. If I try to talk to other Black Dragons or Black Dragon clanleaders I receive a feeling that they are lone wolves. As I became the Faction Assistant of this faction I am really trying all with the Faction Counsellor Kirja Iljusha to get the faction stronger. No one answers, no one ingame mail or outgame forum contact, even if I offered my hand to work together with the Black Dragon members so much times, it`s all the same... ...quiet like dust inside a grave... :(

What in your opinion is so bad in this faction that you refuse to be an active Black Dragon? o_O

BlackDove
05-11-03, 12:49
Only PK'ers go and join up with the BlackDragon. And yahoo with that, because it backfires since you have a lot of children in the game, not conscious of RolePlaying or sadistic needs, so they go on and insult you, and then in the end basically everyone ends up insulting you (red = dead and shit like that), and then people have an epiphany and realise "why should i take this abuse?" and go change their faction.

Nobody wants to be evil deep down inside. Especially in public. And since the BlackDragon isn't offering much, but Copbots on their turf and shitty apartments, I would refuse their offer in a jiffy.

‡ Stormlord ‡
05-11-03, 12:55
Originally posted by BlackDove
And since the BlackDragon isn't offering much, but Copbots on their turf and shitty apartments, I would refuse their offer in a jiffy.

well, thats a next fact too... ...shitty apartments...

ericdraven
05-11-03, 12:58
Hi Calvin... good old times as we were in the same clan and KoS to SSC, hehe... ;)

But.. why did i leave BD.. i think that faction is just DEAD. Not many runners and i did not see any activity (except our OWN one) nor teamwork and the like.
I switched over to FA.. and it was great.. clans are helping each other and people actually talk. I don't know if it's still like this 'cause i am very inactive lately, but there is a BIG difference between FA and BD, for example.
And i think the same goes for other factions.

But look at Crahn - this faction was as dead as BD.. maybe even "deader" (:p).
And look at them NOW - they became a big power on Uranus with this huge syndicate clan. So Rabbi Fang actually managed to resurrect a dead faction.. great work, really impressive.
But if he could do it, maybe you can do the same.. i don't know HOW he did it tho... however, i wish you good luck with BD. :)

(i doubt i'll ever come back to BD tho)

evs
05-11-03, 13:02
i'll start a bd on uranus then

ill need gear tho

‡ Stormlord ‡
05-11-03, 13:05
Hi, Eric, and sure I remember our good old times :p

Well, Eric, Rabbi Fang was a well known FA guy and he still was a clanleader. I bet he did not like the FA - TS pact in the Server and switched with his clan and all friends to Crahn. Well done.

BlackDove
05-11-03, 13:09
Stop calling BlackDragon BD. I'm BD, see name. Cut it out. It freaks me out. :p

Oath
05-11-03, 13:14
Black dragon have a bad name on uranus, look at tik tak man, flux have joined black dragon now, so thats a little muscle for you.

BlackDove
05-11-03, 13:17
The Cartel on Uranus doesn't seem that bad.

ezza
05-11-03, 13:28
black dragon are not exactly healthy on other servers either.

im now blackdragon on saturn and have been for about a month or 2 now.

the future was actually looking bright at one point, there was one major active clan, another on the rise, and then there was a few other clans that were up and coming.

now the major active clan still has 50+ chars in the clan, yet i rarely see more than one on, and i know there leader hasnt logged on since we had the PE messup patch, the clan that was upand coming has all but disapeared.

leaving a clan of 6 and a clan of 18, then my small clan of 5 which has a few semiinactice runners on it.

i know on pluto there is the crackheads who are a active blackdragon clan,but beyond them there is proberbly only 1 or 2 clans.

problem is that black dragon are enemies to the 3 major factions(FA CM andTG) so thats a problem for a start, though i belive that BD and TG may be allied at some point in the future, so perhaps that will help a small amount.

but its a largly unatractive faction unless you are a pker in which case its a great faction.

when i first joined Kirja our faction counciller was fairly active, but on saturn its like non of the dragons care so ive not seen her about dont blame her to be honest if they dont have interest in the faction why should she shoe interest in the members.

so its not just Uranus that has the problem saturn is also having its own black dragon problems

Jesterthegreat
05-11-03, 13:32
the cartel are the only big(ish) BD clan i can think of on Uranus. i would consider joining... TG are allied / neutral to all the big clans :(

Oath
05-11-03, 13:38
Lest we forget the Dope Smugglaz, they may not be massive, but theyre good people, *who i might add once KOS'd me :) *

Jesterthegreat
05-11-03, 13:41
of course... i know dope smugglerz, wasn't aware they were BD lol ^.^

ok i stand corrected... i can think of 2 :p

now... 2 TS off the top of my head? not hard... syncz + uTs (who happen to own well over half the map between them constantly)

[SP]Ostrich
05-11-03, 13:41
Dope Smugglaz are good people. We have managed to see through their somewhat barbaric goals and look into their blessed hearts. They will help TG rid Neocron of City Admin *spits on CA guard*.

Ostrich on uranus was once BD, blame D5G for offering me a spot in proto clan.

Maarten
05-11-03, 14:09
Add them to the list:

- Biotech is dead
- NEXT is dead
- Diamond is dead
- Protopharm is dead
- Black Dragon is dead

You're point?

‡ Stormlord ‡
05-11-03, 16:59
erm, guys, okay u are telling us your favorite Black Dragon clans by chance. But do you know that the most of the Clans are unactive? There is a very small amount of active BD clans. The main members of some unactive clans are in other factions.

Well, so like I have heard here, Black Dragons faction seems to be not attractive to the most...

QuantumDelta
05-11-03, 17:02
BD has only Crahn as useful allies on uranus afaik...
though there isn't really many people who target BD and victimise them it's a case of;

BD are not really welcome anywhere;

CA is red. NC does not want BD.
FA is red. TH does not want BD.
TG is red. TG does not want BD.
CM is red. MB does not want BD.
They're just neglected :p

Jesterthegreat
05-11-03, 17:08
i would be tempted to get Chicken Legs! over to BD... but i dont think i have the sympathy (and hes in a TG clan :p)

but TG sucks. its my brothers pvp char, in Uranus TG has all the powerful allies / neutrals. only CA has any hope of giving us a decent fight O_o

Junkie

‡ Stormlord ‡
05-11-03, 17:08
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
CA is red. NC does not want BD.
FA is red. TH does not want BD.
TG is red. TG does not want BD.
CM is red. MB does not want BD.
They're just neglected :p

Thats right, QD, but wouldnt that be a challenge to try to defeat others by ONE faction? Do players always really need alliances? Just as the storyline said: ...BD should be the society of the societies...

Honestly, I did hope any big clan would move to BD, but no... crahn... fallenangels... tsunamis... twilight guardians... all got there fast alliances...

Jesterthegreat
05-11-03, 17:10
if i was high in TG clan i would get all to move... :p

what are they to TS? enemies right? i wanna be enemies... syncz + uTs are worth fightin

QuantumDelta
05-11-03, 17:11
They're enemies to every single major clan on uranus except syndicate.

Jesterthegreat
05-11-03, 17:18
damn... was lookin forward to shootin sYn :p

ah well... i still got op zones ^.^

j/k sYn peeps, i know alot of peeps in there - nothin against em

i just want a char that can PvP to the max! QD did you see my spy setup mark2?

oh and YOUR spy setup you sent me included a filter 2 (48CON req?) and only 38 CON :p

‡ Stormlord ‡
05-11-03, 17:20
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
what are they to TS? enemies right? i wanna be enemies... syncz + uTs are worth fightin

Well, since the sYn is fighting against Synchros, uTs and SSC, the most and best members of BD moved to sYn. Thats a fact. And maybe you like ALL others will join the winners team and not the whiners one... Second fact. All are really moving out...

Jesterthegreat
05-11-03, 17:21
well i left sYn (read: kicked out :p)

so ya never know, maybe ill go BD someday

QuantumDelta
05-11-03, 17:22
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
damn... was lookin forward to shootin sYn :p

ah well... i still got op zones ^.^

j/k sYn peeps, i know alot of peeps in there - nothin against em

i just want a char that can PvP to the max! QD did you see my spy setup mark2?

oh and YOUR spy setup you sent me included a filter 2 (48CON req?) and only 38 CON :p
FH2 Req = CON 43.

Spy CON = 40.
MOVEON = 43.
FH2 = 38.
For your CON to be at 38, means the bonuses are working from the FH2, Naturally, otherwise you would still have 43 CON.

ericdraven
05-11-03, 17:24
Are you sure QD?

I tried it with my monk without MOVEON, didn't work.
I could implant the FH2, the CON got decreased to 40, the FH2 turned red (and thus inactive).
So you need CON48 to use the FH2...

/EDIT: My PPU uses the MOVEON, and is also able to use the FH2. My APU not..

Scikar
05-11-03, 17:24
FH2 - the paradox imp. :p

Jesterthegreat
05-11-03, 17:34
as soon as the effects kick in you lose the imp...

you must live on drugs for it :p

and BTW there is no item restriction on that char planner - so just cos it seems to work means nothing. i made a PE with holy shelter / heavy NRG belt / spy PA4 / all MC5 / filter2 / etc etc

nice resists... ^.^

but not posible

Scikar
05-11-03, 17:43
It depends Junkie. I think it's a case of it's working in a cycle. You get the 43 con req and the imp activates, granting you the resist bonuses, but also the con negative. The imp then deactivates because of this negative. However the negative is also then removed, so it's active again. Depending on how the game interprets this cycle, decides whether or not the bonuses from the imp are granted. Thus, it's the paradox imp. :)

ezza
05-11-03, 17:47
i used to have filter 2 in my monk, but it would only activate when it seemed to feel like it, though im sure there was a loogical reason as to why it worked some of the time and not other times:D

oh and isnt this the blackdragon discussion not the filter 2 thread;)

ericdraven
05-11-03, 17:48
Originally posted by Scikar
It depends Junkie. I think it's a case of it's working in a cycle. You get the 43 con req and the imp activates, granting you the resist bonuses, but also the con negative. The imp then deactivates because of this negative. However the negative is also then removed, so it's active again. Depending on how the game interprets this cycle, decides whether or not the bonuses from the imp are granted. Thus, it's the paradox imp. :)
Lol, true.. but the heart stays red (inactive) when you look at it after you implanted it.. but i have to admit i did not check the resists... :)

/EDIT: Sorry Calvin for hijacking your thread. :p

‡ Stormlord ‡
05-11-03, 17:56
I am really praying that one day the Dragon will arise... :(

ericdraven
05-11-03, 18:28
Originally posted by ‡ Stormlord ‡
Feed him and he might arise.

ezza
05-11-03, 18:29
Originally posted by ‡ Stormlord ‡

people will realise that black dragon are the coolest faction to be in sooner or later;)

REMUS
05-11-03, 18:38
wooooot, what about the dope smugglerz, u see me regularly storm!!!!

remember squishling? :(

i agree that BD have been neglected KK havnt thought about them at all, they have concentrated on CA + TG + DOY

Dribble Joy
05-11-03, 18:40
BD are far from dead, look at BT, proto, and CM.
Cartel and the DS are keeping the dragon fed methinks.

evs
05-11-03, 18:48
whats the best faction to start as on uranus for a noob?
just out of interest?

i.e dunno anyone, so need to be able to gr to a couple of faction held levelling places

Dribble Joy
05-11-03, 18:52
Either Crahn (sYn), FA (SSC) or TS (syncronizers) I think.
Don't join CM, we suxx0r.

Kr3Yc3K
05-11-03, 19:15
who cares damnit