PDA

View Full Version : Gen Rep lockout and the negative effects they are having

WebShock
05-11-03, 09:54
I play on Saturn.

As you know, Twilight Guardian owns the entire East Coast of the world. That means that the entire Fire mob land is pretty much locked out if you are Pro-City.

Here's what really irks me. The Tangent epic calls for you to go to Catlock bay. Not only is your NPC contact right next to 2 TG guards that will shoot you while you try to talk to him, but also, how the hell are you supposed to get to catlock bay if all gene reps are locked out?

The only neutral Gene rep in the area is Twilight Guardian.

So if you were anti-city at one point you might be lucky to have that gr. But wait, you arent anti-city anymore! So... you're pretty much running into the lions den and are guranteed to get PK'ed. (I'm sure this invites the good old lame reponse, well f0ok man, put in your LE. LOL WHAT IF YOU ARE IN A CLAN?)

Point being, put in Neutral gene reps already or disable the lockout system until the neutral reps are ready to be put in game.

BTW, not everyone has driving skill... So that pretty much kills the, jump on a hovertec response. We need a solution for everyone. Thats what epics are for.

Wannabe
05-11-03, 09:59
In my opinion, the gr lockout brought back the good usage of vehicles. Even if you think you'd gimp yourself, consider that my apu (DEX 25 currently) has vhc 37 and rest in agility, meaning I can taxi with reveler and go solo on a hovertec.

Catlock bay is quite near so you can either walk there or get a ride there. For the TG guards, why don't you kill em first and then talk to the NPC :)

// Wannabe

[EDIT: fixed typo]

ericdraven
05-11-03, 10:00
Well if you are not willing to spend those few points into VHC then you should suffer accordingly. :p

(and this part of the TT epic was no problem for me, and i am only a mid-level APU so far...)

maver!ck
05-11-03, 10:28
Especially if you are clanned there should be a way. And this is, what this game is about - interaction. Find a driver, or find a PPU and you will make it.

The Biotech epic takes you to acient loba village. My trade skiller (combat rank 7) asked a PPU and I managed to get there and kill the necessary mobs.

Crest
05-11-03, 10:41
Originally posted by WebShock
I play on Saturn.

As you know, Twilight Guardian owns the entire East Coast of the world. That means that the entire Fire mob land is pretty much locked out if you are Pro-City.

Wrong ... I am a TT so I know about this... In top right corner is some oasis place, and guess what ..... there is a GR there that is on neutral territory.... Its like el farid, you GR out crouching and wham there you are, 1 Sector south of that is the heart of fire mob country. From this point 1 south or west are 2 ops.... I am surprised no one attacks these as you can get there

Here's what really irks me. The Tangent epic calls for you to go to Catlock bay. Not only is your NPC contact right next to 2 TG guards that will shoot you while you try to talk to him, but also, how the hell are you supposed to get to catlock bay if all gene reps are locked out?

Again I have done the epics many times, and ran clan through them about 6 times from gab mine accross.
For me the path in has more danger than the talking. Something I have noticed here for all you TT's. When speaking to the NPC the guards dont seem to be able to do damage to you, Mebbe I am wrong on this though, but they have shot at me never hurting me when talking to the guy. Then Run around the corner and guards wont follow you.
If you know the epic then you know the NPC will also attack you when talking to him

The only neutral Gene rep in the area is Twilight Guardian.

If you Fact symp is above 0, and you have LE in the TG is a viable option to GR to. Guards will shout out warnings, and then attack and TG's cant tougch you

I agree not being able to get most places east side, like MC5 is pretty crappy, but I still do them. Instead of a complaining post, why not get some of the other faction members together .... merge the smaller clans and take the ops you need

Yalson
05-11-03, 10:46
I play on Saturn.

use escador oasis

or ask the OP owner to open the GR for you. I managed to get a GR opened temporarily last night which was owned by an enemy clan. without any hassle whatsoever.

Original monk
05-11-03, 10:58
stupid vehicules, i never liked em and never will, stupid crashes and repping and all those timesinks for what ? dont think ya go so much faster with a vehicule, and if you arrive then theres a big possibility that some noob blew up youre vehicule with an even stupider vehiculegun ....

Open up the genreps back the way they where, we all pay for this whole game and it aint cool that you gotta walk 8 zones to get in mc5 for example, my TG char is a warbot hunter and i cant go hunt warbots cause the genreps are closed, and my TT tank cant go hunt firemobs cause the genreps are closed, stupid genreprules :/

If i had this game for a week or sumthing and i knew they where genreprules it wouldnt take long before i QUITTED, when im really in the mood to go hunt wb and i gotta walk 8 zones before i meet my first WB i can assure you that my good mood wont last long, certainly if ya have shitdrops after walking 3 hours in the waste shitting youre time for nothing, buy a vehicule ? and go from ASG to ASG ? like there are that many :/

Wonna come hunting ? Wonna come walking ya mean :/

IceStorm
05-11-03, 11:12
stupid crashes and repping and all those timesinks for what
I used to think that, but I've been using my Reveler, hovertec, and even the blue bike, and I didn't crash once in the past week of use.

when im really in the mood to go hunt wb and i gotta walk 8 zones before i meet my first WB
Why are you going eight zones to get to Warbots? There are Warbots two zones away from Tech Haven's north exit (south if you're inside TH). They're in the Gabanium Mine op sector...

ericdraven
05-11-03, 11:15
I actually like driving. Contrary to my APU on Uranus i put 25 points into VHC on Saturn and i have to say it's fun.

I GR to the ASG at TH and drive eastward to hunt firemobs. But on the way i pass thru WB zones, so i take on them as well (altho i can't hack, but wtf, i still need tons of XP :)), then i cross the zones with the 0815 firemobs (called Decayed Brutes/Horror), take on them and then finally i arrive at my final destination.

That's big fun IMO. The only thing which sucks - if you die you can't GR back to the same zone (usually). But.. actually.. it's not that bad, i am MUCH more careful now and did not die yet while hunting.. so all in all.. i like those GR changes.

Gotterdammerung
05-11-03, 11:46
The other night i got my hoverbike at the city gates and timed myself. Not even taking a direct route, going south to north takes mere seconds to cross a zone, diagonally corner to corner somewhat longer and if i fart around it takes a whole min or slightly more.

Nonstop fron the city gates to the military base front door was appx 10 min.

Perhaps if you invest 25 points (remember, only 12 to use a chainbike) you will make the game more enjoyable. You may not be able to Pwn 100% of the time with the loss of those 12 points, but it's not like anyone engages in pvp 24/7.

Try a vehicle next time, if you don't avail yourself of them then reakktor really can't be blamed can they?

BlackDove
05-11-03, 11:52
Oh yeah it's 10 minutes. And it's 10 fatals through those zones, since the servers are so grand, nobody can synch good enough to zone twice without crashing to desk. Then again we can't all be next to Germany, can we?

I love the hoverbike, it rocks at speed and the fun of driving, but what's the fucking point if I'm going to crash every 2 minutes while zoning.

Scikar
05-11-03, 11:58
How about instead of look at the negatives, look at the positives. Open up your map again. Who owns the area around MB? CM. Who owns the area around NC? TT and CA. Who owns the area around TG? TG. What's wrong with that? If GRs are unlocked again then OPs will degenerate back into ninja hacking all over again. TGs can't go hunting WBs any easier than CM can hunt fire mobs, do we complain?

WBs are the best mob in the game XP wise. The only fire mobs which are actually worth hunting solo are Doom Reapers and Terror Maulers. Killing a Grim solo is a stupid waste of time because the tech part drop rate is the same, the XP is only marginally higher, yet it takes 10x longer to kill and can easily kill you. Whereas WBs fall into the same level as Doomies. You can kill WB after WB after WB without worrying about a 120/120 mob spawning and wasting you, you get a good drop rate if you can hack, and overall the XP is fantastic, much better than fire mobs are.

The GR changes mean each faction now gets their territory. The canyons are supposed to be TG territory, people used to complain that they got killed at Cycrow, now they complain that they can't get there at all, they never even stop and realise they're saying it's their right to level on the doorstop of their enemy's HQ. Fire mobs and canyon caves are not the be all and end all of PvM, and as long as you can't see that you have no real argument to change the GR system.

I refuse to sacrifice OP wars just because some people can't be bothered to find somewhere to hunt for themselves.

massic
05-11-03, 11:59
i ran from the gates of NC to catlock bay in about 10 minutes or less when i did my TT epic last week.

Wasn't that bad plus you can get up the ladder to the tower and talk to the guy without the TG guards even seeing you.

My route was NC gate to Mcpherson then to ceres once you're about halfway to grant head due north to catlock. I had to dodge a couple Y Reps but other than that it was no trouble at all.

Lanigav
05-11-03, 12:07
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
The other night i got my hoverbike at the city gates and timed myself. Not even taking a direct route, going south to north takes mere seconds to cross a zone, diagonally corner to corner somewhat longer and if i fart around it takes a whole min or slightly more.

Nonstop fron the city gates to the military base front door was appx 10 min.

Perhaps if you invest 25 points (remember, only 12 to use a chainbike) you will make the game more enjoyable. You may not be able to Pwn 100% of the time with the loss of those 12 points, but it's not like anyone engages in pvp 24/7.

Try a vehicle next time, if you don't avail yourself of them then reakktor really can't be blamed can they?

That's all fine and dandy if you're lucky enough to not get a sync error EVERY time you zone in the outworld. What good is a vehicle if you get a sync error which lands you in the middle of a zone (often with unfriendly monsters nearby) and your car magically disappears or is at the opposite end of the zone?

For those of us who get a shitload of sync errors thanks to NC's dodgy net code (or whatever it is that causes it), travelling after the locked GRs were implimented IS PURE HELL, vehicle or no vehicle.

It took me a solid hour and a half just to get to El Farid in order to do one of the NEXT epic missions, even with a vehcile, thanks to sync errors and dying as a result of them. That's bullshit.

Oath
05-11-03, 12:15
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
Pwn 100% of the time

OMFG 1337 j00 pwn !!!!!!111111111111oeneoneoenenone

heh, to be honest my tank runs faster than the speedbike, wether thats due to FPS realtion to speed (if that exists anymore) or im just so uber (not hard to kick my ass anymore heh)

Locked GR's have their advantages, but smaller clans and unclanned runnersare suffering i know several people who cancelled their accounts cos o them heh.

Crest
05-11-03, 12:44
If you dont like the GR setup, why not change it.... Get a few friends and take the op....Get allies and hold the op.... That way its yours....

Have fun

maver!ck
05-11-03, 13:16
If it was that easy, why don't City Admin, Tsunami, Crahn, Fallen Angels, Black Dragon, etc. own OPs on Saturn, though they have big clans in the faction?

Original monk
05-11-03, 13:51
Originally posted by Scikar
I refuse to sacrifice OP wars just because some people can't be bothered to find somewhere to hunt for themselves.

SO when you open up the genreps you sacrifise OP wars ?

And hows that ?

Fake ass genreprules, ow cant we yust turn time back to before all those annoying patches with all them rules made up to make more timesinks ? Or are those genreprules invented to balance the game ?

good example: chaoscaves is the best way to gain xp here in neocron: now with the genreprules a pro-city-admin cant go level there :/ so you have a game, a good cave, but they wont let you use the good cave :/ why ? so they dont sacrifice OP wars ? ....

Dont go leveling in front of our HQ, LOL like 90% of the TG's leveld there char in the aggysewer :/ and dont go nagging: when doy comes there wont be any anticityfactions in the city, cause ive been playing retail for a year now and i still see ALL anti-city's in the city so thats bull...

Genreprules stink and are only made to keep us playing (walkin around) longer, is walking around the wastelands considered hi-level content or so ?

MAYBE when all noobs left because they cant go anywhere in this enormous game, maybe then they will get it, genreprules are one off the mainreasons that are poisoning this game, togheter with fucked up rares, fucked up classes, no real hilevel content, and a "mammy i wonna nerf all classes better then mine" community attitude, this community doesnt wonna advance, they wonna restrict so we gonna end up back in the middle-ages ....

The word says it itself: genreprestrictions: nerf, restrict, kill

until theres nothing to nerf or restrict anymore :/

Spoon
05-11-03, 18:54

GR rules aside....

Just get someone with a Rhino to drive you up there, park the Rhino between Gueber and the TG guard(although, I've run past Catlock more than a few times on Saturn in the last few days, and there was no TG guard spawned there, then talk to Gueber.
Also, he'll try to kill you once the diailogue is almost through, you don't need to kill him, tho.
Just leave, and have the Rhino driver take you to Blackmist Garbage Dump, bring along some Power Booze Gold(I think it's PowerBooze Gold)...

Scikar
05-11-03, 19:05
Originally posted by maver!ck
If it was that easy, why don't City Admin, Tsunami, Crahn, Fallen Angels, Black Dragon, etc. own OPs on Saturn, though they have big clans in the faction?

CityAdmin don't because despite large clans the clans are most made up of low level runners (who are too low to level at CRP anyway I might add), also CA can use CM and TT OPs, Tsunami have only LoD, and they already level at CRP and can GR to most places, so no need for them to take an OP, FA can go to any TG area so again no need, Crahn likewise, and Black Dragon have so many enemies and so few members it's impossible for them to hold an OP.

Despite this, TT, CM, and CA banded together are very tough for TG to take on (especially with spies listening to TG faction chat) which is why they won last night at Krupp, and that alliance has taken all of the OPs from the NC gate to even Cycrow. If it wasn't for the fact they can't organise a defence like they can an offense Cycrow would still be held by a CA clan.

Original, if you remove the GR rules, we'll go back to OP fights where the attacking clan GRs straight into the OP they want to take and camps it. This means only the owning clan can GR in to defend an OP, because their allies have to go through that same GR which is being camped. This means the defending clan are on their own and will probably lose. It also means millions of ninja hacks again because it takes no effort whatsoever to GR to an OP, hack, GR out, whereas currently it takes actual effort to get to the OP which discourages 95% of ninja hackers.

CRP caves are far from the best place in the game to level, they are good in a team, but so are the swamp caves, and the bat caves, and the graves, and if you're a monk the worm tunnels too. Not to mention WBs are much better than fire mobs to hunt. Remember, nobody hunts at CRP caves without crying for a PPU first, so why don't they realise that they can do swamp caves, bat caves, and graves, and all they need is antipoison sanctum, or holy antidote? With those you can level in the swamp/bat/graves without ever dying once, which means much more XP, but does anyone ever bother? No, because their mates told them CRP is the only place to level and they can't be arsed to find out for themselves.

maver!ck
05-11-03, 19:24
yeah, I fully agree. Still the map could be more colorful.

Scikar
05-11-03, 19:39
Well, I think Clan Alliances could be used to help fix this. The problem with holding an OP when you're a small clan in say Crahn is that the OP is lost all too easily, even if you do get in contact with an allied clan if they're not in the same faction there's communication troubles. What we need is:

First off clan alliances. Any clan you're allied to you put in the allies list. There are 3 lists (explanation in a sec).

If an OP you own is attacked, a message is sent to every clan on your allies list, not just your clan.

When it comes to communication, you have Allies 1, 2 and 3. The reason for this is that sometimes you will want to talk to one allied clan but not another, so you can put them on separate lists and still be allies/talk to them when you need to. Selecting allies chat will show in the hypercom window the clans which will receive your messages, to avoid confusion.

This way, small clans can still hold OPs, and their allies can help defend them even when the small clan has nobody online. This would mean OPs for more of the factions.

maver!ck
05-11-03, 19:52
good ideas. But wouldln't it be enough if - erhhhh - Templars changed to City Admin, New Dawn to Biotech, protectors to Proto Pharma, 101st to Crahn, etc. etc .:)

Scikar
05-11-03, 19:53
But then TT, TG and CM would hold no OPs and we'd be feeling sorry for them instead. ;)

maver!ck
05-11-03, 19:56
well, at least it would mean a change.... and there is still erhhh - FLR, AfterDark, Asen, XTC, those 12.12 or any others holding ops :)

Lecko
05-11-03, 20:01
I think everyone should have the ability to warp around instantaneously whenever they want with no penalty and be wrapped in cotton wool so they don't get damaged and all weapons should do no damage to anyone anyway and we should all be allied with each other and the mobs and have big hugs. :rolleyes:

Or, the game could stay challenging. :D It's a bit of fun trying to get past the DoY bots for the biotech epic - you have to use cunning. You can't expect everyone to be 2 seconds from a hunting ground surely? :confused:

trigger hurt
05-11-03, 20:10
It feels like I say this every friggin day now.

- City factions have the best low level areas for new chars to level. The are easily accessible by city factions. If an anti-city char wants to level these areas, they have to work to get there.

- Anti-City/Wasteland factions have the best mid/high level areas. We have to work our asses off, spending alot of time getting repoked or hiding from the uber mob that is just outside our doorstep. If you want to level here, you have to work for it.

- As a low-level/mid-level char, the caves and firemobs are great xp, as long as you have a ppu to rez you and buff you when you die. It's especially helpful when you have others in the team who are your level, you will gain tons of xp. But when you are a higher level, the xp in caves is a joke. Simply because the only people that go there are low-level/mid-level chars.

City factions cannot hold outposts because they are too busy arguing amonst themselves and killing their own.

As far as I know, LoD is no longer welcome in TG territory. They seem to have issues with going back on their NAPs they set and attempting to hack away TG ops. Even with the size of their clan, they can't call for support from TT, CM or CA because they have been known to assist the enemies of these factions.

Scikar
05-11-03, 20:18
LoD aren't welcome but that doesn't stop them levelling at CRP.

Promethius
05-11-03, 20:30
Well i don't think it was meant to be easy...

ALso I kno this can cause problems for noobers. SO i would suggest 2 or so neutral GRs in the middle of no wear...but I'm not sure But whoever owns the surrounding land can put up a tax on it. like a range from 0 - 20k

-Prom

Scikar
05-11-03, 20:33
How about Crest Village and El Farid? ;)

VetteroX
05-11-03, 20:35
i dont like locked grs. its not fair to say "invest in vehcile use" Its all fine and dandy if your a tank, my tank has 25 vehcile and over 105 agility, forgot exact number, but a pe or spy CAN NOT afford the points. Now, a bunch of people will say "my pe and spy does" but guess what? i bet they suck. Ive NEVER met a GOOD pe or spy who could drive a hover. never. becasue they know, EVERY point counts, and it MUST go into agility and pc/rifle and maybe tech. If weapons rof wasnt so had to get high maybe this wouldnt be so, but under the current system it is.

Its also hard fo r monks. My apu now has 21 agility... so with the lowest cloak on have thake 77 agility, woith all dex in agil. 70 btw, is the lowest number acceptable in agil, below this and you will move like a slug. Now, i have 14 levels left, which is 70 points, but a lot more is going into agil, and by the time i have enough in agility and can do the 25 vehcile, it wont matter for leveling because ill be capped psi by then.

A few more free grs MUST be added, as many mentioned, desert racetrack for instance. My tank can run fast as hell... is it a pain running from escador to mc5? YES, IT IS. ITS A BORING WASTE OF TIME AND I DONT LIKE IT. so even running 3 zones is a pain in the ass to me any many others. The game is made to make money, and therefore must be fun. There are a vast number of people who arent good, and arent in clans, and cant run fast or gr anywhere and cant afford a vehcile again after people (often me) kill them and blow it up. and they get fed up because they dont wanna run 6 or 7 zones to level again, and quit. and the solution isnt for people to stop shooting hostile factions, its for KK to put in more grs. Going to level shouldnt be a hassle, it should be fun.

Theres a diff between a challenge and pain in the ass. pvp vs other good players is a challenge. soloing a 120/120 is a challenge. running 6 zones or bad tech part drop isnt a challenge, its a pain in the ass, it pisses people off, and it stops them from playing. Getting more customers and making people want to play is an important issue atm.

Scikar
05-11-03, 20:39
If you're really that bothered, then only put 12 points in and use a V.1 ChainCraft. I'm sorry, but you choose to either sacrifice a little RoF on your weapons or a little speed in order to get around more easily. You have the advantage of slightly higher RoF, they have the advantage of being able to get where they want to go. I thought you said people should have to work for things themselves, not expect the game to change to make it easier or for other people to do the work for them?

KimmyG
05-11-03, 20:54
"As you know, Twilight Guardian owns the entire East Coast of the world. That means that the entire Fire mob land is pretty much locked out if you are Pro-City."

OK is it that hard to run accross 6 zones max to get to fire mobs?

"Here's what really irks me. The Tangent epic calls for you to go to Catlock bay. Not only is your NPC contact right next to 2 TG guards that will shoot you while you try to talk to him, but also, how the hell are you supposed to get to catlock bay if all gene reps are locked out?"

How bout spawning the guy right next to the contact guy to make it real easy? Its a joke to get to and talk to the guy why does everyone have such a problem with a small challendge?

"The only neutral Gene rep in the area is Twilight Guardian."

Um crest villiage and el fadrid. From these zones its 3-6 zones to get to the good fire mob spawns.

WebShock
05-11-03, 21:29
point being... you make the game inconvinient people wont play.

fuckin period. the fanboys will put up with the bullshit but others wont.

if it aint fun i wont play. fuckin period. then kk wonders why there are only 350 ppl online during peak hours.

lol any other mmorpg 350 would be whats in a city at a time.

put in the neutral gr's and be done with it. thats all im saying. that was supposed to happen a while ago.

Clownst0pper
05-11-03, 21:42
2 words.

Idle Bastards

KimmyG
05-11-03, 21:45

if it aint fun i wont play. fuckin period. then kk wonders why there are only 350 ppl online during peak hours.

put in the neutral gr's and be done with it. thats all im saying. that was supposed to happen a while ago.

Hmm no I know not

SB larger population - You die hunting Long long long walk no vehical and if you ndont have a runspeed person ur going really slow. Suer as hell better hope you have a summoner there or it could be a good 15 mins before you get back there.

DaoC - I you mid to high lvl good bye a chunk of exp and say hello to a very long walk back some time it can take 20 mins to get back to lvlin.

UO die in a dungeon run and find a healer and that can be a long walk then attempt top go get your corpse if it hasn;t decayed or is in a place that is impossible to get without equipment. If you cant get your corspe time to wander teh wild looking for regents to recall to your house or a bank requip and set up then recall back.

All these game have a hell of a lot more players that put up with a hell of a lot more than a 5 min return.

Neocron is a joke.

I seriously think this game is full of single player pros that to get good shit and a good char and win the game they typed in a few cheats to do so. Neocron is the eaiest mmorpg on the planet all the high end shit, is a joke lvlin is a joke, and dieing and returning is a joke.

Spoon
05-11-03, 21:48
Originally posted by KimmyG

Um crest villiage and el fadrid. From these zones its 3-6 zones to get to the good fire mob spawns.

One note on the El Farid GR, it's bugged on retail.
And if you haven't tagged it previously, then you can't use it.
Because at the moment you can't tag it, you get the "You can not reach that" error, when trying to activate it.....

Just thought I'd mention that....

Clownst0pper
05-11-03, 21:48
I seriously think this game is full of single player pros that to get good shit and a good char and win the game they typed in a few cheats to do so. Neocron is the eaiest mmorpg on the planet all the high end shit, is a joke lvlin is a joke, and dieing and returning is a joke

I have played all the MMORPGs you have mentioned, DAOC, hmm, takes forever to get from the southern reaches like galplen to the highest points, IE PVP territory, and the horses are gay

I agree high end shit is piss to get on Neocron, but its ignorant of you to say such bollox, LvLing is stupidly easy on neocron, and the death penalty is next to nothing, stop being ignorant. Ill say it again.

IDLE BASTARDS

Scikar
05-11-03, 21:49

I got killed by a WB! It was inconvenient, so I'm quitting. Bye all. :(

Clownst0pper
05-11-03, 21:51
I got killed by a WB! It was inconvenient, so I'm quitting. Bye all

QUICK MODS, BAN HIM, ITS HIS LEAVING THREAD OMG!!!!!111111oneoneoneineinwoneennqowq..........

msdong
05-11-03, 22:25
simple some honest words.
there a a few ways to change you GR situation:

a: you are so leet with you setup to be the uber killer? then go out and grap an OP so you can GR there.
b: get some points in VHC. constant crashes on zone lines indicate that u HD is most likely slow and/or need a defrag.
c: join the winning team. its only 300k away and you still cant use all the GR out there because they are set to clan.

thats possibilitys of the game now. i dont even talk of VW or driver service or walkin...

VetteroX
05-11-03, 23:10
sciklar, i pointed out the diff between challenge and annoyance. your opinion is comming from being in a large clan and you can gr around. KK can at least add more public grs, they need to put one in desert racetrack, end of story.

Scikar
05-11-03, 23:28
Originally posted by VetteroX
sciklar, i pointed out the diff between challenge and annoyance. your opinion is comming from being in a large clan and you can gr around. KK can at least add more public grs, they need to put one in desert racetrack, end of story.

So basically what you're saying is you can work out a fantastic con setup which allows you to take 3 clips of CS and still live, yet you can't figure a way to free up just 12 points in dex? 1 point of agility and 2 less pistol combat? Can you seriously not live without them?

Promethius
05-11-03, 23:31
So basically what you're saying is you can work out a fantastic con setup which allows you to take 3 clips of CS and still live, yet you can't figure a way to free up just 12 points in dex? 1 point of agility and 2 less pistol combat? Can you seriously not live without them?

lol Vehicles are for pussys. :D All you need is some nice athletics adn agil and 20 stamina boosters. (you'd be surprised hwo far u get ina quick ammount of time)

[Edit: Its wat we did for Op wars when i was still around.]

Scikar
05-11-03, 23:43
Originally posted by Promethius
lol Vehicles are for pussys. :D All you need is some nice athletics adn agil and 20 stamina boosters. (you'd be surprised hwo far u get ina quick ammount of time)

[Edit: Its wat we did for Op wars when i was still around.]

Same here, I often run to places instead of taking the GR, I just like to know where I am, it's surprising how useful it becomes when you have a fight at say Cycrow and you get chased away, and you need to run somewhere safe, and because you know your way around you can use all the shortcuts and the hiding places and never run into a dead end. I guess some people just like to have everything served up on a platter with a side dish of synap.

Promethius
05-11-03, 23:45
Same here, I often run to places instead of taking the GR, I just like to know where I am, it's surprising how useful it becomes when you have a fight at say Cycrow and you get chased away, and you need to run somewhere safe, and because you know your way around you can use all the shortcuts and the hiding places and never run into a dead end. I guess some people just like to have everything served up on a platter with a side dish of synap.

Exactly. Theres always a few paths i like to keep in mind when theres an OP fight around. Like a certain ditch that leads somewhere. FUn when u duck behind a Ditch then come up behind em all =)

//Ring\\
06-11-03, 16:53
u know the gr locking thing has its good sides and its bad sides

i think that there should be a neutral gr every few zones to make the walking less tedious but still make people use vehicles

it would be great if people used vehicles for op wars like they did in beta, but i think vhcs arent that good in op fights these days i wouldnt know since i havent been in one since like march so..

let me tell ya, the whole war thingie is a lot more fun when ur using tanks, and now with aircraft it will make it more interesting, u can take off and have an organized attack trough teamspeak or something where theres a group coming in with rhinos and apcs carrying the tanks and monkeys then the aircraft do sweeping runs and bomb from above

then of course the enemy would react and send in their own fliers to intercept them along with the ground team, then vhc skill could be something u can specialize at, just like hacking or constr or res, and it would give vehicles a much better use then they have right now
thats just my 2 cents, i always liked the op wars being like it would be irl dunno about KKs vision for it.. of course if u preffer watching bugged turrets mow down anything that gets too near hopelessly go ahead :p

SypH
06-11-03, 17:51
"Waaaaaah waah waaah! They're making me work in this game rather than get everything instantly like I want! Waaaaaah!"

Thats what you sound like. Running across the map is not hard. I have ran 6 noob characters (ranging from 0/2 to 12/20) across the map from NC to TH to TG to MB without dying once and if you actually use your map and plan your route it aint that long.

I prefer to run rather than GR (unless its like from one end of the map to another....then I gr to the nearest public GR and run) At least if I'm not GRing directly to were I want to go I have some time to let SI wear off so I can be ready. It means I also learn my way about.

Promethius
06-11-03, 20:41
Originally posted by //Ring\\
u know the gr locking thing has its good sides and its bad sides

i think that there should be a neutral gr every few zones to make the walking less tedious but still make people use vehicles

Well that sort of defeats the purpose of the locked GRs.

//Ring\\
07-11-03, 00:07
no not THAT close like for example

have a public GR at strategic places, for example lets say.. one near the NC gate (crest village is already there) another around the sieger and regant uplinks, another one up near the desert racetrack and one stuck in that area between tg TH and ceres mine

that way its fairly close to the main areas but still far away enough to have people walk around with their vehicles and like not right next to an op
another idea would be to raise the prize for a public gr a bit but im not up for that.. its already lame going from the 500 nc taht was paid wherever u wanted to gr to all the way to 5k to get from here to escador 0.o

Promethius
07-11-03, 00:22
Originally posted by //Ring\\
no not THAT close like for example

have a public GR at strategic places, for example lets say.. one near the NC gate (crest village is already there) another around the sieger and regant uplinks, another one up near the desert racetrack and one stuck in that area between tg TH and ceres mine

that way its fairly close to the main areas but still far away enough to have people walk around with their vehicles and like not right next to an op
another idea would be to raise the prize for a public gr a bit but im not up for that.. its already lame going from the 500 nc taht was paid wherever u wanted to gr to all the way to 5k to get from here to escador 0.o

actually now that i rethink it. I think they should just have one Nuetral GR in the north east part of the world. Eveyrwhere is has a nuetral on such as MB tech haven...tg. Also i think they should put alot more vehicle depots around...maybe one at every OP or soemthing??

//Ring\\
07-11-03, 00:31
an asg at every op?

that would lag a lot :P

maybe just one near every neutral gr ;)

Viduus[JBX]
07-11-03, 01:09
From the original post:

Strange, I managed to do it without dying...
All I needed was my trusty hovertek... :}

Nasher
07-11-03, 01:13
Use the venture warp, maybe it will get you near where you want to go :p

More genreps make the world smaller, might aswell just remove all the wasteland zones in between and link all the zones with genreps together :/

Shadow Dancer
07-11-03, 01:15
The point, which 99% of the "pro gr lock" people are missing, is that KK promised more GRs and ASGs with the change. THEY PROMISED IT AND DIDN'T DELIVER. CASE CLOSED!

ericdraven
07-11-03, 01:17
Yes, as they originally promised DoY for november 2002.. so what? That's KK. Deal with it (tm).

Shadow Dancer
07-11-03, 01:28
Originally posted by ericdraven
Yes, as they originally promised DoY for november 2002.. so what? That's KK. Deal with it (tm).

Thanks for missing the point as usual.

:rolleyes:

ericdraven
07-11-03, 01:30
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Thanks for missing the point as usual.

you're a good teacher...

Shadow Dancer
07-11-03, 01:30
It's not my job to teach the obvious...

ericdraven
07-11-03, 01:32
Don't spam please....

Shadow Dancer
07-11-03, 01:33
Not spamming, just responding to you...

ericdraven
07-11-03, 01:37
I responded via PM..

Nasher
07-11-03, 02:00
Heres another pointless reply that doesnt really go anywhere :D

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

(Before the thread closed thing happens: "Now look what you guys did! you got the thread closed for spamming!!!")

greploco
07-11-03, 10:40
the wasteland is a lot more empty, that is FOR SURE. I just started playing again a couple weeks ago so my memories from before are very fresh.

I lommed some dex into vehicle and bought a hover to make it bearable, I've adjusted - but yes, I am a little slower.

yes - the tangent epic mission where you have to get out to catlock bay is a bit of a dirty trick.

Lanigav
07-11-03, 11:29
Originally posted by SypH
"Waaaaaah waah waaah! They're making me work in this game rather than get everything instantly like I want! Waaaaaah!"

Thats what you sound like. Running across the map is not hard. I have ran 6 noob characters (ranging from 0/2 to 12/20) across the map from NC to TH to TG to MB without dying once and if you actually use your map and plan your route it aint that long.

I prefer to run rather than GR (unless its like from one end of the map to another....then I gr to the nearest public GR and run) At least if I'm not GRing directly to were I want to go I have some time to let SI wear off so I can be ready. It means I also learn my way about.

Perhaps if I didn't crash and get sync errors everytime I zone, and then get killed beyond my control causing me to start over, then I wouldn't complain as much.

I recommend reading through the entire thread before you all us all lazy crybabies.

ichinin
07-11-03, 14:39
>Here's what really irks me. The Tangent epic calls for you to go to Catlock bay. Not only is your NPC contact right next to 2 TG guards that will shoot you while you try to talk to him, but also, how the hell are you supposed to get to catlock bay if all gene reps are locked out?

By running there, i've had my PE scout there by running to it 2 times because i knew the catlock bay mission was a bit "special".

>So if you were anti-city at one point you might be lucky to have that gr. But wait, you arent anti-city anymore! So... you're pretty much running into the lions den and are guranteed to get PK'ed.
(I'm sure this invites the good old lame reponse, well f0ok man, put in your LE. LOL

Correct.

> WHAT IF YOU ARE IN A CLAN?)

Exit, rejoin. If you are head of a clan you have already gone through the epic since it's a requirement.

> Point being, put in Neutral gene reps already or disable the lockout system until the neutral reps are ready to be put in game.

Yes, if they are neutral they shouldnt lock.

> BTW, not everyone has driving skill... So that pretty much kills the, jump on a hovertec response. We need a solution for everyone. Thats what epics are for.

Errm...Chaincraft? Vehicle chip 3 = 15 VHC + 2 points skill = 17 = sufficient.

WebShock
07-11-03, 22:37
who cares if other mmorpg dont have a GR system.

we are discussing nc not DoaC or any other one of thise midevil times shit rpg's

NC came with GR's and since I like to play with GR's.

Thats one of the biggest reasons why i dont play any of those timesink ridden rpg's. way to take this thread out of context

i could less that 2 fucks about other rpg's and how their travel system is worse. put in the neutral gr's like you originally said you would KK.

ktnx.

Seezur001
07-11-03, 22:50
Use a hovertec. Sooooo many people complaining about crashes, yes they do happen but not once every minute and if that is the case you need to do something to your computer becuase that has nothing to do with the servers.

I play probably 5-8 hours a day and in that time if i get 4 FRE's i consider that alot.

If they open GR's the OPs will be open to ninja hacking which is no fun for anyone, its a bigger timesink to get your clan together to goto your once owned OP thinking you might find resistance there to find nobody, re-hack, and defend because they might come back for it.

WebShock
07-11-03, 23:17
read the thread

i said install the neutral ones

Breschau
08-11-03, 15:46
Walking/running through the wasteland is rarely challenging once you've learned them. Pretty much the only times I die in the wasteland with *any* level of character is when I either a) get warped (across anywhere from half a zone to 3 zones) into a mass of enemies with no real escape, b) zone into a mass of enemies and die on the zoneline while still in sync, or c) the enemies don't appear til they're right on top of me (hoverbots love to do this). When zoning/syncing works ok and enemies appear soon as they're in sight, it's really quite easy to navigate around them. Time consuming, uninteresting, often with huge detours, but easy nonetheless.

Now, the problem is I get significantly more of those zoning errors when riding a hovertek than when on foot. Doing the placeholder epic, I don't think I managed to make the (repeated) journey from north to south without getting thrown a zone or two from my vehicle at least once. On the other hand, my newbie chars can run from MB to NC and rarely encounter such a problem (though it soaks up a good 30-40min of twiddling my thumbs while I watch my character autorun).

End result: I may as well stay on foot and keep the skillpoints in combat abilities, since either way it's boring and/or annoying.

A few more neutral genreps, as was promised, would be a good compromise.