PDA

View Full Version : Brainport: Make the dark areas darker

Rade
05-11-03, 00:02
So that its actually pitch black in alot of places you would like to
go. More flashlights and flashlight mods would be used, and we
could perhaps get a darkvision implant, or a darkvision helmet or
helmet mod if armor mods comes into play.

Opar
05-11-03, 00:06
Ewwww, darker? Imagine the crahn newbies coming leaving their apt, 'OMG? WTF? I MUS THAVE CRASHED!!! I HATE THIS GAME!!1ONEONE!!!11!!!ONEHUNDREDANDELEVEN!!11!!ONE!!1'

So no, soz >_<

Clownst0pper
05-11-03, 00:11
So that its actually pitch black in alot of places you would like to go. More flashlights and flashlight mods would be used, and we
could perhaps get a darkvision implant, or a darkvision helmet or
helmet mod if armor mods comes into play.

Completely agree Rade, in a wider sense generally the game has to make itself grittier and darker, what ever happend to sections such as Pepper Park 3, where it is evident the underworld is present, lets see it throughout NC, maybe its in DOY?

Judge
05-11-03, 00:46
YES!!

Imagine a fight in the pitch black, with only flashlight mods to guide your shots.

*drools*

I think that there should be some OPs underground.... then have them in pitch black. Rocking. :D

Pi-Oh-Pah
05-11-03, 00:50
Great idea - 5 stars

Shadow Dancer
05-11-03, 00:51
And give PPUs a light spell.

Rade
05-11-03, 01:17
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
And give PPUs a light spell.

[edited - Homophobic flaming]

Clownst0pper
05-11-03, 01:18
[Edited]

<afk laughing>

You read my mind rade :lol:

Artie
05-11-03, 01:19
Originally posted by Rade
[edited]

that's not nice. Actually, PPU's would be good for that. Something they're meant to do.

joran420
05-11-03, 01:33
heh just turn down your lighting in your options menu...then u can have it as dark as u want

Rade
05-11-03, 01:45
Originally posted by joran420
heh just turn down your lighting in your options menu...then u can have it as dark as u want

Nice to see that theres always someone that completely misses
the point.

Ascension
05-11-03, 02:31
At the halloween event i turned my gamma right down... and switched my flashlight on it is really effective and really works:)

Im all for the idea

Mr_Snow
05-11-03, 02:36
Nice idea, heard it suggested for for the chaos caves origionally which would rock and give a reason for the flashlight to be in my speedgun and judge.

Oh and that weird eye piece on spy pa could be infra red that would be cool too.

McEvoy
05-11-03, 02:41
DaRKER?! if you want it darker just mess with the contrast on your F11 .

mine is really dark and i dont see how i could get it any darker, also, even if they make it darker people can just F11 to make it lighter, so its just aswell you do it yourself :)

joran420
05-11-03, 02:50
dont miss the point rade ...just dont like the idea of having to use a flashlight...it has to be equiped which means u cant have a weapon and see....for u ppl with guns its no problem since u can always just mod a flashlight onto your weapons ....

NeoChick
05-11-03, 03:17
Quoting McEvoy
_____________________________-
DaRKER?! if you want it darker just mess with the contrast on your F11 .

mine is really dark and i dont see how i could get it any darker, also, even if they make it darker people can just F11 to make it lighter, so its just aswell you do it yourself

agree with you mc

I hate a dark screen, I want to see what I am doing and where I am going, and have my hands full changing weapon/spells and eating PSI Boosters, medkits etc

I really don't want to have to also need to use a freakin torch thank you very much

=Chojin=
05-11-03, 03:20
nice idea , but i dont think it would work if put into practise.

Ch0

QuantumDelta
05-11-03, 03:23
Originally posted by joran420
dont miss the point rade ...just dont like the idea of having to use a flashlight...it has to be equiped which means u cant have a weapon and see....for u ppl with guns its no problem since u can always just mod a flashlight onto your weapons .... Weapons can be modded with flashlights o_O

Mr_Snow
05-11-03, 03:23
I want a reason to use my torch on my gat cannon other then to make me an obvious and easy target.

joran420
05-11-03, 03:26
Weapons can be modded with flashlights

heh i think u just jokin QD...but if not QD = n00b

Rade
05-11-03, 03:42
The point is to have a few dungeons that are really dark, not the
entire neocron. Just so that we would get a few dungeonish
places that really feels that way. Also if you are in a team you
wouldnt necesarily need a flashlight yourself. I think it would add
a nice new dimension to the game. I hate when its too dark as
much as the next guy but I still think it would be damn neat to go
into some cave and having to use a flashlight and getting all
jumpy and stuff. Also as I said, some darkvision
gogles/imps/mods would be nice.

NeoChick
05-11-03, 03:57
Ah ok I get your point Rade, yes it is a good idea if you think of all the extra things we could get, perhaps with rares and have to build them or chips or something

Things like goggles etc, like you sometimes see in games where people get xray vision until power runs out etc so you have to be quick and so on

That is a good idea, and I also like the idea of the snow areas with new snow mobs

All of these ideas are probably not so hard or difficult to program and it would add so much to the game (but then I know absolutely nothing about programming)

Heavyporker
05-11-03, 04:46
one : spells cant be modded with flashlights.

two: soulclusters or barrels don't illuminate, only themsleves are visible.

three: many places undergrounds are already dark enough. Now, pepper park, a little bright, yes. Via Rosso's too damn bright, MOST ESPECIALLY THEIR DAMN APTS!

four: if there's to be a PSI Light (I heard there was one in beta), it'd have to be PSI/MST req only with fairly high mana. So it'd be accessible to APUs as well.

I don't care about "LOL onoz it dont hurt anything, its PPU!", I consider such things cantrips - something that any monk should be able to do, like any character can use a stiletto or something.

QuantumDelta
05-11-03, 04:58
There is was an EPU/PPU Spell that "lit up" the area :p

Shadow Dancer
05-11-03, 05:02
Cantrips. I like the sound of that Porker. Maybe PSR should be changed to "psi basics" or something like that. It could involve "small" spells or something that give basic advantages.

Heavyporker
05-11-03, 05:12
TL3 heal and perhaps basic resist/deflectors are cantrips in my eyes. Should only require PSI and MST, along with some mana. Thats it.

BlackDove
05-11-03, 05:16
UBER AJDIJA!!!!!

40$Poser
05-11-03, 05:16
an uber event where the power of neocron gets knocked out by DoY kamis :P

and where copbots malfunction and NC turns into a pk zone for a few hours :P

err uber flashlights!

amfest
05-11-03, 10:14
err how about in these dark areas . monks should need support from other classes to light up the area so they can attack also . . but to navigate the area .. they'd only need to bring out a flashlight . ..