PDA

View Full Version : Problem connecting to NC server via AOL - Help needed ASAP

DigestiveBiscui
04-11-03, 23:09
A friend of mine just got Neocron, and opened the launcher. I then told him the IP i have (62.140.29.54) and he tried to connect

everytime it fails, he has just installed neocron and has none of the patches yet, and is through AOL 56k

anyone know what is wrong? he has no spaces etc and the IP is correct, wondered if any mods or runners knew of any probs with AOL and NC and a way around it?

thanks in advance

DB

Artie
04-11-03, 23:13
connect thru ftp://neocron.com (i think that's it) and copy over all the RETAIL patches into his patches folder. Also, get the neocron launcher in the startup splash screen. It's dirty, but even if he does get it working, AOL's gonna rape his connection faster than a 0/2 spy encountering a DOY soldier.....

Hippieman
04-11-03, 23:18
Thats his first problem, AOL.

DigestiveBiscui
05-11-03, 01:13
seems to be sorted now, he simply re-typed the IP and that time it worked

fucking AOL

DigestiveBiscui
06-11-03, 00:09
works like once in a million times lol

AOL keeps timing out, sounds more like AOL 9k than AOL 56k tbh

06-11-03, 00:16
All the uber PKers should be forced to use AOL to prove how good they really are

MUHAHAHAHAHA

darknessfairy
06-11-03, 00:17
My other half has AOL broadband and he started up the NC launcher at the weekend and it had all changed from the normal one, to one of a light blue and white colouring, and the IP had gone,

so off i trotted to my puter and told him the IP and he put it in, pressed play, but to no avail... it just crashed :/

so after about 5 tries of this, again with no luck, we realised reinstallin was the easiest option...so we did, took forever cos he has the us patcher bug or sommink.... so in the end we reinstalled twice, takin about 3 hours, and the launcher returned to normal...

now was this AOL or just NC screwing up??

Marzola
06-11-03, 00:19
The crappy connections is all a conspiracy to make you pay for AOL broadband. The only real use for AOL is when they send you the free monthly coaster :p Sugest to him to get a better ISP than AOL (AOL= tEh EvEiL!!!!)

darknessfairy
06-11-03, 00:20
lol i dont even think he gets that...unless you mean the crappy disks that they send everyone... :P

and really why have to run AOL manually? shouldnt it log in automatically like my broadband? that would make life easier me thinks

Artie
06-11-03, 04:18
Originally posted by DigestiveBiscui
works like once in a million times lol

AOL keeps timing out, sounds more like AOL 9k than AOL 56k tbh

i've noticed on a 56k connection that when i connect to nc and i'm d/ling something it will time out and give a ERROR cannot conenct to server, but you should try looking at the neocron ini file and specify a longer timeout cycle. More details when i get home from work....:p

Spectra260
06-11-03, 05:15
its not AOL's fault, even though AOL sucks balls.

he had a space in before or after the IP...

happens to alot of people, happend to me like 2 or 3 times too

darknessfairy
06-11-03, 10:21
hmmm it could be AOL being shitty tho.... sometimes it crashes which means that neocron crashes which is shitty... the number of times i've laughed myself to tears watching my other half deal with that is not worth counting... i dont think he was too impressed tho :p

which is why you shouldnt have to run AOL seperately...dammit someone who works at AOL, sort this stinking problem out

Archeus
06-11-03, 11:39
Originally posted by Hippieman
Thats his first problem, AOL.

Visted my Cousin in Texas who had AOL..

I plugged in my laptop to connect to the net... he is "So when does it connect to the internet?", "It already has" I reply... "hmmm, so why aren't there any adverts then?"

DigestiveBiscui
06-11-03, 12:44
cant be a wrong IP - cause it works from time to time

its just AOL's shit timeout rate

darknessfairy
06-11-03, 12:50
so basically....it's just AOL being shitty, which we knew all along :) oh well my suggestion is to get a better ISP...preferably with broadband :) hmmmm broadband...*drool

DigestiveBiscui
06-11-03, 12:52
he is gonna get AOL broadband - god im trying to change his mind

darknessfairy
06-11-03, 12:54
nooooooo not aol, please not aol...anything but....*faints at thought of "upgrading" to AOL (?!) broadband*

Sanch0s
06-11-03, 22:26
AOL 56k owns j00!!!

I play it and its great................O_o
Ive had to use this shit since august....and my new isp stll wont activate me im warning anyone that reads this never ever ever ever ever ever ever go with Bulldog!!!
They said 14 days...... its been nearly 4 months.....you decide!

Biscuit tell him read this- as a previos aol broadband subcriber in the UK id advise against aol.
1- i had shitty pings, and even more so in games such as half life!

2-its shit and that siging in things really really gay

3- I dont want to see them assholes get any moe money :P
Nah but seriously aol is shit thankfull ive escaped aol to aol 56k.....ahh its good to be free :(

darknessfairy
07-11-03, 00:22
lolololol

ahem thats all i had to say on the matter

DigestiveBiscui
07-11-03, 01:24
Originally posted by Sanch0s
AOL 56k owns j00!!!

I play it and its great................O_o
Ive had to use this shit since august....and my new isp stll wont activate me im warning anyone that reads this never ever ever ever ever ever ever go with Bulldog!!!
They said 14 days...... its been nearly 4 months.....you decide!

Biscuit tell him read this- as a previos aol broadband subcriber in the UK id advise against aol.
1- i had shitty pings, and even more so in games such as half life!

2-its shit and that siging in things really really gay

3- I dont want to see them assholes get any moe money :P
Nah but seriously aol is shit thankfull ive escaped aol to aol 56k.....ahh its good to be free :(

right.....56k beaten broadband? :confused: deary me

enablerbr
07-11-03, 01:29
AOL = Another Online Loser.:D

Nasher
07-11-03, 02:05
Only problem is, AOL is the only dial-up ISP in the UK that doesnt have hourly limits/cut-offs, so many who cant get broadband in their area yet are forced onto it if they dont want to be reconnecting every 2 hours and paying extra for going over their limit :(