PDA

View Full Version : Rifle PE's & Weapon Lore

superfresh
04-11-03, 22:09
Is it true too much weapon lore can be overkill? I made a rifle PE and have 150 in it. I've been told this is a tad excessive. Supposedly 150 doesn't do much more than, say, 100. Is this true?

Duder
04-11-03, 22:10
Put everything in weaponlore, but leave a few points for a little PSI use, The more weaponlore = better.

Tycho C
04-11-03, 22:13
Well, with RC1 I think I have 103 or something WL. I would like to have more but I poke 115 (w/ spy1). There is deffinately a difference then if I had more. Most of my guns have lasers on them to help make up for it though. But even the ones that don't arn't all that bad. Higher RC can make up for less WL. Just find what is confertable for you, and how well you aim :)

ericdraven
04-11-03, 22:19
I heard about the myth that there is a "flip point", but i have 220 WEP and can't recognize this at all - so i think thats all BS. :D

Judge
04-11-03, 22:36
Well I find that you can look at Rifle PEs in two ways:

High RC (75-80) low Wep Lore (early 100s): You can do an extra tradeskill like poke or hack, but you can't do anything else in dex, like vehicle or repair. And your agility might suffer for it.

High Wep Lore (high 100s) Low RC (60-70): You can do a little extra in dex like ride a hoverbike or do very minor repairs (I used this as my setup to ride a hoverbike), but can't do anything in int except for wep lore and maybe 10 points for psi use.

I'm talking combat orientated PEs here.... if you are more into hunting than PvP and don't mind not capping your weapons then this won't apply to you.

Ormy
04-11-03, 23:23
I found after about 140-150 WEP (thats with imps btw) the points started making very little difference, i would say 150 is enough.

Doc Holliday
04-11-03, 23:23
75-80 drikkie u smokin something there or is this without imps. even without imps thats faaaaaaaaaaar too low for a pe. i get about 70ish agility topped off with imps. that gets me up to about 93 after the leg foot and exp reflex 4. that totals 93ish i reckon. havent logged in to check. i use rifle eye 3 sf and exp ball 3 and top off about 170 ish rcl. thats what 50 xtra rifle at max so 120 is hi rc at best and THATS without any other skills eg recycle driving etc. i didnt factor in the pa to that as i dont use it.

195 is the cap for a pe to cap freq btw so it does affect something guys. wep lore doesnt so long as u cap the aiming ( with which u need approx 140 )

[TgR]KILLER
04-11-03, 23:24
all u can spare into WEP thats it..

s0apy
04-11-03, 23:39
check out the skills guide for all u need to know (in the announcement forum). meantime, here are the relevant points:

Rifle Damage: 0.7(70%) RC + 0.2(20%) WEP
Rifle Aiming: 0.4(40%) RC + 0.6(60%) WEP
Rifle Frequency: 0.5(50%) RC + 0.4(40%) DEX
Rifle Handling: 0.4(40%) RC + 0.3(30%) DEX + 0.2(20%) STR
Rifle Range: 0.3(30%) RC + 0.5(50%) WEP

for a rifle PE, with a sensible amount of RC (over 160), this means WEP will really only affect aiming since everything else caps real quick with RC alone. once the aim on your chosen weapon (please tell me you're talking easer here) has capped, you need NO MORE WEP. ok?

the hardest thing to cap on a rifle is freq, and that is unaffected by WEP anyway.

whatever is enough to cap aim, it's vital you put the rest into psi use. with enough PSU, and a capped heal spell, you can runcast the heal, and that's gravy my friend.

Maarten
04-11-03, 23:41
My PE setup:

INT:
35 hacking (+10 from SF and +5 from spy1, enough to hack WB's)
94 weapon lore (+ 50 from imps)
79 implant (+4 from spy1 is enough to poke my own SF)

DEX:
123 R-C (+33 from imps, +10 from PA3 and +5 from rifle1)
68 T-C (+13 from imps and +4 from rifle1, enough to use RoG and Stealth I)
50 agility (+14 from Exp Foot)
37 recycle (enough to clone all my ammo)
and the rest in R-C

With this setup I cap the damage and aiming on my Pain Easer and my Ray of God. So I do not understand the people that are yelling you have to gimp yourself if you want to be able to poke OR hack as a rifle PE.

I'm planning on getting an implant glove though, so I can LoM some implant and raise hacking to 60. With imps/buffs that will be 75 to make hacking WB's a lot easier.

superfresh
05-11-03, 00:01
Great info. Thx all :)

Artie
05-11-03, 00:06
Originally posted by ericdraven
I heard about the myth that there is a "flip point", but i have 220 WEP and can't recognize this at all - so i think thats all BS. :D

The "flip point" is when more points do less and less to the final "cap" point. Therefore, you're not neccesarily "wasting" points, they're just less effective. That's the secret to getting the perfect con forumla. Getting the points just right to where you get the most effective setup with the points you have. I've heard that resists do less work the higher you get, but that's for certain classes (ie spies and monks) and that by putting more, you impair yourself. i heard 15 resist was perf for a monk, but what do i know? ^_^

Maarten
05-11-03, 00:09
Sidenote, my setup is for PvM only. And since the only PSI spell requires a high range and frequency is Damage Boost and that is useless for rifle users since you attack from very far away, I haven't put anything in PSI use.

If you want to be able to use Damage Boost and other PSI spells at a good frequency and range, then you should consider dropping implant for PSI use.

FuzzyDuck
05-11-03, 00:43
My spy has 255 weapon lore (yup totally pure, can't think of another skill to have) and everything's capped, no 'flip-point'.

Judge
05-11-03, 00:49
Fuck.... I missed the 1 in front of 75-80.

Meant to be 175-80.

ericdraven
05-11-03, 00:58
Originally posted by FuzzyDuck
My spy has 255 weapon lore (yup totally pure, can't think of another skill to have) and everything's capped, no 'flip-point'.
Interesting... how can you get 255 when you got only 553 skillpoints to spend? This are 175 WEP base maximum. :p

The 220 from my previous post are from my capped spy btw, i didn't read that this thread is about PEs, shame over me! *vanishes*