PDA

View Full Version : PPUers and Copbots.

Zanathos
04-11-03, 16:54
I recently had an encounter with a PPU inside Pepper park. Heres how it went.

I was minding my own business, going to talk to Simmons for the DRE epic missions and a PPU who apparently didnt like me (Black Dragon Faction Member) came and started attacking me.

I enter Pepper Park 1, I run towards Simmons and Pepper Park 2.

Firs thing he did, Parashock. I start moving as slow as a snail.....

I stop in front of the cops that are at the Venturewarp in Pepper Park. What do they do while he is attacking me?

Copbot 1 sais : DROP THAT WEAPON!
Copbot 2 sais : DROP THAT WEAPON!

So he puts away his Parashock and leaves me alone for a sec. Thinking he will leave me alone, I move towards Pepper Park 2, STILL MOVING AS SLOW AS A SNAIL!

I stop, heal myself, and keep moving, he gets up to me, damage boosts me, and starts parashocking me with the low level holy parashock spell. This time the 2 copbots cant see the action, but a third copbot can. The one oustide the Subway station.

Copbot 3 sais : DROP THAT WEAPON!

He doesnt, continues to attack me.

The parashock (low level attack spell) he was casting on me. Which of course was doing rather crappy damage, my heal and deflector were enough to fend it off. At this point my shock from that one parashock spell finally disipates and i can move again.

We then start playing cat and mouse at the sewers located near copbot 3. I eventually make it to Pepper Park 2.

Keep in mind, I have NOT attacked him yet. (Whats the point really.....)

After I get to Pepper Park 2, once again he comes out, parashocks me, I move as slow as a snail, damage boosts me. I start to head for the two copbots posted just outside the entrace here.

He starts attacking me again.

Copbot 4 sais : DROP THAT WEAPON!
Copbot 5 sais : DROP THAT WEAPON!

Copbot 4 FINALLY attacks him and he is forced to retreat. Doing a total of a massive 23 damage!

He then comes back in.

After which he continues to attack me, he casts a soul cluster this time, after my parashock FINALLY wears off, I try to retreat to the Gravity Lifts located just right there, not knowing how far up they went. As Im in that lift, he attacks me more and more.

After which I go down the gravity lift. He continues to attack me and then he finally kills me.

What did the copbots do right after that? NOTHING!

I again after go to Pepper Park, this time avoiding him. But he catches me again in front of Copbot 4 and 5. He attacks me once again.

This time I was completly defenceless. Sinc I didnt get my equipmemt back.

He kills me, once again, the copbots do NOTHING.

Let me remind you, through all of this, I NEVER attacked him (again, whats the point)

My problem is.

1 : Copbots are fucking useless and do nothing to protect its citizens it seems.

2 : PPU's are so god damn defensive its not even funny anymore.

23 damage from 3 bursts from a copbot, hes back again a second later fully healed. A SECOND LATER.

3 : That one parashock spell slows you down way to fucking much and can be spammed way to fucking much.

end of story
end of rant

wolfwood
04-11-03, 16:57
ever heard off anti shock drugs? learn to love em... :D

Ryuben
04-11-03, 17:01
i can take 3 cop bots on my ppu :D

and 2 storms :D

but yeah bad show old chap

04-11-03, 17:01
...and there was a thread here yesterday asking for all Copbots to be removed from PP!

ezza
04-11-03, 17:06
just goes to show that black dragon own pepper park, the copbots are helpless to stop us

Zanathos
04-11-03, 17:12
Thats besides the point....... If I use anti shock drugs, i dont have all the room needed for the following. (and btw, HE CAUGHT ME OFF GUARD)

1 - Rapid Fire smg
2 - Heal spell
3 - Heal Santum
4 - Deflector
5 - Shelter
6- Basic Resist Booster 2
7- Pistol Combat Booster 1
8 - Spy Booster 1
9 - Damage Booster
0 - Hack tool

SorkZmok
04-11-03, 17:20
Originally posted by wolfwood
ever heard off anti shock drugs? learn to love em... :D

Most fucking useless drug in the whole game. You pop one (fucking expensive one), wait till it works, then run 2 steps at normal speed and *blam* youre glued to the ground again. So why even bother to use em?

/edit
And QB space is another point...i already carry way too many drugs and shit i need in my inventory cause my QB is filled with more important stuff.

Scikar
04-11-03, 17:33
Next time a PPU attacks you, damage boost him. Then cast TL3 heal on him, and hit him with everything you've got. The second a CopBot is about to open up on you, switch back to TL3 heal and heal away on the PPU until the CopBot loses his aggro, then DB him again and keep shooting. With a bit of luck and good timing, you'll piss the CopBot off but he'll hit the PPU for having parashock out instead of attacking you, and TL3 heal + DB will put the PPU down. A PPU attacking someone can't exactly complain about TL3 heal. :rolleyes:

Zanathos
04-11-03, 17:35
I didnt want to attack him though. I asked him repeatedly to leave me alone as all i want to do is talk to Simmons for the DRE epics.

Nullifidian
04-11-03, 17:41
Originally posted by Zanathos
I didnt want to attack him though. I asked him repeatedly to leave me alone as all i want to do is talk to Simmons for the DRE epics.

He's an enemy faction. Deal with it. You walk around in enemy territory, expect to be attacked.

Scikar
04-11-03, 17:42
Well I have a little rule, basically if someone shoots me, and I'm not certain they're just playing, I waste them. :)

Nullifidian
04-11-03, 17:54
Originally posted by Scikar
Well I have a little rule, basically if someone shoots me, and I'm not certain they're just playing, I waste them. :)

Good rule. If only more people followed that rule, we wouldn't have as many complaints.

Though one thing is right about this thread: PPUs are too powerful. ParaSpam is too ghey and holy shelter and holy deflector make PPUs invincible.

Zanathos
04-11-03, 18:39
Originally posted by Nullifidian
He's an enemy faction. Deal with it. You walk around in enemy territory, expect to be attacked.

Black Dragon don't own all of Pepper Park.

In fact, Pepper Park 1 is owned by Tsunami

Pepper Park 2 is owned by Black Dragon

(At least you see only Tsunamis in Pepper Park 1, and Black Dragon in Pepper Park 2)

Nullifidian
04-11-03, 18:47
Originally posted by Zanathos
Black Dragon don't own all of Pepper Park.

In fact, Pepper Park 1 is owned by Tsunami

Pepper Park 2 is owned by Black Dragon

(At least you see only Tsunamis in Pepper Park 1, and Black Dragon in Pepper Park 2)

Then you should talk to your faction counsellor about this. Contact your faction consellar and ask him if he can set up a deal with Tsunami for better protection in PP1. That's what your faction counsellar is for, man.

Seezur001
04-11-03, 19:13
You should have attacked. I was in the same boat at CRP, ppu DB's me while im fight a grim chaser, I thought maybee he missed the chaser, then he starts shocking me. Im apu btw so no heal for me, i poped a medi and started hitting him with energy beam. it didnt kill him but it made him run off to heal. he come back i switch to fire beam, it catches him off gaurd and he dies :)

You may not be able to kill him but you can scare him into healing (sometimes). a PPU isnt a god, they can be killed, and a parashock dosent do that much damage so, DB him, and unload everything you got, might be enough to buy you some time to get out of there.

whifix
04-11-03, 22:05
PPU's who hunt in PP1-3 are pussies. They know that chances are they can get away to a copbot to hide or zone to Plaza 3 and just rebuff and go back in. It is a stupid ingame mechanism when the copbots don't help you out but unfortunetly it is a just one according to Reakktor. However apparently Reakktor has a problem when you are TG and go into NCPD hq and kill a bunch of NPCs just to follow your story roles. :rolleyes:

JackScratch
04-11-03, 22:17
Non of what is being discusssed here has anything to do with PPUs, or RPing. This is all about random stupid attacks and the misuse of the COPbots who only attack city runners. PKing is flat out of control everywhere except Pluto. PPUs are hard to kill "DUH" thats not the problem, the problem was the copbot lack of action and yours. You have encountered random PKing scum. They should all be griefed out of the game, and based on your story, if they arent, you are as much to blame as they are. You shopuld attack all random PKers, then hyunt them down and grief them out of the damn game, makeing it better for all of us.

QuantumDelta
04-11-03, 22:42
Come back when you cap and have stealth.
Kthxbye.

Whitestuff
05-11-03, 06:00
Originally posted by Nullifidian

/rant
Nothing says enemy factions have to fight. It just means your companies/corporations/syndicates/insert random organization heading here do no cooperate. So you kill a faction enemy, that's cool, but you are now a murderer and a copbot should waste your ass. And not just one time, I mean for like a day you can't walk in front of a copbot. That is what I call "ensuring your saftey within the inner city limits" (and yes PP is part of the inner city. Industrial A and such are outter city IMO).

I aggree copbots are useless. I say, cop sees ya with a weapon out, no warning, BLAM!! Then I also think the bot should sex you up. Oh yeah! I would screenie the shit out of that!

/rant

@ Jack - AMEN BROTHER!! Preach it!!!! That is my philosophy and I try to do that as often as possible with as many clanies as possible. I get kicks out of guys who ask why I need so many team mates. I just say, "Cause your life isn't worth the next ten seconds it will exist." *Pumble* rinse and repeat. This is also the only instance when I believe in rezz kill, is killing random senseless PKers. I don't even steal their stuff, but hey I should.

Nullifidian
05-11-03, 08:37
Originally posted by WhiteKrAkRBOi
/rant
Nothing says enemy factions have to fight. It just means your companies/corporations/syndicates/insert random organization heading here do no cooperate. So you kill a faction enemy, that's cool, but you are now a murderer and a copbot should waste your ass. And not just one time, I mean for like a day you can't walk in front of a copbot. That is what I call "ensuring your saftey within the inner city limits" (and yes PP is part of the inner city. Industrial A and such are outter city IMO).

I aggree copbots are useless. I say, cop sees ya with a weapon out, no warning, BLAM!! Then I also think the bot should sex you up. Oh yeah! I would screenie the shit out of that!

/rant

In Neocron, it's only a crime to kill an ally or neutral. It isn't a crime to kill an enemy.

It is also a crime to draw a weapon and/or fire a weapon in front of a Copbot. But a lesser crime that doesn't go on your record.

If you want them to actually implement a criminal system, then they'll have to implement some system where you only lose SL when there are witnesses and the witnesses report the "crime" to a lawterm or something. That would actually be cool, but good fucking luck having it implemented.

Scikar
05-11-03, 12:00
If you want to make it evil to kill someone in an enemy faction that's fine by me, as long as evil people get the same belt drops as everyone else.