PDA

View Full Version : PPUs and Faction Sympathy

Oath
04-11-03, 16:24
Okies, i wanna change my PPus faction, currently its at - 32 to my chosen faction, obviouisly as a ppu its kinda hard to kill shit lol, anyone give me any tips on leveling my Symp?

Killing faction guards isnt great cos i get owned.............i r not an uber ppu,....................yet.

Ideas?

ericdraven
04-11-03, 16:26
There are plenty of missions which do not need any killing - research, construct, recycle, delivery missions..

/EDIT: err, you are at -32 atm.. well.. idle about 5 days in your app, then it should be around 10. :p

Cruzbroker
04-11-03, 16:33
just hit couple of times guard with some uber guy already in the faction you want to change :)

Zanathos
04-11-03, 16:35
Kill friendly factions that are enemies of that faction.

Scikar
04-11-03, 16:42
Get a friend to make a brand new char in a faction which is enemies to both your current faction and your chosen faction, have him take his LE out, go to a GR in an anarchy zone and kill him over and over with parashock bolt until you have enough sympathy to switch.

Archeus
04-11-03, 16:46
Construction and Recycle missions don't require that you actually do that. You can just buy the stuff from the shop and hand it in.

Used it a few times to switch factions.

Stigmata
04-11-03, 16:46
find a mate with a free char slot, get him to create a noob who is hostile to the faction you wanna switch to and enemy to the one you are in aswell, go to a anarchy zone (point red tell him activate the gr and just kill him over and over until the symp is at 50

Andy

Oath
04-11-03, 17:29
Well, i tried the whole get a mate whos a rival faction thing..................unfortunately i lost a ton of soulight and got barely any symp............sucks to be me.

Any other takers,

IM currently Tangeant, i wanna change to Tsunami.

Tried Pking t3h black dragons............lost Sl.......

Pkd city, got no change in anything.

Ideas?

Zanathos
04-11-03, 17:31
As a city admin guy on pluto

a crahn guy wanted to kill me 60 times to have sympathy at 50 for TG.

gave me 2 million for it ^_^

AND got 8 con levels so HA!

ericdraven
04-11-03, 17:34
Tangent and Tsunami do not have an enemy faction in common, therefore you can't use that trick (except you temporarily switch to another faction and THEN to Tsunami).

At -32 symp. you need 2 or 3 kills to raise your symp. by 1.

So i guess - idling over night is still the best solution. ;)

Oath
04-11-03, 17:39
Originally posted by ericdraven
Tangent and Tsunami do not have an enemy faction in common, therefore you can't use that trick (except you temporarily switch to another faction and THEN to Tsunami).

At -32 symp. you need 2 or 3 kills to raise your symp. by 1.

So i guess - idling over night is still the best solution. ;)

I was hoping you werent going to say that lol.

Oh well, thanks for the help.

:)

Oath.

Scikar
04-11-03, 17:40
I'd say your best bet is to go to CM first by killing TGs, then switch to Tsunami from CM by killing Black Dragon. You could switch to CA first but they're enemies with Tsunami which means you'll find it harder to get into Tsunami HQ to switch and you also lose sympathy with Tsunami by joining a hostile faction. CM are the choice here since they are neutral to Tsunami (though a TS ally is preferable, I can't think of what TS's allies are off the top of my head) and they have a common enemy (BD). If Crahn are allied to Tsunami (can't remember if they are) then go Crahn instead and kill CA, you'll get some TS symp just from joining Crahn to start with if they're allies.