PDA

View Full Version : [Europe] Star Wars Galaxies

garyu69
04-11-03, 16:10
Just browsing and found out that SW:G is out on Friday.
Is anyone going to be getting this?

I am not getting it yet as i want to see how it spans out first. And i also don't want to be paying £29.99 for the game then £14.99 a month to play.

Screw that.

But i still believe in the end
NC > SW:G

Cliffraiser
04-11-03, 16:21
imported it a few months back. and i didnt like it.

Pvp is waaaay to passive.

NC>SWG definately

phsoot
04-11-03, 16:35
Swg sucks teh ass and what not.
If you like getting owned by womprats and wookies, sexed by jar jars, this is the game for you.

04-11-03, 16:48
I imported on release and have been playing ever since :-)

Sundiver
04-11-03, 17:16
Got import months ago, haven't installed it. 1 MMO is enough, and oh I got a second NC account the other day as well.. :rolleyes:

Brian Grey
04-11-03, 18:34
DONT DO IT, well not yet, wait till the space sim is out.

very slow, very boring, very easy..........

Elric
05-11-03, 13:37
im sorry.. I have to say WHAT THE FUCK!??!?!?

£14.99 a MONTH!

Screw that. American audiences get the pleasure of paying $15 (from what I've read, could be mistaken) a month which is only £8.92750 GBP. So I get to pay more for the exact same service and monthly game as the American lot do. Fuck that. Screw Sony and Screw their dodgy dealings with currencies.

fuckin corporate bullshit...

sorry for the profanity, but things like this piss me off.

El Barto
05-11-03, 13:58
I would get it, but that much a month!!?!?!?!?!1111

Shockwave
05-11-03, 14:00
Bought it on import a bit over a month ago. I'll be transferring to the Euro servers (They'll be based in the UK! Woohoo!) when they open, which hopefully will be this friday in line with the actual release of the game.

As to the game itself, I'm enjoying it, but there's not an enormous amount to do at the moment other than grind levels. Still, I haven't gotten bored of playing it yet (Like I have with NC, unfortunately).

YoDa-UK
05-11-03, 14:00
Ok few facts.

SWG costs about £8 a month, FACT

SWG PvP is shit, plain and simple, its really tame, no blood rush from killing, in fact if you don't go for the creature handler skill then consider yourself dead, everyone has a pet there, its pokemon not star wars.

Fact is I played it for about 4 months, left it and went back, and left it again and came back to NC, there is no other game out there for the pure PvP rush that NC has to offer, so credit to KK and the players for that.

If you like to RP a lot, if you love star wars and enjoy sitting on your arse in a cantina, if you enjoy working very very hard for your cash to just blow it away on some armor that doesn't work right, if you want to have a top weapon before you even master a skill then play it, its that shit lol

Also don't ever expect anything to do with items like rares, there is no such thing in that game, you don't get items from vendors either, in fact they just removed the newbie missions for cash too, so be prepared to work your arse off for nothing.

Bah NC does > SWG

Viva La Neocron

Shockwave
05-11-03, 14:05
It wasn't designed as a PvP game, Yoda. And as far as I'm aware NC is the only MMORPG with an FPS-based PvP system, so you might be waiting a while to find something that satisfy's your bloodlust a bit better (Unless you fancy some Q3A or UT2K3).

Some of hte armour does have bugs in it, but I'm happy to say my full suit of 51% Composite works perfectly! :D

Edit: CH's are hard, yes, but if a BH or a Commando catches them without their pets about, they're toast in under 5 seconds.

BlackDove
05-11-03, 14:09
Idiot game, get the fuck off my screen.

DIE SWG DIE.

P4mp3rk3
05-11-03, 18:11
I will be getting it, cause I don't want to judge the game before I've played it....

=Chojin=
05-11-03, 18:18
im gonna give it a shot, i think most ppl who dont like it here expected something like Nc, u know the pvp aspect.

Ch0