PDA

View Full Version : Remote Repairing...

-FN-
04-11-03, 13:07
To my knowledge, remote repairing is good on vehicles and...

Well that's it. It's basically useless.

Can we make other things repairable? I'd like to be able to repair turrets at least.

BlackDove
04-11-03, 13:11
Why would you if turrets self-repair?

AxeMan
04-11-03, 13:15
what about remote repairing like you do remote implanting.

I'm sure this has been brought up before but it would simply be the person needing an item repaired would put it in the processor and have the repair lube in their inventory. it would cut out any chance that someone could steal your rare item.

ElfinLord
04-11-03, 13:19
Originally posted by AxeMan

I'm sure this has been brought up before but it would simply be the person needing an item repaired would put it in the processor and have the repair lube in their inventory. it would cut out any chance that someone could steal your rare item.
Very good idea.

Then soon after that we could have remote construct tools and research tools.

This way tradeskillers would probably never get tipped or gain any experience for playing the game.:rolleyes:

ElfinLord

Stigmata
04-11-03, 13:35
you can repair turrets, or you used to be able to, with 100 rep skill you can repair a gatlin mk3 faster than a tank can do damage to it.

Andy

Al3X
04-11-03, 14:05
well 1 big reason why not:
ppl wont tip you anymore...
you can just let someone repair your shit and run away..
unless you make a "force tip" option or something O_o

t0tt3
04-11-03, 16:46
well nanties??!?!?!? omg they are expensive and it cost more to buy nanties then rep a whole caboosa tank so why even use the the tool it just sucks... make a lube kit for it that as expensive as a ress lube... and does not take 200 per 5% rep ^^ thats eeeh lame?

Stigmata
04-11-03, 16:50
if you have 120 in rep (240) one poke of the repair tool does 5% to the vehicle at the cost of 25 nanites so one full pack does 40% rep for the cost of 2000nc without barter

a vehicle (rhino) at 60% cost 27K to repair

you do the math 2k > 27K

although i think it should be cloneable

Andy

superfresh
04-11-03, 17:36
Originally posted by AxeMan

Remote repairing carried items would defy one of the basic ideas of the game - the option to do good or be nasty. Would also bypass the way tipping works for most repairers.

I almost think poking should work the same way so its not underscored compared to the other tradeskills. Implant is like the fast food of tradeskills right now. I mean, it's surgery isnt it? Just kneel and I'll give you a new chest? I'm sure there are very few other people who feel this way though. Anyway thats OT.

Tried repairing a hovertec the other day. Was REALLY nice to be able to cruise all over the wastelands and fix it myself whenever it needed it. Much cheaper too.

Jaggeh
04-11-03, 17:38
ok ill do the math

you do the math 2k > 27K

i think 2k < 27k

:D

but as to turrets, they dont count as dead enteties more like mobs, thats why heal spells work on them.

poking them with nanites does not work. i bought 200 boxes of nanites thinking it would work and they jsut sit idle in my consumables cabinet :/

Scikar
04-11-03, 17:43
The arrow points to the smaller one Andy. ;)

Stigmata
04-11-03, 18:07
but as to turrets, they dont count as dead enteties more like mobs, thats why heal spells work on them.

poking them with nanites does not work. i bought 200 boxes of nanites thinking it would work and they jsut sit idle in my consumables cabinet :/

well it used to work.

The arrow points to the smaller one Andy

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

t0tt3
04-11-03, 22:24
when i repped I thought the nanties where got damn heavy and bring with some ammo to... doh hopeless! But maybe I am wrong about that thing just saw all my nanties go away.... and low rep on the rhino. Who cares about the cash? I just want to make it quick and have a lube like the other skills so I can rep like 5 - 6 times on a rhino with the lube

But instead of this 1 s man in rep make it take as long as a low techi to ress. Then you cant complain it cost to much and that could be inplanted to turrets to.

Who wants to be a sitting duck near a turret repping while APU:s killing y00 "yea are there any other chars?"

and yes andy

Own rep "2k" > Auto rep "27k" but thats not the whole point.. Or how many only rep skillers have u seen? Know one gimped bastard but hes in UN force now

Scikar
05-11-03, 12:23
Originally posted by stigmata
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

10 > 5, the arrow points to the smaller one. :)