PDA

View Full Version : NeMa 6: Released

Iorghe
04-11-03, 01:09
It is there another beauty has been created. In this months issue we have lots of news, lots of side info and even more pages.

I hope you all will have a very nice read, do not forget to vote in the poll.

Low-Quality (8,136 Kb) (http://www.neocron.com/~floren/NeMa6_lo.pdf)
High-Quality (16,948 Kb) (http://www.neocron.com/~floren/NeMa6_hi.pdf)

Greetings,
Iorghe
H. Chesterfield

Twist[TFO]
04-11-03, 01:45
N1CE... I like the cover and the pic of the Rhino... and everything else too... hope everyone thinks like me :)

Jest
04-11-03, 01:46
Just skimmed it so far but uh... that stripper of the month... yah.... :(

And I loved the Anti-war activist story hehe.

And the MS add woot!

Be sure to read Kir's story on page 30. It rocks. :)

Zanathos
04-11-03, 01:59
After reading that... I started to think..........

Is Regents going to become a mutant village? cause if so that would SOOOO OWN! 8|

And why cant the game look as good as those pics in the NeMa :lol:

craio
04-11-03, 02:01
Nice,just one thing ... a next worker on frenzy managed to take down 2 copbots with a plasma pistol,thats what the picture shows.But the article said the copbots killed him before harm could be done.

McEvoy
04-11-03, 02:06
it seems like nima gets bigger an bigger each month :D , thats great, it means somthings going right! man the art is getting better too :D this is cool, but im useing alot'o ink printing it out (time to start sneaking this through the printer at work :wtf:

Rade
04-11-03, 03:19
Heh, saw the article about the PE tournament.. When and on
what server was that? I dont recognize _any_ of the participants
names... o_O

Shadow Dancer
04-11-03, 03:43
Originally posted by Rade
names... o_O

Me neither.

Btw, weren't some of the articles repeated? Anyways, that biotech female PE face pic is HOT. :p

El_MUERkO
04-11-03, 03:45
So we're getting a new map, will it be along the same lines as the neocron.ems.ru map?

Other than that theres doesnt seem to be much info pointing toward new content or story developments.

Iorghe
04-11-03, 03:47
Originally posted by Rade
names... o_O

That is of a player organised event on jupiter. It took place in september, but couldn't be published in NeMa5 due to translation/interpretation and general structure problems with the original article

MrBane
04-11-03, 03:49
None of the articles were repeated. Some of them might have continued on from a previous months story, but what examples do you feel were copies of previous?

Other than that theres doesnt seem to be much info pointing toward new content or story developments.

If you read the Cron's as well, you'll notice that this month, it's generally been quite quiet as far as plot continuance goes. So consider this months more for sheer entertainment value than information value.

a next worker on frenzy managed to take down 2 copbots

Damned papparazzi, can't trust 'em eh? Not all our images are correct, but look past the errors as just that, mistakes that are made. :)

PE Battle was on Jupiter, that should have been mentioned, apologies for that.

Whitestuff
04-11-03, 03:55
Downloading it now. Man this one sounds good, don't build me up for nothing.

Great. Its is a wonderful piece of art and that bit about me in the THANK YOU section, is true to life. I had a bit writting and uploading my journal and it seems as though, I was too late this time. But fear not, I played on Fault a bit more this month and actually built up 3 months of a story line, so I should be more prepared next time. It doesn't help to be interested in writing about one character and then making 2 new ones that you like better....... Alas, that's monk-o-cron... erm damn! I mean Neocron, yeah that's it.....

QuantumDelta
04-11-03, 05:48
Took a while to read through, very nicely compiled :p

I begin to wonder if Neocronicle and NEMA should take seperate paths somewhat, to allow more creativity...Both Iorghe and Callash and put out good amounts of material if they're split a little.

Very nice, imo.

Remind me to duel Devries sometime :p

Thanks for the shout out sl33py :D

Heavyporker
04-11-03, 06:14
Damn.. very sexy all around. A lot of spellling errors, but I'm able to overlook that in the moment of my joy.

Honey of the Month... somewhat put me off o_0

About those articles that runners can get paid for... can I get paid if i do "ads" for ingame stuff? Not for clans or that sort - sorta like the Giza Bank and the japanese colacola sorta thing?

Yes, it gives me great joy the longer and sparlklier the NEMA gets.

And yes, I agree, Neochronicle and NEMA should be separated a LITTLE bit, perhaps.. hmm hmm, yes.

And maybe... will there be a chance to put in other cartoons or comics than "Spud and Felix"? Hell, would I get paid if I did cartoons for the NEMA too?!?! *drools*

*ps.. w00tage, Im in the NBAy! YAY! :D *

McEvoy
04-11-03, 09:57
Thanks Nema for Sponsoring the Greenhouse project - it means alot :angel:

El Barto
04-11-03, 10:55
I am gona run home from collage 2day just to read it!!!!

04-11-03, 13:48
am I missing something here or isnt it pretty obvious that we need to use the virus that is killing the wasteland mutants on that lot down at Regants?

Or would that just be too simple/easy?

QuantumDelta
04-11-03, 15:17
If a radiated / mutation adapted virii like that were to break out in the human immune system it would probably be incurable, either that or a down right fucker to cure....

sl33py
04-11-03, 15:21
in general what makes the muties sick, makes us sick aswell, since muties are ... were normal runners ... once upon a time in a history far far away.

That'S also the reason why proto pharm uses them to test new medications.

04-11-03, 15:30
But the plan is still sound :-)

Dribble Joy
04-11-03, 17:37
I'm scared about the GR changes. Will this affect people like the shitty mercs too? will the GR system only be usable by pro CA factions?

Judge
04-11-03, 18:47
I'm a bit worried about this as well dribble. I mean it would make sense.... technically, I suppose..... but it could possibly suck even more than the genrep lock changes. Though maybe KK want less people in the anti-city factions.... to make them less populated and more fighting for their freedom. More as they are described.

Though I'm sure that FA would be able to make their own GenRep system for the anti-city.

MrBane
04-11-03, 19:34
What are you lot on about with the GR stuff? If you read the article, it says 'All Runners'. :)

Pro-City Directors on Designate One makes sense, as why would the City waste the resources on Anti-City Directors, unless they had perhaps bribed someone for that privliege...

Mmm.

Shadow Dancer
05-11-03, 01:10
Wasn't the Tangent Tech Hacked article repeated?

Also the bit about the reporter checking the old jail in the first black dragon dossier article?

MrBane
05-11-03, 01:32
No, Tangent Tech article wasn't repeated, but it was a continuation of the original story. I can see how it would seem similar.

The Black Dragons Dossier, no, that's another original article, but going on previous stories.

We're looking at various new styles and layouts for the NeMa to make it an easier read, as well as letting you immediately identify the stories that are new and the ones that continue on.

Shadow Dancer
05-11-03, 01:33
Originally posted by MrBane
No, Tangent Tech article wasn't repeated, but it was a continuation of the original story. I can see how it would seem similar.

The Black Dragons Dossier, no, that's another original article, but going on previous stories.

I noticed you put the old story, and then the new one together. Was that on purpose? But the old story is definitely there.

MrBane
05-11-03, 01:42
Looking, but damned if I can see the story in an old NeMa.
I'm going blind from looking at these all bloody day. What page and what NeMa is the old story on?

I've got about six articles I'm currently writing, getting a tad confuzzled.

Shadow Dancer
05-11-03, 01:50
Originally posted by MrBane
Looking, but damned if I can see the story in an old NeMa.
I'm going blind from looking at these all bloody day. What page and what NeMa is the old story on?

I've got about six articles I'm currently writing, getting a tad confuzzled.

You write NEMA?

:eek:

Well the tangent hack story. The first article, that ends with them saying "it's like the firewall just went down". That one was in the last NEMA i think.

Also the one with the reporter going into the outzone jail and seeing "50 workers". I remember that specifically.

I also remember the guy comitting suicide in front of the CA-HQ, although it seems a bit different this time. Maybe this is a 2nd one?

MrBane
05-11-03, 01:55
You write NEMA?

*Laughs* Look at my Signature graphic, and look at the Credits page on NeMa. You now know my real name.. *Becomes scared and locks his door*

Aaaaah, I know what it is.. You'll be reading the weekly Cronicle too. Some of the articles are lifted directly from the Cronicle, and either left as is, or fleshed out.

Also, I'm not sure, I think it was Next that was muttering about their Firewall in the last one. So bloody confusing sometimes.

Yep, had a look back, those have been lifted direct from the Cronicle. NeMa is primarily a roundup of the month, thus some stories you will have read before.

:D Glad that's finally sorted, I can stop imagining I'm going insane now.

Heavyporker
05-11-03, 05:38
Any answer to my question about getting wages for doing randomish gfx or cartoons for NEMA?

Iorghe
05-11-03, 11:46
Show us some of your work and we'll consider it for publishing, then we can talk about payment.

Twist[TFO]
05-11-03, 17:28
payment?

MrBane
05-11-03, 23:06
*Covers Twists eyes and hands him a sharp coloured pencil*

What payments?

:D

Twist[TFO]
06-11-03, 00:05
oh whoa... a pencil... now i dont have to draw the comic with "Fingerfarben" anymore... :)

... i hope next month the nema freaks will let me out of my basement room with no windows... and maybe i can get some clothing or something to eat... *sigh*

Heavyporker
06-11-03, 00:58
Hmm hmm, ok, let's see what I can whip up, then.

Twist[TFO]
07-11-03, 01:54
uuuups... no i have told too much... i hear them coming with their whips :)

Shadow Dancer
07-11-03, 02:18
Who makes all the grafix and designs of NEMA?

Their fucking gorgeous.

Nidhogg
07-11-03, 02:51
That would be our resident artistic genius, Holger. Check the credits at the end of the mag. ;)

N

joran420
07-11-03, 03:03
you guys should do an article about darkmetal

Sorin
07-11-03, 03:18
Ack, I can't remember if it was in this NEMA or if I read it somewhere else. . . . .but new map? SEX. http://www.60degreev6.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/smileysex.gif Will it show the correct locations for Hawkins Uplink and Avenger Mine? I mean, you can see the correct location already if you click the button to show security settings on the map (the zone the security settings are in is the correct location of said outposts), but having them shown in the right spots without any trickery would be nice.

CarniFlex
07-11-03, 11:52
love most of teh stuff.... but please get a better manuscript for the comics... the drawings are ok but the jokes are just ... not there.

Twist[TFO]
07-11-03, 18:45
its very easy to get better jokes... send em to me... if u have better ones :) ok, send em to Iorghe hes responisble for the storys... :)

Jimbo2552
17-11-03, 07:32
This is just great - excellent work, very tallented people working on NEMA. Cheers!:)