PDA

View Full Version : Patch notes? I'll show you f'ing patch notes!

Omnituens
03-11-03, 23:02
Hey KK, look at this:

http://www.diabloii.net/pressdesk/031028.php

THESE are patch notes!

Look at the detail!

look at the LACK OF NERFS!

ooooh! aaaaaah!

maybe you should learn from Blizzard.

boneybob
03-11-03, 23:06
Stop Flameing KK dude!

Their lacking in money, cant make patch noats to long otherwise when u print em out they have to pay for more parer or even *GASP* another printer cartrage!:D

Ditch CVD KK, their stealing ur money!

BB

t0rqu3
03-11-03, 23:13
Originally posted by boneybob
Stop Flameing KK dude!

Their lacking in money, cant make patch noats to long otherwise when u print em out they have to pay for more parer or even *GASP* another printer cartrage!:D

BB

are you being sarcastic?

patch notes are online. when does printing ever come into play?

btw omni diablo ii patches only come out like once a year. rofl.

-FN-
03-11-03, 23:15
Do you have any idea how many years, yes I mean years, that patch took to come out?

Omnituens
03-11-03, 23:19
Originally posted by boneybob
Stop Flameing KK dude!

BB
ok, im sorry

i'll flame you instead because you can't spell :p

FLAME

Vince Kyzar
03-11-03, 23:19
well, maybe one should take all the nc patchnotes in the time since the last diablo2 patch and copy them together, and THEN compare.

well, even then the result wouldnt say anything.

Nidhogg
03-11-03, 23:21
Originally posted by Omnituens
look at the LACK OF NERFS!Do a search for the word "reduced" o_O

N

Omnituens
03-11-03, 23:32
I know the DII patch was a LOOOOONG time in the making, but you must appericate the patch notes.

a KK verion of these notes would be:

- We sorta did this, but we'll have to hotfix it soon because it didnt actually work

My bad: they DID nerf something.

they nerfed Para :lol:

- The attribute "Hit Slows Target" has been limited to no more than 50% slowing when used in PvP

Nidhogg
03-11-03, 23:38
a KK verion of these notes would be:

- We sorta did this, but we'll have to hotfix it soon because it didnt actually work You'll no doubt appreciate this line from patch 1.05 then:
- Fixed all spell ranges. They were mistakenly reduced in v1.04.
Mistakes are made by other people too it seems.

N

DarkPhoenix
04-11-03, 00:04
Wooo! Go Niddy Go!! :p

Anyway, as others have said, KK is not as big a company as Blizzard, certainly dont have as many programers as Blizzard, dont have as many players as Diablo II, etc. etc.

Yada Yada...

Rizzy
04-11-03, 00:07
omni go play diablo 2 then.

Scikar
04-11-03, 00:11
Perhaps the only reason there are fewer nerfs is because there are less people trying to take advantage of every slight imbalance in the skill system (i.e. hybrids).

Tazo
04-11-03, 00:20
maybe you should learn from Blizzard.
yes, and the first thing they should learn from blizzard is not to give a flying fuxx0r about what anyone else thinks of their game and just do what they think is right.

FuzzyDuck
04-11-03, 00:46
Dude - you gotta realise that that patch has been developed over years, not a few months like KK.

jernau
04-11-03, 00:54
Originally posted by Scikar
Perhaps the only reason there are fewer nerfs is because there are less people trying to take advantage of every slight imbalance in the skill system (i.e. hybrids).

They don't need to bother. They've all got duped weapons, exploit-capped chars, etc. etc.

I've never seen such a corrupt MMO.

Shadow Dancer
04-11-03, 00:58
Um Omni, how long has D2 been out? How long has this patch taken? How long has Blizz been a successful company? How large is Blizz?

I rest my case.

Punisher-X
04-11-03, 01:11
You missed something out Shadow..
How fucked are the D2 Realms? Answer: So fucked they essentially had to make a new sub-realm (the ladder system) which would be like KK making a new server.
Personally Im glad NC is nothing like D2. You can almost picture the spamming in plaza 1
"Offer 20 5 slot CS for the --insert uber hacked item name--"
No thank-you

Shadow Dancer
04-11-03, 01:11
I love D2. :p

Punisher-X
04-11-03, 01:16
D2C was great.
D2X I dislike. Found D2X waaaaaay too easy compared to D2C.

Shadow Dancer
04-11-03, 01:18
What the heck is D2C and D2X?

Punisher-X
04-11-03, 01:24
D2 Classic and D2 Xpansion
pfft standard D2 jargon

n00b :D

Thundra
04-11-03, 01:30
lol they had one guy makin that pathc and it took about 3 years. theres no abd things in ti really as cheats ruined the game u till that path for the past 3 years

QuantumDelta
04-11-03, 04:52
LOL Blizz is successful?
I've played a lot of their games, I think the only one I could even remotely stomach was WC3.

The rest are utter tripe.

REMUS
04-11-03, 05:14
you are telling me you dont like the fallout or baldurs gate series O_o you infidel!!!!

Necrosadistic
04-11-03, 05:20
Originally posted by REMUS
you are telling me you dont like the fallout or baldurs gate series O_o you infidel!!!!

Um...

Those weren't Blizzard....

Fallout is Interplay/Black Isle

BG is done by someone else I think...

StoneRayne
04-11-03, 05:33
No way.
Diablo2 was THE best online game ever, PERIOD. If it wasn't so popular, there would be less hacks for it. That's the ONLY thing that killed that game. If it was hackfree, it would play it RIGHT NOW, even though it came out 4 years ago.

The game was revolutionary for ITS age, and it STILL kicks the crap out of most games that come out 4 years after it.

QuantumDelta
04-11-03, 05:45
Still doesn't match up to FS2...
As for most popular...
If popularity is all that counts, doesn't counter strike = the worlds best game?

........... I think I can rest my case *spanks fw* :p

DI was ok.... DII ....................why me.....

t0rqu3
04-11-03, 05:50
Originally posted by Necrosadistic
Um...

Those weren't Blizzard....

Fallout is Interplay/Black Isle

BG is done by someone else I think...

BG is black isle too.

Shadow Dancer
04-11-03, 06:49
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
LOL Blizz is successful?
I've played a lot of their games, I think the only one I could even remotely stomach was WC3.

I hate the sims I think their crap, I guess that must mean that their not successful right?

NOT!

StoneRayne
04-11-03, 08:06
I never said its most popular QD, it was very popular, but it wasn't most popular by far, it's silly to say that. Even thought CounterStrike is a piece of sh!t.

D2 had the best PvP system in the world. It basically set the standards for any online RPG-type game up to this point, and in my opinion, no game has been able to measure up to them so far.
I always loved games that brought out the best in you, skillwise. Diablo2 and Red Alert were the only games where you can keep getting better, and whether you win or lose depends 90% on your skill. Expansion changed that. Woope doo. I'm not playing anymore, am I?
See QD, in this game, if you're /20 monk, you can't win against almost anyone, no matter how skilled you are. In d2, a Level 20 sorc controlled by a skillful player could rape 50% of the people who are less skilled, Lvl80 barbs, lvl60 zons, other lvl 50 sorcs.
QD.. I know you never played d2 to the high levels... Noone in the world who played d2 and PvPed at high levels could EVER say "d2... meh.."

Sorry, I loved that game =(((

El_MUERkO
04-11-03, 12:06
Stuff learning from blizzard, find their office and beseige them till they agree to publish DoY!

Richard Slade
04-11-03, 13:12
Look at their new wallpaper and post a thread like this again

Geez...

1.10patch is equal to DoY damnit

QuantumDelta
04-11-03, 14:14
heh, fw, you have to enjoy a game to play it significantly, I gave up after a while not sure what level I did get to, but, 20s...

You should really pick up a game called FreeSpace2....it's the only game I've ever played where perfect skill, can even be every single hack that can be concieved... we trained against the few hackers in the community for combat skilled and then could go 2v10 (sadly max :p), or 2v4 typically...

They tried to design missions specifically based on myself and BD, because they wanted the missions to be possible, but *only just*

Even those missions taxed us a little :p

I also designed missions where we were attacked by over 100 targets simultaneously (on spawn) ....we still won...

That's a game where fighting is mastered :p
And, it's a game where your skill can continue to improve, win lose or draw (infact I would often fly 1vX to lose and improve my skill, until I started winning those 1vX...)

DII just didn't glue for me, same as BG2.
RA 1 on the other hand I enjoyed, it wasn't as super weapon/unit driven as most other CnC Games (...lol....though generals is kinda fun....overlord "...Rush" :p)

Richard Slade
04-11-03, 15:40
QD the only strategy in RTS games I've found useful
was given to me by a good friend of mine
(Whom you all know on pluto if ur ol' timers but I won't tell who:p )
It's simple and it works:
Hoarding
There is NO strategy game that fella hasn't whipped up with that strategy
Never fails. And so goes for FS2 too
If u just got enough they can't stop you.

StoneRayne
04-11-03, 16:47
By 1vX you mean against computer enemies? I'm talking mostly for PvP... although I did love d2's PvM system, but usually its only if you're doing it coop..it can become a bit drag if you solo it for too long.
I never tried or heard of freespace until I met you, what is it like? Space sim? Like descent? Just warnin, I never liked descent heh =/ Or is it different?

Oh and... lvl20s in d2 is that spot where I almost quit cuz I sucked kinda...in the very beginning. But I met a friend and continued playing. By the time I hit 60's my personal life ceased to exist T_T
It sucks that you didn't stick around... D2 becomes awesome... you probably just felt a little newbish cuz everyone had their high chars and you seemed to be the only noob around =/

Hacks killed it and nighttime lag killed d2...

see, d2, like red alert, takes a concept and simplifies it. Yeah, in RA1 all you did was make tanks, in d2, all you do supposedly, is "point and click"... that's the thing, so does everyone else!
So to win, you have to continue pushing yourself to use your tanks better. A newb in RA loses a tank and goes like, whatever. A pro loses a tank and goes like "sh!t!".

This game is like an FPS, just more annoying to play (para+stealth) with unbalanced classes and really annoying reticle system (1 reason I liked a monk)...
Reticle is pretty annoying. It's like "I am teh mast0r aim0r... oh wait. i didnt read 5 pages of bullsh!t, so either my aiming sucks no matter how good I am, or my evasion is really horrible and I die in 2 hits"

Alpha-Omega
04-11-03, 17:18
Freespace is more starlancer than descent

As for Patch 1.10? I've played diablo 2 online since the very day it was released in the UK!!!

D2 classic WAS better but D2 is no MMO, it's just an ORPG and not much in the way of RP goes on there!!!

As for the PvP system on D2? It is perfect. No PVP at lvl 9 or below, to kill someone you gotta first go hostile to em (gives em a warning).

Omnituens
04-11-03, 20:33
D2C was better, but i liked the items and runewords added by the exp.

WC3 and SC are also excellent Blizzard games.

@Rizzy: i would play D2, but my install disc is knackered.

i'll have to keep playing warcraft III instead.

What I have noticed is that Blizzard added anti hax and shit. but wouldnt you rather add the fix as soon as it is discovered? i remember when ultima mods were added, but KK didnt hotfix this out (which is what i expected to happen).

Is there a reason for this?

I also found a webpage, listing known exploits and how to avoid them for DII. With all the 'is this hax?' questions, this should be made for NC and linked to in the launcher.

but then again, i dont think KK has the manpower to enforce the rules on all the servers to stop ppl exploiting :(

t0tt3
04-11-03, 22:44
Originally posted by -FN-
Do you have any idea how many years, yes I mean years, that patch took to come out?

well I would say months.. what should you say about DoY? Thats a expantion and not a patch... geez

The thing why it took so long where they wanted to beta test the patch for over a month or two "if not longer" And what I have seen its even more fun now even harder and yes more items and runewords..

So dont say it took long time or ask your selfe how long you waited for DoY? :rolleyes:

t0tt3
04-11-03, 22:57
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
LOL Blizz is successful?

Why where BW the only tour RTS game in the world?
Only game that took over where thier own baby wc3.
The thing is Blizz can balance the game so nice.

Thats why BW survived so long. So many strats and shit hell just d/l the replays and watch damn koreans so damn fast like they have use 3 mice and 5 keyboards. Thier UC are so damn sweet to se. I have played all westwoods RTS games and there is one point they lack of.. pure unit control

The units are so dumb so you need to click 500 times and watch over them to make them go from A to B its sooo lol.

C&C Generals where good but still WC3 are lightyears ahead.
I wouldnt be surprise if the started to rule the MMORPG market
Everything they look on turnes to gold.

Why I started to play NC where easy high end FPS mmorpg that looked and was a awsome idea to bad there where so little to do when you where capped =( Becasue the PvP aint THAT good if I want some real good PvP, then I can start Quake or CS less lag but hey its a MMORPG so I cant compare the games maybe NC came a bit to early to make it as good as it could be, in 5 - 10 years maybe?

QuantumDelta
04-11-03, 23:21
Originally posted by Richard Slade
QD the only strategy in RTS games I've found useful
was given to me by a good friend of mine
(Whom you all know on pluto if ur ol' timers but I won't tell who:p )
It's simple and it works:
Hoarding
There is NO strategy game that fella hasn't whipped up with that strategy
Never fails. And so goes for FS2 too
If u just got enough they can't stop you.
.....FS2.... resources....?
You haven't even played it have you... o_O
If it's AI I could take out an entire fleet, on my own, providing the FRED(Game level designer) tags for the ship isn't "massive damage" (capital ships can be set to be unkillable to a fighter, and only destroyable by the heaviest of weaponry).

RTS - Resource Control is always an important thing, however, if you were to try resource control in a game like generals, you'd just get rushed, and killed, because you're too busy with other tasks.

Red Alert was pretty much the ultimate RTS until you add the shite that came in the two addons.

Originally posted by StoneRayne
By 1vX you mean against computer enemies? I'm talking mostly for PvP... although I did love d2's PvM system, but usually its only if you're doing it coop..it can become a bit drag if you solo it for too long.
I was talking PvP as well, 1vX, in terms of "PvM" ....in freespace... the difference between a "newb(Pilot A)" "Good Player(Pilot B)" "Veteran(Pilot C)" and "QD or BD(D)" was this;
Pilot A Comes away with a kill or two, maybe.
Pilot B Comes away with 10 kills.
Pilot C Comes away with up to and around 50 kills.
Pilot D Comes away with every kill in the mission subtract possible kills gained by competitor pilots.

In PvP

Pilot A Comes away with 0 % Accuracy and 0 kills, and 16 deaths.
Pilot B Comes away with 2 % Accuracy and maybe a kill.
Pilot C Comes away with a few kills, sometimes as many as 10.
Pilot D Kills everything and bitches that they died more than once, being pissed off at how they could screw up.

In Terms of 1vX I mean, me or BD verses anything.
.....Anything.
You wanna get the game and bring your WHOLE Neocron to queue up and fight, go ahead, the two of us combined shouldn't have much of a problem...
Simply the reasoning is;
Once you have truly mastered this game (which I admit, although we by all measures anyone else could put to it...did everything..., BD and I both felt there was more we could have done, however our time was up, and our #1 and #2 spot would never be "taken" so we gave them away), nothing can hit you unless you let it hit you, it does really give a matrix feel to it :p
There is no Counter Strike "luck" there is only lapses of player skill, there is only, mistakes.
It sounds egotistical, but that is the life of a Pilot :p

I never tried or heard of freespace until I met you, what is it like? Space sim? Like descent? Just warnin, I never liked descent heh =/ Or is it different?
It's based on the descent engine....but...it's completely different.. I didn't particularly like D1/2/3 either, but FS1/2 is more like how descent should have been.

Oh and... lvl20s in d2 is that spot where I almost quit cuz I sucked kinda...in the very beginning. But I met a friend and continued playing. By the time I hit 60's my personal life ceased to exist T_T
*Looks at neocron*
*Looks at the tatters of his life*
o_O

It sucks that you didn't stick around... D2 becomes awesome... you probably just felt a little newbish cuz everyone had their high chars and you seemed to be the only noob around =/
Indeed, competing with those people was interesting, but not wholely entertaining...

Hacks killed it and nighttime lag killed d2...
Primary reason why I said fuck it, because I refuse, to hack a game more than PJs Scripts in Tribes2, ever, in terms of competition anyway.
(FreeSpace1 had basically no hacking security...one time for fun I redesigned my ship to fly around at 1000000 had the mass of a destroyer, and the firepower of the biggest ship in the game..and...well nearly invulnerable shields :p)
It was amusing, but nothing really more than a side show for an event we did...

see, d2, like red alert, takes a concept and simplifies it. Yeah, in RA1 all you did was make tanks, in d2, all you do supposedly, is "point and click"... that's the thing, so does everyone else!

Indeed, however Neocron and FreeSpace2 are far more complex and still enjoy the same mastery and balance as close as it comes.
Everyone will bitch about PPUs, but seriously, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Neocron is now, no longer set around the basis of teamwork.... and yet, there is one character class out of all of the character classes, that remains and was originally and still, is designed to be the ultimate in team work, it's natural in a game, that demands team work as much as PvP in Neocron at Op wars does, that the PPU would be God.

However, that does not advocate some of the things the PPU can do.

So to win, you have to continue pushing yourself to use your tanks better. A newb in RA loses a tank and goes like, whatever. A pro loses a tank and goes like "sh!t!".
Heh, in FS2 we used to scale our skill... we'd start off flying with one hand, or just not paying attention..doing stupid things, or holding RL conversations, or whatever...
until we died.
Then we'd take it up to player B.
Until we died.
Then we'd take it up to player C.
Until we died.
Then we'd take it up to a level between C and D.
Until we occasionally died....
Then we'd take it up to very close to D...
Then no one could touch us...

This game is like an FPS, just more annoying to play (para+stealth) with unbalanced classes and really annoying reticle system (1 reason I liked a monk)...
Stealth is a viable counter for Para :p
But yar, like I said above^

Reticle is pretty annoying. It's like "I am teh mast0r aim0r... oh wait. i didnt read 5 pages of bullsh!t, so either my aiming sucks no matter how good I am, or my evasion is really horrible and I die in 2 hits"

Oddly enough, the reticle has made me better at every other FPS I have ever played, because now I am much more focused on accuracy instead of estimation and prediction (Tribes2 was very "You don't aim to be accurate, you aim to manipulate, and control."

Meh..