PDA

View Full Version : Shelter Sanctum and Group Shelter....broken?

RayBob
03-11-03, 20:34
Did some testing using a Holy Shelter, Holy Group Shelter, and Holy Shelter Sanctum----all with capped 576% damage.

The character takes 10-12% more damage with group versus individual shelter and more than double damage (!!!) with sanctum. Once again, the damage is capped on all 3 versions of Holy Shelter so I was wondering if this is an intentional feature or are these spells bugged? Capping damage on the group and sanctum versions of Holy Shelter is very difficult to do and yet they seem to suck.

Ray

Stigmata
03-11-03, 20:43
its not a bug its a feature

Andy

\\Fényx//
03-11-03, 20:44
aww shit ray, all that bloody effort into making those 4 and 5 slotters aswell as the ultimas O_o

RayBob
03-11-03, 20:49
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
aww shit ray, all that bloody effort into making those 4 and 5 slotters aswell as the ultimas O_o
Tell me about it. Five slot ultimated group and five slot ultimated sanctum and they are shitty. Oh well, they look pretty.

Doc Holliday
03-11-03, 20:51
groups not sposed to be as powerful as single shelter and sanctum sucks balls blatantly and shouldnt be used. what else do u need to know :p

RayBob
03-11-03, 21:00
Originally posted by Doc Holliday
groups not sposed to be as powerful as single shelter and sanctum sucks balls blatantly and shouldnt be used. what else do u need to know :p
What else do I want to know? Why did KK bother making a TL 102 and TL 105 spell if they are worse than a TL 95 spell? Getting high slots and capping the damage on these spells is very difficult to do and yet pointless. I really don't think KK intended it to be that way but I have no expectation that they will ever fix it.

SorkZmok
03-11-03, 21:13
Originally posted by RayBob
What else do I want to know? Why did KK bother making a TL 102 and TL 105 spell if they are worse than a TL 95 spell?
Well holy group spells still help a lot in big opfights as you dont have to cast S/D on everyone, just make em gather around, 2 casts and you're done.

ino
03-11-03, 22:47
The group spells should not be as efficiant as the singel more hard to hit with spell..

Imagine the whine of ppl if holy grp shelter would be as effective as the singel shelt..

They are in the game to reduce the mana wasted when buffing alot of ppl, but with the cost of them beeing slightly less efficiant than the singel one. Shelter sanctums or sanctums allaround except for heal sanct I dont use... I dont use grp spells either and I hate ppl who use them at lvl spots aswell. The mobs always gets thoose damn shelters on them making it take like an hour to kill them.

But anyways they are in game to help reduce the mana waste of the ppu when having to buff lots of ppl.

Scikar
03-11-03, 23:55
Sanctums have to be reduced in effectiveness because you can't antibuff a sanctum.

ino
04-11-03, 00:06
Well that too. But mainly it has be to because it's not supposed to be as efficiant as the singel shelter. Just something to use when there is a large number of ppl that wants shelters and shit.