PDA

View Full Version : Droner "Power Armor"

SeXy Happy
03-11-03, 20:02
When are we going to see the Droner "power armor" or helmet or whatever was decided. There was supposed to be something coming out for us per what Callash had said. I even PM'ed him on this. But have heard nothing back.

Can we get an official response on what is going on with this? Please?

Omnituens
03-11-03, 20:08
Callash's PM has been disabled.

and for when Droner's version of PA comes out, read the sig.

SeXy Happy
03-11-03, 20:09
Thanks DaVinci!

Leebzie
03-11-03, 20:26
Guess that ones out of the question then :p

RayBob
03-11-03, 20:38
LoM to rifles. :lol: :lol:

After 9 months of droning (6 months fully capped), I LoMed to rifles 2 weeks ago and love it.

Ray

Maarten
03-11-03, 22:07
Droners don't need a Power Armor. They don't need even more RCL. They need a whole kind of different boost.

Jaggeh
03-11-03, 22:37
what droners need and i have said it before is this

Build caps removed
skill caps removed
drone not in team bug removed

i mean a psi can cap his spell over 500% WTF, how unbalancing is that, when a holy energy halo's base damage is the same as a Punisher (err like 70 TLs in the difference) there is something seriously screwy

plus heavy drones need to have thier weight restrictions removed, punishers should be able to fly just as high as a pn and just as fast.

i LOVE being a droner, but the only time i get ANY fun out of it is during opfights and even then only through harrassment.

i dont think there has been a single battle that was pivotal to a droner, wheras i can lose count of how many times a sniper/apu/ppu/tank has turned the tide.

tbh i dont give a shit about para spammers or tl3 healers or noob buffers, thats all tactics. fucking deal with it. PPU's are fine, droners need a LOT of work.

Duder
03-11-03, 22:59
This is how the Droner PA should look like.

http://www.ursanity.com/2262/catwalk/images/r2d2.jpg

Jaggeh
03-11-03, 23:00
thats cute

^______^

i want my puppy blender to look like that

Duder
03-11-03, 23:02
Notice how protected the Droner is now and how the droner launches his/her drones out!

~*~ =^___^ = ~*~

Jaggeh
03-11-03, 23:04
is it mobile?

can it move around randomly like DOY bots?

or better yet how about droners hide inside DOY bots?

or remove the droner class?

Mr_Snow
03-11-03, 23:20
Originally posted by Jaggeh
tbh i dont give a shit about para spammers or tl3 healers or noob buffers, thats all tactics. fucking deal with it. PPU's are fine, droners need a LOT of work.

Ah the constructiveness, Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh my class isnt uber, I wanna be uber waaaaaaaaaahh, I dont care about anything else waaaaaahh.

Yes droners need work everyone admits that and KK needs to get off their ass and fix them again everyone admits that but since droners are probably the most uncommon class so they arent the biggest priority, para spamming isnt tactics its stupidity and just because it doesnt effect you doesnt mean its not impotrtant in op wars because it effects more then 90% of the people who got to op wars and even the god damn ppus admit paras should be removed but will be used until they are removed so leave your little self-centered universe and try see the big picture and maybe you will see some perspective on the major problems in the game that effect the majority not the minor ones that only effect a few people.

Jaggeh
03-11-03, 23:21
any idea why droners are uncommon?

and im not being self centered

i have a capped character of each classthats what 4 char servers are for.

but tbh i dont see a problem with ppu's, only a bunch of hormonal idiots shouting weh weh weh swing teh nerf hammer

Mr_Snow
03-11-03, 23:21
Because its so so boring and I have a high level one before you ask.

Seezur001
03-11-03, 23:35
Originally posted by Mr_Snow
Because its so so boring and I have a high level one before you ask.

dont see how thats possible with a "cancelled account"

[EDIT]

I had a droner for a while, i liked it a good bit, was a break from the norm. Drones need fixing and IMO para isnt that bad either, its pretty easy to counter it with the anti shock drugs they have.

Mr_Snow
04-11-03, 00:25
Originally posted by Seezur001
dont see how thats possible with a "cancelled account"

Well you know when you pay for 3 months but cancel when you still have 2 months left? Thats what I have atm so i still have access to my characters so therefore I still have a high level droner.

Ehyuko
04-11-03, 02:37
Drones and Droners need a rework on par if not greater then ppus. There are too many disadvantages to being a droner and NO advantages, it's more costly, dangerous [except for pistol spies with Kami chips in them :rolleyes:], less rewarding and effective then ANY other class.

Even the xp gain on drones is less then the xp gain on riflers due to riflers being able to put out more damage, FASTER then a droner with less downtime. This has long been the ideal reason for being a droner.. faster leveling... but if riflers gain xp as fast as a droner... and pistols have about the same xp gain, where has this advantage gone?

Although I could make a difference with drones, I make a MUCH larger difference with rifles, and I just started using them with little idea of how to play a rifler!

I've only run into ONE situation where I'd still perfer to be a droner [besides the fact I liked droning more then sniping], and that's when getting paraspamed at close range with a ppu running true sight sanctum, THEN I could have used some of those revenges... but it would likely have just killed me first :(.

Drones SHOULD be made a killer class, they have less defenses then apus/spies, less mobility, lower number of effective situations in which drones can be used and have always been this way... with only the declaration by a Reakktor representitive that something would be done... soon... how many months ago?.

Interestingly enough, the disruptor and PN do very close to the same damage when capped, the only difference is a PN has a RoF of about 100 and the disruptor has a RoF of 220+ while having a longer firing range, do the math and figure why most droners have switched to rifles, rerolled to another class or have quit NC altogether.

Edit: Haha forgot to add, how long does it take to go through a disruptor compared to a similar use in PNs? I've had mine for 4-5 op fights, it's lost about 20% condition in that time... that would have used between 24-36 PN's.

-FN-
04-11-03, 05:13
Originally posted by Callash
I hope you droner guys will have the patience to wait for me trying to sort you out. A retail patch is imminent though, so for now, I just had to decide somehow. If my plans work, you will get your PA. Hell, if my plans work, most people will be screaming "BOOYA", trust me on that one. But right now, I am asking for a bit more patience. I know you're upset and disappointed now. Give me a chance to make it up for you.

That was his last reply... back in September :(

Ryuben
04-11-03, 05:36
Originally posted by -FN-
That was his last reply... back in September :(

soon (tm)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BlackDove
04-11-03, 06:05
Droners are overpowered. God forbid you gave them a PA. Then they're actually USEFUL!!!

Jaggeh
04-11-03, 12:22
PA wont make droners useful in any way.

when i swapped out my SF for a riggers dream and got the RMC and WPW boost wanna know what i got?

against warbots 2 extra damage per shot from my PN :lol:
and an extra 1k range (not that much at all)

so what i wear power armor get another 1 or 2 damage, woot that means i can do feck all quicker.

and i am not going to let kk force me into thier ideal state (which is rifles btw) my first character ever was a droner and my current character is a droner and will stay a droner.

just have to sit by and watch the opfights come and go while APU's are able to outrange my drones and kill them in 1 hit.

another thing, this should be added, every time someone empties a clip give them 5% si...........

Velvet
04-11-03, 12:30
Drones will get vehicle armour and +50% on speed and damage. Droners will not be seen in the local window and and and...
/me will be very happy.
It`s the mighty X-mas update!!:D

Jaggeh
04-11-03, 12:33
giving drones equivalent armor to the same TL VHC's would be a start to making drones usefu at opwars.

however thier damage output needs to be altered, drastically.

making them last longer in a fight is all well and good but when they cant even kill an unbuffed tank before his ppu can heal him.........
oh well.

BlackDove
04-11-03, 12:39
Droner in basis needs to have the option of taking off any HP in three hits (last drone - Particle Nemesis I think) on an unbuffed character. The first one should alert the player, second should tell him to buff his shit up or heal FAST, and the third would not be fatal if the dumbass got buffed or hid from the drone somewhere (or god forbid managed to maticulously aim it and blow it to peices).

Only THAT (well more or less, it doesn't have to be EXACTLY like the above, but damn similar) would make them worthwhile really.

Al3X
04-11-03, 12:45
my first char was a droner...
ive been a droner for a long long time
but right now, droning is quiet... well.. useless.. especially in op fights... they costs a lot to construct, they got toiletpaperarmor and they barely do any damage compared to their TL-mates :rolleyes:
oow btw for those "DRONERS ARE OVERPOWERED" types:
if your cursed soul could only be 79% in all stats MAX, then you would whine too! cause thats ridicilously low! ever tried to get 178% on the highest tl drone? good luck.. you wont make it... unless you drug up to hell and back and got MC5 rigger & rigger MAYBE. but the most players cant afford mc5 chips (and i havent seen a rigger so far too...)
so better think twice before saying stupid things like "droners need boosts!" "droners are ok the way they are" or "omg droners dont need pa! they are uber already"
*grrrrrrrrrr* :mad:

garyu69
04-11-03, 15:55
I don't like droners.
I can never hit the little bastards.

:mad:

Velvet
04-11-03, 16:11
Originally posted by garyu69
I don't like droners.
I can never hit the little bastards.
:mad:

We are square.:p
I can`t hurt you:mad:

garyu69
04-11-03, 16:14
I spent ages one day up at MB trying to Shoot down a drone that was PK'ing.

Could not hit it at all, ended up having to keep jumping on my hover and running to the bunker, Health up and then try again.

It resulted in me finding the droner who hoped on a hover and i chased him, was just Like Star Wars Return of the Jedi, when they were going through the forest.

I still hate Droners.
Droners > garyu69
:(

shenten
04-11-03, 16:41
- Remove quality capp on build drones
- Remove grayed screen when hit (plz imagine this on other char)
- PA that make us stealthed while droning, if drone explode = n% synaptic, then can't stealth anymore until 0% synap reached.
- Gives a little boost regarding drone's armor.
- Let's AOE drones move faster, not like attack drones but faster plz :p

With this fire power should be ok as it is (no one kill someone buffed easily, specially ppu). We have to gimp ourselves regarding stealth/agility but that is the tradeoff for better firepower I guess.

I know not all the stuff can be done, but some of these would help a lot.

A PA with extra RCL/TC wouldn't change anything regarding droner problems, we would get closer to 80% build drones cap, but they would still blow up in no time, being lost so easily etc....

For those telling us we can build our rares: this so easy to loose them and because of build capp the only way to have decent fire power is to use drones build from rare parts: A) they don't do uber damage , PN capped is a laugh B) If you loose it , you cry ...it is so easy to loose them.

Using drone is like playing with open slot 1
- you die , you loose your rare
- the drone get stuck in an op : you loose your rare
- FRE: you loose your rare

Let's face it: imagine an APU tht whenever he dies, drope his holy lightning on the group where anyone can take it.

That is droner life.

Gimme HL fire power, and a big yellow arrow that points you my position, and the fact I won't loose the drone if I die. And that would make us equal.

For those saying we are uber :D, it is monkacron not droncron that many people are complaining about :p lol

Mr_Snow
04-11-03, 18:50
Drones need beefing up no to be made invincible.
Give drones the same armour as vehicles?Have you seen how much armour vehicles have these days apu ppu combos have a hard time killing rhinos these days now make them tiny and hard to target you got basicaly a semi-invincible weapon.

In saying this drones are waaaaayy too weak but we dont want to go too far.

Make droners stealthed when droning?

Only monks can kill drones atm so all other classes really have to hunt down the droner making them invisible would suck ass.A decent compromise would be to remove their names from local so they can find a good hiding spot.

Rare drones capping at 79%.

Thats actually wrong rare drones cap at 120% bps made from the rare drone cap at 79%. Uncap bped rare drones when all caps are removed and CS's and PE's are BPable(which will never happen) until then dont complain about having an unlimited amount of high level equipment which you can readily replace if destroyed or dropped in a qb which isnt an option for everyone else.

I do agree with removing SI when a drone is destroyed and I agree that the annoying fuzzyness should be taken out when hit.

shenten
04-11-03, 18:58
[B]Drones need beefing up no to be made invincible.
Give drones the same armour as vehicles

I agree, they need armor but not as much as a rhino :)

Make droners stealthed when droning?

Only monks can kill drones atm so all other classes really have to hunt down the droner making them invisible would suck ass.A decent compromise would be to remove their names from local so they can find a good hiding spot.

In fact, you are right, it is just that the stealthed thing allows you to stay not too far from your m8s instead of being 16km away. But in the end, you are right. Local remove would be good enough.

I do agree with removing SI when a drone is destroyed and I agree that the annoying fuzzyness should be taken out when hit.
KK you heard it ? plz :p That would be a really really good start and take no time to implement.

Al3X
04-11-03, 19:16
well a power armor that would make you invisible/remove from local
req: rcl/class:spy
adds: rcl/dex
downsides: it sticks you to the ground..

so..
when you put your armor on you cant move.. so you can only be invisible when you are droning, not for running around etc
pa name?
"the silent tree" :D

SeXy Happy
04-11-03, 19:17

Thats actually wrong ... until then dont complain about having an unlimited amount of high level equipment which you can readily replace if destroyed or dropped in a qb which isnt an option for everyone else.

Yes but it is an option for us because of the fact that our weapons get cut like butter and are unusable really quickly. If you were to have your weapons cap dropped and then made it to where it was getting damage constantly how would you feel? You would want to be able to bp it.

But just because its out "high level weapon" doesn't make it worth a damn. A PN has equal stats to a weapon that isnt a rare. It just doesn't make any sense at all. We need damage raised or the cap on the drones raised. I don't like being able to have a 80% quality weapon constantly.

It has been said already. Too many disadvantages and not enough advantages. Only good advantage is if I hide I don't die. Of course the disadvantage to that is that I have to truck my drone all the way to battle, after my other one died to quickly, replacing it with another one that was bped to unsatisfactory condition.

Please help the droners. One of the very fun classes that needs help!!

Where is the love that was promised to us? Patience is a droners art, but mine is starting to run thin as we have not had any word that we are even being considered anymore.

gizmojack
04-11-03, 19:23
I dun think a Droner Power Armour will help unless it enhances my hiding abilities. For example, the armour could have a camoflague (not stealth) effect, that helps u blend in with the environment around you. This should activate once u launch your drone.

On another note, I think drone damage is not the issue. Considering the flying range of my PN, the damage is pretty reasonable. Dun forget that the immense flying range of your drones is godly. A Snipers range can't hold a candle to your drones. Range is your best advantage, abuse it.

Its the TYPE of damage i need changed. I need more damage type variety for TL 100+ drones. PN (being energy-based damage) juz doesn't cut it against PPU monks. Wheres my fire/poison/force/piercing/x-ray damage after TL 100+? Give me a TL 100+ Machine Gun (Force/peircing) Drone, and i'll have a chance against a PPU.

However, I do agree that the "fuzz" should be removed totally.
Its damn annoying.

-Giz :cool:

Mr_Snow
04-11-03, 19:27
@Shenten you took my post out of context I was saying drones shouldnt have as much armour as vehicles and in future dont quote only parts of what I say.

@Sexy add slots so theycan be given mods maybe make it so you can add multiples of the same mod but no removing build caps from bps without doing it for all weapons and you dont go around seeing pistols PES complaining about having a cap on blacksuns do you even though most of them use them atm and yes they can be modded which is why I suggested slots.

gizmojack
04-11-03, 19:30
Hey snow you happen to have a droner on Saturn?

Mr_Snow
04-11-03, 19:33
No shes on uranus but have 3 low level pistol spies(real spies) there.

shenten
04-11-03, 19:45
@Shenten you took my post out of context I was saying drones shouldnt have as much armour as vehicles and in future dont quote only parts of what I say.

Sorry misunterstood you.

SeXy Happy
04-11-03, 19:59
Slots would be good, but what gizmo suggested is good too. Perhaps more of a variety is needed. I personally think that armor would be better than anything. Armor for your drones I mean. The damage is ok, but its fecking annoying as all hell to have your drone last 2 seconds.

Give us better armor on our drones and some more variety of weapon damage and that would be good. I would still like some sort of armor that benefits droners in a droner love kind of way. Such as the camo thing would work well. Or at least to have your name disappear from the local list. That would be good.

maver!ck
04-11-03, 20:07
I think, we need a drivers' power armor.

craio
04-11-03, 20:23
About vehicle armor thing:
Sure give drones vehicle armor ,but then is gets a defence as strong as a rhino some say... did the thought ever cross your minds that the rhino is strong because it also has atleast 12000 hp?

About slots:
a)Would make drones more expensive.
b)A drone with slots would blow up as fast as one without.
c)Slots would probably become a must like all the other weapons/rares that are considered useless wihout slots,which results in even more drones needed built.
d)How would you feel when your 5slot mainweapon explodes at the start of an op fight?

About the rares:
There's probably not a single droner that would take his/her -with parts made- PN to an op fight.Because it has the lifespan of a CA in tg canyon.Everytime you drop it it loses 5% condition its a tl 116 weapon so you'll need good repper to get it decently repped not to mention lube.

What would help:
-Like said before remove the fuzzy screen
-Increase the cap and damage output
-Maybe make the rares return to your goga or inv when exploding ,just like a Reveler returns to the depot.
Make it so that it loses 5 % condition when it explodes and 1% when dropped to the ground.But only explosion due to ennemy fire counts (to exclude the Revenge).Why is a revenge a rare anyway?

Jaggeh
04-11-03, 23:04
Maybe make the rares return to your goga or inv when exploding ,just like a Reveler returns to the depot.
Make it so that it loses 5 % condition when it explodes and 1% when dropped to the ground.But only explosion due to ennemy fire counts (to exclude the Revenge).Why is a revenge a rare anyway?

if that was to be the case then you would have to remove the bpable function to rare drones, and if you do that i know at least 3 tradeskillers who are gonna go bankrupt :P

as it is im lomming repair to VHC to fill a niche in my clan, so i need a researcher, a constructor and a repairer from now on.

i have a decent stock of drones to keep me going tho :P

Ehyuko
05-11-03, 01:52
A Snipers range can't hold a candle to your drones
Ow, Gizmo... even pistols have a longer FIRING range then a drone, the distance to your target doesn't matter much when you hit them barely hard enough that they notice... but so slowly a TL3 heal and a bit of dodging can outheal your damage.

One of the worst disadvantages droners have right now is the firing range limit on their drones, anyone remember back in or before December when a PB-20 had range just slightly less then a rifle? Still we had to get close to shoot people because of the angle limitation in 1st person mode and the self target bug in 3rd person mode [finally fixed a few months ago - by MISTAKE :mad:], meaning for a drone to hit you, all you had to do is turn around and OMG A DRONE LOL, because at that time drone damage was pretty sad in comparison to most other weapons.

To be blunt, drone range is great... to stop a droner from dying FAST, too bad with the amazing runspeed everone has now, the miserable fire rate, the upping of damage percentage on heals, etc. it just takes people a little longer to find you. One of the bad points of being a combat droner is you have no idea of what's going on near your body... and if you stay to watch it, it's a shining beacon to your death.

Myself and many other people whom are serious droners [over 3 months] would love to give constructive advice and have been trying to, if any Reakktor employees want to set up a meeting or balancing group, I'd so love to be there. Like I said earlier, the drone system needs a huge tweak or a complete overhaul as it's not one thing that's wrong with drones, but many, many, many little things that still make me go OMG A DRONE LOL. :(

Edit: I should add in that different damage types on drones and the removal of the visual impairment are also things I agree with.

Mr_Snow
05-11-03, 02:15
Drones get owned by basically every mob but the snakes in the graves and the mobs in swamp caves, this has to be changed to make drones really viable because if your on a 1 character server that character is your only way of getting rares money etc. so they have to be comparable with other classes in their ability to do so and since I use all 3 types of spy a droner cant hold a candle to a sniper spy and hes gimped to use a pain easer never mind if he ever gets his hands on a silent hunter or disrupter.

But as for drones returning to to gogo or inventory if they blow up like a reveler this is a stupid idea a reveler is an epic item and therefore irreplacable thats why it goes back to the vehicle depot whereas all drones are BPable and replaceable even if to a lower quaility and Ive stated my views on that already.

Keiron
05-11-03, 05:44
The only way I found to be effective as a droner was.... to lom. PPU's and PE's scoff at my damage, APU's nuke my drone, and Rifle Spies Snipe it with their SH. That leaves tanks (who usually pull out their TGC and hit my drone into a fuzzy X-Mas like land of drone exploding happiness) and Pistol Spies, the only class a droner can be truly effective at killing. I'm glad someone keeps those diabolical Pistol Spies in check:rolleyes:

Amano
05-11-03, 12:49
Ive recently started up a droner and was wondering if they got PA what would the negatives posibly be for it ?
as minus on athletics or certain damages isnt really going to put us off using it.

I think a temporary stealth would be great and really useful in op fights
Or how about the ability to see your body while u are still in drone mode ? Could be a 2 way link from the drone to your body as u would know when to run if u saw someone coming for your, could be shown as a little camera box on your screen (or maybe this should be something for a different class of drone and not a pa ability)

gizmojack
05-11-03, 13:04
Originally posted by Ehyuko
Ow, Gizmo... even pistols have a longer FIRING range then a drone, the distance to your target doesn't matter much when you hit them barely hard enough that they notice... but so slowly a TL3 heal and a bit of dodging can outheal your damage.

I think u misunderstood. I was referring to their flying range being uber, NOT their firing range. Like i can be 16000m away from u when i atk u with my drone.

For this reason I think the damage is fine for the great "flying" range we get , we juz need more variety on the damage types.

The reason why the damage on your particle drones seem little is because everyone has extremely high energy resistance. If u had a TL 100+ poison dart drone with the same damage of a PN, it would rock.

I do agree however that drone armour sucks and that they need to be able to take more hits + remove the fuzz. Right now drones juz blow up too fast for the amount of effort u put in to get them built.

@Keiron
Nice Trigun Avater. Rocks.

Hope this helps
-Giz :cool:

Bob Monkhouse
05-11-03, 13:21
In my experience, only our lack of different types of rare drone holds droning back from being a great pastime.

Tank vs. PN=Dead tank
PE without stealth vs. PN=Dead PE
Spy without stealth vs. PN=Very dead spy
APU vs. PN=Sometimes a dead APU, sometimes SI for me, depending on whether I achieve surprise and how good the APU is.
PPU vs. PN=Drone runs out of ammo

Even against a stealther, a PN scores a kill more often than not. The stealther is vunerable for quite a few seconds between stealths, and if you get in close, you can follow the blue haze provided the terrain is suitable, or climb high and watch for them to uncloak to heal.

The fact is we have pretty much the same problems killing PPUs and stealthers that ALL classes have ATM. Our biggest problem is the lack of a decent selection of rare drones (a RARE KAMI? Thanks but no thanks). A rare Gatlin drone would be very welcome, hell if we dont get new rares at least allow drones to have slots for ammo mods AS STANDARD.

gizmojack
05-11-03, 13:28
Originally posted by Bob Monkhouse

Tank vs. PN=Dead tank
PE without stealth vs. PN=Dead PE
Spy without stealth vs. PN=Very dead spy
APU vs. PN=Sometimes a dead APU, sometimes SI for me, depending on whether I achieve surprise and how good the APU is.
PPU vs. PN=Drone runs out of ammo

How true.