Guy from Florida US
Guy from UK - NorthEast
Guy from UK - NorthWest

Lag at the same time!

Its the servers!! so whats gonna be done about it

StryfeX
03-11-03, 19:59
Originally posted by MisterP
Its the servers!! so whats gonna be done about it?KK is going to shove large metal objects up our colons and laugh maniacally. That answer your question? :p

--Stryfe

hudsonbeck
03-11-03, 20:07
It has gotten bad reciently.
I have found it even harder to log back in now to with all the syncing and relogging... hmm
To me the lag is the most frustrating things atm.

Hudson

Omnituens
03-11-03, 20:10
Originally posted by StryfeX
KK is going to shove large metal objects up our colons and laugh maniacally. That answer your question? :p

--Stryfe
the large metal objects ARE the servers :p

g0rt
03-11-03, 20:21
I think if they found a way to cut down lag it would solve alot of OTHER problems as well.

After studying various fatal runtime errors, I have noticed that alot of the time a FATAL is due to lag.

Example: Running into plaza1 when its very busy, sometimes the game lags slightly then loads all the players in front of medicare. One time I was lagging and ran into medicare and no one was there...so I watched my modem and exactly at the instant I recieved some data, I fatal'd. There have been many other instances like this as well, where it looked although a fatal was due to LAG.

GosuSmurf
03-11-03, 20:26
i was fighting @ mb i got a ping boost (3000+) and then i got disconected (speed hack :confused: )

:wtf:

t0rqu3
03-11-03, 20:49
yeah i got a speedhack near mc5 zone.

Deanus_willis
03-11-03, 20:57
yeah i find OP fights attract FATALS. and this seems to be due to lag. Lots of your clan running from one sector to another to get to another OP you sit and prey that it wont crash between sectors
Fix lag, fix fatals i think. i could be wrong O_o

MisterP
03-11-03, 22:36
I personally think its just the crappy 3rd party servers

...you know the old...."3rd party" companies and excuses!

Traxus
03-11-03, 22:49
Also here I got a bestial lag since a week or so. And down here in Slovenia I am not that far from the servers, either. Never had any problems like this until lately.

Scikar
04-11-03, 00:36
Yes, Kk should fix the lag, being the uber internet controllers that they are. :rolleyes:

Just because more than one person lags at the same time doesn't mean it's the server. Everything on the internet was slowed down at the same time by the MSBLASTER worm, could KK do anything about that?

StryfeX
04-11-03, 00:48
Originally posted by Scikar
Yes, Kk should fix the lag, being the uber internet controllers that they are. :rolleyes:

Just because more than one person lags at the same time doesn't mean it's the server. Everything on the internet was slowed down at the same time by the MSBLASTER worm, could KK do anything about that? Don't be such an ass... It may not be entirely KK's fault, but when multiple people lag near the same time from different places, on different connections, and don't lag in anything else, I don't see how it *couldn't* be KK's or Level 3's fault.

For example, I've had these super-lag effects in which I don't actually get a high ping, but I can't put my gun away, zone, fire, reload, open doors, *ANYTHING* for upwards of 30 seconds at a time, BUT I can still take damage and get healed (by other people). And if I run a non-stop ping of the servers (1 per second, 32 bytes in size), I get responses during the entire episode of not being able to do jack shit.

It's annoying the hell out of me because NC is the ONLY place this happens. Not when I'm surfing, not when I'm playong other games. Only in NC.

I just hope I can get a CC soon so I can get FFXI...

--Stryfe

Scikar
04-11-03, 00:58
If I could see someone showing clearly that the fault is at KK's end and nowhere in between, then fair enough. However all I've seen so far is, "I get lag, he gets lag, therefore it's KK's fault, and they should fix it now because I say so."

Try being stuck on a 56k like me where it takes a quarter of a second just to change weapon, or reload, or even see someone attacking you, or when you attack someone they run behind a wall and the server decides you didn't hit them, or you can't hit anything at all ever in melee, and you might have a different perspective on people crying that their ping has gone up to 120ms.

StryfeX
04-11-03, 01:08
Originally posted by Scikar
If I could see someone showing clearly that the fault is at KK's end and nowhere in between, then fair enough. However all I've seen so far is, "I get lag, he gets lag, therefore it's KK's fault, and they should fix it now because I say so."

Try being stuck on a 56k like me where it takes a quarter of a second just to change weapon, or reload, or even see someone attacking you, or when you attack someone they run behind a wall and the server decides you didn't hit them, or you can't hit anything at all ever in melee, and you might have a different perspective on people crying that their ping has gone up to 120ms. Pfft... I have 150 ms at the minimum... But I do know what you 56gay'ers (A note to the mods: I'm reffering to the speed, not the people that use it) are goin' through as at times Comcast decides it wants to bite the weeny and go uber slow. But then at least it shows up in pings. o_O

--Stryfe

MisterP
04-11-03, 01:21
So no official or GM response yet :rolleyes:

Ryuben
05-11-03, 13:40
u expected one?:rolleyes:

MisterP
05-11-03, 13:56
Wud have been nice anyways :wtf: