PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain SYMP...?

Viduus[JBX]
03-11-03, 19:05
I don't get it.

PP is hostile to NEXT, so everyone needing PP symp heads over there and blasts a few NPCs, gets some symp, and ta-da! they're happy.

If you kill an NPC for, say, BD, you lose symp to all factions they're cozy with, but gain to their prime enemy... and suffer no SL hit.

So I needed to raise my symp for BioTech (after a couple bad mission kills it ended up @ neg 50 heh) so I head on over to Tangent, who is supposed to be their "most odious rival", and fry an npc there with an E-Beam... and my SL goes from 64 to -11, and I lose symp to like 5 factions, and gain none at all to BioTech...?

What did I miss?

redjacket
03-11-03, 19:09
you are confusing this game with a game that uses something called "Logic"...

why dont you just do missions for the rest of your life? That's the official way of doing this ya know...

Viduus[JBX]
03-11-03, 19:14
Can't do a mission for symp when your symp is negative to that faction.... :o

StryfeX
03-11-03, 19:17
What faction are you currently, Viduus?

You can only kill hostile NPCs without losing SL. So if you're PP and kill a BioTech NPC, expect your SoulLight to drop like a brick because you are supposed to be allies with BT.

--Stryfe

redjacket
03-11-03, 19:18
Originally posted by Viduus[JBX]
Can't do a mission for symp when your symp is negative to that faction.... :o how dare you spot my inability to remember simple things like that and make random statements out of my ass...

basically when you get the the point of neg symp... your f0rk3d... cause as far as i remember, killing any NPC gives you neg SL, even total enemies, as i have done exactly what you did once before, cause my symp hit like... -10... dunno how it went back up... something about a sheep and some strange man in a white bra... or bro... depending on if you watch stupid sitcoms... but i had like -12 SL for a while... after forever it climbed back up to 10... then eventaully hit my top 32...

ericdraven
03-11-03, 19:30
If you are at -50 symp. you have to kill MANY MANY NPCs to get it back to 10.
I think at -50 it's around 3 kills / point.
The only number which i have in my head at the moment is that you have to kill 408 times if you want to get rid of -99 faction sympathy. ;)

jernau
03-11-03, 19:40
Originally posted by ericdraven
The only number which i have in my head at the moment is that you have to kill 408 times if you want to get rid of -99 faction sympathy. ;)

At which point every single other faction is at -99?

ericdraven
03-11-03, 19:41
Originally posted by jernau
At which point every single other faction is at -99?
Depends of the faction. :p

If you do it with TWG then most of the other factions will end up at 100. ;)

Viduus[JBX]
03-11-03, 19:56
Thanks, that clears things up a bit.

I'm NEXT atm, doing the tour of Epics, trying to finish them all... 7 done so far...

TT is supposed to be an ally. meh, bad move I guess... live'n'learn...

Guess I'll be doing the BT epic last :0 lol

jernau
03-11-03, 21:07
After all the ERs, a few accidents, a lot of bugs and one particular "incident" in DRE I ended up with pretty ghastly sympathies a while back.

I just left my PC logged in for a week or so and they sorted themselves out.

AFAIK that will still work.

ericdraven
03-11-03, 23:39
After all the ERs, a few accidents, a lot of bugs and one particular "incident" in DRE I ended up with pretty ghastly sympathies a while back.

I just left my PC logged in for a week or so and they sorted themselves out.

AFAIK that will still work.
Yes, it does. But to fix a symp. of -99 it takes more than one week.. o_O

jernau
03-11-03, 23:40
Yes, it does. But to fix a symp. of -99 it takes more than one week.. o_O

Yeah, I wasn't that "bad".

-50 was about my worst IIRC.

ericdraven
03-11-03, 23:57
Yeah, I wasn't that "bad".

-50 was about my worst IIRC.
And IIRC it was near three weeks to get rid of -99 symp, heh...

jernau
03-11-03, 23:58
And IIRC it was near three weeks to get rid of -99 symp, heh...

youch

Sounds about right though. It seems to get harder in lumps of 16.