PDA

View Full Version : Need some input from experienced monks

Rizzy
03-11-03, 18:13
I've been a bit bored recently in neocron with the typical setups for characters so I've decided to have a little play around with an idea. Basically I'm going to try and use a psi kami chip in a hybrid monk, I know it is not easy, the energy negative hits badly but here is a very very rought setup I have came up with, tell me some thoughts on it.

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/15728hybrid.JPG

The figures shown are buffed with spy 3 / melee 3 / heat 3

I don't want to be switching pa really. Except I might use the ppu one to s/d with. The apu/ppu values are very rough and it sucks not being able to use heavy energy belt :p The con / str setups are pretty much finalised unless someone suggests an implant / buff change. I decided to use proto resistor as I can't survive with the force resist hit of an exp controller and it would be nice to have some resistance to pierce.

Stigmata
03-11-03, 18:27
Need some input from experienced monks

i think i quality for this :D

so it all looks good to me, but why have you made the PPU to 135 ? is it to get better percentages on the spells ? and what is the dmg percentage difference between having 120 ppu and 135 ppu ?

Andy

Rizzy
03-11-03, 18:29
Remember stig, apu takes away from ppu and vice versa. Overspeccing them is an attempt to try and get them equivalent to the old uber hybrid :p

\\Fényx//
03-11-03, 18:30
erm

20 hacking and 16 poke ? O_o

ezza
03-11-03, 18:31
thats from the spy boost

\\Fényx//
03-11-03, 18:32
Originally posted by ezza
thats from the spy boost

pfft.... considering i use that prog daily youd think i'd have realised that :rolleyes:

[edit]

Psst rizzy get your ass on MSN, ive noticed a problem with your detup :p

Rizzy
03-11-03, 18:49
ok quick chat with fenix and Ive changed it to this

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/46310hybrid.JPG

This allows cath sanctum. I will use ppu pa 3 to shelter and deflector and cast cath sanctum with 148 ppu and switch back to holy spirit vest.

Dribble Joy
03-11-03, 18:52
Where can I get that prog? the www.neocronnetwork.de version is... well.... in german

Heavyporker
umm..

won't the psycho chip completely annihilate your energy and force resist?!

Rizzy
so was mine till I installed it :p
porker the kami negatives have been accounted for in the total resists :)

Heavyporker
03-11-03, 18:58
the info doesn't show it :P

and personally, I think I'd just get more APU than PPU purely on the basis that even at low %s the holy stuff would crank some serious defense in your favor, so upping the damamge % would be advisable. Trying to get up somewhere near the magic point of APU would be a good idea. You might not be able to get there even with PSI Booster 3, and that isn't selfbuffable, defeating the point of a hybrid carrying that sucker around.

you still get plenty of +ppu from the PPU PA 2 dont you?

Rizzy
03-11-03, 19:03
I assure you it does show it porker. I have 114 resist in energy when buffed, that is 119 armour. Then full spirit armour which is around 172? Add them together then take away 200 and what do you get? 91 :p

Oath
03-11-03, 19:12
Kinda OT here, but i ant use the skilmanager lol, tells me MSSTDFMT.dll isnt installed on my Pc......................tis...........O_o lol theres no FAQ or bug list with it lol, mebbe i just suxxorz t3h max.

Heavyporker
04-11-03, 06:36
bugger, the pics are gone now so I cant check the numbers :P

anyways, are you sure you want your ppu above, what was it, 130 PPU? Aren't the holy stuff for PPU at 115ish PPU or what? Is that to take in the Catharsis Sanctum? I don't know if you really want to bother with that. I mean sure, maybe its pretty good but...

Consider - you're trying to load yourself up with everything humanly possible. You know the bane of PPUs is to carry the contents of an entire Crahn monastery of modules.

Perhaps, as a hybrid and with expanded capabilties, you want to simplify, to focus on basics...

Shadow Dancer
04-11-03, 06:47
Will you be switching pas?

Heavyporker
04-11-03, 06:52
he said between holy spirit vest and PPU pa

Shadow Dancer
04-11-03, 06:54
Originally posted by Heavyporker
he said between holy spirit vest and PPU pa

I'm assuming he's going to buff n'stuff then with the PPU PA then fight without it?

Heavyporker
04-11-03, 07:14
yeah, cos it'd gimp the APU he would have, plus the frc on the PA makes rimming old incontinent droms look sexy.

Shadow Dancer
04-11-03, 07:22
Rizzy, switching armors in and out will get old really fast.

Rizzy
04-11-03, 10:04
i change armour on my PE so I'm ok with it and its just about as old as having to constantly change my skillboosters in my ppu's QB also, which I do every day over and over and over :/ Porker I have to spec a nice amount of ppu to make up for the hybrkid nerf. I want to have very good sheilds and a good heal midcombat preferably. This is why I don't want to use apu pa after I've buffed - The healing midcombat is too important.

Original monk
04-11-03, 10:15
very intresting, and keep us updated on how youre new style hybrid is doing :)

Iffy Boatrace
04-11-03, 10:19
Good lord lad ..........what kind of freakish mind games are you playing with us here. I come in from some early morning grouse hunting and find Lady Boatrace sitting before the monitor mesmerized and pawing at a hypnotic red X in your first post.

I know you've a taste for the bizzare, but i beg you please get rid of that damned red X.

Stigmata
04-11-03, 10:37
Good lord lad ..........what kind of freakish mind games are you playing with us here. I come in from some early morning grouse hunting and find Lady Boatrace sitting before the monitor mesmerized and pawing at a hypnotic red X in your first post.

I know you've a taste for the bizzare, but i beg you please get rid of that damned red X.

lord iffy strikes again

Andy

hinch
04-11-03, 15:02
im currently using

116 ppu 116 apu

think its about 87 mst
fuck loads of ppw

cons is compensated for by using a ppu resist instead of an exp3 and swap between pa`s

rest of cons is pretty weak but as long as you buff up using ppu pa you dont get a bad spell % its far from easy to play and if pvp you have to keep a heal pretty much constant but you can run cast at least

Rizzy
04-11-03, 19:25
hinch i would be at a better advantage due to a fighting level of 132 ppu, 140 apu, 88 mst and 105 ppw

Heavyporker
04-11-03, 20:10
actually, isnt that better anyway - PPW ups both the dmg% on PPU/APU *plus* you would have more mana....

.Cyl0n
04-11-03, 20:11
dm me on pluto .

.cy

Rizzy
04-11-03, 22:18
doesnt up RoF porker and it doest help dmg much or range at all.

Heavyporker
05-11-03, 05:32
RIzzy, thats PSI Use o_0

I said that PPW woulda been better than trying to up both PPU/APU to try and balance them.

Dargeshaad
05-11-03, 08:48
PPW only effects % DMG

Heavyporker
05-11-03, 09:00
ROFL

PPW affects mana hugely.

Dargeshaad
05-11-03, 09:11
Not stating the obvious
i don't believe mana was the discussion subject

Rizzy
05-11-03, 10:38
porker, ppw wouldn't help more then ppu/apu. The rof on the spells would be crappy, the psi pool would be unnecessarily big. With a kami chip I could get like 170 ppw? Waste.

Dargeshaad
05-11-03, 12:19
I'm working on a hybrid setup myself, I'm more biased to the APU part though, from my calculations I should be able to use all PPU spells and still be able to hit the APU "cap"
Should be interesting, maybe we should have some duels later on when I get my char done so we can see which branch works best =)

Rizzy
05-11-03, 12:21
sounds like a plan :p I need to cap the char im making into hybrid though and im 100 mil psi xp away :(

Dargeshaad
05-11-03, 12:43
Well I can "live" with 97 INT, so I'm only like hmm 50mills away