PDA

View Full Version : Need Some tech Help

Promethius
03-11-03, 03:40
Well I tried running my neocron for the first time in 4 months...and well its borked. After i load up the launcher wher its about to get to the login screen....well it doesn't. It just stops and says LOADING for well about forever.

Anyone else get this problem or kno a solution?

Xian
03-11-03, 05:00
If you have a firewall Neocron might not be configured for access.

Gotterdammerung
03-11-03, 05:11
Aren't you banned ?

ChronicCrypt
03-11-03, 05:12
*edited for no reason since ima get banned anyway :/*

SovKhan
03-11-03, 05:14
^ lolz

ChronicCrypt
03-11-03, 05:16
watch out svk thats considered spam... and you know there policy on spam... they might cut ur dick off

SovKhan
03-11-03, 05:17
and i just might care.

ChronicCrypt
03-11-03, 05:23
yay! viva la resistance!!

Artie
03-11-03, 05:48
Originally posted by ChronicCrypt
yay! viva la resistance!!

like your sig cryto :P

Promethius
03-11-03, 16:59
Originally posted by Xian
If you have a firewall Neocron might not be configured for access.

Yes i have a firewall but i don't think thats the problem. The issue isn't that i can't login its i can't get to the login screen. Here when i get home i will post a pic and show u al the screen it sticks at. (keep in mind i reinstalled neocron twice.)

Stigmata
03-11-03, 17:02
perhaps the gm who baned you put a voodoo curse on your pc so it will never run NC again. j/k

so have you had any word on the ban situation.

Andy

Promethius
03-11-03, 20:46
Stigmata-

No word on it yet. I've been chatting wit a few Gm's. *crossing fingers*

Anywho i would like to keep this on topic so i can get my NC fixed...so when/if i get unbanned i can play.

So does anyone have a clue as to any way to fix this?

\\Fényx//
03-11-03, 20:48
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
Aren't you banned ?

rofl :lol:

Your as much ''to the point'' as me at times :D

btw whats my rap sheet like nowayads...... ;)

g0rt
03-11-03, 20:53
Originally posted by Promethius
Well I tried running my neocron for the first time in 4 months...and well its borked. After i load up the launcher wher its about to get to the login screen....well it doesn't. It just stops and says LOADING for well about forever.

Anyone else get this problem or kno a solution?

Since the rest of these idiots cant do anything but say you're banned and have a good laugh at it, ill try to help.

When this happened to me i simply did a full uninstall and reinstall, patches and all....and it worked.

hudsonbeck
03-11-03, 20:54
Originally posted by g0rt
Since the rest of these idiots cant do anything but say you're banned and have a good laugh at it, ill try to help.

When this happened to me i simply did a full uninstall and reinstall, patches and all....and it worked.

(keep in mind i reinstalled neocron twice.)

H

g0rt
03-11-03, 20:55
Originally posted by hudsonbeck
H

I didn't say ReInstall, I said UNINSTALL and REINSTALL....simply slapping an installation of it OVER the old one wont fix a problem like that...it will simply inherit the old problems.

hudsonbeck
03-11-03, 21:04
I didnt/dont think Prom is a moron. ;)

my first question prom is what have you installed in the past 4 months?

H

Promethius
03-11-03, 21:14
g0rt-

Of course when i reinstalled i implied I uninstalled first.
Though just copy/pasted the patches...so maybe i could give that a try

Hudson-
Well I played a bit of CS (on 56k..pure ownage). AFter that finaly disgusted me I started goin out more often...as in everyday versus stayin at home wit my Neocrack.

But every now adn then i think of some of the good times i had wit some people in NC and well....my eyes turn glossy and red and i start shaking again.

g0rt
03-11-03, 21:23
g0rt-

Of course when i reinstalled i implied I uninstalled first.
Though just copy/pasted the patches...so maybe i could give that a try

Hudson-
Well I played a bit of CS (on 56k..pure ownage). AFter that finaly disgusted me I started goin out more often...as in everyday versus stayin at home wit my Neocrack.

But every now adn then i think of some of the good times i had wit some people in NC and well....my eyes turn glossy and red and i start shaking again.

Why not just make a new acct...god knows this is one of the easiest MMORPGs to cap a char in.

Promethius
03-11-03, 21:27
The problem isn't wit the account. its with being able to use Neocron. The whole damn thing isn't working (Except launcher)

hudsonbeck
03-11-03, 21:30
omg...
Prom gets back and g0rt is on Kos...lol

just kidding g0rt. You seem very helpful and friendly.

Prom,
did you get the new launcher b4 updating with new patches... isn't there a bug with the US launcher?

not sure if that is it but cant hurt and i neer heard of that problem b4.

H

ElfinLord
04-11-03, 03:42
Everytime a new patch is released or I have uninstalled and reinstalled NC, I have to reset my firewall settings to allow neocronlauncher.exe and client.exe access to the internet.

If I don't reset the settings I have a problem where the launcher appears to be connecting but I hear the alarm from my firewall prompting me to tell it what to do with the application, but the pop up doesn't display and my pc locks up.

It really sucks!

Just my attempt to help.

ElfinLord

Futureman
04-11-03, 04:24
Prom I had this problem once, and it was solved by me reinstalling my graphics card drivers. I cut the power off one day because it was completely locked up, and after that apparently my graphics drivers got corrupted. Give that a shot, who knows...

Promethius
04-11-03, 18:27
Elfinlord-
Thnx for the tip but the problem isn't connecting with the internet or any of that. It just stops responding After the three logo screens and just before login screen comes is has that "Loading Content" business. Thats when it freezes. I tried to take a pic but Print screen and F12 doens't work either.

Futureman- that may actually work and i haven't tried that yet. Or atleast lately.

Thnx for the help..when i get home I'll give it a try and I'll keep u all updated.

also i did a full reinstall (after uninstalling =P) of Neocron and that didn't do anything but waste 10 min =P.

Hudsonbeck-

Yea i alread updated the launcher..first thing i always do. (reinstalled about 6 times now)