PDA

View Full Version : Spy stuff

=Chojin=
03-11-03, 01:30
spys .......do we actualy get any mob drop items..like ChaosQueen and judgement day launcher etc...

if not why?

and mob drop armour ie boots n shit wouldnt b a bad thing:p

Ch0

edit armour examples /edit

GambitFlame
03-11-03, 01:32
THats true

Tanks Get Judement Days and STORMS

Monks get Flame Av's

PE can use Titan and VK Armour

Spy's ......................:confused:

Shadow Dancer
03-11-03, 01:39
Terminator

:p

-=Bl@de=-
03-11-03, 01:40
No we get nothing at all *knudges KK*
What about an uber belt :P

=Chojin=
03-11-03, 01:40
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Terminator

oh SUPER.....wait stfu i dont wanna lom to rifles just to use a mob drop.

good for rifle spys. but thats about it =/:wtf:

Ch0

GambitFlame
03-11-03, 01:41
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Terminator

LOL @ the rate those books drop o_O

-=Bl@de=-
03-11-03, 01:42
oh sh*t no, pes can use too >_<

Shadow Dancer
03-11-03, 01:43
Hey, my friend's friend's friend's friend's brother's wife's sister's aunt heard about someone who got the book you know.

-=Bl@de=-
03-11-03, 01:44
OMG H4X

=Chojin=
03-11-03, 01:45
Originally posted by -=Bl@de=-
oh sh*t no, pes can use too >_<

yeah something that only spys can use and actualy makes playing a spy worthwhile ffs.
i mean i love my pistol spy but comon whats the point of us doing cave runs when we cant actualy use any of the drops=/

Ch0

-=Bl@de=-
03-11-03, 01:47
for Xp, BUT thats not the reason lol WE WANT GOODIES

=Chojin=
03-11-03, 01:48
Originally posted by -=Bl@de=-
for Xp, BUT thats not the reason lol WE WANT GOODIES
yeha ok xp...but make it abit more worthwhile cos atm all cave runs do for spys except xp is loose weapon condition.

Ch0

Shadow Dancer
03-11-03, 01:50
I wouldn't feel too bad about it, most of the other drops are crap like the flame avalanche.

=Chojin=
03-11-03, 01:52
errrr my chaos queen on my monk is sweet , and weather or not its useful is besides the point......although if they do give us one dont make it useless ffs

Ch0

Dont Mess
03-11-03, 02:04
RUFF RYDER > ch0 AND EVERY1 ELSE

=Chojin=
03-11-03, 02:05
Originally posted by Dont Mess
RUFF RYDER > ch0 AND EVERY1 ELSE

u got the > the wrong way round:rolleyes: :p

and plz dont spam.

i seriously want at least 1 useful mob drop for spys which no other class can use.

Ch0

Dont Mess
03-11-03, 02:07
lol ok ok true there should be like mob drop libby or pulser

=Chojin=
03-11-03, 02:09
actualy id prefer more useful armour... with like some useful resists

Ch0

Mr_Snow
03-11-03, 02:29
The idea of a uber belt is nice but then monkeys can use it too and I dont like the idea of monkeys getting even uberer resists.

Not really much you can give a spy that either a monkey or pe cant use unless you give it massive int and dex reqs like 100 on each.

=Chojin=
03-11-03, 02:32
Originally posted by Mr_Snow
The idea of a uber belt is nice but then monkeys can use it too and I dont like the idea of monkeys getting even uberer resists.

Not really much you can give a spy that either a monkey or pe cant use unless you give it massive int and dex reqs like 100 on each.

that doesnt seem a problem
but u canalways make it class specific like the pa.

Ch0

REMUS
03-11-03, 03:09
Originally posted by GambitFlame
LOL @ the rate those books drop o_O

what rate? they dont even drop?

IceStorm
03-11-03, 06:16
We get more Warbot goodies than the other classes. :-)

StrongSad
03-11-03, 06:19
they drop.....but I have a better chance of scoring with J-lo than getting a book.

Just give the drop a big dex req.

REMUS
03-11-03, 06:23
name one person?

they could make a dex based belt?

StrongSad
03-11-03, 06:57
I have heard of 3 people who have the book. I am not sure if they are telling the truth....but its what they said.

FatDogg
03-11-03, 08:27
Terminators are the uber close range rifle for low tech PE's. The cool thing about them is that they can stack damage. As far as a spy drop goes, I gotta wonder why all the tanks who guard faction head quarters are using hightech pistols and rifles so well. How about kill those and be able to possibly loot one off them. :angel: Give the spies a chance give them a drop. Ever think of throwing ideas in brainport?

=Chojin=
03-11-03, 12:49
Originally posted by FatDogg
Terminators are the uber close range rifle for low tech PE's. The cool thing about them is that they can stack damage. As far as a spy drop goes, I gotta wonder why all the tanks who guard faction head quarters are using hightech pistols and rifles so well. How about kill those and be able to possibly loot one off them. :angel: Give the spies a chance give them a drop. Ever think of throwing ideas in brainport?

i dont want normal crappy plasma pistols off FHQ guards, i want a proper mob drop item, be it armour a weapon or another stealth tool that has something like lower req than stealth 3 and lasts like 10 seconds more ...infact pretty much anything will do i just feel spys are left out and if your capped there isnt much point in doing cave runs =/.

Ch0

Original monk
03-11-03, 13:07
If you kill a copbot its should drop a copbotplasmarifle, if you kill a CAguard it should drop a CAguard plasmapistol, or even better some kind of uzi (level 75) from a NEXTguard ....

@ Dont mess: dont be so optimistic about ruff ryders skills: i saw em more dead (as in facing the ceiling with he's head and lying on he's back) then alive in PP ya see :)

Jesterthegreat
03-11-03, 13:10
dex based armour drop... ^.^

Junkie

=Chojin=
03-11-03, 13:13
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
dex based armour drop... ^.^

Junkie

youll have to make it have a int req too cos pe's will b able to use it unless its class specific......which it should b.

we dont need vest armour though what about boots, pants and helmets?.

Ch0

Jesterthegreat
03-11-03, 13:18
aye would be sweet... maybe like holy spirit (but lower resists?)

a general armour?

then again i dont need DEX amrour on my spy, i have my inq 1 set and a nice resist setup (under 10% damage from all but poison)

Junkie

Richard Slade
03-11-03, 14:15
Me wunna have some kewl rifle (or pistol for you... Others...)
The coppers rifle would be neat
Or atleast give us some DoYer Kamis n' their rifles

=Chojin=
03-11-03, 14:47
just give us something :mad:

Ch0

\\Fényx//
03-11-03, 14:51
theres the shaman drugs :p spy's can use those :p Also the fucked up copbot out near regants drops a TL 17 pulselaser rifle :eek: stop moaning :D

Jesterthegreat
03-11-03, 15:15
Originally posted by Richard Slade
Me wunna have some kewl rifle (or pistol for you... Others...)
The coppers rifle would be neat
Or atleast give us some DoYer Kamis n' their rifles

haha... copbot rifle? not likely :lol:

they already had to whipe them from at least 1 server lol

and pistol / rifle? well what rifle/pistol ya need? i cant think of one? (other than rare gatling? thentanks will moan lol)

Junkie

=Chojin=
03-11-03, 15:24
armour or a stealth tool or something.....or a spy specific shelter :p

Ch0

Jesterthegreat
03-11-03, 15:42
ooo spy shelter ^.^

not gonna happen... but would be sweet lol

personally i would say armour. kinda like titan, but for spies, and legs not chest :p

=Chojin=
03-11-03, 15:44
yeah but u gotta make it worthwhile not just a novelty factor of haveing a mob drop pair of pants.

Ch0

Al3X
03-11-03, 15:50
*interview with kk*

me: so, will the spy's get some spy specific stuff?
mjs: spy, whats that? *thinks really hard* OOOOH you mean the monk bait? :)
me: no i mean teh uber rifle users! O_o
mjs: BAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHA *dies cause he cant stop laughing*
me: *doh* :rolleyes:

anywayz yeah i would like to see some spy specific drops.. i prefer a belt or boots.. guns arent really needed imo since the spy already has a great range of guns...

Jesterthegreat
03-11-03, 16:21
Originally posted by Al3X
anywayz yeah i would like to see some spy specific drops.. i prefer a belt or boots.. guns arent really needed imo since the spy already has a great range of guns...

i would agree with this. although i think pants.
belts - have access to all.
boots - have access to base level of all (and all of some)
helm / pants - inq 1 / duranit 1 with +str

helm / pants would be good... and pants tend to give more.

a set of lower req titan pants? make titan vest PE only and titan (insert body part) spy only with a dex req (maybe int req too?)

cant see a spy shelter happenin... i would say armour

dbomb
03-11-03, 16:27
yeah spy items would rock i was kinda upset when i finished my epic and got a fcking helmet that i cant wear

Jesterthegreat
03-11-03, 16:29
lol... i want the TT epic. i know its near enough useless for a capped spy... but its the only (semi)rare pistol that i am missing (i even have the medicant SMG's - tl7 doesnt drop / sell anywhere anymore - kept in circlation by teh players)

Ghanima
03-11-03, 17:43
Maybe something like semi rare bone drops that enchance dex or spy skills such as hacking, res, con, or vehicles.

=Chojin=
03-11-03, 18:11
Originally posted by Ghanima
Maybe something like semi rare bone drops that enchance dex or spy skills such as hacking, res, con, or vehicles.

what about the combat spys?

Ch0

Al3X
03-11-03, 18:25
why "acces" to all? just add the damn class restriction :)

=Chojin=
03-11-03, 18:37
why "acces" to all? just add the damn class restriction :)

yeah god dammit something only spys can use thats noyt a complete pile of shit.

Ch0

GurTjaN
03-11-03, 20:20
@ dont mess

err ? ruff ryder uber LMAO

http://home.planet.nl/~harte536/ruff.JPG

was it as nice for me as it was for you "?

enigma_b17
03-11-03, 20:28
he is ub3r, but hes still a spy u nubin, just like ur still an apu monk and he can kill u in about 3 and half seconds, just as quick as u can kill him :P

anyway....yea mayb a pair of "air boots" which gives like loads of agility or/and athletics :)

g0rt
03-11-03, 20:28
Hrmm lets see....yes tanks get 3 of those special weapons...but lets add up the rares that tanks can use:

Paw of tiger
Paw of bear
Vein Ripper
Blade of Ceres
Devils Grace

Malediction
Doom Beamer
Cursed Soul
Moonstriker

Thats a total of 9 rare weapons, some of which are useless for anything other then leveling (*caught* paw of tiger, vein ripper, etc)

Lets see how many rare weapons a spy can use:

Wyatt Earp
Liberator
Slasher
Executioner
Ray of Last Hope
Beam of Hell
Judge

Pain Easer
Disruptor
First Love
Redeemer
Ray of God
Silent Hunter

Partical Nemesis
Punisher
Revenge

Thats a total of 16 weapons, not including stealth devices and the ability to use a tradeskill...therefore enabling the use of various machina gloves.

Lay off the tanks backs, they dont got much as it is.

enigma_b17
03-11-03, 20:37
no thats true tanks dont get much in way of rares. But they aint talkin about a rare....theyr talkin about a Mob drop for spies: lets c

Titan Armour - tank/pe
Viper King - tank/pe
Batqueen imp - tank
chaos queen flame avalanche - monk
judgement day launcher - tank
knightshade - any1
krithal mushroom thing - any1

spies being the only ones who dont ave a drop being the point i believe

g0rt
03-11-03, 20:40
Originally posted by enigma_b17
no thats true tanks dont get much in way of rares. But they aint talkin about a rare....theyr talkin about a Mob drop for spies: lets c

Titan Armour - tank/pe
Viper King - tank/pe
Batqueen imp - tank
chaos queen flame avalanche - monk
judgement day launcher - tank
knightshade - any1
krithal mushroom thing - any1

spies being the only ones who dont ave a drop being the point i believe

What im saying is, spies have access to more rare weapons then any other class in the game...so it works out. The rifle and pistol pools have more rares then any of the other pools, and spies are the only ones that can use the FULL line of 'em.

Get my drift?

=Chojin=
03-11-03, 20:43
Originally posted by g0rt
and spies are the only ones that can use the FULL line of 'em.

Get my drift?

your wrong pes can use most if not all rare rifles n pistols but yes this isnt about rares.

Ch0

Inchenzo
03-11-03, 21:01
seeing as Ch0 keeps bugging me to reply to this thread (it's like having a gun to my head), i'd actually like to say that i think there should be more boss mobs, and some semi-rare rifle's/pistols dropped by those mobs, preferrably shotguns :D (and i'm not talking about the damn rare shotgun)

Happy now Ch0 ?

Ghanima
03-11-03, 21:08
Originally posted by =Chojin=

Ch0

Combat stuff would be great but having played a spy since the North American release I would like to see spies be more effective in the support roles especially hacking and to have hacking mean something. Adding simple little faction mission such as hacking a enemy faction from a remote city term for information and returning to your contact would be a fun way to gain some FS or hacking GR for free travel.
Spies suck at combat when they get stuck up close and personal. It would be nice if we could get some drops that would help with close combat. Maybe something like a modified stealth unit that would decrease the size of your target box but would decrease the amount of damage you do to even it out.

=Chojin=
03-11-03, 21:16
Originally posted by Inchenzo
seeing as Ch0 keeps bugging me to reply to this thread (it's like having a gun to my head), i'd actually like to say that i think there should be more boss mobs, and some semi-rare rifle's/pistols dropped by those mobs, preferrably shotguns :D (and i'm not talking about the damn rare shotgun)

Happy now Ch0 ?

MUCH :D

comon campaign for spy mob drops u bitches RWAr

Ch0 *removes gun from Inchenzo's head*

g0rt
03-11-03, 21:20
your wrong pes can use most if not all rare rifles n pistols but yes this isnt about rares.

Ch0

How clear it is you don't play a PE if this is actually what you think :lol: :lol:

A PE can barely use a JUDGE or Ray of God without gimping themselves, and even at that they will get nowhere near to capping it.

No, this is not about rares...but my point is spies have enough things, and spies have no place in most of these areas anyway. What can a Spy do in the chaos caves? It caters to AOE classes....monks and tanks....so it should give a MONK or TANK reward.

Spies are for sniping, so go snipe warbots...your reward is the techs you get, use them to build one of the many rares you have access too.

=Chojin=
03-11-03, 21:27
How clear it is you don't play a PE if this is actually what you think :lol: :lol:

A PE can barely use a JUDGE or Ray of God without gimping themselves, and even at that they will get nowhere near to capping it.

No, this is not about rares...but my point is spies have enough things, and spies have no place in most of these areas anyway. What can a Spy do in the chaos caves? It caters to AOE classes....monks and tanks....so it should give a MONK or TANK reward.

Spies are for sniping, so go snipe warbots...your reward is the techs you get, use them to build one of the many rares you have access too.

i didnt say a pe could use them efficently i just said that the large amount of rares there are not one is realy spy specific.
and why do u have to pigeon hole spys to rifleso_O thats like saying all spys are crap up close so they should all b trade skillers.
this game needs more flexability and i think spy specific mob drop armour might make combat spys more viable and provide more variety instead of the usual combat classes like Pe's and Monks.

and spys have no place in the only effective lvling spots in the game...o_O stfu before u say something stupid and dont rain on my parade :p

just 1 mob drop item plz :D

Ch0

g0rt
03-11-03, 21:31
i didnt say a pe could use them efficently i just said that the large amount of rares there are not one is realy spy specific.
and why do u have to pigeon hole spys to rifleso_O thats like saying all spys are crap up close so they should all b trade skillers.
this game needs more flexability and i think spy specific mob drop armour might make combat spys more viable and provide more variety instead of the usual combat classes like Pe's and Monks.

and spys have no place in the only effective lvling spots in the game...o_O stfu before u say something stupid and dont rain on my parade :p

just 1 mob drop item plz :D

Ch0

Oh ok I guess the Cursed Soul is not tank specific then....cuz a PE could drug and spec to use it, right? :rolleyes:

Get in touch with reality pls.

Spies have plenty as it is. They should maybe change the Titan Vest to a Titan Helmet or something, and make it wearable by a spy...for that fire resist boost. But no they shouldn't add a whole new item, takes too much time in which they could be doing better things....

RuButt
03-11-03, 21:34
Oh ok I guess the Cursed Soul is not tank specific then....cuz a PE could drug and spec to use it, right? :rolleyes:

Get in touch with reality pls.

a pe can use VK / titan, and it makes sence and its effective...

but if a pe would use a CS...it doesnt really make him uber......

did that make sence?

ok lets try to explain it more into detail for you

If a pe uses some drugs to use a VK / Titan....its not much...and they dun need a imp change, and they get some awesome resists from it, that makes them lil better in pvp, and pvm.

If a pe uses alot of drugs and implants to use a CS, they would be crap.

=Chojin=
03-11-03, 21:36
once again this isnt about rares its about mob drops.

Ch0

g0rt
03-11-03, 21:37
Originally posted by RuButt
a pe can use VK / titan, and it makes sence and its effective...

but if a pe would use a CS...it doesnt really make him uber......

did that make sence?

ok lets try to explain it more into detail for you

If a pe uses some drugs to use a VK / Titan....its not much...and they dun need a imp change, and they get some awesome resists from it, that makes them lil better in pvp, and pvm.

If a pe uses alot of drugs and implants to use a CS, they would be crap.

Actually, a GOOD pe setup would allow the use of viper king or titan without drugs.

On the CS note....you think a PE using a disruptor would make him uber? Because Chojin here is saying that a PE can use ALL of the rifles and pistols in the line....no matter WHAT you or your little friend say, this is false....a PE with 115 dex, drugs or not, is gonna have crap resists and wont come anywhere NEAR capping the weapon.

So get off the pot....PE's cannot use the full line of rifles and pistols...they are for spies only....

once again this isnt about rares its about mob drops.

Ch0

Once again I am giving you a reason why a spy should NOT need any mob drops. Once again you miss the point. Please read carefully, it shouldn't be hard...at least my posts are somewhat spelled correctly unlike Rubutt's and yours.

Al3X
03-11-03, 21:39

*/me wonders it to*
*another interview with mjs*

me: martin, what do you think about combat spies?
mjs: combat spies... hmmmz... sounds spicy, can you eat it? :confused:
me: no those are teh uberpistol users you know :)
mjs: BHAHAAHAHAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA *dies cause he cant stop laughing*
me: *doh* not again :rolleyes:

anywayz i wonder if the combat spy ever will be powerful enough to survice against a gentank with the same skill as yourself... probly not cause i somehow agree that spy's are better of as snipers.... imo all pistols should accessible to the pe's.. but thats a different discussion :)

imo a spy-only belt would be the best solution... a belt with multiple resist, like the holy spirit belt does for monks...

=Chojin=
03-11-03, 21:43
Actually, a GOOD pe setup would allow the use of viper king or titan without drugs.

On the CS note....you think a PE using a disruptor would make him uber? Because Chojin here is saying that a PE can use ALL of the rifles and pistols in the line....no matter WHAT you or your little friend say, this is false....a PE with 115 dex, drugs or not, is gonna have crap resists and wont come anywhere NEAR capping the weapon.

So get off the pot....PE's cannot use the full line of rifles and pistols...they are for spies only....

Once again I am giving you a reason why a spy should NOT need any mob drops. Once again you miss the point. Please read carefully, it shouldn't be hard...at least my posts are somewhat spelled correctly unlike Rubutt's and yours.

can u actualy read???? im not talking about the effective practise of the rare weapon hell im not even talking about rares ffs sheesh is that tooo hard for u to under stand? this thread is about the lack of spy mob drops not about the rare pool as it is.

so can we stop talking about the normal rares plz.
and what the hells spelling got to do wiith this your saying spys shouldnt get a mob drop tem because we already have a large pool of normal rares to choose from? which pes have accsess to aswell.
bring up better points instead of my inability to spell

thx

Ch0

RuButt
03-11-03, 21:43
no matter WHAT you or your little friend say

wow, wait a min, my little friend?

mah wally?

or cho?

can you be a lil bit more detailed, ur extremly incoherent as it is, dont make it any worse with all theese mysteries!

g0rt
03-11-03, 21:48
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

Spies - LOTS OF STUFF USE, DONT NEED MOB DROPS

Tanks - NOT LOTS OF STUFF TO USE, NEED MOB DROPS

Does that make it easier for you guys? [ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

RuButt
03-11-03, 21:49
[ edited ]

[ edited ]

ahhhhaaaaaahhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaahhhahahaha

tanks = WHO THE FUCK USES A MOB DROP!?!

spies = THEYLL USE WHATEVER THEY CAN FIND AS THEY ARE SPIES!!!

EDIT: THISS THREAD IS ABOUT ADDING ANOTHER FEATURE AND UR AGAINST IT [ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ] WE WANT KK TO LIVE NOT DIE [ edited - flaming ]

[ edited - homophobic flame ]

EDIT 2 :homophobic language added

/Nid's edit - ban added

g0rt
03-11-03, 21:51
ahhhhaaaaaahhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaahhhahahaha

tanks = WHO THE FUCK USES A MOB DROP!?!

spies = THEYLL USE WHATEVER THEY CAN FIND AS THEY ARE SPIES!!!

EDIT: THISS THREAD IS ABOUT ADDING ANOTHER FEATURE AND UR AGAINST IT [ edited ] WE WANT KK TO LIVE NOT DIE [ edited ]

[ edited ]

EDIT 2 :homophobic language added

Terminator is a mob drop that spies can use.

There ya go, you got your mob drop. So whats the point of this thread?

If you can't cut it as a spy....get some skills. You don't need any more mob drops, go find a Terminator for yourself.

=Chojin=
03-11-03, 21:53

If you can't cut it as a spy....get some skills. You don't need any more mob drops, go find a Terminator for yourself.

oh great...im gonna lom all my pistol points to use a rifleo_O
tanks get melee and hc.

[ edited ]

Does that make it easier for you guys? [ edited ]

once again this thread isnt about the current rare pool which ive stated a number of times now, its about equality between the classes:p
and your point about tanks is irrevilent as tanks are stupid and are only 1 trick poneys where as spys have intelligence which give's them more options in rpg terms.

its adding to the game and wont unbalance it in anyway imo.

Ch0

g0rt
03-11-03, 21:55
oh great...im gonna lom all my pistol points to use a rifle
tanks get melee and hc.

Wrong. Tanks with a pure HC setup cannot use any rare melee weapons. Thats about as stupid as saying spies get pistol AND rifle at the same time.

its adding to the game and wont unbalance it in anyway imo.

Maybe so, but it will take valuable time for them to implament...time that could be used for something USEFULL not some spy item that 30 people will try once then they will sit in apartment cabs for all of eternity because the disruptor, first love, etc are all better.

RuButt
03-11-03, 21:56

so your still against adding a feature for more ways to go for a pvp setup, more weaponry....and all that

its only positive! why are you against it?

oh yeah...because my name got the word "butt" in it?

you were owned 5 mins ago....stop trying.

edit: oh about the skill thing, i got more neocron pvp skills then you could ever dream about.

RuButt
03-11-03, 21:57
Wrong. Tanks with a pure HC setup cannot use any rare melee weapons. Thats about as stupid as saying spies get pistol AND rifle at the same time.

Maybe so, but it will take valuable time for them to implament...time that could be used for something USEFULL not some spy item that 30 people will try once then they will sit in apartment cabs for all of eternity because the disruptor, first love, etc are all better.

actually....tanks with a pure HC setup can use rare melee weapons...

g0rt
03-11-03, 21:58
so your still against adding a feature for more ways to go for a pvp setup, more weaponry....and all that

its only positive! why are you against it?

oh yeah...because my name got the word "butt" in it?

you were owned 5 mins ago....stop trying.

edit: oh about the skill thing, i got more neocron pvp skills then you could ever dream about.

Im against adding a feature that is not needed. The game NEEDS certain things...balancing, bug fixes, lag fixes....not more spy items. Theres things the devs should be spending time on, and things they should NOT be spending time on.

New spy items is NOT something they should be spending time on.

If you need more items on your spy, you got no skills....sorry.

=Chojin=
03-11-03, 21:59

who said it has to b a weapon [ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ] if u actualy read the revelant replys u would see most spys want a piece of armour.

HOLY FUCK u realy dont read your own posts do uo_O

u were reffering to the terminator and says spys get that. thats great for rifle spys yeah but what about pistol spys. and the
"tanks get melee and hc" was refering to the mob drop items:rolleyes:

Ch0

RuButt
03-11-03, 22:02
ahahahhahha

all features are needed features! =)

or at least the good ones!

adding some variety aint bad!

admit it you lost ages ago...you just defending ur lost :p

oh yeah if u cant kill a monk ur skilless =)

i got plenty of screens where ive killed saturns "best" apu, with his ppu mate...

your still a mystery as you dont seem to like more features, more weaponry, more variety....thats the kind of thing that attracts more players.

g0rt
03-11-03, 22:02
actually....tanks with a pure HC setup can use rare melee weapons...

Pure HC Setup:

MC5 Herc
MOVEON
Marine
Resistor

Melee Eye 3

Filter Heart 2

Hard Bone 3

As for bones, antigamma head, arm, chest ... exp foot / leg

Thats a total of +39 to melee combat.

Show me a rare melee weapon that needs 39 melee combat, and then a pure HC tank can use it.

Two words....Not Smart.

Three words....Get some Skills.

RuButt
03-11-03, 22:03
Pure HC Setup:

MC5 Herc
MOVEON
Marine
Resistor

Melee Eye 3

Filter Heart 2

Hard Bone 3

Thats a total of +39 to melee combat.

Show me a rare melee weapon that needs 39 melee combat, and then a pure HC tank can use it.

Two words....Not Smart.

twentythree words:

drugs.

g0rt
03-11-03, 22:08
twentythree words:

drugs.

Ok so we got 39 to start....lets add drugs

Trisolin +10
X-strong +20
Beast +25
-----------------
Thats a total of +55, add that to the 39...you have 94 after taking THREE DRUGS...something anyone smart would not consider doing.

The LOWEST rare melee weapon is the paw of tiger. It requires 98 melee combat.

UH OH! Looks like you are wrong...unless you were gonna spend a few hours in the swamp caves getting nightshade, then you can enjoy 4 drugs to use a shitty low end melee weapons :lol: :lol:

Just accept it....you're dead wrong and theres nothing you can do about it.

=Chojin=
03-11-03, 22:08
Pure HC Setup:

MC5 Herc
MOVEON
Marine
Resistor

Melee Eye 3

Filter Heart 2

Hard Bone 3

Three words....Get some Skills.

i think batqueen imp also give melee......+ 40 i think

Ch0

g0rt
03-11-03, 22:09
i think batqueen imp also give melee......

Ch0

Anyone with a good pure HC setup would be using the antigamma arm. Rubutt said with a 100% HC setup you could use rare melee weapons, well....hes dead wrong. EVEN with drugs :lol:

=Chojin=
03-11-03, 22:10
Anyone with a good pure HC setup would be using the antigamma arm. Rubutt said with a 100% HC setup you could use rare melee weapons, well....hes dead wrong. EVEN with drugs :lol:

why would a tank need gamma bones..... they get 100 cono_O

Ch0

g0rt
03-11-03, 22:11
why would a tank need gamma bones..... they get 100 cono_O

Ch0

Please don't make me explain how resists work. If you want your tank to hit 150 in energy, fire and xray....you gotta use antigamma bones.

And yes hitting 150 in all three resists is quite possible.

=Chojin=
03-11-03, 22:13
Please don't make me explain how resists work. If you want your tank to hit 150 in energy, fire and xray....you gotta use antigamma bones.

if im right the pvp resist cap isnt 150 so unless u wanna go pure hunting mobs u dont need 150 in 1 resits plz someone correct me if im wrong but i think the pvp resist cap is 114 or around that area..

Ch0

g0rt
03-11-03, 22:16
if im right the pvp resist cap isnt 150 so unless u wanna go pure hunting mobs u dont need 150 in 1 resits plz someone correct me if im wrong but i think the pvp resist cap is 114 or around that area..

Ch0

Oh my you have alot to learn about this game.

114 is the natural resist cap. 114 in natural resists gives 119 to your armor rating. Armor on top of that makes that number go UP.

For example:

114 fire resist + inq4 helm would look like:

119 ac + 42 ac = 161 fire resist

And yes it works in pvp, very little after about 125 but still enough to make it worth it.

Nidhogg
03-11-03, 22:19
Please keep the flames out of your argument because one ban is quite enough for any thread. Chill the thread down please.

N

g0rt
03-11-03, 22:20
Originally posted by Nidhogg
Please keep the flames out of your argument because one ban is quite enough for any thread. Chill the thread down please.

N

Ok. I only posted to say one thing really:

In my opinion, spies have enough toys right now...time should be spent on more important things in the game.

Thats all.

=Chojin=
03-11-03, 22:23

In my opinion, spies have enough toys right now...time should be spent on more important things in the game.

Thats all.

more important things than content?

as far as my source goes its something like this

Resist skill :Armor addition
0 0
25 22
50 45
75 67
100 90
101 97
102 101
103 103
104 105
105 107
107 110
110 114
114 119
200 119

and a mob drop belt would b nice and i realy doubt it would take up much time to implement

Ch0

StrongSad
03-11-03, 23:41
a belt with energy/poison would be great!

and g0rt....if you think that a spy is perfectly balnced then you have never really played a capped combat spy.

In addition, yes spies may have many rare weps to choose from, but many are so nerfed they arent even plausable in pvp. FOr example (I can only give rifle examples as I have 0 experience with pistols) have you even seen a good capped spy seriously use a First Love, Redeemer, or Healing Light in pvp? No. All combat spies know that our only real choices for rifles in order to be mildly dangerous would be an Arti PE/SH/Disruptor/RoG.....thats 4 rifles, 2 of which a PE can use effectively, especially the PE. SO in the end.. the only 2 really class specific rare weapons a spy has that is usefull in pvp would be a SH/Disruptor. Two gun. Yay. :o

Give me some armor drops damnit!

Shadow Dancer
04-11-03, 00:51
I think duranit armor should be dex based.

There, can't argue with that. :p

g0rt
04-11-03, 08:02
and g0rt....if you think that a spy is perfectly balnced then you have never really played a capped combat spy.

Did I say that? No...

Do not put words into my mouth.

Anyways...I doubt a mob drop spy item would make them uber.

Al3X
04-11-03, 11:03
no it doesnt make them "uber", and they arent supposed to be uber.. but some resistance in pvp would be fair.. i mean damnit if you can survive 5 seconds vs an apu with HL/Fire apoc then you have a *fucking good resist setup* already O_o
the only thing spy's can cover is xray... mayB energy to but that would nerf your fire AND poison resist, so you might wanna balance that out which lowers your resists in general. so its a hopeless case right now...

ooh if some mr smartass sais that spy's can have *UBBAAAAAAH resists* then plz post that below, dont come with that "classified!" bs cause i aint impressed by that. be constructive! :)

Jesterthegreat
04-11-03, 15:25
my capped spy setup will allow me to take under 10% damage from any damage type (except poison) as it is.

g0rt - you are speaking out of your ass for 90% of your comments O_o

and as for new item - i agree no weapons... belt? well that would make the current high belts useless (new belt in its place) - legs / helm / boots would be more usefull

and btw - i dont expect spies to be 'UBAH!!1!1!11oneone' but i wouldnt mind them being a bit better.

before anyone comments i am far from skill-less, i have a ** rank pistol spy - pure combat. i am not complaining cos it is unplayable... i just think an addition would be nice. i realise tanks dont get many rares... would you tell KK not to add more cos there are more important things to do? i seriously doubt it. just as i dont think adding spy items is a waste... in a way it IS balance

Junkie

StrongSad
05-11-03, 04:02
g0rt....you say spies should not have any unique mob drops....which would indicate you think they are a balanced class and dont need any adavntage given by mob boss drops. No a drop wont make us uber. We just want to have a chance against other classes. Since when have spies gone to op battles in large numbers? Never.

Jesterthegreat
05-11-03, 13:34
my spy will be 100% combat viable when i am capped...

Al3X
05-11-03, 14:15
yester if you think you have a good setup plz post that below so we can discuss it.

=Chojin=
05-11-03, 17:49
yeah plz...thats if u dont mind showing us your setup:rolleyes:

anyinformation would b nice tho:D

Ch0

Jesterthegreat
05-11-03, 21:22
cant be bothered to find the image i hosted... do a search for 'need input' as that is the thread i made about it's name :p

its all there... prolly needs tweaking, but should be a good setup

and its jester... or junkie... not yester :p

:edit: it seems the host deleted... gimme 5 mins to repost :p

Jesterthegreat
05-11-03, 21:31
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/daniel_rogers1/forum/spy_setup_2.JPG

Eddie
05-11-03, 22:34
Jester - what program are you using there?

EDIT: Looked at NeocronCentral.de and downloaded all the stuff they gots, but it's in german and it doesn't show how much damage you take.

Eddie

Al3X
06-11-03, 00:36
dex 105.... cant use a disruptor that way :/

Shadow Dancer
06-11-03, 01:40
Isn't that setup basically a PE with less health who has to drug up for shelter?

\\Fényx//
06-11-03, 01:54
dex 105.... cant use a disruptor that way :/

he's pistols.....

StrongSad
06-11-03, 05:17
why would you ever need m-c/h-c? Yet you have only 120 wep lore????? Your gonna need a lot more than that.

ANd -17 end?! Not being able to run during combat is a HUGE disadvantage, especially when you put all those point into alt/agl.

kurai
06-11-03, 05:36
Originally posted by StrongSad
why would you ever need m-c/h-c? Yet you have only 120 wep lore????? Your gonna need a lot more than that.

ANd -17 end?! Not being able to run during combat is a HUGE disadvantage, especially when you put all those point into alt/agl. M-C/H-C is purely from imps.
Don't need more than 120 WEP for pistols.
Endurance negative is from the Spy PA. He'll still have an END pool of 90 or so. (The skill calculator doesn't do endurance at present)

You've haven't been doing this stuff very long, have you ? :rolleyes:

Edit: Looked at profile join date. Being new is fine - we all have to learn. Try not to make sage pronouncements on subjects you are shaky on, however. It just makes you look faintly silly ;)

StrongSad
06-11-03, 06:48
90 end? Thats still very crappy. Run around a bit and you will soon be forced to walk....which will make an easy target. Most good spies I have talked to have a 100+ amount of end.

Plus 120 wep lore is just fine for a pistol spy. But it wont do for a rifle spy.

PS- just because I have joined the forums recently doesnt mean I am new to NC :rolleyes:

Al3X
06-11-03, 10:54
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
he's pistols.....

i know.. but im a marksman and if i would use the same setup i wouldnt be able to use my disruptor/silent silent hunter...

Invhunter
06-11-03, 11:12
I am not able to post my setup, but I can tell you that there is no need to skill END on a spy.
You can have Stamina-Boosters in your quickbelt. So use the spare points for anything else.

With pistols even WEP is not needed.
On my pistol-spy I have 3 points on WEP (the remaining points after full cap and skilling different skills). And I can defend myself very well.

I use a Slasher and a Liberator, have a Obliterator in my quickbelt and a hackingtool, a Steahlth-III in my GoGu (what I use depends on the situation), using various spells (Basic Resist, Spy-Booster, Pistol-Booster, Deflector and Heal) and a spare slot for medis or stam-boosters.

I am pretty fast and do enough damage to survive long enough.
Armor is a combination of Battle 2 and 3 and the Pistol-Spy-Suit 3

And please forget the calculations made by the tools for taking xx% of damage. They are not correct.

Jesterthegreat
06-11-03, 12:07
ok i was off forums for a while ^.^

it is skill manager from www.neocronnetwork.de (2nd news piece i think)

it is indeed pistol, and its not made to be converted to rifle (its a ROLH setup)

i will prolly lose wep lore, i want 340/min on lib / slasher - no more but ill have to test it all before i get my final setup

it may be considered a PE with no shelter... but i consider it a combat spy... cos thats what it actually is!

and yeah, with my current setup i have 3 slots for medikits / stam boosters... i dont need end at all.

that is:

gun
heal
space
space
space
deflecter
spy1
pistol1
resist1 (will be 2 later)
hacktool

when i cap i will be:

gun
heal
stealth
medikit
stamana booster
heal sanc
deflector
spy1
pistol1
resist2

i will throw in shelter / hacktool only when needed

Junkie

=Chojin=
06-11-03, 13:00
id losse the heal sanctum.. i tried that doesnt work too well+ your easily seen in stealth:p

Ch0

Jesterthegreat
06-11-03, 13:06
yeah well ill see. i lost my current one anyway.

i have a 5 slot 120/120/120/94 heal atm, a heal + a medikit = full health from anything

=Chojin=
06-11-03, 13:09
yeah well ill see. i lost my current one anyway.

i have a 5 slot 120/120/120/94 heal atm, a heal + a medikit = full health from anything

i have a 5 slot heal + i did have a 5 slot sanct but still didnt find it worthwhile... now i just need to find space in my qb for a medikit/antishock lol.

Ch0

Invhunter
06-11-03, 13:13
ChO, you have seen my spy yesterday. Maybe we will meet at Nexus today and I can tell you exactly how I am skilled.

=Chojin=
06-11-03, 13:28
yeah ok cool, ill b on Nc in a little bit :D

Ch0

Invhunter
06-11-03, 13:30
I am only at 19:00 CET again.

Jesterthegreat
06-11-03, 13:31
well if you peeps were on uranus and i was capped + using my setup i would show you mine :p

however i am only 84 dex and about the same int atm, need to level hard and get a PP resistor chip for my setup

still... whats everyones opinions? is it a viable setup? cos i think so

it can hack ops with spy 1, walk cast all my spells AFAIK, use ROLH without drugs, AND have nice defences. also i made it realistic.... no SA in my setup at the moment - i made do with the slightly more common chips. infact all i am missing IMP-wise is a PP resistor.

Junkie

kurai
06-11-03, 13:54
it is indeed pistol, and its not made to be converted to rifle (its a ROLH setup)

i will prolly lose wep lore, i want 340/min on lib / slasher - no more but ill have to test it all before i get my final setup

it may be considered a PE with no shelter... but i consider it a combat spy... cos thats what it actually is!

and yeah, with my current setup i have 3 slots for medikits / stam boosters... i dont need end at all.

that is:

gun
heal
space
space
space
deflecter
spy1
pistol1
resist1 (will be 2 later)
hacktool

when i cap i will be:

gun
heal
stealth
medikit
stamana booster
heal sanc
deflector
spy1
pistol1
resist2

i will throw in shelter / hacktool only when needed
Some constructive suggestions ...

Firstly - yeah - lose the Heal Sanctum - too slow, too visible. You can jetison the Medpacks too - just too slow to be of great use.

Use an anti-shock drug in one of the freed up slots.

On the setup side ... you could drop agility down to 75 and have absolutely no change to runspeed. Change Anti-gamma foot for Experimental Foot and you have another 12 skillpoints to spend on R-C for rate of fire. The tiny X-Ray loss won't be noticeable.

You also might wan't to consider changing the filter heart for an experimental - you look a little low on health, and the poison resist isn't really doing a lot for the point investment committed, as poison is easily countered.
With Stealth it's easy to cloak, slam on the heavy poison belt and chug an antidote to get rid of the stacks.
I'd put those point in HLT again ... just past 100 skill there's a significant "accelerator" point you might want to take advantage of - you should be able to get 400 or so health pool without difficulty.

Just my personal opinions, natch ;)

Jesterthegreat
06-11-03, 13:59
iirc spies cant use EXP bones... but i may be wrong ^.^

i never even considered exp heart... i played a tank in the past and lived on filter 2 so i went for filter. i guess with so much XRay and poison being useless to me your prolly right.

i have never used any of the new 'anti' drugs... but again its something i will have to try. your prolly all right about heal sanct... but im not losing both heal sanct and medikits :p the amount of times medikits have kept me alive... ^.^

my spy currently tanks Grim Chasers. with deflecter / heal / medikit he outheals them (until heal runs out) - this is with inq 1 and LIGHT fire belt btw

Junkie

this is link to char planner i think (http://home.pages.at/smoker/skillmanager-2003-11-03.exe)

kurai
06-11-03, 14:21
iirc spies cant use EXP bones... but i may be wrong ^.^ Don't forget, you have 49 STR available now ;)

Jesterthegreat
06-11-03, 14:23
haha ^.^ i need to look at my own setup more O_o

i build it with minimum 49 str and 108 dex as a target... then i completely forget about it when setting up lol

StrongSad
06-11-03, 21:31
On my pistol-spy I have 3 points on WEP (the remaining points after full cap and skilling different skills). And I can defend myself very well.

All I know is that my combat rank with 80 wep lore was about 56 (using a FL) and it went all the way up to 78*** when I bumped my wep lore to 186. I think your gonna need a bit more than 3.

I could be wrong though. Cuz I am only a silly newb :rolleyes:

PS- Jester...i think you can also use a batqueen arm. That will add 10 more force prtection :D

Invhunter
07-11-03, 09:19
The difference is:
You: RIFLE
Me: PISTOL

With rifles you need a high weaponlore to get a decent aiming. With pistols there is no need for it. You have a pretty fast aimiing with pistols anyway.
And I give a shit on the combat-rang. Even if it was 0 with only one /
It wouldn't interrest me. A high combatrang is only for prolling around. It says nothing about the real abilities of the char.

RuButt
07-11-03, 10:00
was banned

and to the dude that thought i was skilless

ill take u any time with a APU tank.

ok,

here we go

personally i would use BQ arm instead of gamma arm

that is another 40 mc

so we got 36+40=76

and drugs?

Trisolin M-C+10
X-strong M-C+20
Beast M-C+25
Tiger Blood M-C+30
Kri'nakh Nightshade M-C+40

drugs adds 125 MC, so we get a total of 201 MC, as a pure HC tank.

ok, maybe not everyone got apps filled with tiger blood and nightshade....

but youll have 70 less in MC, but thats still 131 in MC....and the devils grace only needs 116 in MC....

im sorry for having this post off topic.....but got a 3 day bann and couldnt answer till now.