PDA

View Full Version : how do u go 2 system properties?

iainy13
02-11-03, 23:07
Hey. Just wondering if soem1 could tell me how to get to the system properties so i could disable auto reset. My problem is my bro reformatted our comp to windows xp pro corp gold FRENCH version. He speaks an reads french while i dont. I hate french. Anyways i need 2 know how to get 2 system properties to disable auto reset so my comp dousent reset every 5 min. Brother is gone for the week so he cant do it an there is no propriétés de système tab in control panel. So could sonme1 tell me where 2 go 2 get 2 it?

Mumblyfish
02-11-03, 23:09
Heh... auto-reset mode? Believe it or not, Windows, as bugged as it may be, does NOT give you the option to force-restart your computer every five minutes. Amazing, ey?

What you have is, in fact, a virus which affected MANY WinXP/Win2K machines about 2 months ago. I'm sure someone here on the forum can look it up for you, but it's really best that you get it the hell off your system ASAP.

iainy13
02-11-03, 23:18
well the problem is... i reformatted last night an neverdloaded a thing aside from drivers from official sites and ran the housecall anti virus thing anyways. Maybe it thinks somthing is overheating an i read somewhere there was an option to restart computer on any errors checkbox that i could turn off O_o

petek480
02-11-03, 23:21
Originally posted by iainy13
well the problem is... i reformatted last night an neverdloaded a thing aside from drivers from official sites and ran the housecall anti virus thing anyways. Maybe it thinks somthing is overheating an i read somewhere there was an option to restart computer on any errors checkbox that i could turn off O_o
Goto your control panel, click on systems. Then click on the advanced tab. Click on settings for startup and recovery. Then uncheck automatically restart.

MjukisDjur
02-11-03, 23:24
blaster virus? :P

Mumblyfish
02-11-03, 23:30
Originally posted by MjukisDjur
blaster virus? :P
That's what I thought, but HOLY SHIT there's actually an option to automatically restart your computer?

That's... clever?

iainy13
03-11-03, 00:18
thx petek480. that totaly solved my problem.

jernau
03-11-03, 00:36
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
That's what I thought, but HOLY SHIT there's actually an option to automatically restart your computer?

That's... clever?

It only does it if the system locks up. You can select what it does in that case. One of the options is reboot, which is VERY useful if you run unattended servers.

Mumblyfish
03-11-03, 00:51
That's quite handy to know. I host my own website on a *NIX box, and considering how old it is I need to manually reboot it before I get sleepies.

Then again, it ain't a WinXP server, so feh. I just wasted a reply.