PDA

View Full Version : 3d Drone

gizmojack
02-11-03, 18:01
Something quick i kinda whipped out. Whatta u think?

Kinda my vision for a GAT1000 /TL 100+ drone with force piercing damage.

Can anyone who knows how to use 3D studio max teach me how to add firing /gun smoke effects? I can only do normal flares.

http://www.angelfire.com/droid/data3/Drone.jpg

*ph33r*
02-11-03, 18:05
Looks uber, imagine one of those with the RoF of a gatling turret... bye bye unbuffed monkeys. :D

Ho hum. 8|

greendonkeyuk
02-11-03, 18:11
if that thing flew at me id possibly brick it.

wow nice work.

Spikadelia
02-11-03, 19:01
Me drools all down me asylum issue romper suit.......

So shiny, so strong, so deadly........ Can almost touch it :eek:

Must take more medication for these delusions.

stalked monkey
02-11-03, 19:01
I think they probably use a different system in game, but in 3ds max you can just make some sort of smoke like bitmap in photoshop, make it a texture for a sprite, and use the sprite as an instanced geometry for a particle effect. PM me or email me for more details.

Dazist
02-11-03, 19:24
Nice drone... just started droning myself about a week ago. Whats with the eye burning background color :)

gizmojack
02-11-03, 20:06
Originally posted by Dazist
Nice drone... just started droning myself about a week ago. Whats with the eye burning background color :)

I usually use bright green as a background for my models. Doesn't conflict with the colours of the model that way.

Previously the background was black, and well the drones black too... so u can't really see anything.

If u think that bright green is bad check this out link (http://www.seizurerobots.com/)

gizmojack
02-11-03, 20:12
Originally posted by stalked monkey
I think they probably use a different system in game, but in 3ds max you can just make some sort of smoke like bitmap in photoshop, make it a texture for a sprite, and use the sprite as an instanced geometry for a particle effect. PM me or email me for more details.

Thx Monkey, I sent u a PM