PDA

View Full Version : FFS when are you going to fix all the patching problems?

Cryotchekk
01-11-03, 12:24
after downloading the 4 big files with many patch's in (wich was fucking anoying btw coz i wanted to take a break from download during them, plus 20mb takes ages on a 56k and some people wont have that amount of time) and now downloading all the big patch's on the other bit (things over 1mb from 173-191) and now clicking auto download just to do all the small things i get this gay thing saying i have to download 143-191 as a exe. this wouldnt be so bad if i could do a manual downlaod coz it will speed up shitloads but there aint any fucking buttons to do so. how the fuck am i supposes to solve this stupid shitty bug that you should of fixed ages ago

ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Cryotchekk
01-11-03, 12:29
oh great, now i have fixed this im getting that patch 160 bollocks. this is fucking stupid the game has been out for over a year and u cant even fix the small things that actually make the game work on some level??????!?!?!?!?!?!? o.0

no wonder this game is fucking dieing

can sum1 please tell me if there isa site where i can download the patches one by one

Ryuben
01-11-03, 12:36
the FTP..........

ftp://ftp.neocron.com/retailpatches

[quote]getting that patch 160 bollocks. this is fucking [quote]

delte the one before it should work

Cryotchekk
01-11-03, 12:40
thank u

but why the fuck do i have to do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryuben
01-11-03, 12:44
Originally posted by Cryotchekk
thank u

but why the fuck do i have to do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*shrugs* dunno...but we keep on doing it

later on one of the other patches will fuck up like 159/160 jsut do the same thing :)

also i think some one said something about the US launcher version ...blah blah some one know ?

FuzzyDuck
01-11-03, 12:46
no patches = no updates = crap game = dying game.

good patches = good updates = more content = growing game.

Neocron I find is somewhere in the middle, however I feel your pain, it is a nuissance on 56k.

Cryotchekk
01-11-03, 12:52
it used to be ok when it had the big list of patch's. i found deleting all patch's under 100kb and 160, then manual 160 and let auto do all the others worked. but now they hve put the exe. things in, but it would be more useful if it said u had to go into the directory and install them (wich would he computer illiterate people like me) and also a link to that site ryuben posted on the launcher would be great.

NeoChick
01-11-03, 13:04
I know exactly how you feel. I am not a computer person either and it took me days to get this game re-installed again so it works. Somehow I got it to work eventually, don't even know what did it.

Even after downloading all the patches from another site and struggling with patches, that update launcher just did not work, regardless of how many times I copied it off the starting screen.

And it is completely true, it would put a lot of people off the game and loose customers

OpTi
01-11-03, 15:07
ftp://ftp.neocron.com/retailpatches/NeocronLauncher.exe <--- that fixes the patch 160 problem and a few other patches that have the same problem just replace the file in your NC directory