PDA

View Full Version : Loot System?

NeoChick
01-11-03, 07:00
I do not understand the loot system. I worked like crazy to get a psi core and to get xp. I have it now and hooray, now I don't die in the first five seconds if I come across a grim.
BUT

Today I killed
6 Doomies
4 Terror Leapers
3 Grim Chasers
4 Grim Prosecutors

and the only loot I got was rubbish, oh, I did get one vehicle part 10 (big whoopee)

Does it mean that if you get higher you dont get rares on mobs any more? So what am I working for to get XP and rares if they will result in nothing.

I could put on my sneakers and run around the block for two hours and have the same.

There is no fun in striving and working for NOTHING

What is the system? Should I rip out any imps, sell my psi core, go naked without armor? But still, what will I be working for, I will not want rares because dont want imps and will not want xp because what for?

Is there a point to all of this?

PS Perhaps start new chars over and over until DOY comes out?
reminds me of John Lennon
Imagine there's no heaven
Imagine there's no DOY

g0rt
01-11-03, 07:03
I think its just luck, when I go out and farm Fire Mobs (and I mean FARM them, aka 100-150 ***'s per run) we usually come back with about 50 techs on average.

That means every 3 ***'s drop a tech part. But have you seen how fast two high level APU's can drop a doom reaper with ppu support? :eek:

NeoChick
01-11-03, 07:06
I am an APU going solo. and I did not count all of the many hoppers and stuff i killed also, there were a real lot.
It is very disappointing. No sense of achievement, probably will go to the movies rather or something

REMUS
01-11-03, 07:10
I was quite impressed i went WB hunting for 30 mins and got

3 E's
2 T's
5 L's

NeoChick
01-11-03, 07:14
What I am trying to say I guess is does loot depend on what level you are. If you are higher level do you get less loot?

My friend is Level 40 and got expensive tech parts on every three star fire mob he killed in the same period I was on (he was in a different area)
I am now Level 59 and ziltch
Yesterday I was Level 56 (Before psi core and levelling) and I did get a few rares in the same area i hunted today

g0rt
01-11-03, 07:14
Originally posted by NeoChick
I am an APU going solo. and I did not count all of the many hoppers and stuff i killed also, there were a real lot.
It is very disappointing. No sense of achievement, probably will go to the movies rather or something

Yes but as a solo hunter you are supposed to have a hard time. With a group you should have an easy time. Thats standard for all MMORPGS.

Spoon
01-11-03, 07:16
It's because you play on Saturn, the loot drop is still gimped there , for some reason, compared to Pluto and Uranus...

My 2 cents worth.....

NeoChick
01-11-03, 10:18
thanks Spoon, you understand what I mean :)

To some others above:

It is not that I am saying I am having a hard time, I am saying that having a hard time and then getting no loot is not very exciting

deac
01-11-03, 11:07
hmm most likely just bad luck... my tank got like 6 parts from just killing some random doomies at cy when i was bored didnt even really "hunt"

oh yea the grims aint really worth it :\

MjukisDjur
01-11-03, 11:29
This is a very good question. In fact I used to keep my rank down to about 45 because it felt like I really got more tech parts. ATM im about 60 combat rank and I still get the parts. Thing is that zones seem to have a little part in this. If I hunt @ ns I get crap. Try some zones where people dont farm wbs - I get more parts. Must be coincidence but heck knows...

NeoChick
01-11-03, 12:54
Thanks, I made another thread about it not to spam but because I thought people misunderstood what I was talking about.

I may have to take my psi core out and use a weaker weapon.

And perhaps also change the area I am hunting in.

I' ll try that.

deac
01-11-03, 14:40
dont take the core out aslong as your rank is under or almost same as the mob your fine

ichinin
01-11-03, 14:42
Originally posted by Spoon
It's because you play on Saturn, the loot drop is still gimped there , for some reason, compared to Pluto and Uranus...

Gimped; in what way? I hunt on saturn, solo like 90% of the time and some days i get 2 rares in a row, some other days i get crap.

Cruzbroker
01-11-03, 15:28
I have 75/63 hunting at crp, haven't notice so much of a difference in earlier..