PDA

View Full Version : plz help me....

Tratos
01-11-03, 01:10
ARGH FUCK

my PC desided to fuck abit earlier today, ive just sat and had NC re-d/l 3000 files as it totaly fucked, now i thinkwhen its stoped d/lin shit im like YEY I GET TO GET SOME NEOCRACK but NNnnnnooooooooooooooOoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo..... when i load NC it comes up goes to the windowed black screen that goes off and onto a full black screen, this normaly happens then it loads the log in...but now o_O it just drops me to my desktop, ive used search and nowt came up about this, so does anyone have any advice???

id REALLY appreciate help from anyone, plz help me :( :(

i need my neocrack.

~T

\\Fényx//
01-11-03, 01:12
heh ive had this one before :( only way i could fix it was to...re.....re......reinstall :(

Tratos
01-11-03, 01:14
:( :( :( Nnnooooooooooooooooooo................ i cant reinstall NC cos my graphics drivers have gone to fuck and the setup dont work where you select the sound card grpahic etc..... :( i really cant believe this :(

i miss me neocrack :(

thnx \\Fényx// but anyone got any other ideas?

~T

Tratos
01-11-03, 01:32
sorry for the double post but i need to get help with this,

ok i tried restarting i tried updating, i dont get it, the "offline tutorial" works fine but i just get kaput from the actual game plz plz plz help me :( :( or my only option is to reinstall which id really like to not do

plz

~T

csh1
01-11-03, 01:41
get new graphics drivers? update direct x? ermmmfree up disk space (u neva know)

Tratos
01-11-03, 02:23
just sat and got new drivers new directx, and freed up some disk space,

non of these ideas worked, its time for the..th...th..t...th...th..the...r....reinstall

:( if this doesnt work im screwed, lol

~T

Shockwave
01-11-03, 02:57
If it doesn't work you could always try reinstalling your OS. It does a PC good to have Windowsreinstalled every once in a while.

*runs for cover from thrown objects*

Tratos
01-11-03, 03:02
just reinstalled neocron and all that and got this

http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/6/fubar'd.JPG

its like that on all the other drop downs aswell, or its got &*^£M)%£ or somthing to that effect :(

so im screwed because....

If it doesn't work you could always try reinstalling your OS. It does a PC good to have Windowsreinstalled every once in a while.

i dont know how to do this, im a n00b when it comes to things like that :( :(

so im pretty much fucked unless somone knows of a tutorial or can explain it to me in an e-mail or pm :( :(

~T

Shockwave
01-11-03, 03:14
Ok. You're running XP. What's your VGA card, sound card, processor, and if you know it make and model of your motherboard? Or, what's the make and model of the PC you bought? Oh, and is it just Neocron you're having problems with?

A reinstall of XP is relatively easy, though I'd treat it as a last resort if I were you. All you do is stick the WinXP CD in the drive and reboot (Or whatever system restore disks you got with the PC), then follow the on-screen prompts. Just temember to back up things like your documents, address book, emails, internet favourites, desktop backgrounds, and anything else you don't want to lose when the OS is blatted.

Tratos
01-11-03, 03:21
ok here goes i got:-

processor - pentium 4 2.4GHz
graphics card - GeForce 4 MX 440
mother board - gigabyte p4 titan (i think) and that has intergrated sound card.

that any help?

~T

stalked monkey
01-11-03, 03:35
I have found that formatting your hard drive, re-installing the operating system, and re-installing all your software (read: games) usually fixes anything. I have gotten it down that I can format and re install everything in UNDER THREE HOURS!!!! Yay for me. <gives himself a big hug>

Shockwave
01-11-03, 03:38
Any idea of the model number of your motherboard? It'll be something like GA-8xxxxx.

My initial reaction was the graphics drivers, but it'd screwing up on the sound too. That implies DirectX is at fault. The thing with DX is that it's a total bitch to remove... If DX is the cause you'll get problems in pretty much any game... Try running the graphics/sound detection routines in another game. Do you get the same thing?

Tratos
01-11-03, 03:38
ok my mother board is GA-8ST800

and jedi academy works ok with no problems at all if thats helpful info, lol

~T

Scikar
01-11-03, 03:45
No need to reinstall OS. You just need to reinstall NC and then edit the neocron.ini file manually, you can copy and paste this into it:

//neocron INIFILE
STARTTIME="12"
PREFDRIVER = "(D3D)Primary Display Driver"
PREFMODENAME = "1024x768x32"
PREFSOUNDDRIVER = "Generic DirectSound Driver"
PREFSOUNDMIXER = "Generic DirectSound Mixer"
GAMMA = "1.1"
STARTUPMENU = "TRUE"
SHOWCONSOLE = "TRUE"
FASTRUN = "FALSE"
CASTSHADOWS = "FALSE"
BIGLIGHTS = "TRUE"
WEAPONVISIBLE = "TRUE"
HUDACTIVE = "FALSE"
RECORDMOVIE = "FALSE"
STARTTIME = "12"
CAMREPLAY = "FALSE"
PLAYCDTRACK = "0"
SAVEMOVIE = "FALSE"
MOVIEFPS = "15"
NETBASEIP = "62.140.29.54:7000"
LOCALPORT="6002"

Just copy and paste that into your neocron.ini file in the \Neocron main folder and you're away. :)

Tratos
01-11-03, 03:49
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

IT LIVES

YEY YEY YEY YEY YEY

OMG H4X

Sickar wins,

but really thank you to anyone who has helped/attempted to in this thread :D

*hands everyone a cookie*

i r teh happy bunneh :D

~T

Shockwave
01-11-03, 03:53
You mean the graphics selection is OK? I seem to remember it's outside the game, maybe in the launcher for it.

Hmm. If that's the case it's something specific to Neocron. Bizarre.

Ok, what I suggest is uninstall Neocron entirely, and delete the install folder. Then, reinstall the game, and redownload all the patches (Rather than using already downloaded patch files) and apply them. It's a pain in the arse, I know, but it's the best I can think of at the moment. :/

Scikar
01-11-03, 04:07
There's nothing you can do, I had the same problem. The only solution is to edit the neocron.ini file manually and set the gfx device to Primary Display Driver. No idea why, but that's what you have to do, and it works. ;)

Shockwave
01-11-03, 04:20
I knew if I fumbled around like a blind man at an orgy that someone would post a known solution! :D

In my defence a full NC reinstall after a folder delete should have cured it... Corrupted INI file or a duff detection routine. :)
Glad you're back up and running, mate.

Tratos
01-11-03, 04:23
sex oh yeah, i almost went crazy with out my neocrack and it was only not working for 4 hours, lol

thanx everyone

have another cookie

~T

Scikar
01-11-03, 04:53
...mmmm....cookies.....