PDA

View Full Version : Where is Neocron!?!?!

kira wolf
31-10-03, 20:17
Just an interesting thing here:

http://www.gamespy.com/amdmmog/

some nice articles on MMOG's and Ill be damed if I can find anything on Monk-o-cron.

Deanus_willis
31-10-03, 20:47
Neocron is never mentioned in game reviews or comparisons because alot of fans of the Genre dont consider it a MMORPG. Well its not really; its a MMOFPS but it should be counted.
I think Neocron gives a great bridge between action games and the stats of MMORPG's.
take my friend for instance, played BF1942 for months and wanted to move onto something he can take pride in and run along a story line. i showed him SWG and like me he was bored to death with the crap combat system. And mostly he was plain scared to shit of the scale of it.
So i showed him neocron and now he's hooked, wont shut up about it. And now he is introducing fellow BF1942 players to Neocron. Hurray for neo!!
It deserves credit! :D

Nullifidian
31-10-03, 21:09
They mentioned Planetside in there.

This was an article about ALL MMOGs not just MMORPGs.

Neocron wasn't mentioned because it might as well not exist at this point. And it's not like DOY is actually going to be released. I honestly don't even believe they've done more then make a couple of maps just for demos.

Deanus_willis
31-10-03, 21:26
Thats fair comment, but for some reason alot of peeps havent even heard of Neocron and dont care what i say about it being good. Frankly i though Planetside was as shallow as BF1942 and UT2003. Doesn't go anywhere, but they still count it. Hmmm. maybe they should put an updated demo out on a few mags and see what happens. that how i descovered neocron
in regards to DoY, you may be right, but i dont think about it. If one day it turns up out of the blue i will say hurray for KK and play it. If it doesn't Meh. i still love this game despite its bad points :)