PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Neocron

superfresh
31-10-03, 20:12
According to some recent threads there are a lot of folks who thrive off of the forums when they are at work. They're so fixated on NC that they need to displace it with something when it's not readily accessible, and the forum is as close as they can get. So like a parasite they sink their teeth into the forums while at the office and nip at its vital fluids until they can get home and satiate themselves on NC itself.

At first I thought, "man, thats pathetic. Get back to work, get a life, whatever. Make some use of yourself." Then I thought, "wait a second. That's what I do."

So maybe there should be some virtual Neocron pages. Like a Plaza cam page and a CRP cam page, or some virtual footage of Neocron action. Something to feed the need of those of us who work for a buck.

*drools*

FBI
31-10-03, 20:44
<- Thinks about writting software for a live web "game cam"

Would be really easy to make too... [getting some wild ideas to
make it useful and worth using by other players]

...To the drawing boards!

FBI

Original monk
31-10-03, 20:48
I enjoy being a parasite and sink my teeth into the forum while at office and nip on neocrons vital fluids before i can go home satiate on neo itself :P

McEvoy
31-10-03, 20:48
ya even if i could just piggy back on someones charicter veiw that would give me somthing to nosh on..., ooh cripes the boss is comeing{ Alt + Tab }

Deanus_willis
31-10-03, 20:52
Holy shit thats the most UBER idea of the day!!
I could so get loads of people to play neocron if they saw what was happening in game while at work. If someone wrote that program they would truly be a NEO GOD!!

And thats a challenge!:p

FBI
31-10-03, 20:59
Originally posted by Deanus_willis
Holy shit thats the most UBER idea of the day!!
I could so get loads of people to play neocron if they saw what was happening in game while at work. If someone wrote that program they would truly be a NEO GOD!!

And thats a challenge!:p

Well i have a great idea for this program to work, i'm even thinking
of going all out and buying a domain for this :)

I'm going to start working on this later today in my notebook
and see how it's all going to work out, it's not hard to code
persay, this type of thing is definately in my experties.

I don't want to give too much away but if anyone remembers
FRAPS, well picture software like that but with the ability to host
live picture feed and a centralized server for others to access the
feeds... of course the user will have the ability for anonymity for
friends only, but the public option would submit the feed link to
my server...much like shoutcast+winamp.

Ok I'm not saying anymore.. [starts to write out a plan for project]

FBI

Deanus_willis
31-10-03, 21:01
Looks like you have accepted that challenge my good man, keep me informed. Id so sign up to that

Good luck! :)

SeXy Happy
31-10-03, 21:01
sweet would have so much fun watching someone play while at work.....

is that wierd???

hudsonbeck
31-10-03, 21:23
omg... thx superfresh and FBI.... now i am going to really get fired.

I dont think this is the best idea of the day, I think it is one of the best ideas yet!

FBI,
If you need any voluntiers for testing or for a "stationary video feed mule" :) i got the accounts, beefy PC, and connection speed for ya. If thats something you would need.

Hudson

Deanus_willis
31-10-03, 21:28
I dont think this is the best idea of the day, I think it is one of the best ideas yet!

i stand corrected, and agree fully. put me up for tester too. that would be sooooo sweet

FBI
31-10-03, 21:45
Well, I'm going to need testers so I already have two names
written down, thanks ;)

Now, I'm going to give the ability to take a screenshot at every X
minutes intervals (with optional duration Y minutes). This could be
fun for OP battles where you don't have time to manually take screenies,
this also lets others tune into the action from "work" for example :p

But, some people may not like their game being shared at intervals
so there is of course the "manual" option, when ever u hit the
screenshot key, it gets pumped into the feed.

So let's say PlayerA decides to do a PK spree and the manual
option set, each time he kills someone he'd hit F12 so everyone
who's tuning in can see which sorry guy he has killed.

..and even better imagine fansites incorporating this into their
site..."XClan game cam" so clanmates can see what's going on
from outside the game.

(/rant)

Ok i'm starting to work on it :D

.stay tuned..

FBI

Xin
31-10-03, 22:02
Hmm.. Low-Tech solution: I could just stand in plaza and point my camera at the monitor with a web cam proggie running in the background.. All I'd need is a webcam proggie and a host.. and to lock the kids out of the office. The last part is the only hard one.

hudsonbeck
31-10-03, 22:40
do you still think the high-tech solution is possible?:D ;)

H

Tratos
31-10-03, 22:48
Originally posted by FBI
Well, I'm going to need testers so I already have two names
written down, thanks ;)

Now, I'm going to give the ability to take a screenshot at every X
minutes intervals (with optional duration Y minutes). This could be
fun for OP battles where you don't have time to manually take screenies,
this also lets others tune into the action from "work" for example :p

But, some people may not like their game being shared at intervals
so there is of course the "manual" option, when ever u hit the
screenshot key, it gets pumped into the feed.

So let's say PlayerA decides to do a PK spree and the manual
option set, each time he kills someone he'd hit F12 so everyone
who's tuning in can see which sorry guy he has killed.

..and even better imagine fansites incorporating this into their
site..."XClan game cam" so clanmates can see what's going on
from outside the game.

(/rant)

Ok i'm starting to work on it :D

.stay tuned..

FBI

*bows down to FBI & superfresh*

*drools*

*comic book guy from simpsons voice*

BEST IDEA EVER :D

superfresh
01-11-03, 02:27
Originally posted by FBI
<- Thinks about writting software for a live web "game cam"

Would be really easy to make too... [getting some wild ideas to
make it useful and worth using by other players]

...To the drawing boards!

FBI

Sweet! Good luck.

*Goes for popcorn*

Valmur
01-11-03, 05:58
I have a "camera" player dummy in plaza ;) I'm making a moron video of Neocron =) Smile to the camera >:]

Morrow36
01-11-03, 06:03
Well, I'm going to need testers so

i would be honored to test this kind of program :) sounds like a great idea PM me F8i if u need more testers.

FBI
01-11-03, 10:33
Originally posted by Morrow36
i would be honored to test this kind of program :) sounds like a great idea PM me F8i if u need more testers.

Sure thing...but who is F8i? That's a different person, i'm "FBI".

..he copied my name!! well the F and I anyway :)

FBI/Parad0x ;)

Morrow36
01-11-03, 18:46
Sure thing...but who is F8i? That's a different person, i'm "FBI".

oh, i thought that was one of ur alts... well anyways contact me when u need me

Mumblyfish
01-11-03, 20:17
Originally posted by Morrow36
oh, i thought that was one of ur alts... well anyways contact me when u need me

F8i (pronounced "fate") is an old Synergy/SuXoR member. Don't confuse the two, or someone will start crying ;)

Deanus_willis
03-11-03, 16:09
hey FBI, any news on this?
got a prototype running over the weekend or something. Eager to show the peeps at work what im doing on my days off lol
i know a few people in my workplace who would worship you if this happened.
Good luck :cool:

Candaman
03-11-03, 16:16
voyeurism RULES

japata
03-11-03, 16:29
@FBI

Sounds swee-eet. Just remember to send it to KK before releasing it here on the boards. Wouldn't want to see your ass banned. :p

Jesterthegreat
03-11-03, 16:33
well im up for testing / using ^.^

i spend my life in NC / on NC forums haha

jernau
03-11-03, 16:39
ooh, I missed this before.

Nice idea.

I may have an alternative solution myself - would take a bit of tinkering but it's actually 90% set-up already from my in-game video experiments.

It would be video rather than slideshow and might I might even be able to remote control the "camera".

hmmm.....

Jesterthegreat
03-11-03, 16:43
that would be even better...

now if someone could get it to be interactive... however you would have to be voted into control etc, or do what the viewers suggest lol

can you imagine 20 people trying to control 1 char :lol:

wolfwood
03-11-03, 16:45
Get a pepper park cam =)

Jesterthegreat
03-11-03, 16:47
hmm... could you hide a long range observer in PP1 - with LE in?

if you can keep it from being shot by copbots - and have it seeing PP1 floor... ooooooh yeah!

jernau
03-11-03, 16:48
OK - to clarify that : I would be able to control it if it works.

Unless someone can tell me a secure way to pass DX input data to a remote system I'd be using a remote session to send the key-presses blind. Might be a bit Heath-Robinson but it would be enough to pan-scan around plaza with, for example.

I need to test on-the-fly multicasting though first or it's all for nought.

Jesterthegreat
03-11-03, 16:54
would you be able to allow other people access? could you imagine renting it out for a half hour at a time to people at work? you could earn a fortune! lmfao

Junkie

jernau
03-11-03, 17:11
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
would you be able to allow other people access? could you imagine renting it out for a half hour at a time to people at work? you could earn a fortune! lmfao

Junkie

Well, IF it works (can't test from work) it would mean having total control of my gaming PC and therefore all my NC characters so I don't think I'd want to do that.

My plan, for those who care, is :

1) Pipe the S-Video output of game-PC into TV card on server (already done)
2) Get Windows Media server to pick up the stream and turn it into a low-bit-rate MPEG-4 multicast via IIS (done this before a few times)
3) VNC into the game-PC with video disabled to send keyboard commands.

Like I say - it's crude but it ought to work.

Spoon
03-11-03, 17:14
You realize people are going to lose their jobs over this.....:wtf:

Sounds like a great idea, none the less.......:lol:

Jesterthegreat
03-11-03, 17:14
haha... all hail VNC ^.^ has been a few months since i used that...

cant remember what i use nowdays but iirc its quicker and refreshes more 'real time'

well if this works, it will be great - theoretically all we will have to do is run VNC and connect to you? or you streaming the video?

:edit: you VNC'ing in... i assume we will be just watching a stream

unless you can setup VNC to be keyboard only for you and vid only for everyone else? but i think us viewing in a media stream would be better

jernau
03-11-03, 17:21
The video stream would be totally seperate.

I'd only use VNC for the control aspect.

Tbh I hate VNC. Unless you want to support multiple OS platforms from a single client it's awful compared to every other alternative. The reason I'd use VNC is a) I'm pretty sure I can stop it sending me video which I don't want or need and b) it hooks into the console session by default, uses only one port to do so and doesn't break DX (unlike netmeeting).

I reckon you could write an ASP.NET app to send the commands in via Direct-Input (assuming NC uses it) and then have a web interface but that would be far too much like work. :)

Jesterthegreat
03-11-03, 17:26
so how would peeps see this? we talkin like a stream in media player (IE type in address - see stream)?

well if you get it up PM me / email me (im sure you can do it from my profile?) and ill help test etc

Patso
03-11-03, 17:26
Originally posted by superfresh
According to some recent threads there are a lot of folks who thrive off of the forums when they are at work. They're so fixated on NC that they need to displace it with something when it's not readily accessible, and the forum is as close as they can get. So like a parasite they sink their teeth into the forums while at the office and nip at its vital fluids until they can get home and satiate themselves on NC itself.

At first I thought, "man, thats pathetic. Get back to work, get a life, whatever. Make some use of yourself." Then I thought, "wait a second. That's what I do."

So maybe there should be some virtual Neocron pages. Like a Plaza cam page and a CRP cam page, or some virtual footage of Neocron action. Something to feed the need of those of us who work for a buck.

*drools*

LOL, this describes me as well! What about having a Java based client so we can do things like LOM and check stats while at work. This would be easier than the full client and we could hide it from the annoying boss.....

Or a client that works in VMWare....

Heavyporker
03-11-03, 17:28
Ok, while this all sounds interesting...

Why not make two avenues into this?

One - Observer Drone just flying around patrol-pattern in a sector, can be toggled around between different drones/characters. Basically, those public surviellance deals, perfect if you do it like those NCPD drones. Much as I hate macros themselves (since they got tradeskillers nerfed) it might work great here - just set something up to keep the drone going around in a nice steady pattern. Could have the important chat channels open so you can hear everything, plus snippets from local channel, giving this a lot of that voyuerism hit.

Two - Views from a character. Completely random and up to the controller. Everything would be up to this player.

I much prefer the One path :D

Jesterthegreat
03-11-03, 17:30
well peeps...

1. a java based game login page for ANYONE to use would be sweet... but i would never use (key loggers etc) and this would mean giving people access to his PC (as he said about VNC)

2. before you do ANY of this - i advise discussing this with KK or at least a forum mod...

evs
03-11-03, 17:32
hmm what id like is an updated realtime html format nc world map.

i can see when ops are ninja'd then :D

FBI
03-11-03, 21:40
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Ok, while this all sounds interesting...

Why not make two avenues into this?

One - Observer Drone just flying around patrol-pattern in a sector, can be toggled around between different drones/characters. Basically, those public surviellance deals, perfect if you do it like those NCPD drones. Much as I hate macros themselves (since they got tradeskillers nerfed) it might work great here - just set something up to keep the drone going around in a nice steady pattern. Could have the important chat channels open so you can hear everything, plus snippets from local channel, giving this a lot of that voyuerism hit.

Two - Views from a character. Completely random and up to the controller. Everything would be up to this player.

I much prefer the One path :D

I am creating a neocron game cam. like a web cam it takes pics at
intervals or if the user decides to, manually. live video feed will be
a possibility once i am done, currently it's not a first priority as it
would be alot of work and it's not like everyone of us has a computer
that can play NC, stream it's video (making the game 5-15fps and
0fps in op battles), then upload this stream to 10+ users. images
are different though, and everyone, even 56kers with low end
systems, can take advantage of this program.

Your ideas are going overboard, to a point where strict permission
from KK would have to be a first. However, there will be sorta
surviellance like.

..Because, if the clients who use this program check "add to public
server" option, their game cam link and name they enter get's
added to the centralized server, where everyone can "tune" in.
So imagine going to a website with ..say (if this gets enough
popularity) 100 thumbnails showing from different player's currenty
ingame along with their link and ingame name.

Example (random ips):

Player A
http://33.45.22.152:2982
http://mike.9m3.com/public/thumb1.jpg

Player B
http://66.31.65.111:2982
http://mike.9m3.com/public/thumb2.jpg

..Well you get the idea. Tune into what looks more interesting,
like op battle shots. Or see what that certain someone is doing
currently, at the same time..let others know what your doing.

I'll keep y'all updated.

FBI

jernau
03-11-03, 23:34
OK - stage one is done.

I don't know how long this will be up for or whether my connection will behave itself but give it a go :

mms://indifference.homeip.net/cron

I'm on #neocron for a while and in-game on Saturn if you want to tell me it's working.

Krll
03-11-03, 23:42
Cool! Plaza 2 aggie sewers! :)

What's the pistol you're using?

-Krll

jernau
03-11-03, 23:44
Originally posted by Krll
Cool! Plaza 2 aggie sewers! :)

What's the pistol you're using?

-Krll

Wyatt Earp - gun of winners :p

jernau
04-11-03, 01:35
OK - slightly tidier and I've upped the quality from "total crap" to "crap". Actually it's multicasting now so several levels of crapness are available :).

This version (http://indifference.homeip.net/CronCam.htm) is embedded in a web page so it's easier to hide from the boss but it might whine if you don't have the MP9 codecs. If so run the mms one once then use this from then on.

Tycho C
04-11-03, 02:19
Works on and off here at the school on the T1 line =P

Pretty cool though, till someone pushed you off the ledge:mad:

jernau
04-11-03, 02:23
Yeah, my media server is doing something odd with the multi-cast. It got up to 11 people there for a while and was chugging more than it should have.

I think I need a bigger hammer to get it working ;).

Still, it's a start.

Mumblyfish
04-11-03, 02:35
Wow, this is actually more fun than PLAYING. I'm worried...

Looking forward to seeing what Paradox has got under his belt. In his pants. Whatever. I hope it's big.

Artie
04-11-03, 02:53
Wow, if KK got behind this project they could use it to advertise neocron to the masses. Think about it...it'd be uber!

superfresh
04-11-03, 03:37
Originally posted by Artie
Wow, if KK got behind this project they could use it to advertise neocron to the masses. Think about it...it'd be uber!

My favorite thing about it is what it could do to help KK. I wish I could do more to help technically but I'm kinda stoopit. :p

Would give a much more accurate representation of NC than the offline demo.

Artie
04-11-03, 04:00
My favorite thing about it is what it could do to help KK. I wish I could do more to help technically but I'm kinda stoopit. :p

Would give a much more accurate representation of NC than the offline demo.

w0rd. I mean, i would try to help, but i'm on a 56k currently. If i was able to get back into NC, i'd be able to host a DAMN nice video stream on my Dual 2 ghz Xeons. (Getting dedicated full t1, non of that fractional shit ^^ with a class c static ip range)

Anyways, i really would love to help them out. I'm kinda selfish though, as i'd love to see more people playing. If this would help, fuckit, i'd help as much as possible.

Whitestuff
04-11-03, 04:23
I dunno how good of a tester I will be, but I'll test it out. Anything to get something cool like this off the ground.

And I have always been a big fan of FBI. He does such great work.

Artie
04-11-03, 04:43
Originally posted by WhiteKrAkRBOi
I dunno how good of a tester I will be, but I'll test it out. Anything to get something cool like this off the ground.

Yeah, great work KILLING PEOPLE! :P Anyways, i totally agree. PM me FBI if you need me to do anything. I'm currently fluent in C++, VB (lol it's a language) and...umm.BASIC. :P

w0rd. I think this would be really awesome. This could hook ex nc players that don't know if they want to come back....:angel:

Heavyporker
04-11-03, 06:03
uhh... does the images go trhough the line in BMP or JPG form?

I assume it'd be rather like a slideshow.

and why multiple views? just stick to one droner flybys around the city! :P

FBI
04-11-03, 08:43
Originally posted by WhiteKrAkRBOi

An FBI fan, I'm flattered :)

I'll need testers with just different systems to test the client on,
not much "skill" will be involved, so i'll add your name to my list
along with 4 others now.

Originally posted by Artie
Yeah, great work KILLING PEOPLE! :P Anyways, i totally agree. PM me FBI if you need me to do anything. I'm currently fluent in C++, VB (lol it's a language) and...umm.BASIC. :P

w0rd. I think this would be really awesome. This could hook ex nc players that don't know if they want to come back....:angel:

On the odd chance I get too caught up in my work, I'll take you
on the offer... But the client will be in Delphi 7 ;) (if all fails, vb maybe)

You shouldn't frown at VB, i'm a hardcore vb programmer and in
my opinion nothing can replace it in terms of RAD (rapid application
development)

And yes... this is going to be truely a fine addition to neocron if
all goes as planned.

Originally posted by Heavyporker
uhh... does the images go trhough the line in BMP or JPG form?

I assume it'd be rather like a slideshow.

and why multiple views? just stick to one droner flybys around the city! :P

JPG of course, it's going to be the equivalent of a web cam with
user set refresh/capture intervals based on performance. Computers
with faster hardware can sustain quicker snapshots for the "game cam"
and also internet connection speed is a huge factor on which
picture dimensions and quanity your speed can handle.

As for the "multiple views" well, maybe clan mates want to see
what a clan is upto and a view on each member of a "team" during
a raid, opbattle, PK rampage etc. As for the droner flyby, the best
part about this is that people can choose to do that as well. If
people want to use a drone and give a tour of zones, etc then
they can set up their own game cam for others. IE. their own service.

Expect updates soon, I have a list of people i'll be contacting
for different testing "positions" as well.

FBI

jernau
04-11-03, 11:21
Give me a yell. I'd be glad to help and droning is no problem.

phunqe
04-11-03, 12:26
Originally posted by FBI
...You shouldn't frown at VB...

You shouldn't frown at the "OMG H4X KOS *taking mouse in cord and slam it into monitor* ARRRG WTF CRAP MISCROSHIT ARGH KOS *keyboard parts flying around like a swarm of pissed off bees trying top find whoever stole their flowers*" that VB causes, either :p

:D

Heavyporker
04-11-03, 20:35
Mmmm... gonna be interesting.. dunno if I can particpate in this sort of thing, but I'm fooking glad my monk on Pluto drones :D

Ascension
04-11-03, 21:24
not wrkin now?:wtf:

Whitestuff
04-11-03, 21:38
Jernau.... I am not getting anything off your feed though it say s I am connected.... please explain what I am supposed to do? Maybe in some wierd way I am getting it wrong.

hudsonbeck
04-11-03, 22:23
I was on Jernau's feed a little bit ago and it was fine... just staring at a wall or something ;)

H

SeXy Happy
04-11-03, 22:51
is there any way that we can get this to watch it without having the MP9 codecs? I am at work and we are running on MP7 version and I am not able to see it.

Eledhbrant
04-11-03, 23:31
I love this idea

Definetly staying tuned :)

Krll
04-11-03, 23:31
I think his cam is down for now. It worked ok for me yesterday, but I'm just getting a black screen at the moment.

-Krll

jernau
05-11-03, 01:52
Originally posted by Krll
I think his cam is down for now. It worked ok for me yesterday, but I'm just getting a black screen at the moment.

-Krll

Yeah, sorry guys. As I can't control it remotely at the moment he's at the whims of plaza 1 traffic. I put him under the lampost in the corner hoping no-one could get behind there and move him but he got slowly nudged round till he was facing into the corner. As a close-up of a wall seemed pointless I turned it off.

I'll try to remember to set it up again tomorrow morning before I go to work so try it after 8AM GMT if you like.

I'll also try to get my housemate to stop downloading shitty movies tomorrow as that wasn't helping any today.

I did at least work out why the multicast isn't working and I have a solution though it may not get sorted for a day or two. Once it does I should be able to bump up the res enough so the chat can be read OK.

wrt codecs - I used MP9 mainly because it was the easiest at the time. When I redo it properly I'll also probably move to standardised MPEG-4 which should work better on non-MS and older players.

Torteth
05-11-03, 10:11
Woah, nice idea FBI.

Count me in for testing the ranomd screen grab program! I am an LE using spy and spend most of my time Solo hunting or chatting in Plazza 1, so it wont be that exciting, but I'm willing to give the masses something to look at whilst they're stuck at work...

So send me a PM or catch me in #neocron if you want to gimme the link to download the program... :D

hudsonbeck
05-11-03, 16:57
Originally posted by Torteth
Woah, nice idea FBI.

Count me in for testing the ranomd screen grab program! I am an LE using spy and spend most of my time Solo hunting or chatting in Plazza 1, so it wont be that exciting, but I'm willing to give the masses something to look at whilst they're stuck at work...

So send me a PM or catch me in #neocron if you want to gimme the link to download the program... :D

The origional idea came from Superfresh
The development has come from Jernau and FBI

Give credit where credit is due;)

Hudson

FBI
05-11-03, 18:03
Originally posted by hudsonbeck
The origional idea came from Superfresh
The development has come from Jernau and FBI

Give credit where credit is due;)

Hudson

Well..

*drools*

There are already tools out there that can do this, like fraps and
windows media encoder to show live feed/sound. Some of you have
created NC movies.

I thank superfresh for sparking my idea, the game cam, which I
think is totally different from his "idea(s)"...but it did give me my
ideas, which will be much more than just a CRP cam page. The only
words that sparked my ideas were "action" and "cam". It's just one
of those days where my mood was right and saw the development
process played out in my head with it's code.

Matrix neo style, sorta. :p

FBI

jernau
05-11-03, 18:21
Just to be fair - FBI is doing something way cooler than my lash-job onto a streaming server :).

I hope he gets it up and running, it sounds like a cool app.

superfresh
05-11-03, 19:27
I just want some Virtual Neocron. :) Looks like FBI & Jernau are putting in some solid work.

Leebzie
06-11-03, 02:38
Live game web cam ? if i had an ftp and host that allowed remote linking id make it now... (using TV card/VCR/Webcamftp software)

omg this idea is ub3r h4x... live plaza cam. Maybe ill make a trial of it.

Deanus_willis
07-11-03, 19:03
i get confronted with a username & password screen when i try to take a peep. have you closed it to jo public?
if so, np, just wanna see how things are coming along ;)

greendonkeyuk
07-11-03, 19:18
wow...... is all i can say...... im imagining the potential this thing could have if it works. i mean im not teccy at all but if you need testers etc then ill gladly add my name to the list. if people can view this stuff on the net as live action you think long term they could send it to your mobile or somethin! Now that would be awesome... dreams

"having a beer in town with the boys, mobile bleeps, pick it up and its an sms msg from a clan mate... look at the screen ONOZ SOMEONE HACKED CHESTER LAB!!!111oneone"

Now that would own.

But how would you tell the real world from the dream world.......

jernau
08-11-03, 05:31
Originally posted by Deanus_willis
i get confronted with a username & password screen when i try to take a peep. have you closed it to jo public?
if so, np, just wanna see how things are coming along ;)

If you mean CronCam then yeah, it's down atm.

I need to dedicate my game PC to it so I can't leave it on 24/7 unfortunately. I'm in the process of migrating to a new server though and once that's done I should be able to make a more permanent and stable rig for it.

If anyone wants it back up though I can fire it up on request any time I'm at home. Just PM me.

Ryleck
08-11-03, 20:04
theres one itty bitty problem

newcomers saw how fux0red the netcode was.... noone will ever join the game agagin =(

bit i like the idea.... 5 stars

Beanie McChimp
09-11-03, 01:25
If you get this working it could be the next step in clan game viewing like in Counter-Strike some one could be having a clan fight and some bloke in Russia could be watching it. Its like live action FRAPS. This is the next step in online gaming

WORLD BEWARE!!!

FBI
10-12-03, 20:06
Satus updates.

Yes the project is still being worked on, these things don't get
done in one week, but currently I have a prototype that i've been
testing, so far so good. I'll give it another week for an actual working
beta version. Right now i'm still working on the serverside portal
where people can find and tune into all of the current action etc.

stay tuned. (..beta testers ;) )

FBI

RuriHoshino
10-12-03, 21:48
*various ideas suddenly bump into each other*

Has anyone ever seen or tried one of those wearable computer? The ones with the little HUD type thing over one eye? I think the guy that thought it up is a canadian? Imagine one of those with a P-5 glove and a wireless card.....8|

jernau
10-12-03, 22:26
Originally posted by FBI
Satus updates.

Yes the project is still being worked on, these things don't get
done in one week, but currently I have a prototype that i've been
testing, so far so good. I'll give it another week for an actual working
beta version. Right now i'm still working on the serverside portal
where people can find and tune into all of the current action etc.

stay tuned. (..beta testers ;) )

FBI

Beta tester standing by.

Mumblyfish
10-12-03, 22:37
Beta tester standing by... in a car! If that wasn't enough... in the kind of car Flash Gordon would drive! I love testing, so much I stood in a car.

I kick arse at making the hard sell.

SeXy Happy
10-12-03, 23:47
Originally posted by RuriHoshino
*various ideas suddenly bump into each other*

Has anyone ever seen or tried one of those wearable computer? The ones with the little HUD type thing over one eye? I think the guy that thought it up is a canadian? Imagine one of those with a P-5 glove and a wireless card.....8|

Hey do you konw what those HUD little computers are called? I wonder if they are marketable. I haven't seen any, but it looked so cool! To have that mix would be insane! But didn't the HUD use the pupil as a mouse? I thought that it followed eye movement and clicks were performed by eye blinks....if so could you imagine your eye after an OP?

BLINKBLINKBLINKBLINKBLINKBLINKBLINKBLINKBLINKBLINK....etc.