PDA

View Full Version : Community

Prodigious
31-10-03, 13:30
I started this game through playing the demo which arrived on a PC magazine i get every month and i found it fun, and decided, hey i wil give it a go, this neocron, looks kinda fun.

It was, and still is beside a few minor / MAJOR points.

But one which has arisen recently is the community, in a few threads a few people have had a little moan, now one thing i remember from a long time ago is someone saying that this game is too full of CS and Q3 players that wanted something....with stats.

Is this true, how many people are seasoned roleplayers?
How many people are just FPS fans that looked for a change?

I come under the second category, but i dont feel i have had too much of an affect on the community, i have just tried to blend in.

But some of the things people come out with in the forums....:

OMG HAXXORS JOO N00B GET SUM SKILLZ IF JOO SORT DAT OUT MAYBE YOU'D STAND A CHANCE GAINST MY l33TNESS, WE OWNZ J00 AND YOUR MATE HAHA

................you get the point

i remember once getting killed in PP1 in probably 2 hits from a HL (i wont start on monks O_o ) and i went on help channel and stated,"Can anyone help me out with my Setup?"

what do i get in reply?well what you would probably expect

"Is that cos i just owned you in PP?HAHAHA"

cue friends coming on and repeating to, well, for a long time.

But why?Why the need to do that, its a help channel, this is just a start on some examples of assholes in the community. And i do feel that this game is full of Q3 and CS gamers, this is my first MMORPG and i like it, but the community feels like a 200player CS server.

If you are CS / Q3 players or whatever other game, this isnt the same kind of community, or at least shouldnt be, now i have nothing against FPS players, i still like the odd game of CS myself, but leave it behind when you log onto these forums or into the game proper, and if your not an FPS player and are just a RPG player or anything else, you have no reason to state these comments, you really are just a genuine arsehole. and need to get some social skills.

I always thought RPG's were for intelligent gamers, not Serious Sam clones. Maybe i was wrong???

I'm no god send to the NC community, but at the same time im not a burden on NC like some of you appear to be.

Original monk
31-10-03, 13:44
Originally posted by Prodigious
I always thought RPG's were for intelligent gamers, not Serious Sam clones. Maybe i was wrong???

Sadly enough this game is full off small little rats whining (yelling NERF NERF woot woot and stuff like that) for every possibly aspect especially if they get killed by someone (some other class)...

Intelligent gamers ? in youre dreams yup, mammy's visa and the counterstrike "ownage L337" attitude makes this game going to shit... fo a while now...

Good luck playing, i dont wonna discourage you because the game on itself is beautifull ... but sumthimes you meet the wrong people ...

edit: with all do respect for cs, quake, sof, mohaa, rtcw etc players, i play HL, tfc, fire-arms and cs for 5 or is it 6 years by now, but you cant accuse me of being so childish and lame as the people yelling to you on OOC/help ...

sparrowtm
31-10-03, 13:50
Civ III community roxx0rs. No flames, civilized discussions and respect for the human behind the screen.

wuzzies :p

Oath
31-10-03, 13:56
KLOLTHXBYE NERF NERF WOOT WOOT.................................oh right...........................jokes.

Community is becoming sucky.

Always has been degenerating since the start of retail.

El_MUERkO
31-10-03, 13:59
All the reasonabl/sane/casual gamers left ages ago, now we've got the hard core community which is made up of about 50% total muppets, 49% neocrack junkies that want to get off but cant and 1% coolness, which is me :)

You see theres only 100 of us we just have so many alts you'd think theres more of us :cool:

ericdraven
31-10-03, 14:00
Originally posted by Oath
Community is becoming sucky.

Always has been degenerating since the start of retail.
Yeah, but i don't understand why?

I doubt it's because new people joined.. i rather think all those kiddies just learned spelling/writing and try it out now here on this forum..

[SP]Ostrich
31-10-03, 14:00
Heh, you say that Oath, think about beta :P... wolf gang, joat, crackheads etc... it got better for a while.

I'm the burden on the community methinks ^^

Oath
31-10-03, 14:06
Originally posted by [SP]Ostrich
Heh, you say that Oath, think about beta :P... wolf gang, joat, crackheads etc... it got better for a while.

I'm the burden on the community methinks ^^
LoL, yeah you should quit and free our minds...............jokes heh.

Agreed beta had a few losers, but generally the community was better, kk listened o_O, there werent as much NERF OMFG IF YOU DONT NERF IM GOING TO QUIT OMFFGFFFFGG LOLOLOOLOLSOLLO!O~L~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!H4XKOS!!!!!!!!1111oneoneonon.......

well, maybe there were lol.

@ eric, its cos most of the older, good natured people got bored and left, look at marx O_o lol.

People sell there accounts, give em to mates, and the people you once knew and respected turn into Aholes, lol sometimes the new player is better though heh.

Theres no real way to improve the community until some of its members grow the fuck up, wich, in honesty i cant see happening.

Legoias
31-10-03, 14:45
Originally posted by ericdraven
Yeah, but i don't understand why?

I doubt it's because new people joined.. i rather think all those kiddies just learned spelling/writing and try it out now here on this forum..

It probably the personal attacks on DM, Trade, OCC and Help.

You get killed : "hahah i pwned j00 wiv my nail gun, i r0x0rs wiv ur momma"

or you kill someone: "<bad words> j00 are a <cat> j00 shot me when my ppu was afk, hahah 6 months ago i pwned j00 so j00 must be a hax0r now!!!1111oneoneone"

2 nights ago for the first time in 2 months I decided to pvp a little. I logged my ppu monk and helped some folks fighting in pp1. Yhat was pritty fun, there were around 7 people from 3 factions all shooting and dieing. No one complained or bitched - good fun. One thing I did notice was 3 of these guys were relatively new to the server (uranus) the fought and didn't bitch.

Last night I had a fight with time old friends, killed one almost got owned myself. It was 2 PE's + a PPU v my PE. I killed a runner then got bitched at because they weren't ready O_o ... out numbered and out of practice and I was still mocked.

You can't win with these people.

Later that night I killed some other runner (enemy faction) and he brought 3 or 4 people to help him get me..sux0r. I left, got called a Pu55y for running of..out numbered, out skilled, alone...damn what was I suppose to do stand and get slaughtered?

The old time attitude has gone now, the communtity is at an all time low, people dont feel like playing a game where it's less game and more personal.

I have fond memories from the start of retail getting pked, fighting and having F U N. I *almost* wish I hadn't reactivated my account this summer, but i doubt i'll make that mistake again.

Lathuc
31-10-03, 15:08
i hate peeps that whine when they die its just so sad really and i did play cs on and off from beta 5.2 (it was good back then not as many wankers hehe). if peeps die and whine ignore them and kill them again hehe or you can report them for bad mouthing and stuff but that is upto you :rolleyes:

Original monk
31-10-03, 15:54
Originally posted by Lathuc
i hate peeps that whine when they die

People that whine when they die are newbies.

why do i say this ? because when you play this game a bit longer then you are used to dieing allready :P

And ok its not fun when youre mc5 chip popped out for the 3rd time that day and you have to go yell over trade and ooc and help for a 115 poker :/ but that happens rarely hé ...

And i dont believe i died alot in my neoconlife by PvP, i think i died 900 times more due to bugs lol (and being overcouraged when attacking them hard mobs :P)

enjoy playing game