PDA

View Full Version : Generic "Nerf The Tanks" thread

Benjie
30-10-03, 23:58
Really though. Why do people complain about tanks all of the time? In PvP they may not be the greatest, but they still stand a fair shot at ownage, if you have a nice setup. Is the fact that out of 4 classes, the no.1 combat orrientaited class, the class named after the vehicle that sustains damage, the class designed by monks to sustain the most damage, actually has the 3rd greatest defence out of all 4? Is it the fact that those huge shoulder mounted cannons are all except one the worst weapons in the game for PvP? Is it the fact that out of Plasma Cannons, Fusion Cannons, Flamers, Grenades, Rocket Launchers, raygun cannons, grenade launchers, gatling cannons and laser cannons, only two are actually decent. Infact most are obsolete, the rest are all just lamer versions of each other. Is it the weapons? Is it the fact that the power of the weapons are by no means enough to compinsate for the lack of defence and lack of variety? Or is it the fact that there is one setup ONLY for a heavy class tank that can not be altered without gimphood? A stupid lack of choice for a tank. Is it that tanks can only get money AFTER they have bought most of there expensive shit. lowbie tanks can't earn money half as well as any other class. In fact even capped tanks don't earn as much money because a tank can't hack warbots and a tank hasn't got the PPU to handle chasers. On the otherhand a spy with all the tradeskills can snipe hack and loot warbots and make cash, and a pe with variaty speed pwnage and sexy looks can buff themselves to the point they can handle high end firemobs solo, loot them and make even more money? Is it the fact that tanks all look like they failed to get onto the cast of star trech, or some old gimp-tard with no matching clothes? Is it the fact that our freezer's have been nerfed so much that the nothing more than a waste of space in the database? Is it the fact that there are soooo many stupid weapons? Is it the fact that there is only 1 good melee PvP weapon that is only effective against 1 class? Is it the fact that tanks get fucked up the ass from droms and sexed and bla di bla bla? Is it the fact that tanks don't get toys where as spy's get stealth, scopes, a mini hacking game and tips. PE's get stuff from everyclass and can use a lot of it at the same time, monks get ummm overpowerment? ffs the only cool tank toys are the Junk Knife and 10-20 damage from hand to hand! Is it the fact that the first tank cannon is so high up the ladder that most newbs will spec melee, only to lom it later on? Is it the fact that have to roleplay as being retards? Is it the fact that we are forced to tuck our shirts into our pants and our pants into our shoes? or is it the fact that we havn't had love in ages?

On the pro side we look the coolest when we sex dead people.

TheDuckMan
31-10-03, 00:00
The problem with tanks are.

Get ready for this.

There isnt one.

No one just wants to take 2 days and figure out a good setup. Tanks can own anything. Its just because they say heavy combat class or whatever, people expect them to be able own even with a crappy setup. Tanks can go damn fast with a good setup and have good con. It just tanks a few days to figure it out. Tanks are good, just the people complaining have no skill.

Benjie
31-10-03, 00:00
Originally posted by TheDuckMan
The problem with tanks are.

Get ready for this.

There isnt one.
Yes there is, it just isn't all in 1 aspect. Its the entire package that makes tanks useless.

And what do you mean "a" good setup? You mean "the only" good setup. There is only 1 configuration for a tank.

y544tji
31-10-03, 00:02
there is a problem with tanks
we got nothing i made posts about it,

un nerf runspeed whilst heavy weapon is equipped and tanks are back in the running

TANKS UNITE LETS GET OUR RUNSPEED BACKL!!@?!

Benjie
31-10-03, 00:08
i dont think that giving tank runspeed will slove anything. We will pwn PvP (bad thing) but still have average PvM and lack any sort of variety.

kk need to allow for tank support weapons such as stun grenades that they promised so long ago. They also need to up tank defence in PvM.

I suggest the following things.

1: Increase the pro's in tank PA. (would help for PvM but the runspeed hit makes them less viable for PvP, which is good)
2: Implement those promised stun grenades
3: Un nerf freezer cannon damage, flamers and grenade launchers
4: Un nerf Freezer Melee weapons so Melee can be viable for PvP.

y544tji
31-10-03, 00:11
well dude try pk'ing someone solo with a tank
if you dont catch them unprepared and own them quick then you will never catch up with them.

maybe your a dueler or mass pvper with lots of ppl,

but solo it hits tanks hard

it becomes a cat and mouse game as soon as you chase and equip weapon they keep running to a good distance to shoot back and heal (where plasma cannon accuracy sux lol)

Benjie
31-10-03, 00:14
Originally posted by y544tji
if you dont catch them unprepared and own them quick then you will never catch up with them.

maybe your a dueler or mass pvper with lots of ppl,

but solo it hits tanks hard

it becomes a cat and mouse game as soon as you chase and equip weapon they keep running to a good distance to shoot back and heal (where plasma cannon accuracy sux lol)
Damn good point, and what pisses me off is an APU would have no problem with this due to range and no aiming and poison.

Here is a novel idea. Remove the aim circle from cannons. :) (and lower the rof to compinsate)

y544tji
31-10-03, 00:18
well that would work also if tanks had aiming like apus
lol

but i would prefer run unnerfed i like leg humping with plasma cannon

it feels like you know what (will get banned if i say the WORD ONOZ)

when you kill someone leghumping

Thundra
31-10-03, 00:18
hear hear give the tanks some love.

top class unreadable mess there but i agree 100%

Darth Slayer
31-10-03, 00:23
Erm my Tank can solo Chasers without a PPU.
I admit I need a buddy to hack Warbots tho.......;)

Benjie
31-10-03, 00:24
Make tanks aim like apu's and reduce rof on cannons to compinsate, so there is no delay difference between long range and short range. Make sure it's fine tuned so tanks arn't overpowering or sucky though. That should compinsate for the runspeed hit from cannons and pa.

To be honest I think it's realistic anyway. You point the thing in the right direction and let it rip, unlike the pistol and rifle.

Sorry about the starter thread it was a 100% rant.

Thundra
31-10-03, 00:28
the entire aiming system doesnt suit the games game engine. it needs to be liek counter strike where it starts perfect aim and as u hold the trigger donw it get worse forcing u to fire in controlled bursts. better than watching a recticle get smaller only for ya target to disapear as u press fire

hinch
31-10-03, 00:38
Originally posted by y544tji

ok i`ll ignore that and just ask spirit from last night how easy it is for a solo tank to kill

1apu 2 tanks and 1 spy

Benjie
31-10-03, 00:39
Originally posted by Thundra
the entire aiming system doesnt suit the games game engine. it needs to be liek counter strike where it starts perfect aim and as u hold the trigger donw it get worse forcing u to fire in controlled bursts. better than watching a recticle get smaller only for ya target to disapear as u press fire
agreed that a pvp revamp is needed.

Automatic weapons should work like that, sniper rifles and other long range rifles should have the recticle, certain weapons like spells and single shot pistols should have no aiming circle at all and be just like a golden gun from duke nukem. Damn I hate the recticle. :o

Marzola
31-10-03, 01:00
Remove the aiming reticle from heavy weapons? To be honest, that's the worst idea i've heard, and that's coming from a Tank. I agree that us Tanks need some loveing, but that's not the right approach. Maybe increase the aiming on a CS a bit, but not make it point, click, BOOM.

Another possible solution is from what I've read an neocron.ems.ru, characters get an "Iron Skin" which abosorbes 33% of damage of an attack (this is no resists). How about increasing that on a Tank from 33% to somewhere like 37%-40%. That would give tanks a little boost in defense, but not make them invounerable to all attacks.

The one thing that i truely DO think that needs to be done for Tanks is have our AoE boosted and be given a rare gatling cannon. That would atleast change a Tank's role in an OP fight a little and make the class more interesting to play.

So far people have sugested: Increasing runspeed with HC weapons out, boosting defense, boosting attack, and various other things. A lot of peopel have said that all three should be done. If all three are done that would make tank's WAY overpowered. Right now it is extremely close to balanced between Tanks and Private Eyes. People need to think their ideas through before they go posting them. Think about what possible side effects what they suggest would have on balance instead of "THIS WILL MAKE MY CLASS UBER HAR HAR HAR HAR!!!!".

Back to my point, Tanks don't need a big boost. Only small things need to be done.

Thundra
31-10-03, 01:02
yes snipers should keep the rectcle deff but it needs to go for other weapons.

spells no recticle liek u said.
AoE weapons no recticle when crouching and just worse aim when standing not blind drunk squirel aim that it is now when u stand

joran420
31-10-03, 01:34
tanks used to ALWAYS win 1 vs 1 combat now they lose about 50% of the time .....sounds about right to me...im sick of ppl bitching just cause they cant pwn every other class any more.....monks were total crap for a loooonng time...then some ppl found hybrid setups and they told other ppl and then all of a sudden monks were still crap but hybrids were way overpowered...so KK nerfs hybrids and gives pure monks a little loving and now every one screams nerf cause they lose sometimes(all the time if enemy has PPU and u dont....or damn near all the time) but APU monks on 1 vs 1 battles prolly win about 30% of the time....

STOP FUCKIN CRYING CAUSE U SUCK..... I suck and lose about 90% of my fights but i dont come on here and say Nerf the PE....Nerf teh CS ....nerf nerf nerf...

FUCKIN SHEEP

sl33py
31-10-03, 01:50
i don't see what your problem is??
runspeed will fix tanks in pvp you say but not in pvm, i guess you suck at pvm cause my tank can solo hover bombers.
Well i must admit I had an "ubar" melee tank rank nothing/evenless healing me with his TL3 heal.

its nice that you try out the shit noone else cares to try out. But don't be supprised that your char is gimped :rolleyes:

y544tji
31-10-03, 02:37
Originally posted by joran420
tanks used to ALWAYS win 1 vs 1 combat now they lose about 50% of the time .....sounds about right to me...im sick of ppl bitching just cause they cant pwn every other class any more.....monks were total crap for a loooonng time...then some ppl found hybrid setups and they told other ppl and then all of a sudden monks were still crap but hybrids were way overpowered...so KK nerfs hybrids and gives pure monks a little loving and now every one screams nerf cause they lose sometimes(all the time if enemy has PPU and u dont....or damn near all the time) but APU monks on 1 vs 1 battles prolly win about 30% of the time....

STOP FUCKIN CRYING CAUSE U SUCK..... I suck and lose about 90% of my fights but i dont come on here and say Nerf the PE....Nerf teh CS ....nerf nerf nerf...

FUCKIN SHEEP

LoL you can't kill a non-newb with a tank solo IN REAL circumstances i.e. pk'ing (not a duel because things are honourable there)

People just run out of the range a plasma cannon gets a decent burst on and heal and shoot back taking pot shots, you might saw disequip weapon and chase but then they keep running and it doesnt solve anything.

It's only the newbs like you who stand still and dont move when i tank is leg humping you with a plasma cannon, you queen lol

Benjie
31-10-03, 02:44
yeah honestly Joran there are some real tank issues that need to be seen to.

joran420
31-10-03, 03:22
Tanks are way over powered

CS kills me liek this ....*pow pow* and im dead

and they can run around me so i cant hit them

and they have strong defences...they dont even need a PPU

and with a PPU theyre damn near invincable

TANKS ruin this game

Benjie
31-10-03, 03:22
wrong button?

Shujin
31-10-03, 03:23
heres what u do, press edit, and delete message and change topic to "oops im a dumbass, delete this plz"

and no im not a tank fanboy, i dont even have a tank char, i got mostly spies

joran420
31-10-03, 03:26
PE's Need to be nerfed!

They Have libbies that tear me up

They have better defences than me

they can run around me so i cant hit them

PE's ruin the game NERF them or im gonna quit 111!!1one

Shockwave
Tanks are way over powered

<snip>

TANKS ruin this game

PE's Need to be nerfed!

<snip>

PE's ruin the game NERF them or im gonna quit 111!!1one

I seem to recall a recent thread where someone mentioned one of the major problems with the game was the community.
Case tried, proven, and closed.

Edit: Added second quote.

NS_CHROME54
tanks are only any good 1 on 1, they're useless in op wars.

BlackDove
31-10-03, 03:28
Nerf the droners.

Shujin
31-10-03, 03:28
ey nid smack that guy ;[ ( not blackdove , the guy sayin shit ruins the game )

ZoneVortex
31-10-03, 03:29
Ok, as we see, PPUs are the problem.

joran420
31-10-03, 03:30
Most fucking unbalanced class in this fucking game.

APUs do too much fucking damage and can run around and not get shot doing it.

PPUs don't die. Fuck. How fucking right is that?

APU + PPU = more damage output than any other character ingame + better defense than any other class in the game.

ISN'T IT FUCKING OBVIOUS ?! Practivally 9/10 fucking people play a monk or have a monk alt. I think they're maybe TOO FUCKING GOOD?

Fuck that I'm never PVPing again if there's a monk involved until this bullshit gets fixed.

Not even gonna read responses to this thread. Just fucking venting my bullshit somewhere.

[edit] this post inspired me for this thread :angel:

Shujin
31-10-03, 03:30
no its constructors! they are way to over powered... comeon have u seen a constructor die?! i mean my constructors been a constructor for about 8 months now, hasnt died yet
now think about that ;|
NERF CONSTRUCTORS

Judge
31-10-03, 03:31
Originally posted by NS_CHROME54
tanks are only any good 1 on 1, they're useless in op wars.

You sure you got that the right way round? PEs are good one on one tanks are good in op wars. Obviously not as good as monks though. Because remember children that the monkeys are your gods and you must worship and not nerf them.

BOW DOWN TO YOUR GODS BIATCH!!!!!

BlackDove
31-10-03, 03:31
Droms are overpowered, nerf the droms.

ZoneVortex
31-10-03, 03:32
Haha, yes, that was posted by me Joran.

Maybe I've changed my mind, maybe not.

PPUs are the problem though

Shujin
31-10-03, 03:32
Originally posted by BlackDove
Droms are overpowered, nerf the droms. no, not the droms, nerf the flying birds around neocron, i have yet to see one die ;| and they can transform and fuse together into a super 2 headed bird.... thats just to overpowered

ericdraven
31-10-03, 03:34
Nerf everything.

Boost roaches.

NS_CHROME54
31-10-03, 03:34
nerf the roaches

joran420
31-10-03, 03:35
I know u posted it zone :P

i just am sickl of ppl saying how over powered APU are cause we can runcast.....like every other class in the game.(not run cast but you can run circles while shooting

Shujin
31-10-03, 03:35
black roaches are annoying as hell
flyin thru walls and shit ;/ they really do need to do somethin bout them ;P i swear i hate those bitchs so much ;] never try to do damn black roach missions... and they arent even black so wtf?

ericdraven
31-10-03, 03:38
Boost boosters.

Nerf nerfers.

BlackDove
31-10-03, 03:38
Nerf the amount of lines on black cabinets.

El Barto
31-10-03, 04:25
WTF are u all talking about??? Clearly its the spy class that needs nerfing, I mean com'on, yesterday in P1 a spy PUSHED my Gen-Tank who was wearing PA off a lamp post, that is overpowered.

KidWithStick
31-10-03, 04:29
ohh yeaaa..

man, tanks with a CS out plus pa4 are as fast as a jet, just doing circles around the fastest PE's, who take FAR MORE damage thank tanks do, because like he said, tanks got best defence in game, as good as a PPU.

:rolleyes:

EDIT:

Originally posted by El Barto
WTF are u all talking about??? Clearly its the spy class that needs nerfing, I mean com'on, yesterday in P1 a spy PUSHED my Gen-Tank who was wearing PA off a lamp post, that is overpowered.

rofl nice one:lol:

NeoChick
31-10-03, 04:39
If the spy is overpowered pushing a tank, what about the little roaches who can push anybody around

Nerf the roaches

TheDuckMan
31-10-03, 04:59
Maybe he missed the plus signs next to the energy resist thingy in his con setup. Lol tanks are meant to kick ass. Monks are not. So come back later when you wanna think over your topics before you post them.

Gotterdammerung
31-10-03, 05:02
Place all "Tank nerf" posts here

kurai
31-10-03, 05:04
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
Place all "Tank nerf" posts here err ... you do realise this thread started as an attempt at irony ?

Just checking ;)

Benjie
31-10-03, 05:07
WTF?????

A: It is being argumented that tanks are UNDERPWERED!! (this guy is a noob)
B: THIS IS A FUCKING SPAM THREAD!! you should have closed it NOT sticky'ed it!!!!!
C: OMFG?????!!!!! This is a double topic!!!

Close this thread and get it the hell off sticky. This is the lamest moderator desicion I have seen in AGES!

Vid Gamer
31-10-03, 06:23
Originally posted by Benjie
Is it the fact that have to roleplay as being retards? Is it the fact that we are forced to tuck our shirts into our pants and our pants into our shoes? or is it the fact that we havn't had love in ages?

HAHAHAHAHA

Vid Gamer
31-10-03, 06:23
EDIT: double post

Vid Gamer
31-10-03, 06:24
Um, why is the heading called "Nerf the Tanks" when the original poster wants them unnerfed? :confused:

y544tji
31-10-03, 06:43
yeah rename the thread to UN-NERF THE TANKS

lol moron