View Full Version : My pistol Tank - The story so far. (few questions too)

Benjie
31-10-03, 02:24
Hey whassup? My pistol tank is coming along nicely. It may not be anywhere near as uber as a cannon equivalent yet, but it's twice as fun. :cool: The whole process has been a very long start. weapon lore was difficult to get right at the beggining as was pistol combat. The other problem is due to the fact that my dex is always a little lower than my strengh, I will always be using a lowish teack level weapon making me suck for my rank. :( But I don't really mind too much.

Leveling seems to take a lot longer when using pistols. Probabally due to the fact that pistols lvl dex and not str and dex levels a lot slower for a tank than str. To keep myself stable I am trying to keep my dex at as higher level as possible otherwise i know i will take an experience cut and suffer for it. One way i have gotten around this is by popping a couple of dexterity drugs to boost me up.

One of the best things about being a pistol user is the fact that you can get most of your guns from agressers. They drop so frequently that I think I have only had to buy one gun!

I feel as if my consitution gives me an advantage other pe's who use pistols as pe's take a while to hone there psi levels. Soon though i might be at more of a disadvantage but to be honest that doesn't really bother me.

I find it's best to run about without implants for now, even though someone has donated me a heart and a couple of zerka chips i have only had them poked once. I die so much it would be a waste to use them. :rolleyes:

Anyway I have a couple of questions. I think i have found another advantage to my pistol tank setup, but i am not yet sure. Implants leave me wit +20 hacking skill, and pistols so i have heard only require 50 weapon lore to cap aiming on. I have no idea if this is BS or not but if it's true then I may be able to get away with getting most of my weapon lore from implants and being a warbot hacker to boot! The question is how much weapon lore do I need to cap pistols? And how much do I need to cap Melee with 200 melee skill?

I will post my setup again for those who didn't catch it before. I have it saved to a document in my documents folder coz it took so long to configure i don't want to forget anything. :D Some of these levels may change.
STATS
30 INTELEGENCE
91 DEXTERITY
105 CONSTITUTION
99 STRENGTH
10 PSI POWER
SKILLZ
210 MELEE COMBAT
79 AGILITY
145 PISTOL COMBAT
110 WEAPON LORE
GEAR
LIBERATOR
PAW OF BEAR
EXPERIMENTAL BALISTICS WEAPON CHIP 3
MOTORIC 3
MC5 SA
SPECIAL FORCES CPU
REFLEX BOOSTER 4
PISTOL COMBAT EYE 3
EXPERIMENTAL FOOT
BAT QUEEN ARM
EXPERIMENTAL HEART 2

mdares
31-10-03, 02:37
from my experience 210 mc is enough to cap dg; with libby i have 180 pc and 95 weaplore which gives me capped rof... so for yours u might cap dmg but rof will be around 300... not sure about anything else...

but let me say kudos to u and your experimentation! keep us updated on how it all goes :D

Zanathos
31-10-03, 02:46
I think when people say 50, they mean a base of 50.

Benjie
31-10-03, 02:48
Actually I won't ever be able to use the devils grace, but in my opinion the paw of bear is better so I don't mind.

About capping.
Agility Weapon Lore and Pistol combat are important for pistols but what caps what? How much weapon lore do you think I will need? Do you think I am overspeccing a bit with 110? I would love to be able to lower wep to 50-75 and be a warbot hacker but I don't know if thats enough to cap or not.

hinch
31-10-03, 03:05
180mc caps devils grace and you can get away with only 40 weapon lore

however tg requires t-c which will prolly leave you short in the p-c department

stick with a good libby only and you should be find and use a pob

Benjie
31-10-03, 03:24
40 weapon lore will be okay for pistols? Seriously?

By the way I am going Non teck. Reason being my strength is only going to be 99 so I can't use a DG anyway.

hinch
31-10-03, 03:25
yeah my pe has 40 wep 84 poke and 120 hack no noticiable difference in libby aiming really

Benjie
31-10-03, 03:26
Originally posted by hinch
yeah my pe has 40 wep 84 poke and 120 hack no noticiable difference in libby aiming really
You have made me sooo happy. I am gonna pwn warbots and loot evil peoples belts. :)

El Barto
31-10-03, 04:27
WHy couldn't you have done this on Pluto :(

Benjie
31-10-03, 04:47
Originally posted by El Barto
WHy couldn't you have done this on Pluto :(
Got a pistol pe on pluto thats a total noob and i didn't want to delete him. 8|
Barto come to saturn Saturn is better than pluto. More people and we can help bring life to the community. :) :D

By the way somebody thought that I actually had all the shit i posted up there. I don't, it what i will need in order to make my character. :rolleyes:

SigmaDraconis
31-10-03, 05:01
Youve nerfed yourself somewhere by looking at yur stats...

I can acheive..

151 PC
83 AGL
70 WEP
55 HCK
15 PSU
--------
Using libby PoB and PA2 and even a heavy energyfield belt :D

Benjie
31-10-03, 05:05
Originally posted by SigmaDraconis
Youve nerfed yourself somewhere by looking at yur stats...

I can acheive..

151 PC
83 AGL
70 WEP
55 HCK
15 PSU
--------
Using libby PoB and PA2 and even a heavy energyfield belt :D
How Private Message me it or post it here. Are you sure you compinsated for the negatives? Damn I am curious now.

SigmaDraconis
31-10-03, 05:29
well level1 buffs are included in that..otherwise no i wont PM you my setup ..I dont promote neocron as a cookie factory. and the only relative negative is -15 WEP