people who really try hard to be in really really close combat but if
you are more than one metre apart then it starts dropping
severly in damage.

I would say reduce the range to half-one quarter of what it is
now.

Drake6k
30-10-03, 19:49
lol, I got rid of my PE so NERF THEM!!!!1

And make beam of hell better.... and Judge should be viable.

Duder
30-10-03, 19:50
boost teh plasma pistols, so i can use the ryker plasma pistol and be called overpowered because i do 24 damage to a tank instead of 15 !!!!

*ph33r*
30-10-03, 19:51
Originally posted by Duder
boost teh plasma pistols, so i can use the ryker plasma pistol and be called overpowered because i do 24 damage to a tank instead of 15 !!!!

Exploiting. See you in 3 days.

-P

Duder
30-10-03, 19:53
3 days?

Rade
30-10-03, 19:55
gotta love the attention span around here:
-"How about we do this to rayguns?"
-"BOOST PLASMA PISTOLS OMG ONOZ!"

*ph33r*
30-10-03, 19:55
Originally posted by Duder
3 days?

DO NOT QUESTION A MODERATORS JUDGEMENT, 3 DAY BAN OMG!!!

-P

I'm so gonna get pwned for this....

Duder
30-10-03, 19:59
Originally posted by Rade
gotta love the attention span around here:
-"How about we do this to rayguns?"
-"BOOST PLASMA PISTOLS OMG ONOZ!"

I know....:D

Anyways, sure nerf the rayguns, and if KK could fix the range effecting locktime speed, then id like to see the lib damage nerfed a bit, and the plasma pistols boosted alot...

lib with blacksun aim = too uber...

Twitch
30-10-03, 20:16
what a stupid idea, "have it so you have to be standing on top of him" what the hell is the point then, you might as well go melee or something

Rade
30-10-03, 20:38
Originally posted by Twitch
what a stupid idea, "have it so you have to be standing on top of him" what the hell is the point then, you might as well go melee or something

So raygun pistols should be better than all other pistols without
having a drawback when its stated that they should be great up
close but horrid at range? Smart thinking. Now, with raygun
pistols range nerfed it would still be a great gun but you would
have to work a little more to benefit from it, not the walk in the
park it is now. And it might make other pistols interesting for
people who dont like the style of play RoLH would promote.

QuantumDelta
30-10-03, 20:43
Hmm.

Changing the range would mean the aiming itself would get borked (range = heavy aiming influence), though I do like the idea.

It's probably possible that KK could change the way the range effects the gun to do this without "nerfing" the range.

I agree, however, that this would be the best way to deal with the problem.

Also;

Boost plasma pistols :p

Twitch
30-10-03, 20:47
yeah terrific idea, meanwhile all the other pistols still suck, most notably the liberator after it got nerfed to piss because of whiners

i say if a class has something that can give it one up on the others (esp the monks) then let it stay, the game has basically become monkcron

Rade
30-10-03, 20:48
Well, since raygun aiming is a bit magical I dont think the range-
affects-aiming part will have any impact on this gun actually...

Jest
30-10-03, 20:52
Well maybe not reducing range, but removing the low end damage cap might be good. As it is now, if the gun is beyond a certain point it does the same amount of damage regardless. Either get rid of the low cap, or change the range equal to where the low cap starts might be good.

icarium
30-10-03, 21:06
lets not nerf the blacksun, lets boost other weapons so you dont need a fucking rare to PVP

QuantumDelta
30-10-03, 21:08
Originally posted by icarium
lets not nerf the blacksun, lets boost other weapons so you dont need a fucking rare to PVP
The same as Rade, I don't really look upon this as a nerf, just that the skill requirement to use the gun being raised.

Shadow Dancer
30-10-03, 21:10
I don't see the big deal about the gun. :confused:

Rade
30-10-03, 21:11

First, as QD said, its not a real nerf, it would have the same
power but you would have to stick a little closer to the target to
get it. Secondly its not just about the blacksun, blacksun was
completely fine. The problem is RoLH, which is a rare. I have a
RoLH setup now and it owns, I wouldnt mind having to put a little
more skill into the fights to be able to use the gun properly.

That being said I still think plasma pistols etc needs upgrading,
but thats not what this thread is about.

Shadow Dancer
30-10-03, 21:16
I agree, I think Holy Lightning needs a boost.

Rizzy
30-10-03, 21:28
Triple the rof and double the damage shadow?

QuantumDelta
30-10-03, 21:30
Originally posted by Rizzy
Triple the rof and double the damage shadow?

And make it cost 1 mana!!

Benjie
30-10-03, 21:56
Originally posted by Twitch
I think they were refering to a firemans lift. Yes I agree this idea sux monkey bollox.
Oh and holy lightning needs a range reduction it shoots TWICE as far as the silent hunter!!1one!!

Lanigav
31-10-03, 08:36
Perhaps they could shorten the range a little bit, but I'm totally against nerfing the damage.

Scikar
31-10-03, 16:05
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
And make it cost 1 mana!!

Add a parashock effect too. It's only fair.

icarium
31-10-03, 16:29
Originally posted by Rade
First, as QD said, its not a real nerf, it would have the same
power but you would have to stick a little closer to the target to
get it. Secondly its not just about the blacksun, blacksun was
completely fine. The problem is RoLH, which is a rare. I have a
RoLH setup now and it owns, I wouldnt mind having to put a little
more skill into the fights to be able to use the gun properly.

That being said I still think plasma pistols etc needs upgrading,
but thats not what this thread is about.

well i would argue its actually easier to hit someone point blank than it is at range anyway. other than in the "omg omg hes running right through me" type situations, in which case i cant see it making that much difference. pistol users tend to be uber close to their opponent anyway. my problem is not missing people, its my poo weapons =P, mmmm poo

my main point i am trying to get to in a round about badly put way, is something along the lines of, you need to be uber close with BS to get best out of it anyway, the extra range is only useful PvM. so why change it at all when there are other more important things they could be spending time on changing?

edit: if i am missing the point, forgive me am at work trying to skip through threads and post

Original monk
31-10-03, 16:34
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
The same as Rade, I don't really look upon this as a nerf, just that the skill requirement to use the gun being raised.

Skill requirement with the blacksun is zero, O, nada, its an auto-aim weapon, thats why its so popular probably, the changes you wonna make are indeed nice, you need to get closer to youre oponent wich always brings in a bigger risk of getting killed... so indeed ya need more skill ... altough i dont get why Rade is asking for this adaptation o_O i tought you liked the blacksun the way it was, anyways it aint a bad idea so i vote yes

icarium
31-10-03, 16:46
blacksun is "auto-aim" ? hardly lol, u gotta hold it on target and let reticule close. if bs is a no skill weapon, that doesnt say much for the skills of point and click monks does it?

Original monk
31-10-03, 16:57
blacksun is "auto-aim" ? hardly lol, u gotta hold it on target and let reticule close. if bs is a no skill weapon, that doesnt say much for the skills of point and click monks does it?

indeed youre right the point and click is even worse, but a blacksun aint that difficult, it even feels like it locks on to youre target lol (and i dont mean a 1 slotter no) :) If you think a blacksun is difficult to shoot with, good luck in pvp then :P

btw dont compare a monk to a PE, to big of a diffrence, but youre right: the point and click of monks is the so called most skillless attack of the game, why ya think we play monk-o-cron atm ?

\\Fényx//
31-10-03, 17:02
another fine example of how SD isnt monk biased :rolleyes:

icarium
31-10-03, 17:19
Originally posted by Original monk
indeed youre right the point and click is even worse, but a blacksun aint that difficult, it even feels like it locks on to youre target lol (and i dont mean a 1 slotter no) :) If you think a blacksun is difficult to shoot with, good luck in pvp then :P

btw dont compare a monk to a PE, to big of a diffrence, but youre right: the point and click of monks is the so called most skillless attack of the game, why ya think we play monk-o-cron atm ?

well my pe is only rank 59 so doesnt cap it yet, tiz a 3 slot tho and i have superb fps aim, so to me any gun feels like it has autoaim =P

i dont pvp in nc anyway too much effort needed getting the perfect setup needed not to die too quick, instead of being able to rely on the aforementioned fps skills =P

lullysing
31-10-03, 18:11
I can't play right now, but i'dd like to say several things.

1) high end retail pistols are still massively underpowered. Using a 4 slotted ryker atomfist ( which is supposed to be used at extra long ranges ) i still can't aim as good as with my blacksun. Ryker napalm ( plasma ) is approximatly the same aiming speed and same shitty big arsed reticule even at close range.

Fix THOSE before you start messing around with the blacksun. Increase THEIR ranges. Massively in case of the fusion pistol so it can be used to " pistolsnipe".

2) Some pistols seem to have an inherent "scatter/miss rate" . Plasma will scatter 3-4 shots per clip, minimum. Lo-tek uzis ( up to lib ) will regularly scatter from 20 to 40% of all of it's shots. WORST culprit is the fusion pistol, with a variable scatter rate between 30 to 50(!!!) percent.

Study this before you start messing around with em raypistols.

3) Rade, respectfully, DON'T ASK FOR THIS, for they will nerf the raypistols to tazer effectiveness and NOT touch the other pistols if you ask it like that. ( that's me asking nicely instead of saying "STOP SNIFFING THA' WHITEFLASH, B$#@!H !!!!01010101010oneoneoneoenoenoe)

Jesterthegreat
31-10-03, 18:22
i would say boost other weapons...

just cos a pistol is smaller than a rifle doesnt mean it should only scratch people.

if someone ran up to you and shot you in the face with a pistol you would be hurt ... ALOT :p