PDA

View Full Version : Appartment Camping

shockr
30-10-03, 18:32
I'm sure it's abuse to camp a clan appartment and kill people when they log into the lobby.

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - harassment ] and others are now in the Lobby of the Phoenix Ltd store and have just killed my lead constructor who was not even remotely able to defend himself as he was dead before the synch ended.

I will report this to abuse@neocron.com.

JustIn_Case
30-10-03, 18:35
Yes, report it, and dont mention player names in threads when discussion abuse...Nid and the guys dont like it.

Archeus
30-10-03, 18:35
Technically you should defend your own store.

Get a large number of people to zone in and take them. so they are not really exploiting as such.

I've been in a situation where the clan I was in had our apartment overrun. We told the low levels to keep out and sent in high level players.

Personally I would get a nice list of players to sit downstairs and do your work there. Then wait for them to come down.

JustIn_Case
30-10-03, 18:38
On second thought....if they got the pwd from an infiltrator, then it isnt abuse/exploit. It just the random synch bug that is exploit/abuse.

ezza
30-10-03, 18:39
Originally posted by shockr
I'm sure it's abuse to camp a clan appartment and kill people when they log into the lobby.

[ edited ] and others are now in the Lobby of the Phoenix Ltd store and have just killed my lead constructor who was not even remotely able to defend himself as he was dead before the synch ended.

I will report this to abuse@neocron.com.

if your apartment code is widely know then there is nothing wrong with it, its a known pword at your own risk, just cos your conducting a business doesnt mean they cant camp the place , sure it may be lame camping trade skillers, now if they were inside the apartment thats diffrent.

there BD you FA your both enemies as far as im concerned allowing enemies to have the pword is just asking for trouble.

but hey that aint what you want to hear.

bring back old style apartment camping:angel:

Archeus
30-10-03, 18:39
Originally posted by JustIn_Case
On second thought....if they got the pwd from an infiltrator, then it isnt abuse/exploit. It just the random synch bug that is exploit/abuse.

The clan apartment for Phoenix store is publically known. It is posted on all the ingame forums. Also them being inside the apartment wouldn't be exploiting unless they used an exploit to get in.

Personally I'd set up a clanned spy and open the door so they would fall back from the zoning point.

extract
30-10-03, 18:40
Or, make youre store in an apartment that is a copbot zone, I know pepper park apartments you cant even draw youre weapon inside youre apt.....just a thought

ezza
30-10-03, 18:40
Originally posted by Archeus
The clan apartment for Phoenix store is publically known. It is posted on all the ingame forums.

then i personally see no problem

Edit:

@extract, thats only the BD/CM/TG/FA starter apartments, clan ones can be camped

shockr
30-10-03, 18:43
The point is.. they killed someone even before he had finished synching.. camping the lobby of an appartment should not be allowed..

And as for names.. name and shame is what I say. Let people know how lame they are for killing people who cannot fight back. And nothing to do with skill.

ezza
30-10-03, 18:44
The point is.. they killed someone even before he had finished synching.. camping the lobby of an appartment should not be allowed..

And as for names.. name and shame is what I say. Let people know how lame they are for killing people who cannot fight back. And nothing to do with skill.

they can camp all they like, just dont open the door cos once inside im sure they will have even more fun ganking your constructers

kurai
It's moronic, sure, but it's not an exploit.

Nexxy
lol, you missed me out =(

Go get some guards...or better, some skillz!!!!111oeoenoeneone

death&decay
30-10-03, 18:45
Stay in safezones if you don't want to get killed.

Archeus
30-10-03, 18:46

Perfectly legal. You don't have to enter the apartment. They have to leave only one way. There is no exploit involved. Even if your constuctor had come out of Sync he would not of lived.

Send up a stealthed spy and have them open the apartment door to pull them back to there.

Or a spy and PPU. Both can survive a sync.

Nexxy
30-10-03, 18:48
And this is such bullshit we didnt camp it. We came in cos th apt is on our TH PK run, just cos he came up while we was there isnt our fault we was going soon. We only wanted to give you pizza =(

KimmyG
30-10-03, 18:50

So it happens all the time when u GR get a laggy zone into pepper or some other area and who is to say he was syncing and wasn;t just killed I dont think you can prove he was syncing when thye killed him and even if you could I dont think its an illegal play.

What now before you kill someone you have to ask are you syncing or not? I have had laggy syncs into pepper many times and gotten killed its part of the game.

Last I checked camping clan aps isn't frowned aopn like camping a players ap.

Nexxy
30-10-03, 18:51
Oh and he wasnt in sync when we killed him, look where his belt is :rolleyes:

Nidhogg
30-10-03, 18:51
As you say, abuse@neocron.com is the place for complaints of this nature, not the forums.

N