PDA

View Full Version : Brightest Idea ever about the servers.

Heavyporker
30-10-03, 17:45
I've got one idea... that could change everything...

You guys ready? Sit down and hold on...

I say... Delete a four-character server.

YES! That's right, delete a server and not put anything up.

Why?

- Concentrate the the playerbase into other servers, sending their populations up, stronger feeling of populated world.

- Lower overall costs and upkeep and caretaking (less fiddling around with backups, less worry about servers breaking down and their babysitters stretched out, more GMs/FCs on each remaining server, and KK don't have to pay as much keeping one 4 char server up.)

- More business for psych therapists. Um. No, not really.

- KK saves money. (oh, did I say that already? Well, it deserves repeating)

No poll, not atm, just want to hear a real discussion on this.

MjukisDjur
30-10-03, 17:47
Men in white coats are on their way to pick you up...

sparrowtm
30-10-03, 17:47
I'd love that. 4 char servers are evil.

Marx
30-10-03, 17:49
Would be lovely.

Too many people would be screaming bloody murder to make it worthwhile though.

ezza
30-10-03, 17:50
delete my 8 chars and im gone, and i know i wouldnt be the only one

tomparadox
30-10-03, 17:54
delete my 8 chars and im gone, and i know i wouldnt be the only one

ya i agree with that. you delet my 8 caped chars im ganna be real pissed. idia suxxors=p

nugz420
30-10-03, 17:54
ezza thats the same point with any servers that would get fucked with pluto more so than uranus.people on pluto and alot of them pay for multiple accounts on pluto cause its a one char server. so when people quit nc from pluto theres atleast one and a good chance 2 all the way to 4 accounts being canceled and thats just by one person.

Maarten
30-10-03, 17:56
If Uranus will be deleted, the Uranus players should have their characters transferred to Saturn. Players who already have chars on Uranus and Saturn would have to make a choice and pick their four most played with chars.

But I would prefer not doing anything to the servers right now and just fix the things that cause people to leave and the population rate will automatically go up.

Sanch0s
30-10-03, 18:14
Omg look at all these do this to server and that to server............

Do u think anyone is listening............................?

death&decay
30-10-03, 18:22
Yeah why not, as long as no one loses their chars, a higher
population would be nice. IF the servers can handle that.

El_MUERkO
30-10-03, 18:26
Its not a bad idea, you could mule everything so all you'd loose is the chars themselves and if you've got a CSTr on Saturn & a CSTr on Uranus well you only need the better one dont you?

It would definitely push the 4 char server near the 1000 mark at peak times.

Spoon
30-10-03, 18:28
Originally posted by death&decay

Yeah why not, as long as no one loses their chars, a higher
population would be nice. IF the servers can handle that.

they can't....

The servers start to puke at the 500 mark.....

edit, spelling

•Super|\|ova•
30-10-03, 18:39
I agree. Remove 4 char servers!

ezza
30-10-03, 18:45
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
I agree. Remove 4 char servers!

why not remove pluto since its a dead server:rolleyes:

•Super|\|ova•
30-10-03, 18:49
Originally posted by ezza
why not remove pluto since its a dead server:rolleyes:

Since it's the only english 1 char server. And the idea of 4 char servers pisses me off anyways.

Spy<VS>Spy
30-10-03, 20:29
Hey guys, i'm having one of those whacky idea's! why dont we just get more players to play the game? that would solve the lack of population problem. b-but spy, all my friends keep quiting because of the bugs! oh well, either invite players from a game more buggeir than neocron so they dont notice...or whine about something important and keep emailing KK that you'll take your busniess elsewhere if their company doesnt start focusing on maintaining a quality product.

secondly, there is what....maybe a 1000 users kicking around in the game. thats not allot of people, why dont we just all move onto one server? i'm cooking it over to saturn too...its like, not a big deal. its like, all you have to do is hold up your hand and say, "who wants ice cream?" and see who see's yes. its pretty easy to speak to the whole community when that whole community could fit in a YMCA dorm house.

there are some advantages to being a small community, yell loudly, people will hear you farther then you think. :)

good luck to you...and stop trying to delete crap. :p

Benjie
30-10-03, 21:53
Just delete 1 of the English Servers.

Compinsate runners with high rank characters with free play time.

Syntax-Error
30-10-03, 21:57
DELETE ALL SERVERS AND GIVE EVERYONE A LOLLY POP!!!!!

Benjie
30-10-03, 21:59
No I dont think there are enough servers my spy can't tradeskill in peace in plaza 1.

Q`alooaith
30-10-03, 22:03
Originally posted by sparrowtm
I'd love that. 4 char servers are evil.

*screatchy overly high pitched voice*
Burn the evil oneeeeeeeeeeee.....

I'd rather see only one of each, one four char server, and one single char, that way people can still be one of each class if they want, but can also go RP or PK on the single...

as alway's I like my idea more.