PDA

View Full Version : Subskills

Pi-Oh-Pah
30-10-03, 11:53
For some reason when I put this in the Brainport it wont show up as a new thread so I am putting it here.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone posted an idea that got me thinking - they suggested new versions of the classes.

How about if you choose a Gentank and go for Special Forces it adjusts your mainskill caps a little

e.g.

Gentank(Special Forces)

Int 40
Str 90
Con 90
Dex 75
Psi 5

The 5 PSI would allow u to still have the basic Heal/Def/Basic resist

40 Int could give you some extra points for hacking (you are Special Forces after all)

Str/Con lowered but still plenty to use 90% of weapons

I dont have time or patience to reskill all the subskills but what do you think ?

A few levels up or down here and there will make a difference and improve the 4 'stale' classes as they stand. The current subskills mean nothing other than you getting a low TL Res/Con/Rep/Rec tool atm anyway and a low TL weapon.

MjukisDjur
30-10-03, 11:57
Nah, we would end up with some REALLY uber overpowered people and the community would create even more (if possible) nerf posts. Its bad as it is :)

(idea is great though, just not possible to balance at all I think)

Dribble Joy
30-10-03, 11:59
erm..............
Good idea, but...
Looking at those stats, they would be a bit fucked.
They wouldn't be as good with heavy guns as 'normal' tanks.
Thier INT, while higher than usual, isn't enough to gain them any overall defence, much better WEP though.
DEX is slighyly better but again doesn't offer them anything else/other alternatives.

So you end up with a char that has less defence and offence with little gain other than some hacking/poking.

Bah, what do I know.

Pi-Oh-Pah
30-10-03, 12:01
ATM I feel that subskills mean absolutely nothing - doesnt matter what you choose, you just put the points where you want them.

death&decay
30-10-03, 12:05
I LOVE the idea.
It would give us more possibilities to create a unique char and to
tweak stuff..

5 stars m8, I'm impressed.

death&decay
30-10-03, 12:07
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
erm..............
Good idea, but...
Looking at those stats, they would be a bit fucked.
They wouldn't be as good with heavy guns as 'normal' tanks.
Thier INT, while higher than usual, isn't enough to gain them any overall defence, much better WEP though.
DEX is slighyly better but again doesn't offer them anything else/other alternatives.

So you end up with a char that has less defence and offence with little gain other than some hacking/poking.

Bah, what do I know.
Relax DJ, it's just an example ;)

Dribble Joy
30-10-03, 12:10
Blargle.
I'm just bored, got up to go to lecture at 9, only to find that it's not on.
So I'm sitting in the comp room, using thier shitty comps, with fucking Netscape (which I detest)
Ohh crap time for maths, sorry I mean 'Analytical methods and skills' O_o

death&decay
30-10-03, 12:17
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Blargle.

LMFAO LOL!!!
I love dem words ;)
Looks like ya got a shitty day huh...
Oh where's your lovely sig gone? The one I wanted to have :lol:

The one you got there right now is poo.

Damnit I don't wanna fuck this thread up lol..

THUMBS UP FOR PI-OH!!!!

I'd love to see that ingame heh :)

MjukisDjur
30-10-03, 12:21
Um yes, guess you would think its funny to meet a PE with HL or holy shelters/defs... :)

Pi-Oh-Pah
30-10-03, 12:23
Originally posted by MjukisDjur
Um yes, guess you would think its funny to meet a PE with HL or holy shelters/defs... :)

I think your taking this far outside any changes the subskills would need