PDA

View Full Version : Nice Event

Nippa
30-10-03, 11:19
After last nights event i take it that there will be no more kamis about .. Also has anyone got any shots from last night

-FN-
30-10-03, 11:20
Event? Please explain! I missed it :(

Nippa
30-10-03, 11:22
alot of peopel did .. it was at the outzone last night subway that is loads of kammi soliders about 30 of them and 40 -50 runners on saturn alot of people missed it by all accounts

death&decay
30-10-03, 11:28
No kamis anymore?
Damnit I wanted a few..

-FN-
30-10-03, 11:31
Ah, Saturn event :(

So the kami chip economy skyrockets on Saturn while Pluto hasn't seen one in weeks.

woo. hoo.

Nippa
30-10-03, 11:34
By all accounts it was on all servers last night from what i was told

japata
30-10-03, 12:04
It would be cool if there'd be an "oncoming events"-window in the launcher. That way people wouldn't miss 'em all the time. :)

NeoLojik
30-10-03, 16:38
Originally posted by Nippa
By all accounts it was on all servers last night from what i was told Nothing on Pluto last night :(

Syntax-Error
30-10-03, 17:15
The events will be run on the other servers sometime. they always run it on one server first as a test.

sparrowtm
30-10-03, 17:16
Originally posted by Nippa
By all accounts it was on all servers last night from what i was told

Musta missed it on Jupiter then 8|

joran420
30-10-03, 20:21
they dont want everyone comming to events cause NC zones cant handle that many ppl.

Deanus_willis
30-10-03, 21:37
i thought the "event" was pretty sweet. finished with threee kami chips.
has anyone got any screenies, i was too busy to take em

Ascension
30-10-03, 21:43
Originally posted by joran420
they dont want everyone comming to events cause NC zones cant handle that many ppl.

Thts why they do the events at 2:30 a.m GMT time:rolleyes:

so none of us are online:(

Shadow Dancer
30-10-03, 21:45
I'm sick and fucking tired of missing events all the goddamn time because of sheer luck. What the fuck is up with that? THat's why all this "event" crap is bullshit.

Deanus_willis
30-10-03, 21:46
Last night event was at around 8:30 i believe.
But i get your meaning, think this was the only event ive actually managed to witness o_O and i live in the UK
+ who did i kill last night cos i lost ALL my SL again. blasted APU's. i do more damage than i want to sometimes :D

Richard Slade
31-10-03, 00:23
Thx for telling us KK...

Deanus_willis
31-10-03, 10:26
wouldn't be much of an attack if we knew about it now would it :rolleyes:

Original monk
31-10-03, 10:39
TY for letting us know about the kami-event KK, now kami's are gone or what ?

another hilevel content dissapeared ? not that ya saw em that much but still ... i also want larents back btw, i like em

luckely i have all the kami's i need but still i think its bollocks that there where no real announcements,the few peeps there where yesterday where probably the same people as always ... what a pitty KK, or was it a privat event ? o_O

Al3X
31-10-03, 10:50
it was pretty thug...

*HEY LOOK! AN APU KAMI TROOPER*

*WHAM WHAM WHAM*

*DIES*

:rolleyes:

even though i died like 7 times(but hey i'm a spy, im supposed to be the bait :p)
even though i lost all my sl
and even though it costed me a lot to get a kami chip
it was still fun :)

btw:
it was announced on the faction channel by callash, and i heard some saying it on trade channel to.. so it was announced, just dont mute all the channels :p (no they dont announce on admin channel anymore)

Deanus_willis
31-10-03, 21:35
If anyone has any Screen shots from this event please post them,
Sure there are lots of peiople who missed it who would like to see the carnage.
I was there but would like to see if i am in the pics lol

//Ring\\
31-10-03, 21:44
well personally i havent missed an event while i was still playing, this one doesnt count cuz i was still busy patching :P

i like the idea of oncoming event in the launcher, it could say like

EVENT- on X server at XX:XX GMT or something around it, people would know when to go

i went to a test event once, public tg executions at ca (lmao) p1 was crowded about 3 times the usual that day, i think easily over 350 where in there

the server went down shortly after :p
it can take about 200 people in a single zone before it starts to get a bit laggy, at 300 its nearing the red zone
i dont think pluto even has that many active players at any time so i wouldnt worry :P
jupiter and saturn are a whole other matter though..

Sorin
31-10-03, 21:48
Originally posted by Al3X
(no they dont announce on admin channel anymore)

WTF? o_O Why not?

I usually have the trade channel muted because I'm sick of all the goddamn chatting and spam that goes on in that channel. FFS use OOC.

Tazo
31-10-03, 22:46
EDIT: nm please delete

Progenitor
31-10-03, 23:12
Were the Kami's dropping any new stealth chips???

-p

Dostan'Ilindith
31-10-03, 23:22
for gods sake why dont we get any notice about these things?!?!? it would be nice if we had some, being as there arent many, and its very easy to miss them!

Al3X
01-11-03, 03:12
i dont know why they dont announce on admin channel anymore.. probly because of the server crash some time ago with the tg executions :rolleyes:
anywayz: they DID announced it, thats what counts right? they did it on faction channel, and players did it at trade channel...
so if you mute your custom channels.. well... dont blame kk bout that ;)

//Ring\\
01-11-03, 10:55
yeah the tg executions.. remember alex?

ur just standing there with boss lady (zai) helping her run her stuff at medi when sudently an event is announced, less then 3 minutes later the medi entrance is flooded with people gring in and a river of tanks and psi monkeys rushing to the CA building..

7 hours and one fried server later..

u know thats the day people stopped flooding p1 for some reason.. there where like 100 around there usually, now its more around a 0 :p

btw aparently theyre in the oz, so lets go search for them :P

Al3X
01-11-03, 15:05
for those who are interested:

from the recent neocronicle
Kamikaze Soldier Attack at Neocrons Gates

Much sooner than presumed, the Kamikaze Soldiers that disappeared in the Wastelands were able to group in front of the Gates of Neocron and attack. As a result, they were able to hit us unprepared. No mines, no additional STORM Bots. CityAdmin had to rely on the Help of Runners to defeat wave after wave of Kamikaze Soldiers.

The fights were intense. Every time when they seemed to clam down, more Kamikaze Soldiers turned visible and attacked. Some of them even managed to sabotage the big gates, cutting the defending runners off from reinforcements. Every minute seemed like an hour, and after a long time, the last visible Kamikaze Soldier dropped dead to the ground.

The upcoming Victory-Party was crushed by CityAdmins message that a few Kamikaze Soldiers were able to get inside the City and stealth. They are presumably in the Outzone, but could get into the inner Sectors at any time. CityAdmin is giving out a warning to everyone: There were not as many Kamikaze Soldiers at the Gates as we missed on the satellite images. If all of those stealthed inside the City, we must have about 15 Kamikaze Soldiers in our sectors. Presumed that some are still in the Wastelands, maybe on their way to the military base, we could still have about 5 or 6 Kamikaze Soldiers lurking in the shadows.

CityAdmin is scanning every inch of the City, but everyone is advised to be extremely cautious and never go anywhere alone. Groups of two people and more are recommended. Our City is not safe anymore.

Barry Pepper, Neocronicle News]

kurai
01-11-03, 15:16
Originally posted by //Ring\\
yeah the tg executions.. remember alex?

7 hours and one fried server later..
lol

Yeah - I remember that - the entire server was *fucked* :D

Then there was the next attempt - trying the next event (whatever it was) in the Conference Centre, so that the relatively full Plaza 1 (in those days) wouldn't go into terminal meltdown.

It got so packed that it was impossible not to have your avatar half inside someone elses .... avatars were constantly automatically shuffling and sidestepping they tried to separate themselves ... it looked like some kind of freakish epileptic runner soup :lol:

Result ? The bandwidth for each client was madly exceeded, so that only 10% of the console chat showed up, framerates < 1, mad syncs and ... meltdown :D

//Ring\\
01-11-03, 17:42
lmao omg i forgot that one!!

firsst it was free bitches at the concenter

by the time i got there (thx to my good friend the FRE) not only was the event over but i ran into a GM meeting inside one of the rooms and there was like a huge ass crowd of people inside asking the GMs stuff like it was some press conference

the best part was when some n00b started to mass flood the chat with the same question every 0.5 secs and then retrobooster got pissed off and shot a drone that was hovering around, poor guy lol