PDA

View Full Version : Uranus vs. Pluto

-FN-
30-10-03, 06:53
Just wondering what community feelings are on this.

Uranus has been down a lot lately and seems to be having a lot of problems. Uranus and Pluto seem to have the same <200 populations except for maybe an hour or so at peaks.

Since Uranus players have been getting a taste of Pluto and it's players, politics, community, etc, I'd like to see how many Uranus and Pluto players are interested in this idea.

Don't go into the technicalities of the subject, I'm not asking it to be done, I'm just curious how many players would be willing to work on this endeavor or maybe even have already started.

If you main server is Saturn or Jupiter, please don't bother giving your opinion, I'm only interested in people who mainly play Pluto and Uranus.

BlackDove
30-10-03, 06:56
Yeah it'd be profitable most likely, to open up Neptune. And Uranuto would have hopefully more players on than Saturn at peak times and could compete in member numbers.

Rieper
30-10-03, 07:02
uhmm, only prob being i have a char on pluto and 3 on Uranus that i dont want to lose....

-FN-
30-10-03, 07:05
I also realize that many people on Uranus have thier own tradeskilling alts but stuff like that totally borks the economy on Uranus and Saturn. More players on a single player server would bring back the need for players like Zai, kweef, Nivag, and many other uber tradeskillers that are bored, not out of lack of need, but out of lack of overall customers.

Anna
30-10-03, 07:40
have you seen how much uranus goes down?

ill stick with pluto tyvm :)

Benjie
30-10-03, 08:28
I play on pluto and saturn and I have no problem sacrificing my pluto character if it means a better server. Just give Mars some Kickass events. (call it mars)

Shadow Dancer
30-10-03, 08:43
Originally posted by -FN-
I also realize that many people on Uranus have thier own tradeskilling alts but stuff like that totally borks the economy on Uranus and Saturn. More players on a single player server would bring back the need for players like Zai, kweef, Nivag, and many other uber tradeskillers that are bored, not out of lack of need, but out of lack of overall customers.

The thing is, regardless of whether or not alts actually ruin the economy, people have worked very hard to build up their extra chars. You just can't delete it.

GurTjaN
30-10-03, 12:20
hey shadow dancer how did you holy nrg halo came out man ? hope any good slots creative is a good cster and u can trust him man

GreetZ p!nky

sparrowtm
30-10-03, 12:22
Only if the merged server stayed one-slot.

4 slot = RP killer
1 slot = guarantee for more accounts, hence more money for KK :D

death&decay
30-10-03, 12:40
Well yeah, I like the idea a lot.
I'm playing Tank, PE, APU, PPU on uranus because playing only 1
class got me bored...

If I had to choose 1 of these chars I wouldn't know which :(
I love them all. Coz they're all kick-ass :)

Rieper
30-10-03, 12:46
Originally posted by death&decay

Well yeah, I like the idea a lot.
I'm playing Tank, PE, APU, PPU on uranus because playing only 1
class got me bored...

If I had to choose 1 of these chars I wouldn't know which :(
I love them all. Coz they're all kick-ass :)

get rid of that shitty tank :p he sucks..
a 4 Char Plutanus/Urato or maybe just Mars o_O would pwn... hopefully you'd get the laid back atmosphere, the skillful players and competition without the kill or be killed situ on saturn. Not that i mind that on saturn.. i tend to be doing the killing :D :D

QuantumDelta
30-10-03, 12:54
Hell yes if it's 4 chars :p

Oath
30-10-03, 15:03
Never evere evere ever ever ever ever ever ever.

Again i WILL NOT support a server merge of any sort, some pluto guys are good, but i DO NOT like pluto.

I like uranus, l like the community there, to add pluto to it would destroy it.,

Syntax-Error
30-10-03, 15:14
If u take pluto and make it 4 chars ill quit

4 chars fucks up RP.. its crap (in my oppionion)

u can marge the two 4 slot servers.. and leave pluto out of it.

El_MUERkO
30-10-03, 15:15
I like Plutos 1 char'ness but would be willing to merge my pluto char into Uranus.

That'd free up the old Pluto server for a 1 char Neptune server.

death&decay
30-10-03, 15:55
Originally posted by Rieper
get rid of that shitty tank :p he sucks..
a 4 Char Plutanus/Urato or maybe just Mars o_O would pwn... hopefully you'd get the laid back atmosphere, the skillful players and competition without the kill or be killed situ on saturn. Not that i mind that on saturn.. i tend to be doing the killing :D :D

Strange, everyone keeps telling me that :(

Oath
30-10-03, 16:07
Originally posted by death&decay
Strange, everyone keeps telling me that :(

:( aw i wubb joo dJingo see i spelt it right this time :p :D :D

Sex jOO

REMUS
30-10-03, 16:15
Just convert Pluto into Neptune without fucking wipeing mergeing anything, leave all the charecters there and just change the dynamics of the server play zone (no safe zone etc)

REMUS
30-10-03, 16:15
FFS mods delete this stupid dbl post :(

LTA
30-10-03, 16:26
Originally posted by REMUS
Just convert Pluto into Neptune without fucking wipeing mergeing anything, leave all the charecters there and just change the dynamics of the server play zone (no safe zone etc)

So all pluto peeps get the advantage of being capped with whordes of rares to pk everything that steps into nc/tg/fa/mb

Doc Holliday
30-10-03, 22:36
i would be game. hell it might bring me back fulltime rather than log in 4 5 mins an get bored. load unreal tourney and start the carnage. ( yes i like old games and yes i love facing worlds ctf map )

Marx
30-10-03, 22:39
Can we please stop all these server merge threads?

Like I've said previously, if all of KK's tricks (i.e. new publisher, big DoY release, etc.) fail - then I can say "Yay, lets merge servers... seeing as practically everyones gone."

Its pretty bad now - but its not far gone.

I say wait.

nonamebrandeggs
30-10-03, 22:48
The Uranians would get their asses kicked.