PDA

View Full Version : Cure to the PPU? (new idea)

Clownst0pper
30-10-03, 00:43
Well, While im flowing with good ideas, It came to me during the PPU debate, that most people like the Crahn Anti buff. Well, I was thinking, and here is my idea.

Incorperating the Power Armour once again (seems my trade mark) and the use of a palm top (stealth activater/hacking tool) I thought about having such an anti buff, but for the normal runners (Spys, PEs) Now, it acts much like the monks anti buff, however, When activated next to anyone the Palm top releases an incredible electrical charge (whatever fits with shelters/deflectors), removing all shields in the area (much like EMP) The charge is taken from the Power Armours energy source.

While it does this, it disables the re casting of such shields for 10 seconds or less, as the electrical charge remains in the atmosphere, slightly like a sanctums range. However, the wearer of the 'anti buff palm' taking the brunt of the electrical charge looses all there buffs, the ability to stealth, receive the wearers power armour statistics and the result of a mild drug screen.

I have included a quick image below for you to get an easier understanding of an idea which is hard to explain.

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/NewIdea.gif

I wanted to include dramatic downsides for the user as it will reduce the A) Use on PPU's one on one, and also B) It is inevitable some people would use it to just piss others off.

Now this idea is in its early stages yet, so please feel free to comment and criticise, but as I say this idea is in the working, and hopefully will get there.

Your comments would be greatful :)

Dont Mess
30-10-03, 01:06
HEY THAT PPU IS ME

Scikar
30-10-03, 01:11
I quite like it. Though I think it would have to charge up before releasing the blast, and during the charge the spy moves slower than usual and can't stealth. It would seem a little unfair to me for a stealthed spy to run into a group of enemies and set of the EMP blast immediately, and his team mates follow straight in behind him with all of their own buffs on. But if it had to charge up, and the spy was unstealthed during charging, then it would probably be fairly balanced.

Clownst0pper
30-10-03, 01:29
I quite like it. Though I think it would have to charge up before releasing the blast, and during the charge the spy moves slower than usual and can't stealth.

Completely agree, a 'charge' much like the casting time on the Holy anti buff.

It would definately add versatility too OP wars, and again would give use for spys and PE's (sorry tanks)

Anyone else got comments? :p

Judge
30-10-03, 01:40
Hey kreole.... I was there as well :-)

I do quite like the idea.... but it will probably get closed and directed to the sticky thread. Or merged with it.

Mr Friendly
30-10-03, 01:43
btw, its undecided, but i see that ur a TL3 heal "exploiter" or so they call it :rolleyes:

ghandisfury
30-10-03, 01:57
hey, I've got an idea.......how about we stop giving all classes the same job? How about we stop trying to push this idea to the masses when it has been mentioned_hundereds_and_hundreds of times? But for arguments sake...if you got this item, then a PPU should get an "aoe" that would disable anybody using weapons in that blast radius as well. We lose our sheilds, you lose your weapons, I think it's a fair trade. kthxby

ino
30-10-03, 06:15
Yee.. I kinda like that antibuffing thing yes.. It keeps me from getting debuffed from far away like you can by an apu (By spies and pe's if they get the tools aswell). well not like 1km away but still he can be at somewhat a distance.. Perfect to run into a big group of ppl and discharge..

y544tji
30-10-03, 09:50
i know the cure to the "Cure to the PPU?" question
simply make public the address' of all ppl who play ppus and i'll set the skinheads to come and pk them in rl
LOL!!!!!!!!

Clownst0pper
30-10-03, 11:57
btw, its undecided, but i see that ur a TL3 heal "exploiter" or so they call it

WTF IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN? :mad:

MjukisDjur
30-10-03, 12:56
hoho, cought

death&decay
30-10-03, 13:02
Originally posted by y544tji
simply make public the address' of all ppl who play ppus and i'll set the skinheads to come and pk them in rl
LOL!!!!!!!!

Nice1 that's fuckin hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No wait.. Since I play PPU it would involve meh O_o

Opar
30-10-03, 13:16
That looks like youve splashed cum on your monitor.

Anyway, good idea ^^ 4 stars :D

Original monk
30-10-03, 13:41
Originally posted by y544tji
LOL!!!!!!!!

LOL

skinheads: says enough

how old are you y544tji ? isnt that a bit to young to play neocron ?

Last time i saw a skinhead was when he was crawling away with a cap in he's knee ...

and ffcourse to stay on topic: im sorry but i dont liek that idea: ya yust wonna give every player an antibuff and thats stated before in the official PPU thread, i will enjoy being antibuffed by noobspy's at every possible time at every possible place, give everyone antibuff and there wont be alot of PPU's left, antibuff is a weapon, i think if everyone has it that buffs will be quite pointless ... give a spy antibuff and remove the antibuff spell from APUmonks is OK, but give a PE a antibuff ? no way lol there yack of all trades, they should be good in nothing actually, a PE is a NON specialization char ya know...

Dont Mess
30-10-03, 22:04
what would happen if the ppu had true sight up, conteract the stelth energyburst and make the spell more useful

QuantumDelta
30-10-03, 22:06
....That person needs to be perma banned jesus.....

Clownst0pper
30-10-03, 22:25
....That person needs to be perma banned jesus.....

Reference to me quantum?

As I said, purely a rough thought I had which needs alot of work, Id appreciate constructive comments both positive and negative not passive snide remarks. :mad:

QuantumDelta
30-10-03, 22:26
In reference to y544tji...

Clownst0pper
30-10-03, 22:33
In reference to y544tji...

Apologies, I think ive just had the most stressful day on Neocron EVER. 99% due to APU's and PPU's being the wankest invention since the chocolate fire gaurd. :mad:

mdares
30-10-03, 22:35
aw come on its not the apus... its the ppus that they're with :D

Clownst0pper
30-10-03, 22:41
aw come on its not the apus... its the ppus that they're with

TBH it is both, APU-s The ability to run cast, a fireing rate of a HL in less than half a second, 3-4 HL's and my speed is reduced to zero.

And PPU's? well, Parashock the instant I am hit with it effectivly makes me the walking dead. As it reduces my ability to play from 120% to 0% a weapon like that should not be in this game.

At this moment in time, if it was up to me I would nerf the APU's and PPU's into disuse calling for a class revision on what to do about the situtation.

mdares
30-10-03, 22:50
actually one thing i've noticed the hardest opponent for any good apu (WHO DOES NOT HAVE A PPU UP THE ASS), not counting other APUs, is a lowtech PE (mainly pistol)...

second is a tank who can aim with HC or a melee tank whos fast and has good resists...

last are spies and tech pes; tho at range spies are more dangerous if u dunt see them fast enough; with a paineaser spies can pwn monks at range easy.

but i think tech pes are definitely the easiest to kill, dunno y... maybe just hte ones i fight...

but to get back on track: i think giving PEs and spies tech-antibuffs is a great idea.. then those classes will see more use in op situations and stuff. PE,Spy,APU can all be valuable players in these situations involving ppus... and the other comment about no more ppus wanting to play cuz everyone has antibuff: GREAT! no ppu = good

Shadow Dancer
30-10-03, 22:51
Originally posted by mdares
actually one thing i've noticed the hardest opponent for any good apu (WHO DOES NOT HAVE A PPU UP THE ASS), not counting other APUs, is a lowtech PE (mainly pistol)...

You're right. An explosive lib does outrageous damage to apu.

mdares
30-10-03, 22:54
yar... nerf teh explosive lib :D

j/k

a good lib + tl3 on a ppu can kill it...

Shadow Dancer
30-10-03, 22:55
Originally posted by mdares
yar... nerf teh explosive lib :D

j/k

lol i know right.

[bandwagon jumper]ffs lib kills me before I pull out my spell LLOO LITERALLLY IT'S TRUE[/bandwagon jumper]

:rolleyes:

lol, btw I like the threadstarter's idea. I think more classes should have a way of killing TEH ppu.

ghandisfury
30-10-03, 23:05
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
lol i know right.

[bandwagon jumper]ffs lib kills me before I pull out my spell LLOO LITERALLLY IT'S TRUE[/bandwagon jumper]

:rolleyes:

lol, btw I like the threadstarter's idea. I think more classes should have a way of killing TEH ppu.

Then the PPU should be able to kill ALL classes......and please don't give me the SC bullcrap.

Shadow Dancer
30-10-03, 23:06
You mean make him a hybrid? :P

Scikar
30-10-03, 23:22
Originally posted by ghandisfury
Then the PPU should be able to kill ALL classes......and please don't give me the SC bullcrap.

Fine. Take the shock effect away from parashock, and make it do damage, in return remove holy and blessed shields. Suits me.