PDA

View Full Version : Crisis of Confidence in "That server"

Spikadelia
29-10-03, 22:17
Okay I emigrated to Uranus from Saturn about six months ago. It's a cracking server and I'm hanging in there through thick and thin with KK and its many issues.......... (fill in the gaps)

However the recent Uranus problems have severely dented confidence in the stability of the server. Also all of a player's acheivements (be that building that SlotGod blessed rare, a haul of Techs or a damn good levelling session) are undermined by the nagging thought of another crash/rollback/crisis may strike which may render them null and void. Even worse is the case of the "missing runners"!

The counter to this is information. Surely we as players deserve some explanation as to the nature of the problems afflicting the server, in plain english for the more technically challenged. If this is gonna be an on-going problem then I'm sure we all want to be able to make an informed decision about where and how we play. We all put in time and money to Neocron and importantly as KK's customer's just want to be able to enjoy the damn game.

So Poll on People and hopefully we can get an official response.
Either that or it's diseased rat time in the main sewer..... bring your own repair lube.

Marx
29-10-03, 22:50
Uranus isn't so much a valley - I'd say its more like a puckering cave.

whifix
29-10-03, 23:45
I think more importantly we should be given a good time frome as to when the problem will be fixed. If that time frame changes then we should be updated. It is not needed to know what is wrong though if it's not in our power to do anything about. Plus it could cause panic in those who do not know enough about what they speak of.