PDA

View Full Version : Reducing WorkLoad and up'n server pops

nugz420
29-10-03, 21:27
Heres a idea I had but sure some will not like it,so it wont ever happen.It would make it so server populations would be higher with out more people playing and make less servers for GM's to spread there work load across.

I would suggest merging the two 4 slotted servers and merging the two 1 slotted servers.Leaving Venus alone as KK doesnt control that server.Still keeping one a four slotted server and the other one a one slotted server.

This could be a problem cause people play on multiple servers.The majority of this problem could be solved by giving enough warning to the playerbase and implement some sort of way to check caracters that you want to keep if you play on multiple servers.

The advanced warning would give players a chance to look at all of there characters on all of the servers.Letting them pick wich characters they want to keep and which characters they would loose.It would also let them mule the items for the charcters they decided they wouldnt need to alts or trusted friends too hold,so only the time to lvl has been lost.

After the merge op's on the merged servers would revert to being unowned.

its only a rough draft of what i think would make for a good change,feel free to add to it,or give constructive feedback but pls no flames.

][)ank

Oath
29-10-03, 21:31
I wont support a server merge, again, people across server somtimes dont mix.............i dont mix.

Krll
29-10-03, 21:58
Merging Pluto with Jupiter? An English language server with a German language server?

I don't think that would go down too well with either of the server communities.

At least Saturn and Uranus are both international servers.

-Krll

Haggis.at
29-10-03, 22:17
The Idea itself aint that bad - but the population of the "not my main server" will be the problem...
Perhaps you noticed that you like 1 server more than the others - possible reasons are:
1) There are your friends
2) There are not those dumbfu***s from the other server :D

Saturn - the PK Server Numero uno.... And Uranus - where everything goes along quite peacefully (most of the times...)

Think about that one...

CarniFlex
29-10-03, 22:21
what happens if someone has nicked my nickname on one of my chars on the server I have to move to? ehm... no thanks. Just do like they did not long ago... shut down uranus for like a week and have those people coming to saturn instead. We welcome them with open arms and plasma guns. :)

nugz420
29-10-03, 22:38
hmm you all bring up valid points.I was just trying to think of how to get server pops up for the possibilites of more fun,and also reducing the workload of the GM's whoo spend there free time helping on the various servers.

Was also thinking that maybe with only 2 servers to look after the Faction counslers and GM's might be able to work in more events as they wouldnt have to spread themselfs so thin.

][)anK