PDA

View Full Version : Disscuission: How could we get people in places other than CRP and p1?

Opar
29-10-03, 16:19
Well? Was just thinking, so many wasted custom chat channels, how would we turf people out of p1 and CRP?

Add more hunting zones?

Make it so that tradeskillers can only poke/repair/research/construct in their own city/area of Neocron?

Discuss ^^ (I know there was a kewl idea about certain tradeskill bonuses in certain cities, but i just fancied a discussion oO)

ericdraven
29-10-03, 16:21
Well, first off people should tell me what's so special about CRP what you do not find in other zones because i never ever played at CRP.

L0KI
29-10-03, 16:24
Its convenient i suppose.

2 GR's, GOGU, ammo shops, caves, fire mobs.

CRP kinda speaks for itself.

Yeah, u can find all these things in other zones, but its rare they are all together. ;)

ericdraven
29-10-03, 16:28
Originally posted by L0KI
Its convenient i suppose.

2 GR's, GOGU, ammo shops, caves, fire mobs.

CRP kinda speaks for itself.

Yeah, u can find all these things in other zones, but its rare they are all together. ;)
Ok, thats why i've never been there.

GR - don't need them (i can run that five minutes to other zones)
GOGU - i loot only rare parts / imps.
ammo - i recycle
fire mobs - are in all surrounding zones as well
caves - seems to be the only real advantage. but i can imagine it's packed all the time and i prefer to hunt on my own (and still get tons of XP and for sure more rare parts). :)

ezza
29-10-03, 16:30
Originally posted by ericdraven
Well, first off people should tell me what's so special about CRP what you do not find in other zones because i never ever played at CRP.

id like to tell you but as ive only leveled there about 4 times its a bit hard to say.

i prefere to level in out of the way places.

and as for PP,well i go there sometimes for a fight seeing as im black dragon but i hate the PPUs hanging around and normally my factions in a minority anyway there, so i normally hang out in PP2 or 3 then stalk the outzone and industrial areas.

or i can be found wandering the wasteland killing city admin scum or Fa CM or TG that i come across

Mr_Snow
29-10-03, 16:33
Cave teams, cover for monks by hunting by themselves generally a decent zone when the gr is open.
My pistol spy needs to cave to level cos its hard trying to get ppus
Not my favourite hunting zone but since all the other grs on the map are locked kinda forced to level there and thats when uts leave it open which is getting rarer and rarer.

(waits for uts to complain how they are being constantly attacked and cant leave it open even though I havent seen an op war at cycrow fro weeks.)

stalked monkey
29-10-03, 17:55
Probably by "constantly attacked" they mean "constantly have people there levelling"

Its not fair that the TGs get the (perfectly legitimate, BTW) excuse that its on their territory. Nothing good is on NEOCRON territory now is there? Bleh. Now I know why so many people go TG. NExT 4tehwin!!!

death&decay
29-10-03, 18:01
Well that's true, considering the nearby levelling spots, neocron
city is like the newbie-zone. But that's understandable, coz if I
was running a city I would not want to have 5 meters tall
badasses arround who set everything on fire that moves.

Still, there should be caves with decent mobs in near neocron.
Maybe more levelling spots in general.
And I want my own warbot farm :D

29-10-03, 18:12
Originally posted by stalked monkey
Its not fair that the TGs get the (perfectly legitimate, BTW) excuse that its on their territory. Nothing good is on NEOCRON territory now is there?

Yeah because we never see any TG in NC do we?....... :-)

Personally I cant wait for the lock down of NC to city runners if DoY ever gets here. Then maybe the other 'cities' (Canyon, TH & MB and DoY of course) will develop their own 'flavour'

Cruzbroker
29-10-03, 18:21
Ah, haven't been in CRP or Chaos caves in a long time...
Why they are better, is they don't do pure poison, so you don't need drugs/anti poison with you... And there is minions a lot more than other caves.. If I were TG, the only place for exp would be chaos cave 1. I still prefer rare mobs, alone, better than 9 player teams..

others have less mobs or are harder to hit, or they need AOE to have decent exp at all... Knowing a ppu is good, as always..

Getting ppl to other places... hmm... SEX ENLIGHTENING!

KidWithStick
29-10-03, 18:23
caves - seems to be the only real advantage. but i can imagine it's packed all the time and i prefer to hunt on my own (and still get tons of XP and for sure more rare parts).

its for the most part completely empty now since the locked GR's...

even before that it wasnt that bad, and with the right teamates you could get some sweet XP...

Archeus
29-10-03, 19:07
I think 1 or 2 zones from one of the NC exits you have Y-Reps and hoverbombers. Good XP.

There are lots of places to level and I personally think it is the beta players that go places like Aggie cellers or CRP as that is all they know.

enablerbr
29-10-03, 19:29
only chance of other areas and leveling spots getting used is to get old skool and beta players using the other parts of the neocron world.
lets take PP for example. it's only ever used for PvP battles. then only 1 part of PP. the rest of PP only has runners quickly runing thru it to get to industrial area or plaza 3 safe zone. you very rarely see anybody hanging out at any of the clubs there. LOL even KK has put dummy NPCs in PP to make it look more populated.
i have no idea how you can change peoples habits of game play. still something has to be done. most of us have seen the videos of neocron. which show other parts of NC populated by runners. when was the last time you ever saw viarosso sea front look like the load up screen from the client.

Scikar
29-10-03, 20:18
There is no way to make people go anywhere other than P1 and CRP. I remember in early retail I knew a constructor called Jeckel who used to trade from the P3 gogo, I used to always use him and buy weapons from him because he was always free, the weapons all had capped stats with good slots, but because he wasn't in P1 hardly anyone noticed him.

Personally I would like to see more tradeskillers in dangerous areas like Pepper park. The way I would do it is outlaw certain items. Have CopBots stop and search people for these illegal items. Maybe give the job to a GM of being the CopBot Captain, and his responsibility is to organise patrols of Neocron looking for smugglers and terrorists (after DoY). He could recruit CopBots from CityAdmin, by giving them a new type of CopBot armor. With this armor on, the character becomes a CopBot, but they must have permission from the GM, they must be CA, and it only works inside the city.

Items that could be outlawed are things like rare parts, high level drugs, and PAs can only be carried, it's illegal to actually wear them (it is supposed to be a safe area after all, who would wear their PA if they weren't expecting a fight?

Something like this would add a great deal of atmosphere to the game IMO, though of course it means a bit more effort for some people so it'll never happen. :rolleyes:

Archeus
29-10-03, 20:21
An easy way to pull the trades people out of Plaza I is to offer bonuses based on faction and area.

So a TT trades person in VR2 will get some kind of bonus when working (prehaps guaranteed 1 slot, or lower percentage of breakage on researching).

Then make the zones hot to faction enemies and it will help split up the factions a bit more.

Drake6k
29-10-03, 20:33
Everyone goes to CRP, aggie cellar, and MB because they are some of the best leveling spots in the game and there are always groups. There are other active places like grant, gab, graves, exc.

Best way to get people to move around is to add more good hunting spots that are easy to get to.