PDA

View Full Version : "Let Us Let The Loot Make Sense"

Flea
29-10-03, 03:52
The days of beta 4, Aggressors/Aggie captians dropping gatlin pistols, and even earlier than that CopBots dropping CB plasma rifles, Enlightened Preachers dropping firelances, and mutants dropping tl 50 some rifles. Those were the days I loved, but the problem with that was everyone had billions (literally) and money meant nothing. ("Pay 5 million for 20 chitin!!!11oneone")

What I say is to bring that back, well sort of. Make aggressors have a 1/10 chance of dropping gatlin pistols, and same with others. Also copbots should drop copbot rifles again, with the same damage as they do now, and allow people to use these rifles if they so choose. (I don't see why it is "illegal" to use a copbot rifle, sure you don't need a clear LOS, but psi monks don't either, and they aren't "Exploiting.") CopBots should have a 50% chance of droping a CopBot rifle, due to the fact that it is so fecking hard to kill one these days.

Make Faction Guards Have Loot!

Right now they don't ever drop anything, you cant even loot them, but they should have a very very low chance (like the "strange book") of dropping their weapon. (TS Rifle for Club Veronique guards, Some sort of rare[ish] laser rifle for BD and TS, artifact chaos queen flame for crahn, a weapon similar to a redeemer for TG, and a rare speedgun rifle for CM, Judge-Like weapon for the inner-city factions as well.) (Please refer to this (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77767&highlight=Guard+Discussion) thread for my views on the new faction guards.)

I don't ask for alot, and I dont want the drops to be "Always" but just to make a little bit more sense. :o

edit: spelling errors
edit2: usage error

RATE THIS THREAD ^^

DarkPhoenix
29-10-03, 03:56
Agree 100%

I miss those days too. I miss junk knives :(

5 stars

nonamebrandeggs
29-10-03, 04:00
Tottaly Agreed. I'd love to actually get the weapons I was being shot with...

Possessed
29-10-03, 04:04
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
Tottaly Agreed. I'd love to actually get the weapons I was being shot with...

You'll never get my PE eggs... never!!

and yeah i agree, those were the days (and the unlimited cash from beta 4 wasn't because of aggies and muties, it was people duping cash cubes:rolleyes: )

mdares
29-10-03, 04:04
this would give more flavor to the game (or flavour if u prefer)

i wasnt there when it happened but i sure as hell want to see it happen now :D

Cypher_Psy
29-10-03, 04:28
Hell yeah, Make gats drop (they just dont), bring back the junk knifes! and the uber street model rifle (for those that remember them) ;)

Perhaps make the regents mutants drop their weapons too?

What about the begger nailgun, medicant uzi + rifle?

As we don't have cash cubes anymore It would be great to have these drops again ;)

Hey the malfunctioning storm bot drops S.T.O.R.M. lasers.... so it would make sense for copbots to drop cop rifles too...

5 stars!

RuButt
29-10-03, 04:34
idea good....

me vote 5 star.

me be nice!

REMUS
29-10-03, 04:38
1/10 chance sounds fair to me!

5 stars!

Heavyporker
29-10-03, 05:40
actually, no, it'd be fairer to have them on a 1/20 drop...

Bibz
29-10-03, 06:18
nice idea, I wasn't there at Beta 4 but it seemed very cool getting loot that is worth something to other people than Recyclers ...

5 stars !

Eldan Sontim
29-10-03, 06:26
Ahhhh the good old days i remember them well.....Not really anything other than yesterday disapears into fog for me, but I do vaguely remember liking it when mobs did drop thier weapons:)

KidWithStick
29-10-03, 07:13
obviously i agree..i even made that poll about the copbot rifles...

so 5 stars from me...

KidWithStick
29-10-03, 07:18
i remember during beta there was an event where some mutants attacked pepper park...

then i was a dumb newb, but man i thought that was the best thing in the game when that happend...

i dont really rememebr what mobs, they were like cyclopse launchers though, and a bunch of aggie capts...

they all droped good shit too...i dont remember what exactly the launchers droped, if they were them..TBH i think they were called somthing else, so anyone who has clearer beta memories feel free to say what they really were... they were like, giant gatlins pistols i think, all i remmeber is i couldnt use them, and i was mad...at the time i was a rifle using tank with melee and some pistol too:rolleyes:

ahhhh, non specialization days...:D

Surfer
29-10-03, 09:42
Yeah those were the days...
I think they were still called Cyclops Launchers and i remember getting experimantal bones, Motoric 1, 2 and 3:s and Berzerk 1 and 2:s (hearing someone getting a berz 3 aswell).

The money problem wasnt because of the nice loot it was because of massive duping going on (anyone remember cashcubes? =).

Another thing i remember was that plaza 1 was swarming with people and it was easy getting a tradeskiller, must have been because there was people leveling purely on tradeskills... Well there was tradeskills bugs of course, a good barter could make nice money running to OZ i heard, LOL.

/Surfer
Been here since beta 4...

neophotographer
29-10-03, 09:43
sounds good. it might even the playing field out for a few people as well.

Stacey

Original monk
29-10-03, 09:46
i do anything for a copbotplasmarifle ....

29-10-03, 10:11
Personally I dont understand why the MOBs dont drop the weapon they were using 100% of the time (like, he had it a second ago, where dod it go?) - if the devs took this out for game balance then it seems obvious that the player version of the gun has different stats to the MOB using it.

The quality of what they drop?....that should be the variable. After all they mutans etc probably dont take very good care of their weapons and even for the MOBs that would you did just kick the shit out of them

•Super|\|ova•
29-10-03, 12:17
Hell yeah... that was so cool being a noob in beta 4 and looting junk knives, gatlings etc from mutants. And since most of us seem to agree that tanks need more better weapons then why not to make Y reps drop their uber Replicant Plasma Cannons :D or give tanks a similiar weapon like Copbot rifle :lol: seriously... do something about this. o_O

Leebzie
29-10-03, 12:31
Copbots are complete exploiters

Ban them :p

Hell-demon
29-10-03, 14:12
Cop bot rifles are still around, you just gotta ask the right person:rolleyes:

I miss the old loot system....BRING IT BACK

5 stars

Opar
29-10-03, 15:29
Yeah!!! Also, make the MC5 guards drop MC5 Plasma RIfles too, similar to Copbot rifle, just looks purdier ^^

*feels a 'NER FTHE SPY' thread coming along*

:P

[EDIT: 5 Stars]

stalked monkey
29-10-03, 15:33
if they just fear the CASH problem, why dont the devs just alter the prices so it emulates "supply and demand?" so when people are getting 1000s of gatlin pistols off aggies, they cant sell em for 2k or whatever they sell for? Would be good for the newbs too, the higher levels would have an excess of nice but low qual weapons just WAITING to be given to newbies

L0KI
29-10-03, 16:44
5 stars

excellent thread.

Style
29-10-03, 16:51
i agree but forget it, would never happen

Sundiver
29-10-03, 17:24
Remember when I was broke, and a quick run in the PP sewer (to the end and back once or twice) sometimes made me 15k or more in cash, thanks to those drops. Those were the times.

Duder
29-10-03, 17:28
Yeah, bring back teh old skool 1337 lewt system and lower specialization and stop forcing teamwork!!!

hudsonbeck
29-10-03, 17:32
I got a copbot plasma rifle.
cant shoot it atm but its a nice collectors item :)

agreed with the idea, but i think the drop rate should be a lot lower than 1/10... maybe 1/25ish

5 stars

Hudson

Flea
30-10-03, 01:37
thanks for all the input guys, I'm glad I am not the only one here who is itching for some changes. :o

SamuraiPizzaCat
30-10-03, 01:45
mobs do use the same weps as us
they jus dont have a dmg cap (178 for our guns)

Anna
30-10-03, 01:59
not to mention boxes drop glass and wires now instead off armor, weapons etc o_O

DarkPhoenix
30-10-03, 02:16
I remember when a light-weapons box dropped some Illegal Slot Enhancers for me on occasion :D

Benjie
30-10-03, 06:11
Um... why not just make those weapons sell for less? Like anybody will give a rats ass...:rolleyes: