PDA

View Full Version : Uranus discussion threads merged here

Pages : [1] 2

nonamebrandeggs
26-10-03, 08:00
I hope I chose my words better this time...

Uranus is down, the Neocron server uranus. The one which I have started playing on today. It is offline, any word on the reason for the Neocron server Uranus to be down? Also, is this a regular thing on Uranus? Because non of the other Neocron servers are down.

Yours truly,
nonamebrandeggs

Martin J. Schwiezer
26-10-03, 08:22
Sorry... the server will be back online in a couple of hours. If there's a serious problem with that server, then it will be back online on monday.

Again... sorry :(

Regards,
MJ

notneo
26-10-03, 08:30
well uranus has a history of going down ,sometomes for days at a time.when tou get back online check your characters as equipment has been known to dissapear(as well as whole characters).
having said this uranus is a lot better than it used to be and i have had no major bugs for 2-3 months

SirSensi
26-10-03, 09:04
I hope there isn't a Database error again....

it looks like its up... but, you cant connect to it... my client reads there is 0 players on .... better than the Offline statement, but still cannot log onto game server...

well, whatever the problem is, I hope it is resloved soon... best of luck to ya KK :)

Talismar
26-10-03, 09:15
No offense Martin, but in all of the pay-to-play games I've played, a server being down (unplanned for) for several hours indicates a serious problem.

By an by, when I say all of the pay-to-play I mean the ones that have small user bases (similar to Neocron) and the much larger ones.

Talismar

Divide
26-10-03, 09:35
all I have to say about this situation is why are uranus players still on that server-- come over to Saturn, lets get rid of uranus, and eventually pluto so that we can have 1 LARGE server instead of these 3 servers that have dwindling player counts... Saturn has a fair track record of being fairly stable, as opposed to uranus, and has almost always been more populated than pluto, it just makes sense for these player bases to converge.

naimex
26-10-03, 09:37
Originally posted by Martin J. Schwiezer
Sorry... the server will be back online in a couple of hours. If there's a serious problem with that server, then it will be back online on monday.

Again... sorry :(

Regards,
MJ

http://www.naimex.dk/nc/ncempty.jpg

NOOOO !!!! Uranus can´t be down !! not during weekends..

WTF am I gonna do for an entire day when the server is down !?!

nonamebrandeggs
26-10-03, 09:37
Originally posted by Talismar
No offense Martin, but in all of the pay-to-play games I've played, a server being down (unplanned for) for several hours indicates a serious problem.

By an by, when I say all of the pay-to-play I mean the ones that have small user bases (similar to Neocron) and the much larger ones.

Talismar

Shadow Bane is much worse, Neocron is quite good server-wise :D.

msdong
26-10-03, 09:47
pleeeeease ..*praytodatabasegod*
hope everything went well. ten its just another pluto sunday :)

Hippieman
26-10-03, 09:50
URanus seems to get a lot of the most shittiest problems of any of the Neocron servers.

naimex
26-10-03, 09:59
@ MJS :: Seriously though... are you guys still trying to get uranus up ?? or have you just post-poned it to tomorrow ?? would be nice to know since i gotta leave for work today.. so its more if i should keep hoping for a solution or start watching weird movies and psychotic episodes ^^

---------------------------------------------------------
So far so good ::

Uranus Population :: 0
Server : Online
Database : Unstable

I can´t even connect to server through the regular way.. however when I just press resume.. it connects to server, but unfortunately it stalls when its getting character infos..

^^ afraid it is the database that got fucked up ^^

naimex
26-10-03, 10:59
seriously.. its been 3 hours... I HAVE TO KNOW !! did you even TRY rebooting uranus ??

Original monk
26-10-03, 11:09
i hope it dont get rerolled :/ i yust got lucky with partz yesterday :)

Talismar
26-10-03, 11:21
My guess is they haven't gotten anyone to look at the server yet or they are slack an didn't bother posting a sticky on it.

Since its been several hours, I'm taking the "its serious" part an won't expect it to be up til sometime monday.

Guess I'll go play one of the other games I pay for as I don't feel like starting new characters on the other servers.

Mr_Snow
26-10-03, 11:45
Man will you ever get around to fixing the goddamn server.
If theres a rolback I will be seriously pissed because Ive spent the whole weekend levelling a new spy and spent 3 hours lomming him from tradeskill to combat last night.

Original monk
26-10-03, 11:47
Originally posted by Talismar
Guess I'll go play one of the other games I pay for as I don't feel like starting new characters on the other servers.

Tip: start a lowlevel apu on pluto: yust run right into the sewer and start killing rats: its actually real fun :P if it gets a bit developed later ya can always put some hack and go hunt wb fo parts so :P or make a pistolpe or sumthing, thats capped in notime and ya have acces to powerfull not soo rare weapons like blaksun so youre viable hé :P

and its cool to see how stuff is goin on on other servers, like how the economy is over there etc :) if youre used to saturn prices and you can buy the same stuff fo cheap on other servers its real fun to give it a try over there i noticed

naimex
26-10-03, 11:51
Originally posted by Mr_Snow
Man will you ever get around to fixing the goddamn server.
If theres a rolback I will be seriously pissed because Ive spent the whole weekend levelling a new spy and spent 3 hours lomming him from tradeskill to combat last night.

^^ that all ??

spent 9 hours LoMMing 2 weekends ago, spent entire weekend (AGAIN) on lvling.. and just powerlvld a monk 30 psi lvls up last evening and this night !!

you are not the only one, who will get PO´ed if there is a rollback.

Mr_Snow
26-10-03, 11:55
I know Naimex know a guy who just bought a new account and power levelled his new tradeskillers so he could lose 2 chars of we have a serious roleback.

naimex
26-10-03, 11:58
just hope they get the server back up soon.. I love playing on uranus.. it´s the only server that isn´t totally fucked up.. dun wanna play on the other servers :( and it´s only possible for me to play in weekends cuz i work in other end of country ='( so it´s catastrophic for me that exactly uranus is down :(

gotta leave today to be on time for work tomorrow ^^

FuzzyDuck
26-10-03, 12:45
Originally posted by Divide
all I have to say about this situation is why are uranus players still on that server-- come over to Saturn, lets get rid of uranus, and eventually pluto so that we can have 1 LARGE server instead of these 3 servers that have dwindling player counts... Saturn has a fair track record of being fairly stable, as opposed to uranus, and has almost always been more populated than pluto, it just makes sense for these player bases to converge.

Sorry to dissapoint but Uranus pop count is actually steadily growing (from 190ish at peak times back in August to 275ish these days.) It would appear that people are in fact leaving Saturn for Uranus as they want to start up new characters.

EDIT:\ And get the server back up or I'll be forced to start playing Max Payne 2 again (god those rag doll effects rule).

Oath
26-10-03, 12:54
Yar,

Sucks uranus is down, shit happens.

AS for the server vultures, piss off, if we wanted to go to saturn / pluto we'd be there by now.

I will never support a server merge of any sort, i like my server, i like (mostly) the community on my server, dislike the majority of the players on other servers (those that i know at least).

Load_HeavyLoad
26-10-03, 13:04
I Agree With Oathie, You Wanna Coem To Uranus Fine, But Dont Bring Your Pluto, Staurn Crap With You

naimex
26-10-03, 13:14
5 hours and counting.. still no change in the uranus unstability.. no signs of a reboot on the server has been seen..

7 hours and counting down till having to leave for work to be in time for work 11 hours later ^^

Load_HeavyLoad
26-10-03, 13:17
GM or Like Mod or Someone Is There No ETA however much so we Can add on a <onth So when know when the REAL ETA is?

]v[ortice
26-10-03, 13:39
I reckon we've been due a bit of server outtage for a while!

Certain bugs keep happening which usually lead to this sort of scenario. Took longer this time tho.

Saturn has had 1 big massive rollback if I recall. Wouldn;t call that stable O_o

Hi MJ. Good to see you man :)

greendonkeyuk
26-10-03, 13:45
due for one? hmm, i wouldnt say it like its MEANT to happen fella. It didnt ought to at all. Id prefer if it never happened, but an official update would be nice. Is it still down anyone?

Yalson
26-10-03, 14:03
still down

SorkZmok
26-10-03, 14:20
It had to happen...i just started a new char and this already happened twice when i did that. I built stuff for him, start him, bring him up quite high, then the server goes down and gets rerolled. o_O

I`m praying that this won`t happen a third time!

Cyb
26-10-03, 14:21
Please DO NOT mention roll back...

i built a 5 slot judge yesterday soif its roll'd back i'm not gonna be impressed..

As for database errors, a few items that don't belong to me appered in my GG last night...

These were 2 app keys, 2 slot MoonStrike and 1 slot Blade of Ceres ^^

Maybe the downtime is automated when these errors are detected?

L0KI
26-10-03, 14:24
hmm,

still no word from a mod?

pretty lame. :rolleyes:

Oath
26-10-03, 14:27
Originally posted by L0KI
hmm,

still no word from a mod?

pretty lame. :rolleyes:

Maybe a good candidate for my lame excuse thread lol.

Maybe.

L0KI
26-10-03, 14:31
Originally posted by Oath
Maybe a good candidate for my lame excuse thread lol.

Maybe.

sex

boobs

geil

Oath
26-10-03, 14:33
sex

boobs

geil
wow,

not really a lame excuse, but i think il use em next time i get dm'd lol.

Some pkd tit>WTF you kill me you asshole???!!!!

Me>Sex j00

Some pkd tit> ???????????????????????????

L0KI
26-10-03, 14:38
whenever i kill someone, i dont sex the corpse on local, i sex them on DM afterwards for a couple of mins. Much more irritating that way. ;)

Doc Holliday
26-10-03, 14:46
[EDIT:\ And get the server back up or I'll be forced to start playing Max Payne 2 again (god those rag doll effects rule). [/B]

Err why the hell not fuzzy. its what i will be doing mate. god that game rocks.

oath and loki u thread hijackers. :p still no eta on the server. oh well. glad im taking a break from it for a bit.

Oath
26-10-03, 14:48
Originally posted by Doc Holliday
Err why the hell not fuzzy. its what i will be doing mate. god that game rocks.

oath and loki u thread hijackers. :p still no eta on the server. oh well. glad im taking a break from it for a bit.

Us? hijaK?? what ya mean.................JO OCALLING ME A NINJA omfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Well i got shit all else to do, my preffered server is down, its sunday morning, my mom has my kid........and to be honest, im bored.

OMZO!
:D :lol: :lol: :lol: o_O OMZO x 2!

*boots up vice city.

Doc Holliday
26-10-03, 14:54
onoz oath am i kos kos kos :)

is vice city any good on pc then? i tried gta 3 and it didnt play too hot but my machine was a bit donkeyknob at the time so.

Girian
26-10-03, 14:55
The sacred playtime of teh weekend!!!!!1111

At least try to inform us on whether you are doing something or you just lying in bed :p

Kaden
26-10-03, 14:57
FFS, this is crap, the sever has now been down for SEVEN hours. WTF do we pay our subs for each month. So KK can just take our money off of us and just sit on it arses everytime something like this happens. Personally its complete BS.

Then again, maybe I should go back to B&W and spank my poor monkey (for being bad )

Oath
26-10-03, 15:01
Originally posted by Chief O'Brien
FFS, this is crap, the sever has now been down for SEVEN hours. WTF do we pay our subs for each month. So KK can just take our money off of us and just sit on it arses everytime something like this happens. Personally its complete BS

lmao, good moring chief, afternoon.

Doc your SOOOOOOO KSOKSOKOSOKSKSOKSKSO :D :lol: :lol:

And yeah vice city on pc pwns, much better than Ps2, but i stil think thta GTA 3 is a better game.

Load_HeavyLoad
26-10-03, 15:02
Err Is Halo Out Yet ??? In The UK I mean And Is It Ne good

Thundra
26-10-03, 15:03
so it is look, its just above me legs

sorry couldnt resist

{MD}GeistDamnit
26-10-03, 15:05
Ha Ha! Good thing I have been busy all week. I'll be back next patch :D

L0KI
26-10-03, 15:08
HL, ill tell u where u can get a v cheap (£0.00) copy of Halo m8

Wait till server's back up

Girian
26-10-03, 15:08
Originally posted by Load_HeavyLoad

Halo is out in the rest of Europe, so I guess you should be able to get a copy there as well

Oath
26-10-03, 15:09
HL, ill tell u where u can get a v cheap (£0.00) copy of Halo m8

Wait till server's back up

Me plots the downfall of halo MUAHUHAUHAUHUAUHAUHAUHA.
p2p pwns joo.

‡ Stormlord ‡
26-10-03, 15:10
...since what time is the Uranus Server down ?

Oath
26-10-03, 15:12
Originally posted by ‡ Stormlord ‡
...since what time is the Uranus Server down ? \

apparently 7 hours ago, its 13:00 hours, - 7 hours 12:93??

lol jokes,

bout............um...... 6am (gmt)? maybe after.

Load_HeavyLoad
26-10-03, 15:15
Gah I Agree With Chief, atm i have 2 accounts on i payed for and one rabbi payedfor but gave to me with 2 months left :) But WTF does this money Go, MJS Must Have a lot of bling-bling for it to ake 7 hrs and still no feedback

Oath
26-10-03, 15:16
Gah I Agree With Chief, atm i have 2 accounts on i payed for and one rabbi payedfor but gave to me with 2 months left :) But WTF does this money Go, MJS Must Have a lot of bling-bling for it to ake 7 hrs and still no feedback

Well in MJS and KK's defence,

They did say, if its serious problem, it wont be up till monday.

Talismar
26-10-03, 15:17
Well you all should have seen Martin's post.... said if it wasn't up in a couple of hours it wouldn't be til Monday. Been more then several hours and it ain't Monday yet.

Of course if that was the most official word on the matter I guess those of us who play on Uranus are just sol.

Kaden
26-10-03, 15:21
@ Oath : KK do no have ANY defense. They cannot provide a service which WE pay for. So why SHOULD we have to pay for them not doing anything????

Oath
26-10-03, 15:24
Originally posted by Chief O'Brien
@ Oath : KK do no have ANY defense. They cannot provide a service which WE pay for. So why SHOULD we have to pay for them not doing anything????

i never said we should

Ren
26-10-03, 15:24
because they aint sitting on the forums answering stupid questions must mean they mustn't be doing anything.....

....... GO CAPTAIN LOGIC

how about they work on the servers........

Mishakal
26-10-03, 15:27
Yeah but what? working on the server or down the pub for a few beers? :D

Kaden
26-10-03, 15:28
lol @ Mish, you can just see it now, MJS and that lot down the pub having a skinfull cause they just don't care

Oath
26-10-03, 15:37
Originally posted by Mishakal
Yeah but what? working on the server or down the pub for a few beers? :D
nonon you dont get it do you................

going down tjhe pub for a few beers were what caused this shit.

nerf squad> wanna grab a few beers guys?
maintenece peeps> sure
NS> k meet at the 'insert pub name here'
MP>sure.

*all go to pub, follows 3 hours of drunken chat darts pool etc*

NS> we is t3h uber pished, me is goin home woith booboo *burp*
MP> yeah *hic* we uber p15h3D 2 10011011100100101110100100111010 *laughs*
NS> o_O noobs *NS goes home*
MP>*go back to server Hq and Proceed to fall asleep on duty.*
NS>*calls hq*
MP>(RING RING) wtf Fuck off ffs........me kos joo onoz........snores.
NS>*give up*
MP> wakes at 6 am due to alarm bells ringing (kinda half stuck to the server case door) *realises they puked on the main boards*

*call mjs* ' OMFG OMFG KOS KOS!!!!!!!!!!!11111111oneoneoneone'

MJS>?? whats wrong are you mad?
MP>!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111oneneenne
MJS>gets his 1337 slave gimp.
1337 slave gimp>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111122222222@@@@@@OMOZO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*translates to mjs*
MJS> WTF YOU CHUCKED IN THE SERVERS!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111OMFG JOO NOOB WF KOS KLOLTHXBYE!!!!!!!
LSG>??????????? omfg

MJS> *jumps in car, drives to kk hq* KOS KOS RAWR ME PWN JOO! *beats the MS for 6 hours..............realises hes broke uranus even more* !!@$$%%@^^!&&@((!()))*&&*@%^!%^!&*&@**!*&@&&&!&&@&&@ OOOOOOOMZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOO

Post on forums.

go back to bed.

Kaden
26-10-03, 15:39
lolololololol, Oathy wins hands down, ALL HAIL TEH OATHERNATOR

Lareolan
26-10-03, 15:40
Well in MJS and KK's defence,

They did say, if its serious problem, it wont be up till monday.

Yes, in MJS's defence he did say if it's a serious problem (read as requires more work than a reboot) then it won't be up till monday because they don't feel like doing jack all on weekends and wanna go out and buy some more feraris and rolexes. Man, when will you people learn that playing the devil's advocate is just LAME! We are PAYING CUSTOMERS. We PAY money for service. So any time that service is not being offered to us, we have a right to complain to our heart's content. So all you fanboys please stop!

Oath
26-10-03, 15:44
Originally posted by Lareolan
Yes, in MJS's defence he did say if it's a serious problem (read as requires more work than a reboot) then it won't be up till monday because they don't feel like doing jack all on weekends and wanna go out and buy some more feraris and rolexes. Man, when will you people learn that playing the devil's advocate is just LAME! We are PAYING CUSTOMERS. We PAY money for service. So any time that service is not being offered to us, we have a right to complain to our heart's content. So all you fanboys please stop!

Fanboi?

onoz.

*takes some anti flame pills*

I said that to the people that asked about being updated.
As for working weekends, look at it this way, do you want to waste your weekends at work? or would you prefer to go buy your new bentley and rolex's.

But thats beside the point, im far from a fanboi, but im certainly not so anti kk.

as for playing devils advocate, im being objective, thats it.

Jesterthegreat
26-10-03, 15:49
well uranus is down again... hello server rollback... goodbye scorp trike / heavy scorp trikes on the server (all were aquired last night)

ah well... on the upshot my spy wont be lieing dead at CRP haha

Talismar
26-10-03, 15:51
Thanatos posted in announcements -

"Uranus is still down, we are working on it. No ETA possible so far."

Spoon
26-10-03, 16:01
Hey, if they rollback, that means my APU won't be lying dead out at CRP... \o/
damn, almost made it to the GR too......:o

ohhh, but wait that means I'll all those TP's I got last night too...:(

@jesterthegreat

You too?......lol

Kaden
26-10-03, 16:04
I really have to say say, the customer support for the game is REALLY great. NOT. 2 updates in 8 hours. WOW, you have to be REALLY impressed by that dontcha

Lareolan
26-10-03, 16:09
Fanboi?

onoz.

*takes some anti flame pills*

I said that to the people that asked about being updated.
As for working weekends, look at it this way, do you want to waste your weekends at work? or would you prefer to go buy your new bentley and rolex's.

But thats beside the point, im far from a fanboi, but im certainly not so anti kk.

as for playing devils advocate, im being objective, thats it.

Well honestly I would still preffer to work because money is money. Not to mention that most companies that provide 7 days a week services are actually supposed to work 7 days a week. (It's called shifts). And you can be sure that this is how Level 3 operates (Or they'd be out of business so fast...) So yes, KK should have someone heading over to Level 3 offices within 1 hour of the server going down, anything above that is unacceptable and once again goes into my theory of KK biting off more than they could chew. If they can't provide the services, they shouldn't try offering them. Besides, we - the customers pay for a persistent world. Meaning it's up and running at all times 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Most servers do offer the whole 99.9% uptime garantee... So why can't we get something similar with MMORPGs? Uranus has been down so much, it's uptime is at best maybe 95% And that's already pretty pathetic (calculate what 5% of a year is and you'll see).

I think this is the whole issue of MMOs being too new so there aren't any consumer protection laws in place yet, and there is no competition to force companies to police themselves (If you try to run a webhost with such up times, you'll go broke in a matter of a few months).

naimex
26-10-03, 16:54
PROGRESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uranus server is now Offline..

at last progress is to be seen..

now only props is... i gotta leave for work soon.. and wont be home again until friday.. an ENTIRE DAY OF NEOCRON STOLEN FROM ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its not fair *sits down and cries*

Jesterthegreat
26-10-03, 16:57
Originally posted by naimex
PROGRESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uranus server is now Offline..

at last progress is to be seen..

now only props is... i gotta leave for work soon.. and wont be home again until friday.. an ENTIRE DAY OF NEOCRON STOLEN FROM ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its not fair *sits down and cries*

its been offline for the last 2 hours for me...

oh and i have a week of free house, 24/7 connection...

and i cant play my server!

Keiron
26-10-03, 17:00
Oh for fucks sake. I constructed over 180 high tl spells yesterday. Do you have any idea how boring it is to do that? If there is a rollback someone is going to die a horrible plasma-ridden death.

Jesterthegreat
26-10-03, 17:02
well if theres a roll back odds are so are all trikes / heavy trikes on uranus O_o

however my TG runner will be alive haha(but i may have to change implants around again O_o)

ericdraven
26-10-03, 17:27
Err.. who uses "Eric Draven" on Saturn?

Please delete your char, i wanna use this name. :p :p

Oath
26-10-03, 17:29
Originally posted by ericdraven

Please delete your char, i wanna use this name. :p :p

yeah,

LEts ALL OF URANUS GOTO SATURN, we'll noob gank all the uber peeps, 300 0/2 cant be wrong lol.

naimex
26-10-03, 17:33
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
its been offline for the last 2 hours for me...

oh and i have a week of free house, 24/7 connection...

and i cant play my server!

ohh.. been playing CS since 13:00 or so (gmt +1)

so hadnt noticed ^^ but would rather x9999999999 have been playing NC on uranus

ericdraven
26-10-03, 17:36
yeah,

LEts ALL OF URANUS GOTO SATURN, we'll noob gank all the uber peeps, 300 0/2 cant be wrong lol.
Oath, what did you people do down there at MC5? Tyring to kill the Base Commander to get some MC5 parts? :lol: :p

Oath
26-10-03, 17:56
Oath, what did you people do down there at MC5? Tyring to kill the Base Commander to get some MC5 parts? :lol: :p

Lol i did, my uber 1226 0/2 ppu.

Good fun, but i had to go offline again lol.

just like uranus :rolleyes:

naimex
26-10-03, 17:58
Lol i did, my uber 1226 0/2 ppu.

Good fun, but i had to go offline again lol.

just like uranus :rolleyes:

uber 1226 ^^^ LSSG ???? =/ talk about a typo ^^

Oath
26-10-03, 17:59
Originally posted by naimex
uber 1226 ^^^ LSSG ???? =/ talk about a typo ^^

lol naw its intentional, a sarcastic attempt at being 1337.

naimex
26-10-03, 18:03
ehhh... fair enuff... cant be much INT in a 0/2 ppu :p

so it´s ok.. to pretend to be 1337 ^^ but TBH.. I would rather be 31337 than 1226... |\| () ()FF3|\|3|\|(3 ..... =/ that went rather bad ^^

|\| /\ | |\/| 3 >< pwns j00 !! ... in some virtual virtual virtual reality o_O .. NF inside NF inside NC ^^ or summet

Cyb
26-10-03, 18:26
yes...

*rings the mental institute*

MjukisDjur
26-10-03, 18:36
If they rollback and I loose the thing I traded yesterday (Fenix and Kabal, you know which one...) ill be "a bit upset"...

nonamebrandeggs
26-10-03, 18:46
/me gets woken up by little sister
/me goes and eats bacon
/me takes a piss
/me turns on comp
/me starts some streams going
/me signs into IRC channels
/me closes that gay AIM news window
/me starts up NC
/me logs on Uranus
/me gets mad
/me comes here

Stigmata
26-10-03, 18:55

Please delete your char, i wanna use this name

i thought that was you Eric, i pked your wanna be alter ego yesterday :D

Andy

ericdraven
26-10-03, 19:00
Originally posted by stigmata
i thought that was you Eric, i pked your wanna be alter ego yesterday :D

Andy
All my chars on Saturn have still the LE in, 'cause i am da n00b and fear all you 1337 PKers.. :p :p

Nexxy
26-10-03, 19:03
get
server
so
i
can
cap
and
own
kirja
at
the
stupid
meeting
thingie

Eric can i buy a SF set off you on credit....

naimex
26-10-03, 19:06
and to think i spent 3 weeks getting clan members to go hunting with me.. and then we agree on this morning and first thing that shows up is a uranus server down..

god dont like me... dun think servers.... gms... KK.. CDV.. or anyone does either..

everything is against me today except the thing about setting time back 1 hour giving me 1 extra hour at home NOT TO USE ON NEOCRON BECAUSE THE SERVER I PLAY ON IS FUCKED UP, so im kinda down..

ericdraven
26-10-03, 19:06
Originally posted by Nexxy
Eric can i buy a SF set off you on credit....
Err... thanks for reminding me, i don't trade/sell anymore, sorry.

‡ Stormlord ‡
26-10-03, 19:08
HELL I WANT TO PLAY ON URANUUUUUSSSSsss...

L0KI
26-10-03, 19:24
I think maybe its time for another update...

o_O

ericdraven
26-10-03, 19:28
I think maybe its time for another update...

Database crashed. All backups magically destroyed. We all have to start from scratch.. no, actually.. the server will be deleted and we have to move to another one...

KRIMINAL99
26-10-03, 19:30
Database crashed. All backups magically destroyed. We all have to start from scratch.. no, actually.. the server will be deleted and we have to move to another one...

Hey if that happened and they decided to just reroll it as a 4 character Neptune with unlocked qbs it'd be fine with me :)

‡ Stormlord ‡
26-10-03, 19:31
the server will be deleted and we have to move to another one...

If that happens... ...I`ll dig my own grave...

L0KI
26-10-03, 19:32
I wouldnt be too happy with losing 6 capped chars, 2 of them monks :p

‡ Stormlord ‡
26-10-03, 19:34
I wouldnt be too happy with losing 6 capped chars, 2 of them monks :p

...and think about the time we need to get a char capped...

naimex
26-10-03, 19:34
MAKE THE DAMN SERVERS CRASH ON WEEKDAYS INSTEAD OF WEEKENDS !!

ericdraven
26-10-03, 19:36
Originally posted by ‡ Stormlord ‡
...and think about the time we need to get a char capped...
A week? :p

I think i couldn't be arsed to start from scratch again.. :)

DarkPhoenix
26-10-03, 19:36
I think Im done if there is a server roll back and its major.

Mr_Snow
26-10-03, 19:39
Agrees ive put in too much work too many times and kk have wiped it cos they ahve dodgy hardware and dont update backups enough, if I lose the work I put in yesterday and probably a few days before that i will be cancelling my account and my brothers account.

nonamebrandeggs
26-10-03, 19:55
Fucking hell, this is so frusterating... I wanna get on uranus but I can't, and pluto is uber boring.

Tratos
26-10-03, 19:58
so its STILL down?

bloody hell, im glad i dont play uranus then

~T

naimex
26-10-03, 20:00
Uranus was reported "down" at 07:00 and its now 18:52

thats 12 hours :eek:

Keiron
26-10-03, 20:07
Odds are it will be down for most of the day and then come up with a 12+ hour rollback.:rolleyes: Gotta love Uranus

naimex
26-10-03, 20:13
someone kiss uranus earth for me when it gets back online.. and write an ingame mail to "-naimex-" if there is a server rollback.. wont be home again until friday.. so wont know if the post gets flooded away or something..

StrongSad
26-10-03, 20:20
server rollback of 2+ hours will result in the loss of my strange book. :lol:

Keiron
26-10-03, 20:22
Please tell me you took a screeny of that book! I've been dyin to see what one looks like.

CRAIG DIGGERS
26-10-03, 20:23
And someone will lose a 5 slot judge i build for
:eek:

L0KI
26-10-03, 20:23
This doesnt mean giving us an ETA exactly.

Just a rough estimate, will it be back up today, or 2moro?

I know for a fact it would settle a lot of peoples minds.
I dont give a damn personally, as i havent done anything of significance in about 32 hours of game time, but i know a few guys in the clan have spent past 48 hours at Mc5, and i know they wanna know whats going on.

Any update would be great

Thanks

‡ Stormlord ‡
26-10-03, 20:25
A week? :p

I think i couldn't be arsed to start from scratch again.. :)

If Uranus really is killed by DeathStar (StarWars *g*), i wont level up my characters again, its PAIN IN THE ASS. :D

See u all in CounterStrike... *g*

Oath
26-10-03, 20:26
Originally posted by StrongSad
server rollback of 2+ hours will result in the loss of my strange book. :lol:

omg ITS YOUR FUCKING FAULT OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!

EVRYONE KNOWS T3H STRANGE BOOKS ARE UNSTABLE WTF, JOO CAUSED THE ERROR WHY ELSE DO YA THINK NO-ONES HAS ONE

omzo?
OMZO!

Me Jokes.

sorry, im getting withdrawal.

:( :lol: :lol: :)

SirSensi
26-10-03, 20:45

Yes Heavy Halo is out for the PC and it looks and Plays like a dream ^^ well at least out here in the states it is

Btw, any word on when Uranus will be back up??

I truely hope there isnt a roll back :eek: that would really piss me off since I just got a few tech parts ive been waiting on and a few spells as well o_O

and wtf is up with it being down for so long??? Saturn goes down and they put it right back up...O_o

comon Mods? MJS? a statement when it will be up and running again would be awsome

kthnxbye

Rieper
26-10-03, 21:01
almost capped Pe on Pluto, and lvl 60 Base psi APU on Saturn :)
its a good fallback :p

Progenitor
26-10-03, 21:18
Okay - who forgot to account for daylight-savings time for the server????

-p

darknessfairy
26-10-03, 21:40
Has anyone realised how much information we have recieved about this shut down? Shit all.

Im mean in the whole current 13 hours its been down for (roughly) we have had one piece of info at 1.30 (gmt) and that was it... Surely we should be gettin more?

Plus like naimex some of us dont get to play during the week... :mad:

Really...some one please sort this out before i go mad and delete my account...:eek:

Mr_Snow
26-10-03, 21:47
Thats because KK have the weekend off and their paying customers arent important enough to keep happy.

StrongSad
26-10-03, 21:49
I of course was kiding. :lol:

But I would surely commit suicide if I lost a strange book in rollback.

Ulle
26-10-03, 21:53
For all of you who think that KK don't give a shit please may I point you towards the announcement forum where they have made this thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80023) about the problem. They are trying to solve the problem as fast as they can but as you may of realised by now they are not miracle workers and it takes time for things to be fixed. Please be patient.

Mr_Snow
26-10-03, 21:55
Oh thanks Ulle we all hadnt realised that uranus was down which is the only info we have been given

Celt
26-10-03, 22:04
Originally posted by Ulle
They are trying to solve the problem as fast as they can but as you may of realised by now they are not miracle workers and it takes time for things to be fixed. Please be patient.
Translation:

They are all in the pub getting drunk while MJS shows off his newest bling bling and new mercedes S class.

Ulle
26-10-03, 22:13
Fine, I offered a hand of assurance that KK were doing their job but you just kick it back in my face with your sarcastic remarks, next time I won't bother.

ezza
26-10-03, 22:15
ffs people Ulles just trying to give you info

L0KI
26-10-03, 22:16
I think Celt was having a laugh. O_o

darknessfairy
26-10-03, 22:16
they probly shut the server down and thought fuck it we'll leave it til tomorrow...really...cumon what are they paid for?

and this never happens to any other server...check back through past announcement posts...all about uranus at least once a month for the past 6 months...and MJS said we hadnt had any major problems in months...

uh huh we alll believe that

spongeb0b
26-10-03, 22:19
Does anyone know how often KK backup their DB? cos i'd like to know how much stuff im likely to lose if there is a roleback... and wether i should wait till nxt week when im next at home... ( i work all week) to comit suicide or wether im in the clear with my new funky stuff?

ericdraven
26-10-03, 22:20
Originally posted by spongeb0b
Does anyone know how often KK backup their DB? cos i'd like to know how much stuff im likely to lose if there is a roleback... and wether i should wait till nxt week when im next at home... ( i work all week) to comit suicide or wether im in the clear with my new funky stuff?
Daily at 5 am IIRC.

darknessfairy
26-10-03, 22:21
wkd

spongeb0b
26-10-03, 22:21
phew... so if i made a new sf at around 7pm saturday then it should be safe? yes?

FuzzyDuck
26-10-03, 22:22
*points and laughs at all the forum newbies joining merely 'cause the best server is down*

those old days of post count 1 - I wish I was a newbie again.

*cries*

ericdraven
26-10-03, 22:22
phew... so if i made a new sf at around 7pm saturday then it should be safe? yes?
It should. But i remember a rollback which went back more than 24 hours... o_O

Originally posted by FuzzyDuck
those old days of post count 1 - I wish I was a newbie again.
You still are...

j/k :p

darknessfairy
26-10-03, 22:25
yeah well blatently its because we havent got time to post on the forum cos we're in game :P

Ren
26-10-03, 22:27
Originally posted by darknessfairy
they probly shut the server down and thought fuck it we'll leave it til tomorrow...really...cumon what are they paid for?

and this never happens to any other server...check back through past announcement posts...all about uranus at least once a month for the past 6 months...and MJS said we hadnt had any major problems in months...

uh huh we alll believe that

sorry, i'm going to cut open your reply......

they probly shut the server down and thought fuck it we'll leave it til tomorrow

You assume, you dont know for sure. You are not the team leader and you are not in the knowledge of the problem, you assume you know what has to be done and you assume that its "easy" to fix.

...really...cumon what are they paid for?

What are they paid for? well, server maintence which they are doing, content, bug controlling, gm sorting and running the helpdesk/sorting your account problems.

To me they are doing all of them, just because the syncs are still in, and the game crashes doesnt mean they aint fixing other things (the PE Green skin got sorted majorly quickly).

and this never happens to any other server...check back through past announcement posts...all about uranus at least once a month for the past 6 months

Sort of true, but remember saturn had to be rebooted, pluto had to be sorted for major lag, so all the servers are getting sorted, likley some cause more hassle than others. I'm not going to go and say "play another server" but the truth is, if its not working for you, move on.

and MJS said we hadnt had any major problems in months...

Well, the PE skin was a major problem, and it was sorted and there is alot of behind the scenes work which is sorted before the players get a grasp of whats happening.
You may feel upset, but please dont assume that they have decided to "give up".......

i'm sure they are as dedicated as ever.

L0KI
26-10-03, 22:27
it just depends, if the server became corrupt today, then u wont lose shit really.

If it became corrupt 3 days ago, they have to roll back 3 or 4 days.

Yeah, there was a bitch of a roll back, think it was over 48 hours, a good few months ago. Damn that sucked.

darknessfairy
26-10-03, 22:33
i think im just more annoyed about the fact that we really havent been informed properly, like an update to say itll be up tomorrow would soothe my mind...

*ph33r*
26-10-03, 22:41
WHOS HOUSE? RONS HOUSE!

‡ Stormlord ‡
26-10-03, 22:42
I really think we all just have only to wait a bit and be patient.

I myself wouldnt like to be the programmer or whatever like Thanatos and Snowcrash are and doing that Uranus shit all sunny Sunday...

If KK will get planet Uranus destroyed from Lord Darth Vaders DeathStar, I will be happy and thank them guys my characters arent cleared. :D

Tratos
26-10-03, 22:42
i think im just more annoyed about the fact that we really havent been informed properly, like an update to say itll be up tomorrow would soothe my mind...

...thing is they might not know, i really hope you guys dont get a major roll back, that 48 hour really did suck. but since the ive moved to pluto.

~T

spongeb0b
26-10-03, 22:47
thanks for raising my spirits lol dont talk about 48 hrs :'( its scary lol

L0KI
26-10-03, 23:02
Quote from Thanatos about Uranus

"Unfortunately we were unable to fix the problems with Uranus so far. The server will remain down until tomorrow. We are very sorry for this, please use one of the other servers."

Pffffffft.

night night guys n gals
:(

Progenitor
26-10-03, 23:03
For all of you who think that KK don't give a shit please may I point you towards the announcement forum where they have made this thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80023) about the problem. They are trying to solve the problem as fast as they can but as you may of realised by now they are not miracle workers and it takes time for things to be fixed. Please be patient.

It's the amount of information that is given that I have issues with. The annoucement doesn't say much of anything than to wait and hope. Which it probably should have said "c'ya Monday."

What is the issue that is keeping it down?

Assume that it is a hardware issue:
* KK support staff is limited or hard to find and call in on the weekend.
* Replacement hardware is not kept on hand due to monetary issues
* Vendor support that is paid for is very limited on the weekend and won't be able to respond untill the next buisness day. The usual SLA states 24 hour turnaround, unless it is really good : $$$

Now, if it is a DB issue:
* KK support staff is limited or hard to find and call in on the weekend.
* DB corruption can be a pain in the ass
* Restoring a DB is not always as simple as reading the backups.

Fine, I offered a hand of assurance that KK were doing their job but you just kick it back in my face with your sarcastic remarks, next time I won't bother.

In all honesty, you should have known better :D

Question - how much can KK do and how much are they dependant on other vendors for hardware support/server hosting support?

-p

darknessfairy
26-10-03, 23:10
at last some response...its down til tomorrow

well that fucks some people up... :( but at least we know

spongeb0b
26-10-03, 23:13
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO .... this had better not be a serious DB prob cos i wont know till friday now... thats upsetting but yeah at least some useful response after erm... 15hrs?? is that right? i'm a lil crap with time atm

nonamebrandeggs
26-10-03, 23:14
:confused: So KK gave up for today on the servers? That's what I got from Thanatos' post :eek:. I guess that's alright and all, I mean... they got families and stuff to go home to. But then again... this means that there is not chance of a fix in the next 24 hours. I'm really sad about this, I was really looking forward to logging on today, and it seems all I can do is sit around playing other mediocre games while I wait. I can't sleep now, it's 4:00 PM...

I'm sad and dissapointed.

darknessfairy
26-10-03, 23:15
well its 9pm gmt now, and we think it started at about 7 am gmt... so er thats erm...14 hours..so close...and dont worry i think if we do have a rollback we'll all be screwed :(

spongeb0b
26-10-03, 23:19
yeah i spose im just feeling cheated but true there are other people so lets all look on the bright side we can all bitch together when the server comes back up :D

Doc Holliday
26-10-03, 23:30
WOW LOOK AT ALL THE WHINERS.

j/k ok ppl can u all not play a different server or shock horror another game. assume no news is good news huh. maybe they had somthin going that was lookin good but dont wanna let ppl no as it may tempt fate. or maybe they were up to their asses in code trying to fix what ever fuck up has gone wrong.

in fairness lookin at some of the forums i personally wouldnt mind if some ppls chars get deleted........ :p

Mr_Snow
26-10-03, 23:47
Heh down to tomorrow as if we didnt know that would happen as soon as it said that there was a possibilty.

No news generally means there is no news as in they aint doing anything and since this is neocron (also known as neocrap to ex-players) every scenerio is the worst possible scenerio so we can expect atleast another 24 hour rollback if we are lucky.

And @ Ulle there is no point in refering to a thread as information on a problem if there is no information in th thread.

And the other servers suck and my ppu on venus is boring.

Doc Holliday
26-10-03, 23:50
[Edited for Violation of Forum Rules - Ulle]

SirSensi
26-10-03, 23:51
At least they are trying toi get the server back up and these people arent god ya know....

anywayz... I hope there is NO ROLL BACK if there is Ill be extremely upset....

I spent like 2-3 hours crafting some spells that I would just loathe to lose :(

keep up the good work guys and get this settled as soon as humaly possible

kthnxbye

Mr_Snow
26-10-03, 23:58
Well doc you see I pay for a game so I expect to be able to play the game I pay for.

Now since Ive been playing uranus since march Ive been through various bugs rollbacks in which Ive lost time effort and valuable items in the game which include a 5 slot ultimate artifact libby which got lost last rollback which was the biggest kick in the teeth but Ive lost a 5 slot speedy and all the other stuff on my tank at the time and in another rollback I lost 60 rares belonging to a friend because it one of these server crashes that deleted chars and restored them to backup. Now since I wont be able to play much next week because of a college exam I decided to pull a 24 hour run on my new spy so I am going to be very pissed off if I loss that 24 hours work and ath 3 or 4 hours of lomming I did on that char.

And to be honest Doc I have a right to be pissed off so shut it.

Oath
27-10-03, 00:02
If the server was so fubar that they had to kill everything and we all had to start over?

personaly, the thought of re-leveling is horrible, but the thought of a new server (in essence) excites me (yes i'd be pissed about the items xp-loss etc etc etc etc etc.)

What would YOU do?

and yeah sucks they cant fix it but nm, maybe we'll all get uber compensation :D or maybe not :( :eek: OIMZO!

spongeb0b
27-10-03, 00:10
well i would.. after much stamping of feet and trantrums prolly start again.. cos i love this game... but the thought of killing rats... and aggies for xp and money... eugh disturbing :p

Oath
27-10-03, 00:13
well i would.. after much stamping of feet and trantrums prolly start again.. cos i love this game... but the thought of killing rats... and aggies for xp and money... eugh disturbing :p

:confused:
You killed rats............dude...........risk it, go kil aggies soon after you get your first 'real' gun lol.

20 mins of fun lol.

L0KI
27-10-03, 00:14
i start in PP sewers. best place to start i think. Forget rats :p

ericdraven
27-10-03, 00:15
Uhm i don't think i'd have the energy to start all over again... o_O

But the Uranus downtime did help me to make new chars on Saturn.. now I have a level 100 resser/barter and a TL 84 poker there.. only need a CSTer now and i won't have any money troubles anymore on that server. :p

spongeb0b
27-10-03, 00:17
lol havn't been in that situation for a while mind... so what would you do? change of class? for differentiation (not sure if thats a real word lol) or for a challenge? hmmmm good point tho... ne wayz stop worrying me i want a couple of hours roll back if that nething more would suck ass not to mention a complete re roll from scratch :/ or even no roll back at all would be nice but letz just wait and see

Zokk
27-10-03, 00:18
Crackheads broke Uranus...

o_O

darknessfairy
27-10-03, 00:18
Well i've only been playing for a few months as it is, and i dont really mind leveling noobs...

So i think i could cope with it, but it wouldnt be my ideal option TBH

‡ Stormlord ‡
27-10-03, 00:20
i just was playing Alien vs. Predator 2 online...

Jesus this was fun !

No reason to whine, just do anything else and tomorrow the server will be okay... (...I hope so...)

Rieper
27-10-03, 00:21
I got me a ppu bitch on saturn to help my apu level... whos now psi 73.

and almost a millionaire :D

Celt
27-10-03, 00:54
ULLE
No, you uttered worthless placations and gave us no new info whatsoever.

DOC
another thing u forgot to mention mr snow is u are obviously a whinging fucker as explained by that last post.
www.dictionary.com
Look up whining/whinging, snow's complaining, you're whining.
There's a difference, even though it obviously eludes someone of your intellect.

How do u know exactly whats going off.
I dont recall snow saying he knew exactly what was going on.

Stop making absolute bollocks up to support your flaky assumptions.

aaah u dont work for them. so shut the fuck up and get off the forum u miserable twat and let the people who do work for em do their jobs and not have to listen to your incessant bitching..
You dont work for them either.

Does that mean you should STFU and get off the forum?
No.

Also, do you SERIOUSLY believe whoever is responsible for fixing this fuckup is in actual fact reading community talk (english)?

Even for someone with as obviously limited intelligence as yourself, this is mind bogglingly stupid.

In other words, grow up you idiotic stupid pre pubescent whining fanboi.

StrongSad
27-10-03, 01:59
Now that was a verbal rapeage if I have ever seen one.

Im glad that I live in America where we have a sheet of paper giving everyone the right to free speech. To each his own.

PS- people stil play AvP 2??? Man. That game was t3h own back when it first came out. Perhaps I will install it. :D

QuantumDelta
27-10-03, 03:27
Yawn.

This will be the First time a server has been down for more than 24 hours in the 11 months I've been here.

KKs Neocron Server downtime is far better than any MMORPG I can think of...
Unless you include test server, then it's slightly worse :p

Mishakal
27-10-03, 03:31
Lol the servers goes down for a day and we're getting cases of internet rage (or neocron withdrawal?)
whats the point in moaning and bitching about it?
U can't do anything about it so chill lol :D

Celt
27-10-03, 03:51
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Yawn.

This will be the First time a server has been down for more than 24 hours in the 11 months I've been here.

Wasnt uranus down for a week over the new year because the server guy was on holiday?

Celt
27-10-03, 03:55
Yawn.

eve has had approx 60hours unscheduled downtime in 6months.
And only 1 rollback a few weeks after retail.

Oh and the longest it's been offline is about 6 hours.

I'm pretty sure planetside is offline less then NC too.

Talismar
27-10-03, 03:56
@QD Guess your experience w/ MMORPG servers is drastically different then mine. Worst case I've ever seen that was this long was from natural disaster.

Keiron
27-10-03, 04:22
Worst I've ever seen was 3 days. What happened was, a major server component (never said what one exactly) took a dump and before a replacement arrived, Texas got hit with one of the worse ice storms in their recorded history. Took them the next two days to get power lines/replacement parts to the server place. Only had a 15 min. rollback when the finally got the server back up thou.

PsiCorps
27-10-03, 04:43
im so bored, im wearing a belt on my head, i want to play uranus :< damn j00 im bored of cs being the 42nd best isnt good enough :<

BlackPrince
27-10-03, 04:55
Damn.

Looks like the duct tape and bubble gum holding the server together finally gave out. Was it that or did termites gnaw through the balsa wood case again?

BlackDove
27-10-03, 05:01
Originally posted by PsiCorps
im wearing a belt on my head

Go with the pants, it's much more fun.

nonamebrandeggs
27-10-03, 05:06
...it is still down, what gives?

StrongSad
27-10-03, 05:07
Go with the pants, it's much more fun.

I prefer dirty white underwear actually.

BlackDove
27-10-03, 05:15
Well I hope that works for you then.

StrongSad
27-10-03, 05:48
It does....very well, thank you. :cool:

nonamebrandeggs
27-10-03, 05:49
Why is Uranus still down?

Marx
27-10-03, 05:50
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
Why is Uranus still down?

Because you all are too lazy to stand up.

*guffaw guffaw*

Sorry, I'll go back to my corner now.

juvestar15
27-10-03, 05:59
crackheads on Uranus now or something?

QuantumDelta
27-10-03, 06:04
Originally posted by juvestar15
crackheads on Uranus now or something?
Yuppers, Tupac and co are affiliated with NCAT.

Draw your own conclusions...

nonamebrandeggs
27-10-03, 06:09
Yuppers, Tupac and co are affiliated with NCAT.

Draw your own conclusions...

What?

Tupac?

NCAT?

...Crackheads are not on Uranus...

QuantumDelta
27-10-03, 06:10
What?

Tupac?

NCAT?

...Crackheads are not on Uranus...
Then someone is impersonating Tupac....o_O

NCAT KoS everyone.
They had been inactive for a while.
NCAT include people like Skuld, and Slutsumi (who has a decent tank on pluto).

uhh... there was more but I was half asleep when tupac was on trade-nc...

petek480
27-10-03, 06:12
No, Tupac is on uranus, but tupac isn't a crackhead.

juvestar15
27-10-03, 06:14

Do not even attempt to understand NCAT.

Everytime i speak to a clan member i get a new story. It's quite entertaining. I think 10 people share a few accounts. Either that or someone has an extreme case of split personality.

QuantumDelta
27-10-03, 06:23
Thanks for clearin that up petek, I've said it before I don't know pluto's political all that well :p

Tupac seemed pretty cool, but I wonder what is in store for uranus with crackheads / tupac there and NCAT being back, and all the gatekeepers busy or dying...

nonamebrandeggs
27-10-03, 06:24
NCAT is back? On Pluto? U"ranus?

QuantumDelta
27-10-03, 06:26
I saw a few of the NCATs online last time I was on, on Uranus, Tupac was looking for them shortly after.

Osty/Slut being the main two that I talked to...

juvestar15
27-10-03, 06:42
They said they aren't the same NCAT as Pluto's.

Peeping Tom
27-10-03, 09:05
i know why they server is down... they neede a CS server for there lanparty....
K4F

spongeb0b
27-10-03, 09:31
yawn :o... 26hrs roughly and still... offline O_o must be a tad of a problem... oh well, sigh im off to work now i'll be back friday to cry about all my stufff accumulated over the past weekend :( nm i'll get over it cya friday

Girian
27-10-03, 11:31
NCAT won't be active for some weeks maybe even months./

QuantumDelta
27-10-03, 11:34
And then, all questions were answered :p

And only one person will know what I'm talkin about o_O

[SP]Ostrich
27-10-03, 11:42
Originally posted by juvestar15
Do not even attempt to understand NCAT.

Everytime i speak to a clan member i get a new story. It's quite entertaining. I think 10 people share a few accounts. Either that or someone has an extreme case of split personality.

Many many people have slutsumi/skuld's acct info.

just to clear it up, let me guess, you're pazzo?

Why has NCAT become a topic for discussion as of late? it has one active member... myself. Others in the clan have left for a time and others cant access a computer at the moment.

We will be back, i hope.

EDIT: Yes, I think 7 people have my acct info too.

darknessfairy
27-10-03, 11:42
ok so we're all still waiting for it to come back up again.. i think we're all pretty sad seeing as most of this has revovled around us moaning that we cant play on uranus...i mean we do have real lives you know... maybe we should all try them out once in a while...lol (joke btw...dont people start bitching cos i said that)

how and why do they have your account info....surely thats one of the things that is meant to be kept solely to yourself?

QuantumDelta
27-10-03, 11:44
ok so we're all still waiting for it to come back up again.. i think we're all pretty sad seeing as most of this has revovled around us moaning that we cant play on uranus...i mean we do have real lives you know... maybe we should all try them out once in a while...lol (joke btw...dont people start bitching cos i said that) Who art thou btw? I don't recognise that name :p

Juve is Pazzo, yes.
Osty ~ I brought NCAT up I think sorry, dont worry, in terms of myself anyway I don't think of them too badly :p

edit;
Darkness - They are mostly RL Friends, and are a pretty close group, afaik..

juvestar15
27-10-03, 11:47
Originally posted by [SP]Ostrich
Many many people have slutsumi/skuld's acct info.

just to clear it up, let me guess, you're pazzo?

Why has NCAT become a topic for discussion as of late? it has one active member... myself. Others in the clan have left for a time and others cant access a computer at the moment.

We will be back, i hope.

EDIT: Yes, I think 7 people have my acct info too.

Another bullshit story......

Do you not remember in Neofrag just 2 days ago.

Even though the characters in NCAT might be idle, the people playing them isn't. Was it actually you in NF or one of your alter-egos?

[SP]Ostrich
27-10-03, 11:48
Heh, i guessed he was pazzo because he tells me that a lot of the times we meet. Oh well, to be honest i dont care what too many people think of myself, and until i'm told by one of the leaders to stop pking, i wont.

On a side note: if uranus comes up i promise not to pk until 24 hours of uptime. :angel:

EDIT:It was me in NF.
Skuid was there, he will be active soon. skuid = slutsumi mostly.

QuantumDelta
27-10-03, 11:50
LOL @not pking :p

darknessfairy
27-10-03, 11:53
who am i? not very well known, i have only been playign nc for about 3/4 months... and i only play on uranus... the thought of another server scares me lol

juvestar15
27-10-03, 11:53

On a side note: if uranus comes up i promise not to pk until 24 hours of uptime. :angel:

I believe not one person hiding inside you have ever PK'ed me outside NF or an OP battle. Correct me if I'm wrong.

[SP]Ostrich
27-10-03, 11:55
The whole post was not directed at you beleive it or not ^^... come to irc and we can discuss this without spamming the forums.:)

enterthegame #neocron and dm me :)

juvestar15
27-10-03, 11:56
The whole post was not directed at you beleive it or not ^^... come to irc and we can discuss this without spamming the forums.:)

enterthegame #neocron and dm me :)

Discuss what? :lol:

Like i said the story always changes so i'll keep my distance.

[SP]Ostrich
27-10-03, 11:58
The story behind NCAT, normally i cbf telling the whole thing but seeing uranus is down :(

QuantumDelta
27-10-03, 11:58
who am i? not very well known, i have only been playign nc for about 3/4 months... and i only play on uranus... the thought of another server scares me lol
I guessed that you were from uranus from the thread :p

"Not very well known" doesn't make you or anyone else unimportant.
...after all even the big names start somewhere, and the big names wouldn't be big without other names supporting them o_O

darknessfairy
27-10-03, 12:00
lol thankee muchly

ok you all have to promise me that if, while im at work, the server comes up, i want a big w00t on the forum cos im gunna check here first before gettin my hopes up by pressing the big 'N' button ...

oh and please tell if theres been a rollback....cos i have to check some important stuff :/

jernau
27-10-03, 12:33
Yawn.

Saturn has had as many problems as Uranus and more rollbacks since retail. It's also had at least one period of >24 hours downtime I believe.

ericdraven
27-10-03, 12:41
Originally posted by jernau
Saturn has had as many problems as Uranus and more rollbacks since retail. It's also had at least one period of >24 hours downtime I believe.
Wasn't Saturn once down a whole weekend? I remember seeing that server with status "offline" for quite a long time and was thinking "thank god i don't play there"... that was a few months ago..

darknessfairy
27-10-03, 12:54
saturn is now offline as well

keep me updated guys im off to work ill be back in about 8 hours lol....everyone pray for uranus to be up when i get back lol

-DF-

craio
27-10-03, 13:41
Apperently Uranus is back UP.

SorkZmok
27-10-03, 13:43
Uranus is up again.

And there was NO rollback!!!1

happy happy joy joy!

notneo
27-10-03, 14:04
yup i just checked and all my alts seem ok so lets get going and stop whinging!!!!!!!!!!!

Dribble Joy
27-10-03, 14:07
Awwwwww I missed all the fun.... Damn cable being out. Bloody Uni comps are shit as well.
I hope DJ is ok.

‡ Stormlord ‡
27-10-03, 14:24
HA, you see? Uranus is up again and without rollback !

Was it important to whine? NO.

...and now i thank KK for getting back the server and enjoy the game what i ve paid for. Simple ^^

-FN-
27-10-03, 18:15
Pluto had a bustling city of lowbies, mid-levels, and high-level players.

People were asking for BPs of mid level weps, lvl 2 imps, etc...

It was great!

SHUT DOWN URANUS AGAIN :p

MjukisDjur
27-10-03, 18:22
sure, but kick the dude that brought the damn lag :O

naimex
27-10-03, 18:38
Originally posted by SorkZmok
Uranus is up again.

And there was NO rollback!!!1

happy happy joy joy!

thank god.. thank KK... ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty !!

for that information it was worth using my entire evening going to the city (copenhagen) from the army base to get on forum

CRAIG DIGGERS
27-10-03, 19:21
Pew thank you KK for no rollback :p
I dont really think the Judge gets again 5 slots:lol:

nonamebrandeggs
27-10-03, 19:49
MY CHAR IS FUCKING ERASED!

Doc Holliday
27-10-03, 20:07
wow celt i read a bitching thread at qd which i thought was full of malice then u make one at me on this very forum in a diff thread. is that why u come here. to try and really get at someone with the acidity of your forum posts. i thought u were different too. just goes to show eh u can be so wrong about some people.

Darth Slayer
27-10-03, 21:38
:lol: I was one of them Lowbies. i may be back when I again get tired of the BS on Uranus.....:D

greendonkeyuk
27-10-03, 21:59
pluto rocks, ive been there a while, main server is uranus but yeah im jus learning the way of the politics over on pluto. its a lot different ill say that, theres no standing around talking about it, its all draw steel and shoot it out from what ive seen. Still cant really argue. However it was a bit mad seeing some clan mates on uranus over there, hope some guys will stay a while for sure, it is different but in many good ways and well only one bad one (tradeskillers).

However on a plus note id like to say nice one to all the guys who're tryin to get plaza 4 more widely populated, that was cool. Makes a change having stuff somewhere else for once, a scenery change is refreshing.

StrongSad
27-10-03, 22:19
I would like to take this moment in time to thank KK for their hard work. We all doubted you (well maybe not all), but in the end everything seems to working fine!!

GJ!!!

I SALUTE YOU KK!!!

*tear*

Celt
27-10-03, 22:27
Originally posted by Doc Holliday
wow celt i read a bitching thread at qd which i thought was full of malice then u make one at me on this very forum in a diff thread. is that why u come here. to try and really get at someone with the acidity of your forum posts. i thought u were different too. just goes to show eh u can be so wrong about some people.
Indeed, and I thought you werent a whining fanboi who lashed out at anyone who dared question your God KK.

Rieper
27-10-03, 23:07
MY CHAR IS FUCKING ERASED!

Well, its all alright now, right? :D

SirSensi
27-10-03, 23:33
Uranus is up and running and at least ther wasnt a RollBack

Thanks KK

I luv j00

:angel:

Maarten
28-10-03, 00:22
Pluto newbie over here... :D

Thanks again to Lethys, guess he really wanted me to stay. ;)

Marx
28-10-03, 01:04
It was great - I'm glad to see a good number sticking around their pluto chars for awhile.

Gonk
29-10-03, 01:16
is it?

Edit: nevermind i think its back up again.

nonamebrandeggs
Down again.

SpAcEDoUbT
Just been kicked to console myself :(

Prodigious
Whats with Uranus Going DOWN AGAIN

this is bad please tell me theres a valid reason

Kaden
AGAIN, I got booted off of it, and they fooked it up AGAIN.

What, don't they like uranus or something??

nihilist
29-10-03, 01:17
ROFL again its down, this is getting to be funny. I really shoulda rolled a char on Pluto on the weekend when it was down.

AND I WAS HAVING SO MUCH FUN HARASSING PEOPLE IN PLAZA 1 OMG NO FAIR

Oath
29-10-03, 01:17
Down again.

Indeed,

twice in one day,

3 times in one week.

nonamebrandeggs
29-10-03, 01:18
Back up.

Prodigious
i knewi shudnt have started a thread lol, i better reply lots of times so i dont have 0 replys in the thread

SpAcEDoUbT
Even funnier thing is all 3 of my chars have gone now its back up o_0

Oath
29-10-03, 01:19
Back up.

ONOZ, ITS THE MILLENIUM BUG 2 YEARS LATE OMZO!!!!!1111111ONEONEONEONE

SirSensi
its down again :(

3 time ins one week...:mad:
twice in one day :lol: :mad: :lol:

damn it

:(

//edit: was posting while you posted nonamebrandeggs
hopefully everything is okay

:angel:

Zanathos
WHY THE HELL ARE ALL MY CHARACTERS GONE ON URANUS!!!!!!!

What the f**k is going on!?!?!?

Shadow Dancer
29-10-03, 01:20
What the hell is wrong with Uranus?

Kaden
29-10-03, 01:21
FFS, this server is REALLY fooked up atm

Oath
29-10-03, 01:21
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
What the hell is wrong with Uranus?

Piles i think.

*ph33r*
29-10-03, 01:23
Uranus? :lol: Down Again? :lol:

Allow me...

ROFLMFAO

greendonkeyuk
29-10-03, 01:23
heres the thread i was lookin for. is it back up now?

greendonkeyuk
29-10-03, 01:24
replyin to your own thread gets you banned prod. il reply here for you, apparently its back up again.

CRAIG DIGGERS
29-10-03, 01:26
Uranus works ^.^

[ x ] sex

Gonk
29-10-03, 01:30
uranus is getting really messy...

*ph33r*
29-10-03, 01:33
Originally posted by Gonk
uranus is getting really messy...

Gonk

Hi

Gonk
29-10-03, 01:34
HI PULSE

Vid Gamer
29-10-03, 01:35
Move to Pluto! :D

Nara
29-10-03, 01:37
I lost 2 chars.

KidWithStick
29-10-03, 01:39
does anyone know how i can check if my char was delted on uranus too? since my account is expired i cant log in him...plus if you wait to long isnt it impossible to role your char back?

Keiron
29-10-03, 01:40
Database seems to have taken a dump. =SSC= went from 200'ish members to 1 o.0 *waves goodbye to todays high slot tl-95 spell*

Vid Gamer
29-10-03, 01:41
Originally posted by KidWithStick
does anyone know how i can check if my char was delted on uranus too? since my account is expired i cant log in him...plus if you wait to long isnt it impossible to role your char back?

I don't think you can check if your account is expired.

I'm sure the Devs will fix it since it has happened to a lot of people.