PDA

View Full Version : How to fix all of Neocron's Problem's in one easy step..

Q`alooaith
29-10-03, 00:07
Well lot's of complaint's about how it's all monk'o cron this, overpowered that..

So I had a thought, and it's not a new one..

Remove, the Skill Psi..

So all the point's that normal are for psi level's go into Intelligence.. this mean's you loss all the silly spell's and all there overpowered effect's..

Look at the APU, it's not a bad class in theory, doe's made damage can't take many hit's... great ballencer, either kill or be killed, all or nothing in a short time..

Now PPU, ok theory, support class with no offencive cabablity (shutup now it's the threoy not what is) and lot'#s of support powers.. Won't do much damage, but won't take much fully buffed.. great..

Now here's the problem... we don't act as single entity's, PPU's and APU's are drawn to each other to fill the void in their power's, this would be ok if they'd been ballenced for this, but they where ballenced solo's..

So the fix I suggest is to remove the Psi power's from the game, and move all the point's that would be in psi into int, yea terible cry's I hear them now monk's screaming about being turned into int 200 brain's with no attack power and such..

I think NC would be a whole lot better without Psi. or maybe minor psi, but as it is right now it's too much..

Cryotchekk
29-10-03, 00:10
err i do hate you and would like to beat you to a bloody pulp, but i dont have a monk. wich do i click? (also pls note no dead animal sex option)

KidWithStick
29-10-03, 00:11
uhhh..

wtf?

what would be the point of a monk...and you know you would bicth your ass off if all of a sudden there was no more PPU's to help you hunt/level/OP fight with....

Q`alooaith
29-10-03, 00:18
Originally posted by KidWithStick
uhhh..

wtf?

what would be the point of a monk...and you know you would bicth your ass off if all of a sudden there was no more PPU's to help you hunt/level/OP fight with....

No, I level solo... I don't use psi spell's since I've got no psi level's yet, so solo, and it's fun, little harder than with a heal going, but more like neocron should be..

And the point on the monk would be it'd be the only class able to reach a nat of 200 int....

gostly
29-10-03, 00:21
bring back hybrids...make them the only possible way to be a monk...and balance them in with the other classes...problem solved

Mumblyfish
29-10-03, 00:22
I'd love to see how nonsensical the NEMA release for that patch would be.

HEADLINE: "ALL MONKS IN NEOCRON LOSE THE ABILITY TO USE PSIONIC POWERS OVERNIGHT! ALSO, THEIR HEADS INFLATE TO DOUBLE THEIR ORIGINAL SIZE! CITYADMIN SUGGESTS WIDENING ALL DOORS TO MINIMISE DISRUPTION!"

Shujin
29-10-03, 00:23
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
I'd love to see how nonsensical the NEMA release for that patch would be.

HEADLINE: "ALL MONKS IN NEOCRON LOSE THE ABILITY TO USE PSIONIC POWERS OVERNIGHT! ALSO, THEIR HEADS INFLATE TO DOUBLE THEIR ORIGINAL SIZE! CITYADMIN SUGGESTS WIDENING ALL DOORS TO MINIMISE DISRUPTION!" hahahaa or cutting out area around the top so the head can get in and out

Disturbed021
29-10-03, 00:26
HUH!?
Me just totally confusedo_O
Ur saying to remove PSI and Give monks 200 Int?
What is the point again?

Q`alooaith
29-10-03, 00:29
there's a very good point to it, but I'm not telling you... :p

Yea point would be monk's could become the support class so many are claming they are, they could barter and ress for all the proper Neocron player's...

anyway, yea ballencing needed, the idea is just one extream and dead easy to do too..

Shadow Dancer
29-10-03, 00:36
APU isn't drawn to ppu, and vice versa. People think that just because their opposite they need each other. You couldn't be more wrong. I play just fine without a PPU. I do not need one, in anyway. And PPU can play fine with ANYONE, not just apu.

Q`alooaith
29-10-03, 00:41
I know arcy's or you calling yourself shadow now...

hmmm, SD, yea that's better..

SD, yes APU's do well on there own and so do PPU's, but player's who want to be powerfull and go on skilling spree's tend to pick APU/PPU combo's because they are so powerfull together...

as I say, APU's not the problem... (cept maybe a bit too powerfull)

PPU's not a big problem, (little too powerfull)..

But when these too polar oposite's team up you get problem's...

I think maybe have PPU spell's short out APU spell's or somthing, and vice versa.. then youcan't get the mega team's..

Shadow Dancer
29-10-03, 00:42
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
I know arcy's or you calling yourself shadow now...

hmmm, SD, yea that's better..

SD, yes APU's do well on there own and so do PPU's, but player's who want to be powerfull and go on skilling spree's tend to pick APU/PPU combo's because they are so powerfull together...

as I say, APU's not the problem... (cept maybe a bit too powerfull)

PPU's not a big problem, (little too powerfull)..

But when these too polar oposite's team up you get problem's...

I think maybe have PPU spell's short out APU spell's or somthing, and vice versa.. then youcan't get the mega team's..

apu/ppu team is overrated. Look at the carnage megaman and psycho killa did.

The only problem I see with apu/ppu is that the apu has the same defense as a tank IMO when buffed by a PPU. I think kramer's idea about making healing based on CON is a good idea. That way the tank/ppu team can have their own unique advantage.

ghandisfury
29-10-03, 01:49
Originally posted by gostly
bring back hybrids...make them the only possible way to be a monk...and balance them in with the other classes...problem solved

Not possible to "balance" hybrids. How about we work something else out instead?

Shakari
29-10-03, 03:39
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
APU isn't drawn to ppu, and vice versa. People think that just because their opposite they need each other. You couldn't be more wrong. I play just fine without a PPU. I do not need one, in anyway. And PPU can play fine with ANYONE, not just apu.

Errr cough my ppu can actualyy kill any mob in the game with a little patience atm doom harbringers are my flavour of the month :)

5 slot assault rifle + soul cluster = dead 120/120 mob hehe

back on topic no PSI hmm lemmie see, er just for monks or all chars, cos it would wreck tanks spies and most especially PE's

200 INT hmm how many centuries would that take to get, and how the hell could they hunt?? would also make spies pointless

Shakari
29-10-03, 03:41
Originally posted by ghandisfury
Not possible to "balance" hybrids. How about we work something else out instead?

yes it is possible, but a few narrow minded ppl saw only the 3 or 4 UBER hybrids and got a nerf for all