They ... really ... released ... it :eek:

I'll be having a small semi NC break from now on

-FN-
28-10-03, 23:31
Diablo v1.10 == DoY

They have the same Announce to Release date ratio :p

Whitestuff
28-10-03, 23:43
Wow. I know a few chaps who will right happy about that.

Mumblyfish
28-10-03, 23:45
Awwww nutbaskets. Now I've got to buy Diablo and it's expansion.

I'm such a tool.

Disturbed021
29-10-03, 00:32
Hmmm I wonder if my characters are still on there....its been several months but I wouldn't mind slashin some shite with my ww barb again...*looks for D2 cds*

Knar
29-10-03, 00:42
There were rumours about '1.10 getting released VERY soon' more than 2 years ago

stfu about doy taking ages :p

KimmyG
29-10-03, 01:11
lame time to reinstall and see if some of my shit is gone :(

ghandisfury
29-10-03, 01:15
Diablo is a hackers dream......and a "honest" players nightmare. I loved it when I was playing in lan parties, but DEFINATELY not online.

KimmyG
29-10-03, 01:17
Originally posted by ghandisfury
Diablo is a hackers dream......and a "honest" players nightmare. I loved it when I was playing in lan parties, but DEFINATELY not online.

HAAHHA true I wanna see the fall out from rust storm when I left I would say 70% of the items flying around trades where duped.

VictorKruger
29-10-03, 01:22
/me dusts off my copy of D2: LOD, makes a few phone calls to old D2 buddies...

well it's back to the ole hack and slash :D

CRAIG DIGGERS
29-10-03, 02:25
Hm really ?
Checking for CD's tomorrow cu soon

The best account d2 ever had was mine :

8========O

hehe:p

/Diggers

3 times lvl 99 javazon R.I.P. for ladder in Euro-Realm hardcore.
And many more chars of course:)

Shujin
29-10-03, 03:10
are they doin a char swipe or opening a new realm? that way no way people are cheating?

KimmyG
29-10-03, 05:43
Originally posted by Shujin
are they doin a char swipe or opening a new realm? that way no way people are cheating?

Last I heard its a total dupped item clearance everywhere

Glyc
29-10-03, 05:51
there's also the "ladder" change. where only new chars can enter ladder games. and they do seasonal wipes. so no helping out ur new char :)

oh and stuff is meant to be harder and the run bosses dont drop as much stuff. ie cows/meph/actVwp1. so people should spread out over the acts.

sounds like a bigger time sink to me :p

Owain
29-10-03, 06:27
Close this leaving thread. :p

Shujin
29-10-03, 06:34
Originally posted by KimmyG
Last I heard its a total dupped item clearance everywhere yea but they should do a char clean out to, bcuz alot of ppl leveled as high as they could w/ exploited items

VictorKruger
29-10-03, 07:08
yea but they should do a char clean out to, bcuz alot of ppl leveled as high as they could w/ exploited items

but regular character cannot interact with ladder and hardcore characters, and then when the season is over the old ladder charcters are changed into regular character and you have to start up a new ladder character.

Plus there are new items that only ladder/hardcore characters can get.

Shujin
29-10-03, 07:13
Originally posted by VictorKruger
but regular character cannot interact with ladder and hardcore characters, and then when the season is over the old ladder charcters are changed into regular character and you have to start up a new ladder character.

Plus there are new items that only ladder/hardcore characters can get. im not talkin anythin about ladder chars, im talkin about normal playin chars, they should do a wipe. all the people w/o exploited items wouldnt mind because the fact that they didnt have exploited shit, they will be happy they can safely trade and not worry if somethings legit or not

8ball(saturn)
29-10-03, 08:08
llol i remember hunting with people and waitnig until they got into a jam and killled them in a couple hits and stole their ring/ weapons and left.. lol

i was also a good bounty hunter too until i stopped playing :D

Maarten
29-10-03, 11:21
What is so special about v1.1 that everybody is searching for his Diablo II discs again?

Lanigav
29-10-03, 13:22
Huge amount of balance changes and bug fixes, skills have been completely reworked (and now give bonuses to other skills), a whole lot more unique elites, set items given extra bonuses, monster damage and HP increased (especially in Hell, its ridiculous now), amongst other things.

You can check out the complete patchnotes at www.diabloii.net

I'm disappointed that the Druids are still "meh", Sorceresses feel very nerfed thanks to uber monster magic resist, Valkeries didn't get the damage boost I was hoping for, poison is still weak as hell, and Necros still horribly suck outside of using corpse explosion all day. The rest is awesome.

ezza
29-10-03, 13:25
lol went to check it out and found cos i hadnt logged in for a few months my characters where deleted. oh well:(

CRAIG DIGGERS
29-10-03, 13:38
Originally posted by Lanigav
I'm disappointed that the Druids are still "meh", Sorceresses feel very nerfed thanks to uber monster magic resist, Valkeries didn't get the damage boost I was hoping for, poison is still weak as hell, and Necros still horribly suck outside of using corpse explosion all day. The rest is awesome.

Druid was never "meh" only to the physical immunes of course.
Used a cruel thundermaul with 733 damage ^.^
Necro skill is CE and AMP, you dont need more then that. OK the full trang ouls is great :) I have 30 skelletons 29 mages and 38 revives on my nec ^^ lvl 36 CE and 36 AMP and a nice fast cast rate from wizards . Using a thorns merc lvl 90 aswell . ( nice with conviction from assa / pala lol ) Baals minions dont make one step cuz the room is filled up with the army :p

D2 is like in all other games. I remember a patch note. We made the sorc weaker. Fire wall was lowered from 6k a second to 5,4k :lol:
I remember some chars here has the same problem:p

RuButt
29-10-03, 17:55
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo2/wallpapers/hellfrozenover/HellFrozenOver-text-640x.jpg

KimmyG
29-10-03, 20:30
yea but they should do a char clean out to, bcuz alot of ppl leveled as high as they could w/ exploited items

I would rate that as highly unfair seeing as alot of people will have dupped items that they wont know about.

KramerTheWeird
29-10-03, 20:47
Blizzard has been working harder to prevent cheats and also provide cheat free enviroments.

One thing they did was create a world event, which spawns a Diablo in an area that is very tough, and as the reward you recieve a unique charm. This charm: +1 To All Skills, +10-20 To All Attributes, All Resistances +10-20, +5-10% To Experience Gained. How do you get diablo to spawn? Selling 100 soj's to an npc hehe.

The ladder system, starts new with new characters. Basically any character created for ladder can't join any non ladder game, and no other character can join a ladder game. This means that all ladder characters start from scratch, without a market flooded with dupes and hacks, as well as prevent already levelled players from training a noob or giving them items. There are also 29 new uniques that can only spawn in ladder games (61 new uniques outside of ladder, too). After ladder ends, all the characters in it are booted out into regular realm games, and a new ladder begins with a completely wiped market and player base.

The leeching problems have been solved by systems like if your character is more than 2 screens away it won't recieve xp, and also certain areas town portals are impossible to enter from unless you've completed a quest to get to that area (say for durance of hate, you have to kill the council in order to enter a tp to that place)

The game is generally harder and encourages team play, too. Mundane cow missions are discouraged by less xp, and more unique bosses show up throughout the map in different acts as well as more varied monsters, in an attempt to give players more areas to level in than just cow/bloody runs. I am not too sure but from reading the patch notes, it seems super uniques respawn automatically after you distance yourself away from their area, which can provide for some more options to do super unique runs.

Nixon
29-10-03, 23:17
Originally posted by VictorKruger
/me dusts off my copy of D2: LOD, makes a few phone calls to old D2 buddies...

well it's back to the ole hack and slash :D

I'll do the exact same thing tomorrow :D

Shujin
29-10-03, 23:22
heh welp me and my friend both got out our D2 cds but our lod cds dotn got cases ;/ i lost mine and he oviously did to, so no cd key for lod, so we are gonna goto walmart and buy lod >.< shouldnt b to much, and dont really matter we both got jobs to pay for it

anyway, what server u guys gonna play on?
im on USEAST