PDA

View Full Version : Bike stuck - should it go back to depot by itself?

Andronicus
28-10-03, 16:51
Got my bike stuck in a place i can't get it out of - i know that when this happened before it automatically warped back to the garage - but i have been waiting a while and it hasn't happened yet this time - does this still happen?

superfresh
28-10-03, 16:59
I think so. Its something like 2 full NC days for a vehicle to return to depot.

Ikon
28-10-03, 17:00
It will go back to the depot after a while. I'm not sure on the timer but I do know it's too long. Honestly I wish there was a better system for handling the vehicles, maybe an option when you right click on it to send it back to the depot instead of having to hide it and hope nobody is nice enough to come by and destroy it. If KK want people to use vehicles more, then they need to make them so they aren't so easy to lose.

Ransom
28-10-03, 17:58
The time limit thing should work, however it is good to remember that the zone has to be active i.e. that there is a player in the same zone, so if you've lost your vehicle in say the top left of the map, you may have a while to wait.

Ransom

greendonkeyuk
28-10-03, 18:03
its about an hour real time that it respawns.

Richard Blade
28-10-03, 18:11
Once you get out of it, it has three minutes before it can't be blown up by other players.

( I did a search, but couldn't find the exact time limit.)

I've seen my vehicles return after an hour in that zone. I've also had them stay for a very long time while I was logged out, to have them derez and go back to the depot within an hour of logging back in. It could just be circumstances, the zone I usually leave them in isn't always populated.

28-10-03, 18:30
A dismiss command in the field would be the best way to go - otherwise the reverse happens and you go back to your vehicle after spending some time out in the middle of nowhere to find you have a long walk back (i.e. vehicle has auto-stored)

The dismiss command should only be usable once the 'vehicle attack timer' has elapsed (or people would just dismiss vehicles to stop them being destroyed)

Radamez
28-10-03, 18:38
it's usually best to go get it if u can.. especially in an even mildly populated area ... most people on Saturn think it's funny to blow up (or at least, blow the piss out of) abandoned vehicles... not me of course :lol: