PDA

View Full Version : TL3 HEAL, Oppinions

Syntax-Error
28-10-03, 13:20
Now i admit that i use TL3 heal to kill PPUs, but then again i also say they bring it on themselves

several case's that will make me continue to do so.

1) a clan raid TH. they have the usual setup. tank PE. PPU. PPU. APU. well. we kill them all after a while except one of the PPUs who decided to run around us all saying things like "You lot having fun then" and such. taking the piss that we couldnt kill him. so out comes my TL3.. i missed cos he cast just at same time. and beat me. and i got "TL3 lame" from him. so later on i manage to hit him with TL3 and we take him down.

2) i GR to CRP to level. i cant use any guns. and i have no chest (armour fell off and i need drugs to get it on) Well this PPU and his LEd mate run up and the PPU para spams Dmg boosts then starts spamming me with holy para shock. doing 20 dmg to me.. buffed o_O , anyhow he get a nice shock when my PE becomes usable and i take him to 1/3 hp before he runs off. then they come back. and begin to fight me again . the PPU spamming me with everything the LE trying to use himself to block my shots and get in my way. Well. they kill the low level runner im with at the time, and then because my heal wouldnt cast fast enough they get me. at which point i was WTF PPU kill me... WTF

So.. there you have it. two of MANY reasons whileever PPUs are as they are now. ill use TL3 to take them down.

Dostan'Ilindith
28-10-03, 13:32
shit..i meant to post it shoudlnt be allwed

i reckon even when you have healing on you..you should be able to cast yours, and increase it with your own

Sefran
28-10-03, 13:34
Im not a ppu , but i can imagine how frustarting it can be that a noob tl3 heals u etc. But since ppu are so strong i vote yes, it should be allowed.

CRAIG DIGGERS
28-10-03, 13:34
Yes whats the problem with ?

[ x ] Im a PPU i think it should be allowed

[ x ] sex

-FN-
28-10-03, 13:42
If the TL Heal cast on a person is greater than the TL Heal currently on the person, it overrides it. That's just the way it should be.

CRAIG DIGGERS
28-10-03, 13:45
Originally posted by -FN-
If the TL Heal cast on a person is greater than the TL Heal currently on the person, it overrides it. That's just the way it should be.

This was not one of the options ?
Do not give KK new ideas for patch we really dont need more bugs ^.^

Original monk
28-10-03, 13:51
i been tl 3'd many times in my life :P and it aint that bad, much worser is a lowlevel shelter or deflector :/ (then ya can go nagging to a apu to antibuff you :P)

The tl3 heal gets compensated by the holy heal sanctum so no problems there, but as soon as they nerf the PPU then i think it should be considerd an exploit :), now this is the only way of killing a decent PPU so as soon as the ppu is nerfed they should make em overridable :)

to switzerland: yeah if they dont make it to bugged ffcourse

[x] sex

Zu (Pluto)
28-10-03, 17:08
Originally posted by Syntax-Error

...then they come back. and begin to fight me again . the PPU spamming me with everything the LE trying to use himself to block my shots and get in my way...

I've got far more problem with this bit about the LE than about whether TL3 should count as a legal weapon against PPUs or not. This is just (a) lame, (b) pathetic, (c) lame and (d) just plain wrong.

Zu

Furion
28-10-03, 17:35
Originally posted by Original monk
i been tl 3'd many times in my life :P and it aint that bad, much worser is a lowlevel shelter or deflector :/ (then ya can go nagging to a apu to antibuff you :P)

same. as a ppu i have no problem with tl 3 heal, because it is possible to survive it (not too hard actually), but if an APU antibuff u, which in itself is a challenge, and then a PE casts his shelter or deflector on u, ur dead.

Genty
28-10-03, 17:43
It's a good way to kill PPU's, not gonna argue with it, i don't see why people should'nt be allowed to use it, not gonna take down a ppu otherwise if they have a cath sanct

Judge
28-10-03, 17:44
TL 3 ing isn't right..... but then again neither is Parashock. So as long as Parashock is in I have no problems with TL3ing someone else or someone else being TL3'd.

Also if the PPU is acting like a complete unkillable cock then definitely use it. Serves him right.

Darkborg
28-10-03, 19:11
im a ppu and i think its totally ok. one of the only ways to take down a ppu without a few apus debuffing. ( especially if the ppu has cath sanct).

Syntax-Error
28-10-03, 20:00
Ye i tent to see if i can kill them before without TL3 but when this happens :

http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/5/shot0000.JPG

Everyone alive there is our defence all shooting the PPU for a good 5 mins before i managed to TL3 heal. then he died.

But the thing is.. that many people should be able to kill a PPU with or without a APU.. (we didnt have a single APU something were lacking right now is a APU with anti-buff)

but it was the comment that you see there that pissed off.

Cyphor
28-10-03, 20:03
Originally posted by Judge
TL 3 ing isn't right..... but then again neither is Parashock. So as long as Parashock is in I have no problems with TL3ing someone else or someone else being TL3'd.

Also if the PPU is acting like a complete unkillable cock then definitely use it. Serves him right.

il agree with that, in the situation above the ppu para'd you to death that shouldnt be possible, so untill kk fix ppus abilities theres nothing wrong with tl 3 healing them

Shadow Dancer
28-10-03, 20:06
Originally posted by Judge

My thoughts exactly. Usually I don't recommend TL 3 heal. But those jackasses that run around typing "rolflofloflofol KEKEKEKE LA LMAO ROFLOF I LAUGH@U" because they think it takes skills to stay alive, deserve TL 3 heal.

Candaman
28-10-03, 20:13
As a ppu i think tl3 heal is a cunning tactic and don't have a prob with it i even encourage people i'm fighting with to do it.

BUT......

When a clan (no names) spends all of a op fite with two pe's or even ppu's (as i've seen recently) noob buffing the ppu's the whole fight its becomes pretty shitty

Shadow Dancer
28-10-03, 20:18
Originally posted by Candaman
As a ppu i think tl3 heal is a cunning tactic and don't have a prob with it i even encourage people i'm fighting with to do it.

BUT......

When a clan (no names) spends all of a op fite with two pe's or even ppu's (as i've seen recently) noob buffing the ppu's the whole fight its becomes pretty shitty

How about when a clan (no names) with 5 million PPUs makes 1-2 ppus dedicated to spamming everyone with paralyze the whole fight? That's shitty too.

:angel:

Anna
28-10-03, 20:50
as long as you arent able to overcast them with holy, low lvl shields and heal are exploits :rolleyes:

dem0n
28-10-03, 21:02
[ X ] Oh yes allow it

If the TL Heal cast on a person is greater than the TL Heal currently on the person, it overrides it. That's just the way it should be

True true...

SYNTAX... I WANT YOUR RPOS.INI!!!!!

Syntax-Error
28-10-03, 21:10
i m taking that as RPOScolor.ini :P

its the offical FA Rpos :P

Default=41 129 154 220
DefaultText=45 189 230 255
DefaultTextEffect=255 255 255 255
SysMessages=255 160 160 160
GameMessages=178 178 178 160
LocalChat=255 255 255 255
GlobalChat=255 255 255 255
TeamChat=45 120 190 255
DirectChat=175 105 63 255
ClanChat=45 189 230 255
Player=45 189 230 160
PlayerNoPK=0 200 0 160
CharSysWarning=255 255 160 160
CharSysBonus=110 255 110 160
CharSysCritical=255 160 160 160
ContextActive=45 189 230 255
ContextNoActive=0 0 0 255
ContextDisabled=128 128 128 255
HighlightText=0 0 0 255
HighlightBackground=45 189 230 255
Item=41 129 154 255
ItemDisabled=128 128 128 240
ItemNotUsable=0 0 64 255
GoodSoullight=45 189 230 255
NeutralSoullight=200 200 150 255
BadSoullight=200 80 60 255
Damage=225 50 35 255
Heal=235 235 20 255

petek480
28-10-03, 21:13
I used to think it was fine and didn't care if people cast it on me, but then recently a certain TG clan on pluto has started to cast tl 3 heal on teamates that i'm ppuing for and also holy anti buffing them then trying to get a shelter on them. Now this cetain TG clan have been whining on the forums about how they use it to kill ppus becuase they suck so much and don't know any otehr way to do it. Thats fine, but now there doing it to everyone not only the ppu which i think is taking it a little to far and something needs to be done about it.

dem0n
28-10-03, 23:24
hun, ***** post raiting for putting up the topic, and another ***** for giving meh teh colorscheme *smooch* :p.

Syntax-Error
28-10-03, 23:29
hehe. well i just felt it was time to make it known.. and even i was supprised by the poll.

QuantumDelta
28-10-03, 23:48
As a PE, and as a PPU I find TL 3 HEAL OKAY
HOWEVER
TL 25 Shelter and TL 3 Deflector I DO NOT Find Fine.

Scikar
29-10-03, 01:24
If it wasn't for the 100 million ex-hybrids who lommed to PPU and love to spend all day in Pepper talking shit to everyone they meet because they can't kill them, I might feel guilty about TL3 healing.

I do TL3 heal PPUs, and I also buff certain PPUs with drone combat, basic resist, shelter and deflector, but that's reserved only for those who really piss me off/do the same thing to me.

ichinin
29-10-03, 14:22
Since i've heard that PPU's can outheal anything in the game, i think it should be allowed untill the other classes get a boost.

SovKhan
29-10-03, 17:37
Originally posted by ichinin
Since i've heard that PPU's can outheal anything in the game, i think it should be allowed untill the other classes get a boost.

always go on what you hear because everyone tells the truth.

Anyway I do recall a recent fight with a certain TG clan when I was completely surrounded by them after everyone was dead, there was at least 20 people, that had encompassed me in a circle, and I got tl3 healed before I died, now they were damaging me plenty but they felt it necessary to tl3 heal me before I died which I thought was pretty lame. the heals, shelters, deflecters make it horrible to fight that clan.

der Ed
29-10-03, 17:56
The whole PPU thing is just plain bullshit like it is now.

It's too fucked up, and working on the tl3 heal won't fix a thing.

Of course, it sucks not to be able to "overcast" a lower spell, and its plain senseless. It's also plain senseless that I have to wait for my spells to time out, and I can't simply recasts/ reset maxlength of my buffs (like Pistol 1) before I engage a mob - I have to wait for them to time out and recast to be save, or risk loosing them in the fight.

Improving those things would be a good thing of course and would make many players happy, but right now, increasing the PPUs power would be ridiculous. This is a problem that needs a more holistic approach.

I did not vote here.

Spy<VS>Spy
29-10-03, 17:56
I have mentioned this before but i'll blurp it again like an old broken record. The PPU is a support class, he is designed to take exsessive damage to stay in the fight and keep his team mates alive. If he fails in his goals, if his team he was supporting DIES then he too, shall fall to the same fate.

It is bullshit that you need anouther monk to kill a monk. i dont need anouther tank to kill a tank, another spy to kill a spy..fuck those ass holes up, baby heals, shields...friggin hit them with a nail gun to knock them back 5 feet so their spells cancel and fizzle out.

in order to cancel the heal ONE guy 'usually a spy or PE' has stopped shooting and is casting spells. if the monks support was STILL up like they should be he or she could easily kill that charactor.

its bullshit those shields reduce player weapons, the most powerful mediums in the game to such shitty effectiveness...

now am i saying 1 guy should be able to kill a ppu monk? no, am i saying two guys should be able to kill the ppu monk? no...but i think at about 3 to at MOST 4 guys, plowing his ass with their best guns, speed guns, pain easers liberators...whatever...should WAY outdamage that monks heal.

its that simple.

Syntax-Error
29-10-03, 20:36
That or

remove PPU Dmg ALLLLLL PPU dmg. make the level from there buffs more. and make them get more XP from a team. remove there ability to kill ANYTHING

also add a nice time limit like planetside before ure automatically GRed to ure app when u die.

This done. u can just ignore the PPU. sure he can try and ress them. but they will only die again . sure he can DMG boost/para

but sort out para. and who cares his teammates are dead and soon will be gone (120 seconds? or more? )

2ply
29-10-03, 20:44
Okay. Tl3 healing is kinda lame AS IT IS NOW. IF a higher tl heal is casted, then it should over ride it. If that's in, I have no problem being tl3'd at all. But when they start using newbie buffs on you, then that's just utterly lame.

btw, that's me in the pic, I only started being cocky after some newbie gave me a low lvl def and a pe tried to give me a low lvl shelt :S

Syntax-Error
29-10-03, 20:58
lol WHAT

the only one there who uses TL3 heal is me

Zane never uses it (tho other PE in PA)

the spy thonkus wouldnt use it

i dont think the PPU would use it :/

and im pretty fucking sure the APU didnt.

SO dont BS. i cast TL3 just after u sed that, and NO one sheltered u.

Scikar
29-10-03, 21:01
Originally posted by 2ply
Okay. Tl3 healing is kinda lame AS IT IS NOW. IF a higher tl heal is casted, then it should over ride it. If that's in, I have no problem being tl3'd at all. But when they start using newbie buffs on you, then that's just utterly lame.

btw, that's me in the pic, I only started being cocky after some newbie gave me a low lvl def and a pe tried to give me a low lvl shelt :S

I think it's lame that a certain TT clan attacked newbies from TechSyn, a NExT clan, in OZ station. So every clan does lame stuff, what's your point?

2ply
29-10-03, 22:06
Okay. Let's not turn this into a bitch-fest...

For one, I never said it was anyone else but you to tl3 healed me, because it was you. Like I said, I have no problem being tl3 healed, but when I start getting newbie buffs thrown on me, thats a different story.

And, maybe it wasn't you buffing me, but I know I seen a low lvl buff thrown on me, because I was casting my buffs when I had someone elses buffs thrown on me BEFORE mine were casted.

Syntax-Error
29-10-03, 22:10
Well it wasnt one of us. so it must have been a bugged runner. (happens in TH alot, invis players ect)