PDA

View Full Version : Rifle Tank here. Need help

Benjie
28-10-03, 01:21
* Is 150 RC and 120 WEP enough to use a Pain Easer? Even if a little gimped.
* Is the above enough to use the Terminator?
* Also is 50 Agility enough for a Paw Of Bear with about 150 Melee Skill?
* If not how much would you say "minimum". I don't have a lot to work with here. ^^

Thanks.
*hands out free cookies to all* :)

BlackDove
28-10-03, 01:23
Tanks aren't worth the rifles. Thought I'd say it before anyone else does.

greendonkeyuk
28-10-03, 01:24
dex 93 rc 111 is the REQUIREMENTS for pain easer, though 150 rc would be pretty good. However i wouldnt go for 50 agi, 60 at least imo, youd obviously over spec the con points im assuming.....

@ black dove - this is benji, he does things that most people wouldnt dare dream about.

Benjie
28-10-03, 01:24
Originally posted by BlackDove
Tanks aren't worth the rifles. Thought I'd say it before anyone else does.
Beleive me you are not the first. Stop trying to condemn me for doing somthing different.

Benjie
28-10-03, 01:25
Originally posted by greendonkeyuk
dex 93 rc 111 is the REQUIREMENTS for pain easer, though 150 rc would be pretty good. However i wouldnt go for 50 agi, 60 at least imo, youd obviously over spec the con points im assuming.....

@ black dove - this is benji, he does things that most people wouldnt dare dream about.

For 60 agility i'd need to sacrifice rifle class. =/

btw lol. :rolleyes:

BlackDove
28-10-03, 01:26
Who's condemning, just stating facts.

Marx
28-10-03, 01:26
You'd have a gimpy RoF for your paw of bear and PE, semi-decent aiming though..

greendonkeyuk
28-10-03, 01:27
it depends on your final set up, and yes i agree you would lose an extra.... 2 rifle class, thats all. You can use rc1 buff of course, or have you factored that into the equasion already?

Benjie
28-10-03, 01:29
btw this setup also gives me +13 int alowing me to use a light fire protection belt along with 100 con skill points and Inqusition 4. Spy heaven for fire mobs. :rolleyes:

EDIT no i havn't factored for rifle boost 1. Hmmm. Ok ill sacrifice a few rifle points i guess. sucks a bit tho.

Scrap that I will final with about 220 Melee and 50 agility. I can't afford more than 50 but the melee should compinsate somewhat.

Marx
28-10-03, 01:33
Its great you'll have uber fire setup.

because you'll be taking alot of hits while waiting for the monster to die.

:lol:

Benjie
28-10-03, 01:35
I'm not really doing this to be totally uber. Melee owns PvM anyway and 220 melee is more that enuff imo with 50 agl.

greendonkeyuk
28-10-03, 01:39
question benjie

do you intend to pvp with this? what are you going to do when you pull your pe out and you slow down because of it. Tanks with cs's are prolly gonna move faster than you. Are you aware of that? I see where youre goin with this and i say credit to you for it, its certainly different.

\\Fényx//
28-10-03, 01:47
ehhhh

me and Ren started Rifle tanks on pluto a few months back, I got to capping DEX and using a pain easer, same stats as you infact :o but tbh it does suck..... theres a reason spies dont use a pain easer, its a shite gun compared to the other rifles out there..... Go with lib tank, if you have a godlike aim, or else they sucks aswell o_O

Benjie
28-10-03, 01:58
Here is my setup (for all you noobies)

STATS
30 INTELEGENCE
91 DEXTERITY
105 CONSTITUTION
99 STRENGTH
10 PSI POWER

SKILLZ
210 MELEE COMBAT
79 AGILITY
145 PISTOL COMBAT
110 WEAPON LORE
(plus other random skillz)
(no way am I letting out my con setup ^^)

GEAR
LIBERATOR
PAW OF BEAR

EXPERIMENTAL BALISTICS WEAPON CHIP 3
MOTORIC 3
MC5 SA
SPECIAL FORCES CPU
REFLEX BOOSTER 4
PISTOL COMBAT EYE 3
EXPERIMENTAL FOOT
BAT QUEEN ARM
EXPERIMENTAL HEART 2 (preference)
misc armour & implants

[edit] made it better

Marx
28-10-03, 02:03
not a bad setup.

bound to have fun.

Benjie
28-10-03, 02:31
Originally posted by greendonkeyuk
question benjie

do you intend to pvp with this? what are you going to do when you pull your pe out and you slow down because of it. Tanks with cs's are prolly gonna move faster than you. Are you aware of that? I see where youre goin with this and i say credit to you for it, its certainly different.

Yes I'm going to use it for both PvP and PvM. My athletics will be reletivly high aswell. Around 75. I will cap run speed anyway.
I guess it's not _that_ different anymore now i'm going pistols instead though.

Hey peeps stopped repling coz my setup ownz and they can't flame me anymore. :rolleyes: (jk) :D

Marx
28-10-03, 02:44
they're too busy oogling at katrin.

\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

Maximilian
28-10-03, 10:43
Great setup man! Feels very fresh.

All the people that bitches about "it is never gonna work" bla bla bla. Its a **** game for christs sake.

I am proud of anyone that is not cookie cutter.

/ Maxie

Peeping Tom
28-10-03, 11:50
guess you gonna use melee pa ?
btw some one i knew dat was pistol tank lomed to rifles once ( before the cahnge of run speed so he ahd all dex inn rc ) he lomed fast back to lib again, he just couldt get a good\fast enuf aim for PE
K4F

Oath
28-10-03, 12:14
libby tanks are more fun

REMUS
28-10-03, 12:29
I hate to say this Benj rifle and pistol tanks been done ALOT of times before, hell ive even seen tanks with a rogs and judges!

is it worth it pvm: no becuase melee is far superior on its own
is it worth it pvp: no becuase plasma tanks will out damage and out pace you.

with 150 r-c and 120 weapon law you are looking at not even capped damage (prolly about 160-165%) near capped aiming (165-175%+) and piss poor rate of fire (110-115 rounds per min)

u might get better stats with pistols.

Punisher-X
28-10-03, 12:35
Agree with REMUS
Having made both a pistol tank and PE tank ages ago, the PE one was perfectly fine for PvM, and OK in pvp if ya have a PE with laserpointer (I found this helped a fair bit). This was waaaay before MC5 chips, so the best I had was SF+Balance 3+ Moto 3+ EXP Balli 3. Tho I used dex booster 3, as I didnt want to take the -10 lore hit from reflex booster. Only at extreme ranges did I find my aiming slow.
Maybe for more agility, u should swap out one of ur cpus for balance advancer 3? It loses you 3 str tho