PDA

View Full Version : should copbots drop copbot rifles?

KidWithStick
27-10-03, 23:55
i think you should be able to kill a copbot without losing SL, and if you manage to you can get a copbot rifle out of him...

im talking about the copbot rifles that are still ingame, but are "illegal" to have...

they should not be researchable (i dont think they are now anyways) etc...

they should still have the exact same stats and req as they do now, and everything...

just basically...let copbots drop copbot rifles....

Jest
27-10-03, 23:57
Sounds good to me. :)

Kenjuten
27-10-03, 23:59
Nice idea..I'll vote yes. :)

Btw, what's ISWDA? O_o

I Sex With Droms' Asses?

KidWithStick
28-10-03, 00:03
Originally posted by Kenjuten
Nice idea..I'll vote yes. :)

Btw, what's ISWDA? O_o

I Sex With Droms' Asses?

i sleep with dead animals:rolleyes:

SamuraiPizzaCat
28-10-03, 00:16
Yes they should
but u should loose SL for killing the cop

Drake6k
28-10-03, 00:27
Cops should go back to the way they use to be... you couldnt solo them in the open but they were very killable (unless your a hybrid). Also you SHOULD lose SL. Isnt killing a cop a ...major crime?

KidWithStick
28-10-03, 00:30
okokok

i wasnt thinking very well when i said the no SL thing...

you should lose SL, but still you should get a copbot rifle outta them

greendonkeyuk
28-10-03, 00:55
Yeah and youd prolly need to lose a shit load of ca symp too. Ammo? Would it be clonable? or a limited amount with the copbot itself...... jus enough to light up pepper park for a few mins perhaps. 8|

Marx
28-10-03, 01:09
Copbot rifles were taken out because of its ability to hit hidden things, etc.

I mean, hell - we'd have rifle users who attack while you're trying to hide, stealth away when you try and go after them, and do it again, etc.

Just remember, it was all the complaints about the rifle that got it removed.

StrongSad
28-10-03, 05:15
damnit...that thing sounded fun.... :D :D :cool:

Birkoff
28-10-03, 06:02
You shouldn't lsoe SL if u were in a enemy faction to the city.

While there at it make it so that TG/MB/(TH?) "Guarsd" drop somrthing funky as well then to balance the city clans :) That would be uber :)

StryfeX
28-10-03, 06:35
Originally posted by Marx
Copbot rifles were taken out because of its ability to hit hidden things, etc.

I mean, hell - we'd have rifle users who attack while you're trying to hide, stealth away when you try and go after them, and do it again, etc.

Just remember, it was all the complaints about the rifle that got it removed. Your point? PSIs can do that already. I'd say let them back in. I wanna blow shit up. :D

--Stryfe

QuantumDelta
28-10-03, 06:49
Didn't copbots used to drop the rifle anyway?

KidWithStick
28-10-03, 06:51
Originally posted by Birkoff
You shouldn't lsoe SL if u were in a enemy faction to the city.

While there at it make it so that TG/MB/(TH?) "Guarsd" drop somrthing funky as well then to balance the city clans :) That would be uber :)

yea thats a good idea too, make the CM gaurds drop a merc gatlin rifle, tg gaurds drop one of there rifles, and the TH gaurds drop....gatlin turrets?:D

Your point? PSIs can do that already. I'd say let them back in. I wanna blow shit up.

i wont even be able to use them...im a tank, APU, or PPU...but i still think they should be put back into the game...its just one of the many little things that made neocron funner back then than it is now...

KidWithStick
28-10-03, 06:52
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Didn't copbots used to drop the rifle anyway?

yea.....

thats the point of thiso_O

:lol:

they dont anymore though...and they should...

QuantumDelta
28-10-03, 06:57
I remember seeing two copbots and four tsunami guards having a fire fight in PP1.
Everyone scrambled for the copbot loot while I landed myself a High-Qual-TAR :p

I've always believed mobs(MC5/Y-Rep/Mutie(Theydo!)) and guards should drop the weapons they use.

Heh.

Marx
28-10-03, 07:02
Originally posted by StryfeX
Your point? PSIs can do that already. I'd say let them back in. I wanna blow shit up. :D

--Stryfe

The PSI's that are able to do that aren't able to stealth away.

:rolleyes:

StryfeX
28-10-03, 16:35
Originally posted by Marx
The PSI's that are able to do that aren't able to stealth away.Yeah...they just usually have a PPU stapled to their ass.

--Stryfe

Q`alooaith
28-10-03, 16:53
No, copbot';s should drop EPR, that's all they should be carrying from a RP perspective.. Hell I'd like for them to use the EPR again, oh to hear scream's as a copbot say's "drop that weapon" and everyone diving for cover...

The only reason there is a copbot rilfe in the game is so they don't hit bystander's..

So, yea make everyone drop weapon's again, but copbot rifle's should never drop again..

Freaky Fryd
28-10-03, 17:14
Meh...copbot rifles had their uses, but even with capped stats they don't do so much damage that they're worth using a lot.

The only usage I can think of using them for is blowing up gat turrets...
;)
Or scaring the hell out of people when they're fighting in Pepper park...
"ONOZ! You're getting hit by a copbot! Run!"
:lol:

(for those that don't/didn't know, it works like a monk's halo spell - 3rd person views allow you to hit stuff that's not in your line of sight in 1st person)

death&decay
28-10-03, 17:20
IMO every mob should drop their weapon, like it used to be in
the very beginning of retail. Copbot rifles would be much too ubar
so just make copbots explode when they die.

The main problem with all that is, you can make tons of cash by
powerlooting aggies. Their gatlin pistols were worth 1.5-3.5 Ks
without barter each.

I think that's why they changed it...

28-10-03, 17:45
Originally posted by death&decay
IMO every mob should drop their weapon, like it used to be in
the very beginning of retail. Copbot rifles would be much too ubar
so just make copbots explode when they die.

The main problem with all that is, you can make tons of cash by
powerlooting aggies. Their gatlin pistols were worth 1.5-3.5 Ks
without barter each.

I think that's why they changed it...

What aggies? I've killed enough captains in my time and I've never looted a gat pistol

So do the Cobot (note speling) rifles in game work or not right now? (I know they were dropping a while back because of some bug...)

Freaky Fryd
28-10-03, 18:05
To my knowledge:
- copbot rifles still work (occasionally bugged)
- can still be constructed from existing BPs
- can still have their ammo cloned
- cannot be BPed

Torteth
28-10-03, 18:11
I LIKED the good old days when a copbot would accidently mow down 5 people whilst it tried to its target.
A lot of people complained though and it got removed. Its not all that often that I see a copbot get psyched up these days, so it doesnt really worry me.
I voted NO though. I dont think that a player should be able to kill 1 rank 120 creature and get a full powerful gun. Thats why we have the rare part system.
I also believe it would upset the rifle/pistol balance even more.

El_MUERkO
28-10-03, 18:18
Yes you should be able to get copbot rifles from copbots.

You should loose soul light when you kill one.

They should heal fast to discourage zoning in and out to attack a copbot.

Flea
29-10-03, 04:15
Try this (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80349) thread for more info on it, gg with the thread kid

StrongSad
29-10-03, 04:23
I LIKED the good old days when a copbot would accidently mow down 5 people whilst it tried to its target.

ROFL!!!! LMFAO!!!!!

DOES ANYONE ELSE FIND THAT OVERWHELMINGLY FUNNY!?!?!?

BAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

ROFL!!!

Flea
29-10-03, 04:50
yeah, they used to have EPR's but in plaza anyone who you were standing behind got owned along with you ^^

Scikar
29-10-03, 05:40
Originally posted by 5150
What aggies? I've killed enough captains in my time and I've never looted a gat pistol

So do the Cobot (note speling) rifles in game work or not right now? (I know they were dropping a while back because of some bug...)

Aggressors used to drop gatlin pistols, they certainly did at the start of retail.

And the Copbot rifle is misspelt Copot, not Cobot. ;)

EDIT: If Copbots used EPR again, they still wouldn't kill people they weren't aiming at. If you are hit by a mob which isn't targetting you, you seem to take damage, but it shoots back up again. Since the death from this was removed, you can't be killed by a non-aoe weapon which isn't fired directly at you.

KidWithStick
29-10-03, 07:27
copbot rifles arnt as powerful as rares anyways....so i dont see why your point is valid, so what they can target like a monk, due to all the lag in fights and everything anyways, it ALWAYS seems like your getting shot through the wall...no matter what, from CS or PE...its all the same

29-10-03, 10:13
Originally posted by Scikar
Aggressors used to drop gatlin pistols, they certainly did at the start of retail.

And the Copbot rifle is misspelt Copot, not Cobot. ;)

EDIT: If Copbots used EPR again, they still wouldn't kill people they weren't aiming at. If you are hit by a mob which isn't targetting you, you seem to take damage, but it shoots back up again. Since the death from this was removed, you can't be killed by a non-aoe weapon which isn't fired directly at you.

Ta. knew there was a letter missing in it somewhere :-)

I herby declar Scikar leder of teh spelik politce :-)

Alpha-Omega
29-10-03, 12:16
YES! I definitely think that mobs should drop the weapons they carry, but just have them drop at MAJORLY varying qualities. There should also be an inherent chance that a mob might drop a BROKEN weapon that was damaged when the critter died.

COPbot rifles might not be as powerful as an EPR but they ARE fun!

IMHO they should bring back all the weapons that mobs used to drop. Like Mendicants, Junk knives, the BIG street rifle (an just rename it to save confusion) Lazar guns dropping from Lazars!, aggies dropping gattlin pistols (but rarer than before! ya used to get 2 or 3 guns per aggie sometimes. I could make 200k a day back then w/o breakin a sweat!). In fact, just bring all those weapons back. Just tweak the droprates on the test-server til they are right.

Hands up who misses hunting muties/aggies in Pepper Park sewers/Aggie cellars at the begining of retail? *Raises hand*

Peeping Tom
29-10-03, 12:45
you should be able to Loot all NPC
K4F

L0KI
29-10-03, 12:48
Great idea.

Yes and 5 stars :D

death&decay
29-10-03, 13:14
And I want to loot Fang when he dies.
Dunno why, I think it would be ubar fun :D

I wanna loot him and take his drugs away HEHEHE
and clothes. :wtf:

I'm supposed to act weird coz that's what they call me, the
german weirdo

Stay frosty Fang ;)

Tenshin
14-11-03, 17:14
Back on Pluto in January I had a stack of BPs for the Copbot rifles and ammo from the event there....

The copbot rifle was an amazing toy, even if the damage kinda sucked....In my opinion the damage of the EPR was better....

As far as the earlier post on all the guards dropping thier weapon of choice, I second that...theres a twist to the weapons thats for sure.... (city mercs/tg example how many rifle tanks are there realy hehe)

Hitting hidden targets isnt a big deal when monks can do that anyways (example: holy energy halo and targeting just a corner of a hidden person/mob)... as far as recycling ammo, make its TL kinda restrictive to recycle (in excess of 60 etc, this would actualy make Mines worth something in the game lol)....

Keeping the copbot rifles from being more powerful than say disruptors is what youd have to worry about...this could be achieved with low quality rifle drops (say 80% or so) but random slots, I personaly wouldnt want to see a group of pk'ers with artifact copbot rifles sweeping MB for players....

These days however the power of the copbot rifle is extremly shunted due to gamma bones, and the xray inheritance in the power armors (spy and pe at least)... I know of more than one player with over 200 points in xray resists from bones/belts/armor/CON ponts which pretty much cuts most of the damage from those rifles...

I vote bring them back along with drops from the other types of guards, and make soulllight losses drastic for killing that type of guard (ex: kill a copbot = -20 sl)

:D