PDA

View Full Version : useless epic rewards......

Furion
27-10-03, 22:39
ok, just did the tangent epic, got a 0 slot rifle..... wtf am i gonna do with that? its useless, and i have no chance whatsoever of doing it again, what a dumbass system..

hudsonbeck
27-10-03, 22:42
I thought they changed it so you wouyld get atleast one slot on epic rewards..... guess not.
I remember that some people we trying to talk to the HD or a GM or something and maybe trade it for a sloter.... not sure if they were able to or not. I for one would hope you would be able to and i donr even like TT ;)

Good Luck m8,
Hudson

DarkPhoenix
27-10-03, 22:43
Erm whats the matter with it? :confused:

naimex
27-10-03, 22:48
apparently he didnt get any slots on his TT epic award weap... and feel mistreated or summet ^^

i got 3 slots on my DoY epic weapon.. wth.. sold the damn thing cheap.. what was i to do with it ?? nothing, thats what!!

was 120/120 so was only ammo mods and whatever gadgets you could find that could come in.. but still a 0 slotter is still good for PvM.. but i see his need for an ammo mod in PvP but still epic weaps arent better than rares.. so just get a rare weap.. and thnik in your head.. epic weaps are wank.. they are nothing but symbols.. and the best symbol is above your head.. YES, you are a MASTER.. be happeh..

Furion
27-10-03, 22:48
Originally posted by DarkPhoenix
Erm whats the matter with it? :confused:

it doesnt have slots..... if i got atleast one i could put a ammo mod in there...

Rade
27-10-03, 22:49
I did the TT for the pistol and got no slots as well, damn waste of
time.

Furion
27-10-03, 22:52
Originally posted by Rade
time.

waste of time and money.....

got 3 slots on my DoY epic weapon.. wth.. sold the damn thing cheap.. what was i to do with it ?? nothing, thats what!!

u can do the epic run for doy rifle like 5 times, this can only be done once, and u obviously have no clue. the epic rifle repairs back to full and cannot be dropped, so when im hunting i can use the epic rifle for long range and the RoG for close range, without fear of losing any of them.....

\\Fényx//
27-10-03, 22:53
time.

muahaha ive done that epic twice, got 5 slots on pluto and 5 slots on saturn :lol: :lol:

Shakari
27-10-03, 23:42
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
muahaha ive done that epic twice, got 5 slots on pluto and 5 slots on saturn :lol: :lol:

You lucky son-of-a-$!*@#

Maarten
28-10-03, 00:17
Ah jeez people! What is this? All of you act like a 0 slot epic gun (or ANY other epic item/rare for that matter) is more useless then a TL1 Special Alloy Knife.
So you don't have the 10% extra damage bonus. So what? The gun is still 40%-50% better then the gun you used before that.

It's really sad. Give people a POSIBILITY for a slight damage bonus and they will whine till their eyeballs bleed if they don't get it.

(IMHO)

SamuraiPizzaCat
28-10-03, 00:20
Originally posted by Maarten
Ah jeez people! What is this? All of you act like a 0 slot epic gun (or ANY other epic item/rare for that matter) is more useless then a TL1 Special Alloy Knife.
So you don't have the 10% extra damage bonus. So what? The gun is still 40%-50% better then the gun you used before that.

It's really sad. Give people a POSIBILITY for a slight damage bonus and they will whine till their eyeballs bleed if they don't get it.

(IMHO)
i couldnt have said it better myself

Vid Gamer
28-10-03, 00:24
I thought if you get any 0 slot Epic weapons you can ask a GM and he'll give you a 1 slotter?

Jest
28-10-03, 00:26

(IMHO) Plain and simple, spending a day or two doing these quests only to get a weapon that has no slots is dissapointing. I mean, epic items don't really need that many slots since they come at 120%, but personally, if I had the choice between a 1 slotted epic weapon or the change to get a 0-5 slotted epic weapon, I would just choose the 1 slotted one.

But then again Furion, you said your planning on using the gun for just mob hunting so its not THAT bad. But yah its annoying.

KidWithStick
28-10-03, 00:29
if u contact a GM he can take ur 0 slot and give you atleast a 1 slot...

i think all epic weapons should be 5 slots gauranteed.

REMUS
28-10-03, 00:54
nahhh they should be 7 slot

x heated
nova
xray
advanced
poison
silenced
scoped

then maybe people will stop whineing when they get a 0 slot fucking epic reward.

Pi-Oh-Pah
28-10-03, 01:03
time.

Strokes his 3 slot TT pistol :p

Sorin
28-10-03, 01:06
I completed my TT epic and got a 4 slot pistol. Other than ammo mods, I must say the slots are rather useless, since they come at all 120% and can be repaired to a full 120/120 condition. So I put two ammo mods, a laser pointer (not for functionality), and a silencer (:lol: a silenced laser). I agree it should give at least 1 slot, because it's not like they're are all that easy to get in comparison to rares. You'd have to reroll your character or buy the epic from someone.

BlackDove
28-10-03, 01:09
http://smalltimerivalry.com/sschost/scriptblackdove/fiveslotter.jpg

I WUB YOU!!! :p

Hmm I made about 8 RoG's, let's just say most were 1 slotted. NOT fun. But hey, that makes you appreciate the above :p

Rade
28-10-03, 01:20
Originally posted by Pi-Oh-Pah
Strokes his 3 slot TT pistol :p

Well, since I didnt get the TT epic I started experimenting with
the blacksun, then told QD how uber it was, and we all know
what happened aftet that... :D

Anyway, Im pretty satisfied with my 4 slot RoLH, and I would
have done the epic even if I didnt care about the reward because
Im a mission whore, but the epics should be somewhat balanced
so all are worth doing.

Maarten
28-10-03, 01:39
Easy solution if you this game to be more fun:
Don't expect a 5 slotter every time you have a weapon build or from an epic. Expect a gun with good stats. If you get one, be satisfied.
And when you DO get slots, see it as a bonus and be happy about it.

Please don't make a high amount of slots a necessity before the game is fun because you are ruining it for yourself.

Rade
28-10-03, 02:08
Easy solution if you this game to be more fun:
Don't expect a 5 slotter every time you have a weapon build or from an epic. Expect a gun with good stats. If you get one, be satisfied.
And when you DO get slots, see it as a bonus and be happy about it.

Please don't make a high amount of slots a necessity before the game is fun because you are ruining it for yourself.

So basicly you are suggesting that people should always hope for
the worst and then be happy when they get anything good?
Sorry no, only works for people who are really good at fooling
themselves. My old roommate was an expert tho, Im jealous.

Marx
28-10-03, 02:10
"Wow, a hydraulic part and energy generator! This warbot loot is great!"

CarniFlex
28-10-03, 02:12
Ive done the TT epic with 3 of my 4 chars... and gotten nonslotted items everytime. Cant be assed to do it with my 4th just to get a slotted one... Heard that gm dont trade in your epics for one slotted, dont know if its the truth or not. Would gladly trade in that case.

Milksh@ke
28-10-03, 03:33
my god, I thought some epic rewards were poor but thank the lord you didn't choose DRE

a clanmember of mine took me on a guided tour of what could only be described as a hovel, this is Diamond Real Estate we are talking about, I was expecting level 4 "platinum" apartment, unobtainable accomodation by normal means as a reward for your extreme loyalty to diamond. or the option to have a two tier plush clan app maybe.

But, sadly, you get digs in the outzone with a key which describes the app as the poorest accomodation in neocron ^^

what joy!

:)

Birkoff
28-10-03, 03:37
U only need 1 slot... for a flashlight... *mmmmm* flashlights rule :)

OMG coconut candy bar on the commander! my lucky day!!11 :P

El_MUERkO
28-10-03, 13:10
I'd feel ripped off if I got an epic weapon without a slot, especially if I was looking forward to using it.

Yes they're 120 all stats but still a 1 slot minimum would for a gun you can only ever get once isnt an unreasonable request.

Sebu
28-10-03, 13:15
Are all the epic rewards that lowsy ? I've heard about the Diamond reward, and now about the TT reward.

I'll probably do the BT epic quest, is it worth it ?

\\Fényx//
28-10-03, 13:18
Originally posted by Sebu
Are all the epic rewards that lowsy ? I've heard about the Diamond reward, and now about the TT reward.

I'll probably do the BT epic quest, is it worth it ?

BT epic is the MOVEON CPU, kinda like a mini MARINE CPU, no requirements so any char can use it, +3 STR +3 CON +18 BodyHealth and some other stats :)

enablerbr
28-10-03, 13:18
well think about the monks and spies who do the CM epic. all you get is a weapon you can't use.
as for the 0 slot thing. i'd moan too as even with made weapons i want atleast 1 slot for an ammo mod.

Crest
28-10-03, 14:36
The 4 times I did the TT epic, got 2 0 slotters, 1 4 slotter and 1 five slotter cannons....

Then did the CM epic twice and got 2 0 slotters....RRight now I own 2x 1 slotter Speed Gun, 2x3 Slotter speed gun and hmmm 2 x 0 slotter speed gun....

You can always buy the stuff, just look ofr them....

EG a monk wants to start a TT clan, does epic, gets reward....sells it off......

This is the case for most epics...

I done Bio twice yet got 4 moveons .. hey the last one the guy wanted 100k for on trade channel. I dm him and said I would take it off him for 150K and was on my way....I am sure a lot of guys had said they wanted to pay 100k, but hey too slow

Ask around ..... the only thing I have not been able to buy is MC5 chips and filter heart 2...except for the guys who get stupid selling FH2 for 30mill

•Super|\|ova•
28-10-03, 15:00
Originally posted by SamuraiPizzaCat
i couldnt have said it better myself

I could've but I didn't and I'm too lazy to do it anymore :p

Original monk
28-10-03, 15:07
like mentioned before in this thread: also my suprise was big when i did my first epic (the dre epic) :) that appartment looks ok, little dirty and wooden boxes but it fits in the game except: its in OZ1 LOL and it doesnt have a genrep (even more LOL) :P

What they think ? that i gonna genrep to OZ station with my spy carrying all those precious parts, to go wondring around OZ1 to get to my appartment and have the risk i get PKed up side down ? NO WAY lol (loosing 1 ds part would mean a loss about 5 to 8 mill on saturn so :P)

put a genrep in the DRE appartments please and make em all plaza 1 pretty please :P

Pi-Oh-Pah
28-10-03, 15:20
Well, since I didnt get the TT epic I started experimenting with
the blacksun, then told QD how uber it was, and we all know
what happened aftet that... :D

Anyway, Im pretty satisfied with my 4 slot RoLH, and I would
have done the epic even if I didnt care about the reward because
Im a mission whore, but the epics should be somewhat balanced
so all are worth doing.

Shame Im a rifler though o_O

//Ring\\
28-10-03, 20:04
ya epics are a total waste of ur time and cash unless ur just lookin for the story ;)
any rare gun can beat an epic one or at least catch up to it as far as i know, just do the epics for the imps u dont need the rest ;) well maybe the CA one just cuz the copbot armor looks nice lol

piohpah ur sig.. its so wrong 0.o

\\Fényx//
28-10-03, 20:09
Originally posted by //Ring\\
ya epics are a total waste of ur time and cash unless ur just lookin for the story ;)
any rare gun can beat an epic one or at least catch up to it as far as i know, just do the epics for the imps u dont need the rest ;) well maybe the CA one just cuz the copbot armor looks nice lol

Tangent Speed gat - City Mercs
DOY Raygun Rifle - AntiCity rocks for PE's
MOVEON - Great imp
Resistor - Great Imp
CA PA - Great chest armour, shame it looks funneh
Tangent rifle/pistol/cannon - These weapons are great for mob's, and also for sniping...

Pi-Oh-Pah
28-10-03, 21:12
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Tangent Speed gat - City Mercs
DOY Raygun Rifle - AntiCity rocks for PE's
MOVEON - Great imp
Resistor - Great Imp
CA PA - Great chest armour, shame it looks funneh
Tangent rifle/pistol/cannon - These weapons are great for mob's, and also for sniping...

My PE had a 1 slot TT rifle with Flazer mod and it was SHIT HOT for WB hunting

Pi-Oh-Pah
28-10-03, 21:22
Originally posted by //Ring\\

Changed it for ya m8 :)

enablerbr
28-10-03, 21:28
Pi-Oh-Pah NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

change it back i liked the other 1 with 4 superheros dancing.

Pi-Oh-Pah
28-10-03, 21:31
Originally posted by enablerbr
Pi-Oh-Pah NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

change it back i liked the other 1 with 4 superheros dancing.

Walks off into the sunset

rawwrrrrrr

:angel:

Jesterthegreat
28-10-03, 21:37
Originally posted by Furion
u can do the epic run for doy rifle like 5 times, this can only be done once, and u obviously have no clue. the epic rifle repairs back to full and cannot be dropped, so when im hunting i can use the epic rifle for long range and the RoG for close range, without fear of losing any of them.....

when hunting an ammo mod is far from vital

Maarten
28-10-03, 22:57
Fine. I will let you guys spend 5 million on parts so you can get your hands on a precious 5 slotter or whine on the forums about a 0 slot epic gun while I'm playing the game having fun, ok?

Sundiver
29-10-03, 00:11
That "useless" 0 slotted rifle got me hundreds of tech parts and tons of good stuff from WB / WBT and Decayed Brute and Horror's. I towed in 3 WB/WBT at the same time many times, and picked them down easily with my "useless" TT epic rifle with no slots. I used the Commando sniper to pick off Cyberguards and other annoying mobs sometimes following the WB/WBT. The WB's went down in 3-4 clips when I got good R-C and WPL.

I tried using the Paineaser for fun to kill off some WB's, what a waste, went back to the rifle shortly after.

It is very accurate (IMHO) and got a decent ROF. When you get used to it, you'll love it for hunting. It will never be a PvP weapon, and I never treated it like one either.

Have a new spy now, looking forward to get that rifle again.

NeoChick
29-10-03, 00:28
I agree that the epic rewards are very poor. Usually you have to change faction which means a lot of time put into getting fac symp and then the 300,000. Then you go through the not really that interesting procedure of doing the epic..........and then you get a reward that is nothing special at all

Diamond - forget it
City Admin - I believe you get an armor that you can only use if you are city admin, banning you to stay in that faction forever....no thanks
TT - disaster as above, if you spend the time you spent on changing faction etc etc on getting your constr to try to make you a good multi slotted weapon, you'll probably have a better one than your non slot tt weapon (ok i knowyou can't loose it and it repairs to 100% but who cares, i always carry a crappy weapon in second slot in my belt where I don't mind if I loose it
CM I did that epic and am not very impressed with the speedgun either, first of all it is only a cannon so if you are anything but a tank forget it
Next: A vehicle that is not exactly uber either, ok it can't be destroyed but hunt in TH and around bunker, wb etc and you have enough parts to get as many vehicles built as you like

The only ones that are worth anything are Biotech and Protopharm as I see it

That's not really an encouragement for people to do epics
I just did one to get the master above my head

Pi-Oh-Pah
29-10-03, 00:51
Originally posted by Sundiver
The WB's went down in 3-4 clips when I got good R-C and WPL.

My 1 slotter got em down in 2.5 clips for WB and 3 for WBT and it was modded with Flazer ammo

@Neochick - it seems you only came back to whinge about the game some more :rolleyes:

Sundiver
29-10-03, 17:16
NeoChick, you seem to have forgotten the fact that the epics are about more than just getting stuff. It is about faction politics as well.

I enjoyed the Biotech epic, and it made me realize I will never want to join them again, unless I had sympathy for the devil, that is..

Pi-Oh-Pah: I wasn't capped mkay? :D

Pi-Oh-Pah
29-10-03, 18:04
Originally posted by Sundiver

Pi-Oh-Pah: I wasn't capped mkay? :D

Neither was I - Had enough dex to use it - always kill Warbots crouched rarely miss 1 out of the 3 shots

stalked monkey
29-10-03, 18:09
The next epic is really good. it has more armor than the 4v4 normally does, it takes like 15nc to repair fully, and respawns if dead. And anyone can drive it without much nerfage.