PDA

View Full Version : Found the GREATEST MMORPG!

Nullifidian
27-10-03, 22:06
Body Building!

No, not Body Building Online, or some such nonsense, I'm talking about straight up, oldschool bodybuilding.

You might say, "But that isn't Massively Multiplayer!" Wrong! When I go to the gym, there are a hell of a lot more people there than any Neocron server ever has. I converse with all sorts of people who share my interests, and who are at various levels in the game.

You might say, but that's not an RPG! How do you define RPG? If you mean playing a role, then Neocron sure as hell ain't no fucking RPG either. But you all seem to say that Neocron is an RPG, and so is Everquest, and Anarchy Online, and a dozen other games that aren't RPGs technically speaking. So what do they have? Well, they have a bunch of stats. When you play for a while, those stats go up as a reward to you. Well, so does bodybuilding! In fact, body building as a shitload more stats than any RPG out there! You've got your 1 rep max for a million different exercises, you've go the number of reps you can do with a particular weight in a particular exercise, you've got your own personal bodyweight, you've got your fat percentage, plus, you have to keep track of all sorts of other stats like calorie count, grams of protein, etc.

It's got all the best aspects of every MMORPG out there. You can specialize if you want. For example, if I stick to it for months and months, and powerlevel my biceps, I'll eventually have the biggest guns on the planet! But for folks who like to diversify, don't worry! People who don't specialize in one particular bodypart aren't gimps! In fact, folks who spread their focus over every bodypart are quite respected and can reach a very high level of play.

Aside from specialization stuff, you've also got a lot of variations of gameplay. In fact, varying you HAVE to vary your gameplay if you want to progress beyond each level; in bodybuilding they're called "plateaus." For a few months for chest experience you'll do 4 pyramid sets of flat bench, 4 pyramid sets of incline bench, 4 pyramid sets of decline bench, and 4 pyramid sets of flat flyes. Then in order to get beyond the plateau you'll have to change it to something like 3 sets of 12 reps for dumbell press, same cable crossovers, same for weighted dips, same for pec dec flyes. Every few months you'll get whole new routines to keep things from getting boring and redundant.

All this time, you'll see new content. You'll constantly be lifting more weight, cranking out higher reps, reducing your fat percentage and increasing your lean mass!

All that and the best bonus of all: reaching mid to high level actually impresses chicks! Yep, how many MMORPGs can boast THAT?

BlackDove
27-10-03, 22:10
If I get to kill someone, you sold me this MMORPG.

Opar
27-10-03, 22:13
No PKing...

HOLD ON!!! YES THERE IS!!!! YOU PK THE FAT!!!!ONEONEELEVEN!!!11!!

PRAISE THE LORD!!!

See ya'll at Mr. Olympia ;)

Cruzbroker
27-10-03, 22:28
But it's unfair! You can't be as good someone when you cap!!!11

Ren
27-10-03, 22:32
you should see the power amour.........

ewwwwww

but on some of the women

hummmm

Syntax-Error
27-10-03, 22:40
what about the long streches of downtime and the fact u lost EXP over time :P

Opar
27-10-03, 22:47
Yeah... OMG!! CHOCOLATE BISCUITS = LOMS!!!

Undoing all your hard work ^^

Xin
27-10-03, 22:48
I hate those games where you only get one life though. I mean, if you lose your grip at the wrong moment, you lose everything. Of course, if it was due to a bug, your family can sue and become rather wealthy....

Whiety Bulger
27-10-03, 22:58
Steriods =HAX!!!

Nullifidian
27-10-03, 23:03
Originally posted by Syntax-Error
what about the long streches of downtime and the fact u lost EXP over time :P

Long stretches of downtime? lost XP? What are you talking about! When you log off of the gym and go home and rest, that's when you GET XP! You get XP while you sleep! Basically when you go to the gym you spend a bunch of time setting up macros for the rest of the week. When you go home, those macros work to get you XP , XP, and more XP for at least a week, sometimes more for that skill!

Plus there are all sorts of strategies you can use on how to gain XP the fastest. It's the only MMORPG where being logged in for the longest amount of time won't get you the fastest gains!

Of course, no MMORPG is without it's pitfalls. Occasionally you'll have to camp a workout station in a gym.

The PvP system though is pretty balanced. A smart midlevel player can actually beat someone higher level than him in a "smack talk" duel. Plus the system is such that you can play as a hardcore PvPer and downtalk to everyone else in the gym. Just watch out when a bigger, smarter player comes in. You can also have fun by playing cooperatively with others. PvP rewards vary greatly, and can be anywhere the simple knowledge that your enemy was just disgraced, to something awsome like stealing your opponent's girlfriend.

Tazo
27-10-03, 23:55
it takes far too long to level up

greendonkeyuk
28-10-03, 01:00
It also costs a lot more than a fiver a month for all the gyms where i live!!!!

Also if you sex someone you get insta-banned, so thats no fun either.

Knar
28-10-03, 01:07
Gym = makes me tired = onoz = evil

•Super|\|ova•
28-10-03, 01:25
Gym is gay! :lol:

Marx
28-10-03, 01:31
Be sure you go to a real gym... not one of those pansy ass 'we have treadmills' gyms.

EVERYTHING HAS TO INVOLVE A CHAIN.

WARMUP, GETTING BEATEN WITH CHAINS.

AEROBIC: RUNNING FROM A DUDE WITH CHAINS

TRICEP/BICEP: PULLING CHAINS, PREVENTING FROM GETTING HIT.

LATS: FENDING BLOWS TO THE HEAD

PECS: PUSHING THE DUDE WITH CHAIN AWAY FROM YOU.

ABS: HIDING IN, AND GETTING OUT OF SMALL BOXES.

That there is the 'warbot method for a semi-decent looking upper body'.

•Super|\|ova•
28-10-03, 01:51
Originally posted by Marx
ABS: HIDING IN, AND GETTING OUT OF SMALL BOXES.

:lol: ROFLMAO :lol:

G.0.D.
28-10-03, 03:01
Looks this rpg sux... my reasons are

-Jocks need to be nerfed
-Nerds are the neocron equivilint of a spy!
-wtf no pvp? comn this isnt fucking ragnarok
-Turn based lvling is just crap
-No support forums!
-Low quality grahpics
-Loss of experiance with inactivity
-step learning curve

Marx
28-10-03, 03:02
Nah dude. Just get yourself a chain and life's good.

Ultima
28-10-03, 03:53
good thread in my opinion, if you sit down and seriously think about the time and energy you put into your MMORPG's and then think in 2 years you probably wont reap any rewards from it as you will be playing sum other game then this thread really brings the Online gaming world down to its knees...

Personally I do both, Gym and Online gaming.. Of course I believe that in 10 years or so Online gaming will be much bigger and better so really I and all of YOU are helping the 'Online Gaming' world get through Play school or KinderGarden or what ever ...

KthxBye..

Nullifidian
28-10-03, 06:29
Originally posted by Ultima
good thread in my opinion, if you sit down and seriously think about the time and energy you put into your MMORPG's and then think in 2 years you probably wont reap any rewards from it as you will be playing sum other game then this thread really brings the Online gaming world down to its knees...

Personally I do both, Gym and Online gaming.. Of course I believe that in 10 years or so Online gaming will be much bigger and better so really I and all of YOU are helping the 'Online Gaming' world get through Play school or KinderGarden or what ever ...

KthxBye..

It's good to see SOMEONE got part of the reason I posted this.

Why do you play an MMORPG? What keeps you playing? For most people, whether they realize it or not, it's because they feel an inexplicable sense of accomplishment from seeing those little stats increase. You get that next level, or that new uber item, or beat that uber mob. Always a tiny "reward".

Many things in REAL life are the same way if you look for it. Body building just happens to be one thing that is easy to see it in. Every workout you look to increase the weight you're lifting, or increase the number of reps you can do, or whatever. There's always rewards to look forward to and goals to set.

Unlike MMORPGs however, these real life things give you something real to take away with you.

I've recently re-discovered weight lifting and I've taken this outlook on it. I never used to be able to stick with a lifting routine, but now I've set goals, and I'm looking for increases in every little stat I can find. I've dedicated myself wholeheartedly to it, and I've even changed my daily nutrition. My time in Neocron has left me with nothing to show for it, but already my time lifting has taken 30 pounds of fat off of me, and gotten me from benching only 155 pounds when I started up a few months ago to benching 275 pounds now. Hehe, found out I'm a mesomorph afterall.

Oh and, I don't even belong to a gym. Did it all with a weight bench and a set of weights. Grand total of $200 for everything. That's about the same cost as an average MMORPG account and a 1 year's subscription.

ichinin
28-10-03, 07:01
Try Budo instead; muscles and bones just hurt when someone who knows stuff twist them around.

Marx
28-10-03, 07:04
Originally posted by ichinin
Try Budo instead; muscles and bones just hurt when someone who knows stuff twist them around.

Who needs skill when for $355.99 you can get this:

http://www.skyteklubb.no/vapen/6.glock.mod26.jpg

OMG HAX.

BlackDove
28-10-03, 07:22

http://www.skyteklubb.no/vapen/6.glock.mod26.jpg

So sad, yet so true

NeoChick
28-10-03, 07:42
I have a stressful job and do figure work all day. Then I go home and the figures keep going around in my head, nothing takes my mind off it, I can watch TV and my mind will be with my figures and schedules and budgets etc

The ONLY thing that I discovered that enables me to relax is to play a game, it is total escapism and when I play my mind does not wander to other things. I am totally involved in the game.

Since I started gaming my friends find me a much more balanced and calm person. I need gaming like others need valium.

I guess the gym is an option for some, but it does not exactly make you relax.

As has been said above, it is good to have a balance. Gaming and gym is probably a good idea for somebody who likes gym.

And hey, in NC I am a millionaire - going to the gym will not make you a millionaire unless you walk in the shoes of Arnold

Shadow Dancer
28-10-03, 07:54
Althuogh i'm replying in a humorour theme Nulli, can you answer this.....

Originally posted by Tazo
it takes far too long to level up

This is my concern too. Is there any motivation for leveling up? It's hard to motivate myself.

Marx
28-10-03, 08:10
MEBBE SO YU KAN LUK BEEG END BOUFF FER YUR FREENDS.

Kazper
28-10-03, 08:15
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
This is my concern too. Is there any motivation for leveling up? It's hard to motivate myself.

women...the more you level the better looking women you get
then theres the women you'll spend your whole life leveling for and never be high enough level=(

Marx
28-10-03, 08:23
Nah, you just need to find the right tradeskill to make "madd lootage".

money > buffage

money = honey's

28-10-03, 09:35
Originally posted by Nullifidian
When I go to the gym, there are a hell of a lot more people there than any Neocron server ever has.

Thats because Jersey is only big enough for one Gym :-)

•Super|\|ova•
28-10-03, 10:42
Who needs gym if you have a girlfriend ;) I train only the muscles of my lower body.

Marx
28-10-03, 10:47
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
Who needs gym if you have a girlfriend ;) I train only the muscles of my lower body.

http://dirtynuke.net/sup.JPG

djskum
28-10-03, 11:51
I play another MMORPG, it's much better IMHO! It's called KungFu! The excersise is there (hard circuit training) good for, stamina, strength, balance, reaction speeds, internal energy (chi) oh and punching/kicking. You DO get to PK (well maybe not kill but punching your opponent in the head is fucking satisfying!). I go to lessons twice a week and get to fight once a week. I train outside class once/twice a week. After a while you start to pick the techniques up and build power. There's no shortage of skill paths to pick and they all rock! e.g combine Chi Na with Tai Chi (practical) and your fairly fucking handy in a fight!

Unlike SWG to become a really hard master Jedi type you don't really need to learn how to cook (altho kungfu style stir fry is a big hit with the ladies!) and you don't have to "forget" what you've already learn't! Just keep building those skills!

PvP earns you $$$! Yes that's right! Once you get to a good level the tournaments start paying out! You can make money out of this PvP system!

Weapons. Once you get good with hand to hand fighting (you don't have to punch insects altho I think it's optional in some styles ;) you can choose a weapon. The staff is usually the first in my skill tree but some use sword etc. There's alot to choose from! Give it 20 years you may learn most of them! But not all the special techniques!

Sub Culture. Films, books, music, language. Nuff said...

So all in all this is my fave MMO. It's got depth, violence, no XP cap and i loves it!

DjSKum

Velvet
28-10-03, 12:21
Originally posted by djskum
I play another MMORPG, it's much better IMHO! It's called KungFu! The excersise is there (hard circuit training) good for, stamina, strength, balance, reaction speeds, internal energy (chi) oh and punching/kicking. You DO get to PK (well maybe not kill but punching your opponent in the head is fucking satisfying!). I go to lessons twice a week and get to fight once a week. I train outside class once/twice a week. After a while you start to pick the techniques up and build power. There's no shortage of skill paths to pick and they all rock! e.g combine Chi Na with Tai Chi (practical) and your fairly fucking handy in a fight!
Unlike SWG to become a really hard master Jedi type you don't really need to learn how to cook (altho kungfu style stir fry is a big hit with the ladies!) and you don't have to "forget" what you've already learn't! Just keep building those skills!
PvP earns you $$$! Yes that's right! Once you get to a good level the tournaments start paying out! You can make money out of this PvP system!
Weapons. Once you get good with hand to hand fighting (you don't have to punch insects altho I think it's optional in some styles ;) you can choose a weapon. The staff is usually the first in my skill tree but some use sword etc. There's alot to choose from!
Sub Culture. Films, books, music, language. Nuff said...
So all in all this is my fave MMO. It's got depth, violence, no XP cap and i loves it!
DjSKum

Hehehehe!!:lol: :lol:
And lvl-spots right before your door.
My favourite is the OZ-Subway:D

Btw: To the guy who posted that gun-pic:
You can`t carry your weapon at all places / occasions. I do.
You have to draw. I keep my hands and feet at the ready all the time!:D

Lets call that new mmporg....: Real Life! (not my idea)

Marx
28-10-03, 12:26
You can carry it everywhere; specialized permits required? Of course.

Unless the dude is up my butt with a rubber glove, I'll be able to draw on him before he can pull his kung-fu hijinks.

I'll have 3 rounds in his (or her) chest before he can even get the 'hi' of 'hi-yah' out.

Going back to the carrying bit - Ceramic weapons (ceramic glock models =D), costly; but an interesting investment.

:D

Velvet
28-10-03, 12:36
Unless the dude is up my butt with a rubber glove, I'll be able to draw on him before he can pull his kung-fu hijinks.
I'll have 3 rounds in his (or her) chest before he can even get the 'hi' of 'hi-yah' out.

I`m german... you are not allowed to carry guns around like John Wayne:p

YOU would SHOOT a woman on sight...8|

I do not scream hi-yah. I simply smile (strikingly!):D

I found it: It was in the forum before:

mmorpg real life (http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/all/gamespotting/071103minusworld/1.html)

Pill
28-10-03, 12:38
Wait! Before you buy into this 'Body Building' MMORPG, Listen to this! :

Michael Jordan having "retired," with $40 million in endorsements, he makes $178,100 a day, working or not. If he sleeps 7 hours a night, he makes $52,000 every night while visions of sugarplums dance in his head. If he goes to see a movie, it'll cost him $7.00, but he'll make $18,550 while he's there. If he decides to have a 5 minute egg, he'll make $618 while boiling it. He makes $7,415/hr more than minimum wage. He'll make $3,710 while watching each episode of Friends. If he wanted to save up for a new Acura NSX ($90,000) it would take him a whole 12 hours. If someone were to hand him his salary and endorsement money, they would have to do it at the rate of $2.00 every second. He'll probably pay around $200 for a nice round of golf, but will be reimbursed $33,390 for that round. Assuming he puts the federal maximum of 15% of his income into a tax deferred account (401k), his contributions will hit the federal cap of $9500 at 8:30 a.m. on January 1st. If you were given a penny for every 10 dollars he made, you'd be living comfortably at $65,000 a year. He'll make about $19.60 while watching the 100 meter dash in the Olympics, and about $15,600 during the Boston Marathon. While the common person is spending about $20 for a meal in his trendy Chicago restaurant, he'll pull in about $5600. This year, he'll make more than twice as much as all U.S. past presidents for all of their terms combined. Amazing isn't it? However... If Jordan saves 100% of his income for the next 450 years, he'll still have less than Bill Gates has today. Game over. Nerd wins.

Think twice before playing 'Body Building'!!

djskum
28-10-03, 12:39

Going back to the carrying bit - Ceramic weapons (ceramic glock models =D), costly; but an interesting investment.

HEHE, I live in the UK. Not many of us run around with guns. And if you do, you tend to get shot/arrested. The perma death thing in RL sux, I intend to avoid it! Plus sitting in jail for 20 years is alot more boring than waiting for a poker in the plaza on a quiet night...

But unless your a good distance away from me you'll be fucked. I see your reaching into your jacket and I'll rip your arm off. And I'm quite good with rubber gloves too... ;-)

DjSKum "Gunz arn't as much fun as swords and fists!"

Marx
28-10-03, 13:35
I`m german... you are not allowed to carry guns around like John Wayne

Of course not, John Wayne was a cowboy :p I know there is a concealed weapons permit for Germans... I do not know how hard it is to get. =/

It'd be cool to walk down the street and have it look like a spaghetti western.

I do not scream hi-yah. I simply smile (strikingly!)

I was being general *shrugs* so sue me :D

Kung Fu, Judo, etc... Martial arts in general are overrated, when the 'real thing' occurs you generally go back to the basics; most people aren't programmed to react in a manner to respond with precise kicks, bleh (I'm gonna get reamed for that generalization.)- Granted... there are some people like that, but not the average joe.

Most brawls you see end up with one person attempting to tackle the other while they blindly punch and kick in the direction of the enemy whilst hoping for the best.

HEHE, I live in the UK. Not many of us run around with guns

Only criminals and some policemen have guns, eh? I know single shot hunting rifles are allowed after extensive permitting... thats about as much as I know about UK gun restrictions, and even that might be dated. =/

Don't think many people will do a drive by with rifles like that.

" 'ey, mate - pull around again, missed 'im "

But unless your a good distance away from me you'll be fucked. I see your reaching into your jacket and I'll rip your arm off

Me, my elder brother, hell - my whole family ('cept m' mum) is comprised of gun nuts. When we're bored... we go out to 'the countryside' and shoot. Needless to say we have pissing contests over things like drawtime... With a small to medium sized firearm most people can draw in a bit under a second (with a little bit of practice of course.)- all you need to do is move your hand from your side, up your back (nape of the back is the badass way to carry =P) get a firm grip on the handle... and do what I can only call 'throwing the shoulder'. Happens quickly - accuracy is crap because you'll be shooting from the hip/upper torso, but generally if you have to draw that way your target is close.

And I'm quite good with rubber gloves too

Time to walk around coated with baby oil.

"Who Brings a gun to a knife fight?! Who Brings a gun to a knife fight?!"

The sucka' that wins.

djskum
28-10-03, 14:00

Kung Fu, Judo, etc... Martial arts in general are overrated, when the 'real thing' occurs you generally go back to the basics; most people aren't programmed to react in a manner to respond with precise kicks, bleh (I'm gonna get reamed for that generalization.)- Granted... there are some people like that, but not the average joe.

Most brawls you see end up with one person attempting to tackle the other while they blindly punch and kick in the direction of the enemy whilst hoping for the best.

Nah m8 your wrong. Indeed it takes a while to get good enough to use it in real situations but I've seen a friend (who's been doing martial arts for 20 years) take on 2 guys with baseball bats. OK he got hurt but the other guys got worse!

Only criminals and some policemen have guns, eh? I know single shot hunting rifles are allowed after extensive permitting... thats about as much as I know about UK gun restrictions, and even that might be dated. =/

Don't think many people will do a drive by with rifles like that.

" 'ey, mate - pull around again, missed 'im "

Gun restrictions in the UK are very tight, so yeah criminals, police and farmers (the latter have shotguns).

Me, my elder brother, hell - my whole family ('cept m' mum) is comprised of gun nuts. When we're bored... we go out to 'the countryside' and shoot. Needless to say we have pissing contests over things like drawtime... With a small to medium sized firearm most people can draw in a bit under a second (with a little bit of practice of course.)- all you need to do is move your hand from your side, up your back (nape of the back is the badass way to carry =P) get a firm grip on the handle... and do what I can only call 'throwing the shoulder'. Happens quickly - accuracy is crap because you'll be shooting from the hip/upper torso, but generally if you have to draw that way your target is close.

ROFL remind me not to play the "lighting a dog shit on your door step" trick round your house ;-) Get my balls blown off!

DjSKum

Marx
28-10-03, 14:09
Originally posted by djskum
ROFL remind me not to play the "lighting a dog shit on your door step" trick round your house ;-) Get my balls blown off!

I'll have a hard enough time trying to get to the door covered in baby oil to counteract your rubber gloves

djskum
28-10-03, 14:22
pH33r /\/\y ru883r 610\/3z!!!

DjSKum

Original monk
28-10-03, 15:16
Body Building!

No, not Body Building Online, or some such nonsense, I'm talking about straight up, oldschool bodybuilding.

You might say, "But that isn't Massively Multiplayer!" Wrong! When I go to the gym, there are a hell of a lot more people there than any Neocron server ever has. I converse with all sorts of people who share my interests, and who are at various levels in the game.

So you finally discovered the game called real life ? you can have fun there also ya know :P

Velvet
28-10-03, 15:22
Back to topic:D
Two "tanks" fighting each other...
One is wearing Crahn anti-slipping-examination-gloves of fear and the other a teflon oil don`t-do-this-to-me PA:lol:
There is a picture of you two in my mind:lol: :lol:

Well...
Aren`t body builders also grease themselfes for competitions???

djskum
28-10-03, 15:32
Originally posted by Velvet
Back to topic:D
Two "tanks" fighting each other...
One is wearing Crahn anti-slipping-examination-gloves of fear and the other a teflon oil don`t-do-this-to-me PA:lol:
There is a picture of you two in my mind:lol: :lol:

Maybe you should see someone about that! I wouldn't want that picture in my mind! ;-)

And if you see a guy called Marcus Blade (playing Pluto now?) about ask him about the:

ru883r c41ck3|\| 0f d00/\/\!!!111eight eight eight

DjSKum

KRIMINAL99
28-10-03, 16:24
Everytime I go to the gym I get "OMG H4XX" and "GO HOME 'SPLOITER" for out lifting guys much bigger than me lol.

Nullifidian
28-10-03, 16:55
Enough of the "my martial art is better than your martial art" conversation. Those arguments NEVER get resolved so it's best to end them now.

What IS a valid topic is the fact that studying a martial art can be seen like an MMORPG. Every time you practice you get better at not only the moves you are practicing, but your speed, power, general technique, and flexibility. At certain points in your progress you gain a rank increase (level up). It's very PvP oriented. Going to sparring in practice and going to tournaments is an excellent way to gauge your progress.

As for body building having too slow a levelling curve, that's only if you're not doing it right. If I started Neocron and attempted to level up by knifing Copbots from the beginning, I'd go nowhere. Plus, like Neocron, you'll gain faster in a team. That means get a spotter. You'll also need buffs of a sort, so that means plenty of sleep and FOOD. Food is what your body uses to make muscle, or more specifically protein is what your body uses. Eat yogurt, eggs, chicken, turkey, lean beef, and drink milk. It's not difficult to manage.

As for levelling fast, I'd say the fastest way to level in the beginning is by using a 10-8-6-4 pyramid method for each exercise. That means start with a weight you can do 10 reps of fairly easily, then increase the weight a bit and do 8 reps, then increase the weight a bit and do 6 reps, then increase the weight more and do 4 reps. Best to work with a spot so if you can't finish the set alone, they can help you finish the last rep or 2 if you need help. Work out 3 times a week, splitting the exercises up as follows:

Day 1: Chest, Tricep, Shoulders
Day 2: Legs, Abs
Day 3: Back, Biceps

Pick big compound movements that use several muscle groups at once, like flat barbell bench press for chest, overhead barbell press for shoulders, squats for legs, and bent over barbell row or lat pulldown for back. Do 2 or 3 exercises for the major muscles: chest, shoulders, legs, back, abs. Only do 1 or 2 exercises for the smaller groups: triceps, biceps. The reason is that the smaller groups are already getting a major workout as is from the larger muscle group exercises.

Here's an example routine for you to try:

Chest:
1) Flat Bench Barbell Press
2) Incline Bench Barbell Press
3) Decline Bench Barbell Press
Shoulders:
1) Overhead barbell shoulder press (aka military press)
2) Lateral raises
Triceps:
1) Skullcrushers

Legs:
1) Squats
2) Deadlifts
3) Legpress
Abs:
1) Crunches
2) Jackknives
3) Reverse Crunches

Back:
1) Bent Over Barbell Rows
2) Lat Pulldown
3) Dumbell Rows
Bicep:
1) Preacher dumbell curls
2) Incline bench isolation curls

Make sure there is at least a day between each workout. Only do one bodypart workout per week. So, this workout would work well as Monday: chest/shoulder/tricep, Wednesday: legs/abs, Friday: back/bicep. Cardio believe it or not is optional unless you're looking to seriously cut down your fat to a single digit percentage. Keep in mind that normal for guys is around 15-20%, above 20 is overweight, below 15 is extremely trim.

You follow that workout and keep track of the weight you do for the first fourth set of the first exercise of each muscle. Flat Bench for chest, overhead press for shoulders, skullcrushers for triceps, squats for legs, bent over rows for back, and precher curls for bicep. I bet you you'll see that number go up at least 5 or 10 pounds every week.

Marx
28-10-03, 16:57
Dude, scroll back and peep the chain workout - You'll see results as soon as the bruises start to heal.

djskum
28-10-03, 17:56
Enough of the "my martial art is better than your martial art" conversation. Those arguments NEVER get resolved so it's best to end them now.

I missed that convo m8 ;-)

Just foolin' with Martial Arts Vs. Gunz ;-)

But what your saying there is right. I use the pyramid method of training. You get good results fast!

I picked up a book on British Commando training the other day. It has a 2 month plan, from excersise to diet. It's bloody hard but as soon as my chest clears up (I've had this damn Flu thing going round :( ) I'm going to start it up. It's quite heavily detox oriented too, so I might lose it without booze! But I'll be buff as you like in 2 months! I'm pretty fit now! I'm actually really looking forward to it!

I find setting yourself goals works for me too, if I can get my body fat ratio down by xmas I'm buying myself a tattoo! Now that's motivation!

DjSKum

ichinin
28-10-03, 18:47
OMG HAX.

Why not go for this instead then?:

http://www.heckler-koch.de/html/english/behoerden/06_grenademachinegun/06_01_index.html

Nullifidian
28-10-03, 19:02
Just keep in mind one thing DJskum: DON'T OVERTRAIN.

When you overtrain, you lose muscle mass. Believe it or not, if you do another workout for a bodypart within a 72 hour period then there is a 99% chance you are overtraining. You're muscles grow when you rest, not when you work out. Working out is what kicks off the process, but you've got to let the process complete before you kick it off again. It takes at least 72 hours for that process to complete. More in some cases.

djskum
28-10-03, 19:24
Thanks for the advice m8. A good friend of mine has told me something similar. I'll focus on muscle groups and do 2 days a week of overall full body training (my kungfu does every muscle in my body, barring my love muscle ofcourse ;)) but have a days rest after the full body stuff. I've actually bulked up quite alot in the last 6 months (been training more seriously) but I could still push myself much harder!

DjSKum