PDA

View Full Version : First Access Privileges or Loot Theft?

NeoChick
27-10-03, 21:24
I am APU and it takes me a long time to heal. I am not that high yet. I work away at a Grimmie for a long time and nobody else is around.
Here I have nearly nearly killed him and this woman comes along with her le chip in and just as I have killed it she races up to it and by the time I get down the tower, she grabs the loot.

She tells me 'have you ever heard of first access privileges'.
What is that? Is that what you call loot stealing now or is that now a rule of conduct in NC?

Then she says all I do is 'camp', i.e. I need long to heal and am not that high to kill a mob straight out. That is not camping is it?

Opinion?

Lathuc
27-10-03, 21:27
the one that does most damage to a mob loots it first then after what 30-40 secs everyone can

Disturbed021
27-10-03, 21:38
Yep, whoever does most damage has first access rights. If you do not do the most damage on a mob you can not open it and will get a message like "You do not have access rights, etc" and will continue to get that message for 30-40 seconds.
Possible the other person was shootin the same mob and you didnt see them?

SovKhan
27-10-03, 21:50
if you think thats bad go hunting solo as a ppu, you can work all day to get a grim to 1/2 health then a fucking apu comes along ding ding ding ding ding, and loots it. thank god i dont need to rarehunt anymore by myself =)

MrBane
27-10-03, 21:52
It's unfortunate, but here is the general scenario:

Low level player pounds away at high level monster for ages. This monster shouldn't even be attempted by the player, as the rewards simply don't fit the effort and time expended on killing it.

Just before the player takes the monster to its halfway point, whereby regardless what happens, they will have FAP for having done over 50% damage, another player, of the more able level, runs in and nukes it in seconds. They beat the other player on something like:

Lowbie: 46% v Hibie: 54%

Thus the Hibie gets the access, even though the Lowbie really did all the work.

Resolution? Avoid high level monsters until you can take them down in under five minutes, preferrably three.

Ultima
27-10-03, 22:11
I think the system is a little more complicated than just who ever did 51% damage or more, or at least it works out what damage the last attack would of done if the mob had health.. ie Warbot has only 20 life left but an APU hits it for 300, the system gives the percentage of the full 300 to the APU not just the 20 life points left on the Warbot.

Its definitly more complicated than 51% im sure, anyway I totally agree, if you are not high enough level to be able to solo the mob in a reasonable time then your loot will be rubbish and your XP will be low in comparison to the time spent on the mob.

whifix
27-10-03, 23:01
What about when you are hunting warbots and after you kill it someone with their LE in comes in, hacks it and steals the loot. I got back at someone for doing that one time by lewering the warbot over to them and zoning. By the time I got back alls I saw was a warbot and a backpack. :D

Gotterdammerung
27-10-03, 23:08
You should have seen how it used to be before they implemented first access rights. Someone could do no damage at all and still loot your kill right from under your nose. I feel your pain though, low level characters with not much run speed AND healing on top of that can use up that whole grace period just trying to run to the kill they've just made.

Shakari
27-10-03, 23:11
Originally posted by SovKhan
if you think thats bad go hunting solo as a ppu, you can work all day to get a grim to 1/2 health then a fucking apu comes along ding ding ding ding ding, and loots it. thank god i dont need to rarehunt anymore by myself =)

or u do as i do :)

I use a 5 slot assault rifle as a weapon and if an apu tries to butt in the mob gets sheltered and the apu gets dmg boosted

thus i still to the same dmg, the apu does a lot less dmg and either shit himeself and runs off or falls over very very quickly :D

KidWithStick
27-10-03, 23:14
it sounds like you were at the CRP tower...or the one clsoer to TG..

theres those gaurds around it, if a gaurd deals more damage to the mob than you then whoever clicks it first gets loot rights...

Original monk
27-10-03, 23:50
i prefered the beta4 way: storm at youre target (for example a copbot that yust been killed) and togheter with about 8 people start rightcklickling like if youre life depends on it and the one who is first is first :P (and in my nice example looted a copotrifle) this also counted for a aggresor where ya could loot the gatlingpistols (they sold fo +-3k :P)

Sharkey
28-10-03, 00:51
I come across this a lot, the greed is incredible in some people.

But as in life, NC is a community and you get very very ratty people here. To a certain extent PK'ers are role players in a way but common thieves like the one you describe I think are the really bad ones.

What makes it worse is that those types seem to keep their LE chip in for just that purpose, amongst others. So they feel invincible and think they can do what they like. Keep the name and one day that person will be without LE, then you get the bastard..........

As a consolation, there are very many really nice people on NC too, usually the older, seasoned ones are great, then you get some of the new noobs who will literally walk over dead bodies to get what they want - they have to learn that you cannot change your name in NC and it is not a good idea to make enemies

greendonkeyuk
28-10-03, 02:20
Originally posted by whifix
What about when you are hunting warbots and after you kill it someone with their LE in comes in, hacks it and steals the loot. I got back at someone for doing that one time by lewering the warbot over to them and zoning. By the time I got back alls I saw was a warbot and a backpack. :D

isnt it like double the hack difficulty for the first 30 secs or so on hackable mobs though? musta been an uber hacker.......

whifix
28-10-03, 03:06
Ya, one time at MB there was a tank going around hacking with his LE in. Not fighting at all, just going arond stealing peopls loot. Must of been quite nerfed.

Birkoff
28-10-03, 03:15
If ur not hard enough to be killing a mob like that with doing the most damage then u shouldnb't be fighting that mob (or be complaining u dont get the loot)

Maybe i didn't understand ur post right :/

IceStorm
28-10-03, 03:31
What about when you are hunting warbots and after you kill it someone with their LE in comes in, hacks it and steals the loot
LE doesn't change hack rights to Warbots. For either the first 30 seconds or the first attempt made by the killer, the hack difficulty is quite high. After that, anyone can open it.

Part of my problem is I use long range weapons. I can't always "see" damage being dealt out by another person until I get within range of the person, then the Warbot/Decayed Horror's health bar takes a deep dip as the server synchs me up with what's going on. I usually leave the mob to whoever's working on it already provided they have it under control.

StrongSad
28-10-03, 03:56
It annoys me when I am at gabanium trying to cap my spies dex and all the newbs complain to me that I am "taking their horror/brute". If you cant do the most dmg to it....you dont deserve the loot. Its that simple. Dont like it? Go hunt at some other spot.

Ultima
28-10-03, 04:01
tbh on Saturn as a fairly high level, I don't get looters trying to steal off me, and that goes for my PE / Spy and Tank, even if sum1 joins in and starts attacking say MY warbot they just leave when its dead and acknowledges that the kills mine.

I think if your too low level then maybe you are asking for trouble, or you are hunting in areas non friendly too your faction.

Birkoff
28-10-03, 04:04
Originally posted by StrongSad
It annoys me when I am at gabanium trying to cap my spies dex and all the newbs complain to me that I am "taking their horror/brute". If you cant do the most dmg to it....you dont deserve the loot. Its that simple. Dont like it? Go hunt at some other spot.

Exactly what i said, to true.

I'm PPU and rarely get a thing, so who am i to complain.... bring it on the rare SC!!! :D

Drexel
28-10-03, 04:33
Ok, lets get this clear,

NeoChic is not talking about First loot Rights,

She is saying that where she attacks from it takes 30+ seconds to get to the body & by then anyone who hasent even fired a shot can just walk up & take the loot. (riflers have this problem all the time)

@ NeoChic, take out your LE out & kill the bitch, youve been playing a while now, you should be quite uber.

or PM me her name & ill kill her (twice) for you, us Aussies gotta stick together. (what planet you on ?)

This is a problem & we gotta teach the little kiddies some manners.

StrongSad
28-10-03, 05:05
I am a rifler and I have no problem getting to my loot on time. Even with crap agility/atl it wont take more than 30 seconds to run to a dead mob even if your sniping with an SH at max range...

Drexel
28-10-03, 05:17
It will take you >30sec if you stop to heal just using medipacs so you dont get caught in the open with 30 HLT.

Medipacs are too slow, APU should be able you use TL 3 heal without penalties.

Birkoff
28-10-03, 06:05
If it takes u that long to get to the mobs u just killed, all at the same time so that didn't disapear of course. Then u need to get more ath/agil i think :P If ur an apu u dont expect to be able to run and grab loot while getting shot by a WB or Grim, if thats the case then APUs need a NERf :P

Thought about hunting in a differnt spot? :)

ichinin
28-10-03, 06:30
Welcome to Neocron...

As a noob i had lots of problems getting the loot, i learned where to not (Aggies) and where to level (somewhere else), because high level players wanting to switch factions or whatever would run down and kill everything in sight - and not loot the corpses.

it's annoying when you have ALMOST killed your first firemob, then some a**hole APU come along and damage the last percentages.. (EXACTLY like Ultima describes it) "You cannot loot this - first access privs - please wait while the other runner ignore the loot and leave the zone".

IF you kill something, please just access the mob and close the RPOS so others dont have to wait...

At least i got the exp for it. I'm also playing another MMO where the mob is killed by someone else - you get NO exp at all.. :(

As for camping; do that somewhere where people rarely go; i've found a few EASY places - Easy as in i could ALMOST in hook up autofire on my mouse and go for a pizza while "i" level up..(!)

ichinin
28-10-03, 06:33
Originally posted by Birkoff
if thats the case then APUs need a NERf :P

You think? I went out of MB the other day and i saw 4 WB's laying (inter)face down on the ground and a APU hacking away on one of them told me he was proud because he had "soloed 4 warbots for the first time" (!)

Sharkey
28-10-03, 07:02
quoting Birkoff:
_______
If ur not hard enough to be killing a mob like that with doing the most damage then u shouldnb't be fighting that mob (or be complaining u dont get the loot)

Birkoff you don't know what you are talking about. Fire mobs you don't get to pick which are too hard or which are not. There are many and you kill the ones you can handle and then the big guy may be standing in a spot blocking your way to go anywhere.

And if you get the chance to kill it slowly, why not? Good xp and the reward (if nobody steals it)

Also, medium level players do need some good imps too to get anywhere, and since you can't buy them any more you need stuff to trade, and you can't trade for rares if you don't have any.
And rares are only on tough mobs. So you try and you die a lot and perhaps where others get ten a day or more, you may get that one a week and be gloriously happy.

Thas is why it is so bad if somebody steals your loot, it may be the only rare you will get in a week.

I once started killing a tough mob and nearly died and whilst I was healing another player, a girl, killed it and she came up to me and actually gave me the rare, even though she had earned it with much more damage. I will never forget that girl. What nice people there are in NC sometimes! She could be a TG PK'er and I would like her.

NeoChick
28-10-03, 07:20
I think there is a misunderstanding:

I was in the tower where the fire monsters are between Blackhill and Tezla
There was nobody else around
I was in the tower killing the grim prosecutor
I killed him till about a mm of its life and this girl appeared on the scene and she took a few shots at it
I killed it and had 4900 cr so I am pretty sure that I did the major damage
Whilst I was still burning and trying to find the steps to go down she jumped off the tower and raced to the mob, If course she was at full health because she had only just arrived and I was taking all the damage from that mob.
By the time I got there it was 'already in use' and she was taking the loot

As a medium APU you are strong enough to tackle these monsters but they do a lot of damage and you have to hide at times to heal, and healing for an APU takes long

Pathetically, an APU cannot even use the basic heal that any tank can use.

deac
28-10-03, 09:12
I want sindy back1!!!!

*mumble mumble*

ichinin
28-10-03, 14:07
Originally posted by NeoChick
Pathetically, an APU cannot even use the basic heal that any tank can use.

But you CAN place 20pts into recyckling and clone medkits(!)

Futureman
28-10-03, 15:05
Dude, you realize that you can just jump from the tower and not get hurt?:rolleyes: No wonder you didn't make it in time trying to climb down that ladder. In case you didn't notice you can jump from any height in Neocron and not get hurt. Your health will initially be bugged but will correct itself in the next update to the level before you jumped. This is only a client-side prob. So next time just jump from the tower. And don't use the grav-lift to go down at Techhaven:wtf:

SynC_187
28-10-03, 15:09
Originally posted by ichinin
You think? I went out of MB the other day and i saw 4 WB's laying (inter)face down on the ground and a APU hacking away on one of them told me he was proud because he had "soloed 4 warbots for the first time" (!)

Might have been me, but it I got it up to 6. Its not hard.

Hide behind a hill. Get their attention. They walk up, do some damage and they turn around and walk away. The minute they turn around shoot the next closest.

Rinse and repeat as they keep returning, nicely staggered so they never get too close.

Eventually they all die, you just have to hope they all die before the first dissapears because you wouldn't last long if you ran out in the open.

I do it the most with my APU, but I've managed it with all classes. Its nothing to do with one class being overpowered

stalked monkey
28-10-03, 15:20
Man, if you think APUs are overpowered...

Maybe I shouldnt tell ya this :P

An upper-mid level tank (I'm 27/46 right now, and started doing this at about 25/42) can solo Decayed Horrors and Brutes easy as pie with good inquisition armor and a reveler ( could be regular 4v4 but that isnt invincible :P)

Just get enough vhc skill so you can drive, then drive within shooting range, hop out, jump in the gunner seat, and rip the dung beetles out of it. Sure, your gunna take damage and your car will too... but the cash and XP is insane. :)

OH! And in a rhino (but alas tanks cant drive it :( ) I can kill an APU-PPU combo :) So NYA!!!

Shakari
29-10-03, 03:26
Originally posted by stalked monkey
Man, if you think APUs are overpowered...

Maybe I shouldnt tell ya this :P

An upper-mid level tank (I'm 27/46 right now, and started doing this at about 25/42) can solo Decayed Horrors and Brutes easy as pie with good inquisition armor and a reveler ( could be regular 4v4 but that isnt invincible :P)

Just get enough vhc skill so you can drive, then drive within shooting range, hop out, jump in the gunner seat, and rip the dung beetles out of it. Sure, your gunna take damage and your car will too... but the cash and XP is insane. :)

OH! And in a rhino (but alas tanks cant drive it :( ) I can kill an APU-PPU combo :) So NYA!!!

lol and I'm sure a apu ppu combo can rape u good if ur in a reveler, or mangle ur tank if they think about what there doing :)